PDA

View Full Version : Odyssey 15pound batteries, any opinions?

Graham_A_M
11-22-2008, 01:07 PM
Hey guys, here it is basically.
http://www.odysseybatteries.com/battery/pc680.htm

It wieghts 1/3'rd of a typical lead-acid battery. Which equates to about a 2-3hp gain essentially: as I've been told.

Just wondering what peoples opinions are on these, how reliable they are, where to get them and anything else.
-Thanks a lot for reading this and shedding any help you may have. ;)
Cheers

talonboi
11-22-2008, 01:49 PM
i;ve used this battery and it couldnt start the car in the winter, wasnt strong enough. but i would get the PC925, still is smaller then your regular battery, and just as strong.

http://www.odysseybatteries.com/battery/pc925series.htm

QuasarCav
11-22-2008, 02:48 PM
I'm not sure where the 2-3hp comes from but I would not want to sacrifice the piece of mind knowning my car would start for a small increase in performance.

These are essentially recreational batteries with low CCA that were never designed to be used in place of a standard battery. Might be a good idea for a track car or something like that.

Redlyne_mr2
11-22-2008, 03:08 PM
I have one in my mr2.. i swapped to a normal large sized battery and could definitely feel the difference. I prefer the small batteries, whats annoying though is that it's dead if the car sits for a few days. I dont think there is anyway you could use one in the winter either.

FivE.SeveN
11-22-2008, 03:49 PM
I've used one for.. 2 years now. I only drive summers though, and this spring when I started it back up the battery died on me. It actually started bulging the sides out, wouldn't hold a charge. Took a week to get replaced by warranty as well.

I don't know, not very impressed so far. It's just a battery, and because of the smaller dimensions you might have to get some extenders for your battery terminals. My (-) cable was too short to reach.

There's better ways to shave a bit of weight off your car, if that's what you're trying to do.