PDA

View Full Version : Playstation Home beta

viff3r
11-21-2008, 06:52 PM
Anyone else get this email?
(I x'd out the password of course)

WELCOME TO HOME BETA

Dear PlayStation®Network member,

Congratulations, you have been selected to help beta test PlayStation®Home!

We appreciate your help in making the PlayStation®Home experience the best it can be! Please log in to Home this evening from 6 pm - 8 pm PST for a big celebration of Version 1.0 and a load test of our new features.

How to download
After you have signed in with your PlayStation®Network Account:
- Go to the PlayStation®Store on the PLAYSTATION(R)3 system XMB™ (XrossMediaBar)
- Select "Redeem Codes"
- Enter the code (below)
- Click "Continue"
- The download will be available on the next screen

XXXXXXXX

Please note: The unique code is case sensitive and must be entered exactly as displayed.

Thank you for your continued support of the PlayStation®Network, and we look forward to seeing you in PlayStation®Home.

Yours truly,

The PlayStation®Network
Sony Computer Entertainment America

beecue
11-21-2008, 07:39 PM
Did you sign up at some site or anything? .. I don't know how people randomly get invites .. I want a Killzone 2 invite :guns:

toyboy88
11-21-2008, 07:58 PM
Nope.

viff3r
11-22-2008, 01:34 AM
I downloaded the Home Beta theme a while ago from the PS store so I think that's why I got an invite. Anyway, I downloaded the program (77MB file) and it requires 3+ GB of hard drive space :eek:

But I can't connect, looks like the servers are down. Guess I'll try tomorrow...

HyperZell
11-22-2008, 10:19 AM
Haha yeah! I got it too and I messed around in the Beta last night. It was actually quite neat - they have some cool features in there. For example, you start off in your Harbour Studio Apartment, which is gorgeous and has a great view of the bay. There are a few other areas to download and then walk around in, and there were plenty of people there. You can play arcade game and bowl in the Bowling Alley and there are even big video screens playing trailers from games and stuff.

After 10 it stopped working for me though, so I don't think it's a continuous Beta right now. Looking forward to the real deal though!

ZEDGE
11-22-2008, 10:47 AM
I got the email too. Havent played around with it much yet.

Its being sent to people who downloaded the Home theme a while back.

viff3r
11-22-2008, 12:29 PM
So far it's pretty cool. Not a whole lot is functioning fully yet. Has a ton of potential though.

Checking out the PS underground forums and it's pretty sad how desperate some people are to get a beta invite, haha.

cdnsir
11-22-2008, 04:08 PM
Got the email last night, gonna start the dl in a bit.

And yea, I think it was from when I dl'ed the Home theme a few months back too.

aznhavok
11-22-2008, 06:53 PM
Got the beta up and running

add me up psn id aznhavok

HyperZell
11-23-2008, 12:11 AM
No, it's from just you being a PSN member. I didn't download the Home thing and I still got it. It's random.

treg50
11-24-2008, 12:00 AM
^ Actually yes, initially it was given to those who downloaded the Home Theme. That's how I was invited to be part of the Closed Beta since (v.00.98.xx b).

The version everyone here seems to be talking about is v1.0 b... not quite an open public but I guess they are emailing more people to try it out. It's pretty sweet. v1.0 b is a bit smoother than earlier versions. Home is alive and well.

HyperZell
11-24-2008, 08:48 AM
Originally posted by treg50
^ Actually yes, initially it was given to those who downloaded the Home Theme. That's how I was invited to be part of the Closed Beta since (v.00.98.xx b).

The version everyone here seems to be talking about is v1.0 b... not quite an open public but I guess they are emailing more people to try it out. It's pretty sweet. v1.0 b is a bit smoother than earlier versions. Home is alive and well.

Haha did you finally change your avatar from the red rings of death? Well done.

treg50
11-24-2008, 01:57 PM
Ya looks like it but you know never know when they'll show up again. :thumbsup:

n1zm0
11-26-2008, 10:16 AM
i found it hilarious to see all these people in front of the music building thing dancing like idiots.

or the guy who's sitting on the ground in the middle of nowhere and theres a group of people standing around him clapping, get closer and he's singing 'twinkle twinkle little star' over VoIP.

some messed up hilarious stuff :rofl:

all the games and pool tables are always full, :thumbsdow