PDA

View Full Version : Suppliments to help along

The Cosworth
11-23-2008, 12:24 PM
I have been working out for the last four months, and have really picked it up in the last 2 months, I have also adjusted my diet for the better (not radically but not as much crap in).

I play squash 3 or 4 times a week, push weights 2 times a week and play in a volleyball league once a week.

I currently take fish oil and a multivitamin every day but nothing else. Not into creatine or protein as I eat a lot of meat as it is. I have already lost a fair amount of weight and gained a lot of endurance.

Question is, I am trying to get slimmer and build some more muscle so I should probably be taking something else daily but I dont know what to get.

Help is appreciated!

GQBalla
11-23-2008, 01:00 PM
take some whey protein isolate to promote lean muscle mass and your good to go.

as you said you eat a lot of meat as it is already so a shake after a work out or volleyball will only help out.

don't let the shakes be your main source of protein and your set :D

Jlude
11-23-2008, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by GQBalla

as you said you eat a lot of meat as it is already so a shake after a work out or volleyball will only help out.

There you have it

Darkane
11-23-2008, 01:41 PM
Originally posted by The Cosworth
I have been working out for the last four months, and have really picked it up in the last 2 months, I have also adjusted my diet for the better (not radically but not as much crap in).

I play squash 3 or 4 times a week, push weights 2 times a week and play in a volleyball league once a week.

I currently take fish oil and a multivitamin every day but nothing else. Not into creatine or protein as I eat a lot of meat as it is. I have already lost a fair amount of weight and gained a lot of endurance.

Question is, I am trying to get slimmer and build some more muscle so I should probably be taking something else daily but I dont know what to get.

Help is appreciated!

Eat more meat. It's true most supplements only actually contribute to a 5% thing.

People who say they eat enough meat are the same as people who don't work out their legs because they're big or strong enough already. LOL :banghead:

The Cosworth
11-23-2008, 02:29 PM
Originally posted by Darkane

Eat more meat. It's true most supplements only actually contribute to a 5% thing.

People who say they eat enough meat are the same as people who don't work out their legs because they're big or strong enough already. LOL :banghead:

The only reason why I think I take in enough meat is when I donate blood they dont even bother timing the drip test for me anymore. I drop like a freaking rock.

But as I said I wasn't sure what to take hence why I was asking.

As for my legs, I don't do specific leg weights but between squash, volleyball, and running the stairs by my house (I live near eau claire) they pretty much hurt everyday which is good enough for me. :D

Originally posted by GQBalla

Whey Protein it is then. thanks guys. :thumbsup: