PDA

View Full Version : Muscle Twitching

broken_legs
11-23-2008, 03:49 PM
Have any of you guys experienced random muscle twitching?

I usually have some random muscle somewhere that is twitching away for a couple days or a week.

Recently I started getting a twitch in my eye. Its been there for about 2 weeks now and it's driving me nuts! Its some little tiny muscle right in the outer corner of my left eye that is tugging on my eye lid. It almost tickles sometimes and it makes it hard for me to concentrate on stuff.

I did a little research and found that twitching could be caused by lots of things like low levels of toxic metals, lack of vitamins etc... What really scared me is that it's also an indication of Parkinson's disease. My Gramps died from parkinsons!

Just wondering if anyone twitches as much as I do and if they have discovered an easy way to get rid of it.

Thx

JAYMEZ
11-23-2008, 03:54 PM
My eye used to twitch when I got really stressed out.. Are you having a hard patch right now?

JfuckinC
11-23-2008, 03:55 PM
Originally posted by JAYMEZ
My eye used to twitch when I got really stressed out.. Are you having a hard patch right now?

Yah same lol
i hated it, and it stressed me out more!

broken_legs
11-23-2008, 03:56 PM

not at all

I'm actually quite relaxed

:dunno:

flopicok
11-23-2008, 04:00 PM
I get it too. When I asked about it, I was told that it can be cause from being over tired. Thats about the only time it happens to me.

broken_legs
11-23-2008, 04:08 PM
Well its happening to me right now. I'm almost tempted to take a video and post it haha

I went to bed around 1 last night and got out of bed at 10:30. I've been sleeping in for the last 2 weeks and I feel great.

I also get this weird shaking in some of my joints.

For instance if I'm sitting and my knee is bent but im putting the weight of my leg on my toes my leg starts to shake. It's almost like an oscillation, i get the same thing in my left hand sometimes too.

GQBalla
11-23-2008, 04:34 PM
have you recently changed your diet?

i sometimes get the shakes or twitches after i work out hard, or when im really hungry.

for me when i ride for a long time my leg starts to twitch

Masked Bandit
11-25-2008, 09:05 AM
Originally posted by broken_legs

I usually have some random muscle somewhere that is twitching away for a couple days or a week.

Recently I started getting a twitch in my eye. Its been there for about 2 weeks now and it's driving me nuts! Its some little tiny muscle right in the outer corner of my left eye that is tugging on my eye lid. It almost tickles sometimes and it makes it hard for me to concentrate on stuff.

I did a little research and found that twitching could be caused by lots of things like low levels of toxic metals, lack of vitamins etc... What really scared me is that it's also an indication of Parkinson's disease. My Gramps died from parkinsons!

Just wondering if anyone twitches as much as I do and if they have discovered an easy way to get rid of it.

Thx

I've got the same thing in my eye, it comes and goes. I've also go Parkinson's in the family.

mdeluxe
11-25-2008, 09:25 AM

Thx

my chest twitches all the time after a workout, but sometimes its more like muscle spasms. I dont know the cure, so I just put up with it

Kritafo
11-25-2008, 09:25 AM
Do not just disregard it being something more serious.

Parkinson is one of many that starts with twitching and tremors.

It could be nothing but only your Dr can tell you. They can run tests for dopamine and serotonin levels. Some forms of Parkinson are hereditary.

Could just be low potassium. Make a Dr.'s appointment and eat some bananas in the meantime.

SJW
11-25-2008, 09:28 AM
I get the same thing. Your body needs rest.

mdeluxe
11-25-2008, 11:31 AM
Originally posted by SJW
I get the same thing. Your body needs rest.

yeh thats right I actually herd that too, I also was told to drink more water... :dunno:

bubbley
11-25-2008, 11:38 AM
slam water

Rat Fink
11-25-2008, 12:34 PM

semograd
11-25-2008, 02:57 PM
Originally posted by mdeluxe

my chest twitches all the time after a workout, but sometimes its more like muscle spasms. I dont know the cure, so I just put up with it

your dehydrated and/or don't have enough electrolytes in your body

I also get this weird shaking in some of my joints.

For instance if I'm sitting and my knee is bent but im putting the weight of my leg on my toes my leg starts to shake. It's almost like an oscillation, i get the same thing in my left hand sometimes too.

Has this always been the case for you or did you just start noticing it recently? this has happened to me since I was a child. I don't think its that abnormal.

em2ab
11-25-2008, 03:01 PM
For instance if I'm sitting and my knee is bent but im putting the weight of my leg on my toes my leg starts to shake. It's almost like an oscillation

Happens to me and everyone I know, been that way for over 10 years. It actually feels better to do it so I notice myself doing it all the time when I sit, probably because it loosens up the blood in the veins or something, no idea.

TC06
11-25-2008, 03:49 PM
I got the same twitch in the corner of my eye, I also had minimal sleep too. I slept more, the twitch went away.

bubbley
11-25-2008, 03:55 PM
are u juicin it?

rx7boi
11-26-2008, 01:47 PM
Sleep more!

Boat
11-27-2008, 02:54 AM
I get the eye twitch too,
-Too much stress
-Lack of sleep
-Staring too long a computer screen

For that leg thing I get something like that in my thigh, sometimes feels like my phone is vibrating but its just my blood vessels?

EDIT: Keep us updated broken_legs

403Gemini
11-27-2008, 10:15 AM

^This

My right eye twitches like fucking crazy when i am MAX stressed out and it only makes it worse since you're right, you cant focus on anything but the twitch.

I occasionaly get twitches/spasms in my arms as well, its really weird.

403Gemini
11-27-2008, 10:16 AM
Originally posted by Boat
I get the eye twitch too,
-Too much stress
-Lack of sleep
-Staring too long a computer screen

For that leg thing I get something like that in my thigh, sometimes feels like my phone is vibrating but its just my blood vessels?

EDIT: Keep us updated broken_legs

OH MAN i hate that feeling where it feels like your phone is vibrating. Christ i check my phone probably 15-20 times before i realize its just my leg haha

jwslam
11-27-2008, 02:48 PM

asian perspective:
right eye twitch: something horrible is upon you
left eye twitch: something good is happening soon

keep me updated on all the good things that happen haha