PDA

View Full Version : Looking for some solid furniture

b_t
11-24-2008, 10:21 AM
I'm getting rid off all my old beat to shit bedroom furniture and need some new stuff. I got a desk from Ikea and it'll work for a desk, but a bed made of particle board? Not so sure...

Anyway, other than Ikea, what are some good places to look for furniture? I'm not spending thousands on my room but have no problem paying for something higher quality..

edit: how's EQ3's furniture? They have some nice looking stuff.

ExtraSlow
11-24-2008, 10:29 AM
Brako brothers.

b_t
11-24-2008, 10:42 AM
they don't sell beds?
And I'm looking for the modern look.. a lot of that stuff looked like it was for old men

JAYMEZ
11-24-2008, 03:04 PM
Lol me and my gf destroyed my old ikea bed... Check EP3 / Brick / Ashley furniture / Revolve.

JfuckinC
11-24-2008, 03:11 PM
Originally posted by JAYMEZ
Lol me and my gf destroyed my old ikea bed... Check EP3 / Brick / Ashley furniture / Revolve.

Ikea beds are shit!
either that or im just a big guy, i've broke three different ones lol.

+1 for ashley, we have a nice bunch of furniture from them, and its lasted through me and my friends for two years without much of an issue. Decent customer service for us too.

JAYMEZ
11-24-2008, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by JfuckinC

Ikea beds are shit!
either that or im just a big guy, i've broke three different ones lol.

+1 for ashley, we have a nice bunch of furniture from them, and its lasted through me and my friends for two years without much of an issue. Decent customer service for us too.

On a random occsaion , my foot went through the bed frame lol :rofl:

Edit: Oh yah when you order furniture , sometimes it takes 2-4 weeks to get in , so just go prepared that you probably wont walk home with a new bed in hand.

5000Audi
11-24-2008, 03:13 PM
ive got an ikea bed, we have the Hopen we sucked when the box spring was mounted on the rails they give you.. so i took the rails out and my box spring sits on the floor now and the bed frame is just around it.. actually looks alot better now since my bed isnt sitting 4 feet from the ground.. but i like ikea.. well at least my wife makes me like it hahah

legendboy
11-24-2008, 03:58 PM

haha we grenaded an ikea bed years ago, timing was bad too, right as i was about to "finish" :rofl:

88CRX
11-24-2008, 04:16 PM
Some of EQ3's stuff is barely better than Ikea crap :dunno:

Maybe jump on the display stuff in the store or something first.

GOnSHO
11-24-2008, 04:22 PM
i bought a new bed and frame from Mattress mattress (same building as speedtech)... GREAT stuff and the lady there really knows her shit..

b_t
11-24-2008, 05:17 PM

that's what I was worried about ahaha
particle board works fine for my desk sure but a bed? fuck that

b_t
11-24-2008, 05:19 PM
Originally posted by GOnSHO
i bought a new bed and frame from Mattress mattress (same building as speedtech)... GREAT stuff and the lady there really knows her shit..

Do they have the modern looking stuff that EQ3 and Ikea have? I want the sleek look..