PDA

View Full Version : crave cookies and cupcakes good?

Boomph
11-22-2008, 05:07 PM
Hey guys I was wondeirng if any body had tried crave cookies and cupcakes before? if so are they good? i overheard a bunch of people talking about them and apparantly they are the BEST cupcakes in calgary, so i did some research and it appears they are quite pricey for a single cupcake...

hehe thanks

Weapon_R
11-22-2008, 05:08 PM
They look good but they taste like garbage to me. They have way too much icing and you feel like a fag eating such a small cupcake.

G-ZUS
11-22-2008, 05:14 PM
Originally posted by Weapon_R
They look good but they taste like garbage to me. They have way too much icing and you feel like a fag eating such a small cupcake.

:werd:

Boomph
11-22-2008, 05:22 PM
haha according to the website it comes in 2 sizes? haha not sure too bad theres no pictures..

lately i have been craving for some good desserts...

Kritafo
11-22-2008, 05:31 PM
Originally posted by Weapon_R

...... agree that they are freaking garbage. I swear, just because people say they are good people are too afraid to say they suck. THEY SUCK. The icing is freaking horrible. Save your money, go and buy a cupcake mix with canned frosting they will taste better.

Not sure about the cookies, as my own are great and nobody will eat a store bought cookie at my house.

Just go buy one and find out for yourself. It's not like they are $100.00 a cupcake. They are what $3.00? Mini's are half that.

ercchry
11-22-2008, 05:39 PM
girls love them... i have ate one before.... felt really gay just standing in the store so i got the girl i was with to order it haha. it had cream cheese icing and it was good, i dont like really sweet icing but i liked that icing.

topmade
11-22-2008, 05:44 PM
Had one a couple of times and it's too sweet for me, but the other fat ladies in the office loved them :dunno:

dannie
11-22-2008, 05:51 PM
Originally posted by Boomph
haha according to the website it comes in 2 sizes? haha not sure too bad theres no pictures..

lately i have been craving for some good desserts...

What kind of dessert are you craving? There are a few really good dessert places in Calgary.

http://www.nectardesserts.com/

^This is one of them. If you are looking for something specific, I would check the different restaurants and go for coffee and dessert.

Oh, and I dont enjoy Crave either.

403ep3
11-22-2008, 05:59 PM
I like them till I eat too many. There's the peanut butter, it's fucking good!

dj_rice
11-22-2008, 06:15 PM
Cookies By George mmmm

G-ZUS
11-22-2008, 06:19 PM
Baklava > Craves Cupcakes

Kritafo
11-22-2008, 07:32 PM
Originally posted by G-ZUS

Baklava....mmm much better than a cupcake.

JordanEG6
11-22-2008, 08:22 PM
It's good. I love them, but it's one of those foods where I eat it in moderation maybe once in a blue moon. It's so sweet, it'll satisfy a "Crave Craving" for weeks hahaha.

Tik-Tok
11-22-2008, 09:09 PM

X 1,235,932

I do enjoy those Crave cupcakes once in awhile though. I don't know why any guy would eat, let alone buy the tiny ones. Those are only for girls, so they feel not so bad about eating them.

Get the large size.

nich148_9
11-22-2008, 10:31 PM
Originally posted by dannie

http://www.nectardesserts.com/

and

:werd:

If you ever go to Nectar and you want to buzz until the wee hours of the morning, order the Nectar Buzz. It's a double shot of espresso (mine was more like a triple) poured over their homemade honey ice cream. Best taste sensation ever.

Amysicle
11-22-2008, 10:55 PM
Crave is overrated. The icing is too sweet and most of the time I find the cupcake itself is too dry like it's stale or been in the oven just too long.

szw
11-23-2008, 12:02 AM
As stated..they look nice but aren't that great.

Donmega
11-23-2008, 12:37 AM
i don't mind them. kinda pricy but still not that bad

baklava on the other hand is damn good as well!

sxtothe240
11-23-2008, 04:49 AM
tastes like shit

ZorroAMG
11-23-2008, 06:31 AM
You guys are retarded. They are good cupcakes....a bunch of homophobes on a car site hate them??? OMGZORS they must be terrible!!! The only thing I don't like is that there is too much icing.

Weapon R, if you bought the adult ones, you wouldn't feel like such a fag....possibly.

The cookies are great...I prefer them to the cupcakes.

ekguy
11-23-2008, 11:01 AM
cupcakes are good minus the enormous amount of icing they put...I just scrape off most the icing...Better that way.

Isaiah
11-23-2008, 11:07 AM
The cupcakes are decent - for a cupcake but as mentioned, there is way too much icing and I'm not a fan of icing.

What gets me is their hours. Almost every time I go by, they are closed - both locations. GF told me it's because they're so popular that they sell out half way through the week and shut down until the following week. That doesn't make too much business sense if true, especially considering that they're probably baking them fresh daily.

krazykhoja
11-23-2008, 11:32 AM
Originally posted by Isaiah
The cupcakes are decent - for a cupcake but as mentioned, there is way too much icing and I'm not a fan of icing.

What gets me is their hours. Almost every time I go by, they are closed - both locations. GF told me it's because they're so popular that they sell out half way through the week and shut down until the following week. That doesn't make too much business sense if true, especially considering that they're probably baking them fresh daily.

I heard that they bake them fresh every morning and once they are sold they close for the day. So they just bake them once a day. Could be wrong though...but thats what I've heard.

GQBalla
11-23-2008, 11:57 AM
The cupcakes are pretty good, but definitly too much icing.

ive never had the cookies i bet they are good though.

the cupcakes are pretty expensive too ahah

Nekura
11-23-2008, 12:59 PM
They're so yummy! However I think it's more of a girls thing, we like things sweet =) The icing can be a bit much, but there's always the option to take some of it off. If you can't take too much sugar the mini cupcakes are the best. The bread part of the cupcake is the best in my opinion. Their cupcakes are much fluffier (sp?) and has a specific texture that i've never experienced anywhere else. Don't eat too many though!

Barlow
11-23-2008, 01:30 PM
i like them as much a s afat kid likes cake!

Our office gets them in sometimes, they go pretty quickly!

Speed_69
11-23-2008, 09:05 PM
what's this Baklava some of you speak of?

Amysicle
11-23-2008, 09:17 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baklava

I find baklava hit or miss. Still better than Crave cupcakes though.

kwjent
11-23-2008, 10:11 PM
Buttercream is like crave and I found them to be really good. I had to do a marketing plan for them in school and got to go to the shop and do some tasting. A+

suen_boi
11-24-2008, 03:22 PM
The cupcakes are hugely disappointing in terms of value.

Nectar in Inglewood is one of the better ones in Calgary. I had a pecan & hazelnut butter tart last week :drool:

JAYMEZ
11-24-2008, 03:56 PM
Ive had them a couple times , my gf loves them...
But god damn I have to take off most the icing , its way to sweet and my teeth freakin hurt after.

cdnsir
11-24-2008, 04:09 PM
Off topic, but still related to sweets. I'm literally chewing on a Candy Cane Chocolate doughnut from Tim's right now. It's essentially a double choc doughnut with crushed candy cane on top... damn it's good!!

kenny
11-24-2008, 04:35 PM
I usually scrape off half of the icing when I have one, otherwise its too sweet.

CausalInfluence
11-29-2008, 05:06 PM
Indian sweet meats >>>>> baklava >>>>>>>>>>>>> Crave.

DarkDream
12-04-2008, 06:22 AM
Yah craves is definitely not worth the price....

The cake part of the cupcake is good but nothing spectacular.... Anyone that like their cupcakes should really go make yourself some cupcakes at home sometime and you'll see what i mean..

I must admit they do have some unique frosting's but that still doesn't make the cupcake worth $2.50 to $3.00 for 1.

sputnik
12-04-2008, 07:53 AM
A pile of crave cupcakes was our wedding cake when my wife and I got married.

Here are a couple pictures of the cupcakes she took when she was in school.

I don't get why people get all worked up about the price. I would rather have a $3 cupcake than a $3 Tim Horton's coffee.

http://www.staceynickel.com/food/food_image_2_06.jpg
http://www.staceynickel.com/food/food_image_3_06.jpg