PDA

View Full Version : So You Think You Can Dance Canada

max_boost
11-24-2008, 04:21 PM
Please Vote for Miles Faber!

Next episode is Wednesday Nov. 26 at 8pm ET/PT

http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/story/CTVNews/20081001/dance_MilesFaber/20081002?s_name=dance2008&no_ads=

Alright guys, I bet none of you watch this show but I want to use the power of Beyond to get one of our locals into the Finale of this show.

His name is Miles Faber. He's one of my best friend's younger brother. Tremendously talented dancer. Some of you might know him as he graduated from Central Memorial in 2003.

He's made it in to the Top 6 right now.

http://images.ctv.ca/archives/CTVNews/img2/20081001/miles.jpg

Miles Faber

Updated Thu. Oct. 2 2008 1:12 AM ET

Twenty-one year-old Miles Faber's passion for music runs as deep as his love for dance. "If I could meet one person living or dead, it would be jazz drummer Buddy Rich, one of the best drummers of all time!" Playing guitar, drums, practicing his moves and watching his jazz musician father perform are what Miles deems to be some of his favourite pastimes.

With no formal training, this dancer's first-ever class was taught by choreographer Tara Wilson, where he was introduced to hip-hop and popping.

Miles wants So You Think You Can Dance Canada viewers to know that "if you're a b-boy, a funkstyle dancer, any type of dancer, you don't have to be a one-trick pony. If you can dance, you can dance." He firmly believes that So You Think You Can Dance Canada will put this country's dance world into the spotlight, and ultimately help out all Canadian dancers trying to make it. "This awareness is a positive thing for all performers, especially the younger dancers who are the future."

So far, Miles has found the most difficult part of the competition to be learning and performing all different styles of choreography. In order to become the winner of So You Think You Can Dance Canada, he believes he must "be able to adapt to all the different dance styles and rip it up come show time!"

Calgary-native Miles says he is proud of literally everything about his hometown, especially the Calgary Flames. Of Canada he states "I hear everywhere around the world that people love Canadians! That's something to be proud of!"

The greatest inspiration in Miles' life has been his friends and family. "You are who you surround your self with, and I am proud to be a part of my family and circle of friends. I couldn't ask for a more supportive family."

Miles' advice for future So You Think You Can Dance Canada hopefuls is "Stay true to your form, stay humble, and don't give up...ever."

5000Audi
11-24-2008, 04:23 PM
hehe i went to school with him... will vote for sure!

GOnSHO
11-24-2008, 04:25 PM
Miles is awesome, he was a teacher at my studio two years ago!!

nicest guy ever!! and a SICK dancer..

reno97637
11-24-2008, 07:49 PM
Grim Reminder?

blownz
11-25-2008, 11:22 AM
Why did he have to put 'yo' at the end of his motto? :facepalm:

My wife watches the show, and I have watched a bit but I don't recall him. Then again I mostly stare at the girls when I do watch... lol

I am pretty sure my wife mentioned there were two people from Calgary or maybe AB? A girl as well. :dunno:

SilverRex
11-25-2008, 11:49 AM
yeah cheer him on, calgary yah,

with a hat and suit on, reminds me of JT

me and my wife love the show :thumbsup:

i cant believe I missed buying the tickets for the tour, all sold out. Anyone got any :)

blownz
11-25-2008, 01:53 PM
^ My wife bought some. She is quite excited. I'm sure it will be a fun time too. They do some cool dances.

ZorroAMG
11-25-2008, 02:18 PM
I loved the US version, the canadian dancers are GREAT but the host is BRUTAL so I lost interest....I'll just vote for the Calgarian tonight though.

GOnSHO
11-25-2008, 02:21 PM
yea lela is pretty brutal, she keeps saying the same crap over and over again...

shes hot tho so i look past it....

Kona9
11-25-2008, 02:23 PM
Originally posted by ZorroAMG
I loved the US version, the canadian dancers are GREAT but the host is BRUTAL so I lost interest....I'll just vote for the Calgarian tonight though.

Way to watch the show for what it's about Zorro. Gawd you're dumb sometimes! :poosie:

ZorroAMG
11-25-2008, 02:25 PM
No, I know that...it's just like canadian idol vs AMerican Idol....while the performances may be on par, the production value and uber-douchiness of the hosts prevent me from liking it....

Whatever, spice boy....don't forget your glitter shoes for tonight's practice.

:D

R-Audi
11-25-2008, 02:36 PM
If people are interested in voting for Calgarians... Ally Bertram is also from Calgary, and Im sure she would appreciate the vote!!

The_Rural_Juror
11-25-2008, 02:37 PM
spirit fingers!

Kona9
11-25-2008, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by ZorroAMG
No, I know that...it's just like canadian idol vs AMerican Idol....while the performances may be on par, the production value and uber-douchiness of the hosts prevent me from liking it....

Whatever, spice boy....don't forget your glitter shoes for tonight's practice.

:D

Yes the Tafetta Glitters you bought me!! Is this the practice with surprise appearances by E-Mak and Navi, where all three of you are holding hands again?

ZorroAMG
11-25-2008, 03:09 PM
No, that's for the season finale.

max_boost
11-26-2008, 05:30 PM
Remember to check it out! Airs at 8pm tonight!

Vote! Vote! Vote!

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

JAYMEZ
11-26-2008, 05:34 PM
Lol me and my gf have been cheering on Miles . I used to be best friends with his older brother Elliot. Then we got Miles to work with us when we work at Latitude alonnnggg time ago. Hes an awesome kid , ive seen him progress so much :thumbsup:

blownz
11-26-2008, 05:35 PM
Don't you mean 8pm?

max_boost
11-26-2008, 05:43 PM
^^^

Thanks!
Corrected now.

JAYMEZ: That's awesome! Such a small City! Go Miles Go!

max_boost
12-03-2008, 12:48 PM
Update! Tonight from 9:50pm to Midnight

1-877-977-4602

Vote if you can! Toll free!

Help Miles bring home the crown as top dancer!

:clap: :clap: :clap:

300rwhp
12-03-2008, 03:50 PM
bump lets keep this at the top tonight. Calls are as mentioned above free and you can call as many times as you like.

GOnSHO
12-03-2008, 03:56 PM
GO MILES!!! cant wait to see you number 1 bud!! then come back and teach with me again!! haha

afrotl
12-03-2008, 05:32 PM
Glad to see that Miles is doing good, we performed in a few shows together. great guy and all the best.

T-Dubbs
12-03-2008, 05:44 PM
Originally posted by R-Audi
If people are interested in voting for Calgarians... Ally Bertram is also from Calgary, and Im sure she would appreciate the vote!!
shes got my vote
shes cute and local

300rwhp
12-03-2008, 11:48 PM
hey guys if you could call just once or twice 18879774602 you would be doing a huge favor to Miles.

S13_Ryan
12-04-2008, 12:08 AM
miles is one of my close girlfriends dance teacher. she racked up something like 1800 votes between her and a friend last time and uses multiple phone lines haha :clap:

blownz
12-04-2008, 10:26 AM
Do you guys really think he is the best dancer or do you vote just because he is from Calgary?

I don't think I would vote for someone just because of where they are from. And while I think he is a good dancer, I don't think he is the best on the show. :dunno:

I did finally watch an entire show and I have to saw that Natalie girl has amazing abs! :eek:

Unfortunately our seats for the show won't be close enough for me to see them though. lol

project240
12-04-2008, 01:09 PM
Originally posted by blownz
Do you guys really think he is the best dancer or do you vote just because he is from Calgary?

I don't think I would vote for someone just because of where they are from. And while I think he is a good dancer, I don't think he is the best on the show. :dunno:

I did finally watch an entire show and I have to saw that Natalie girl has amazing abs! :eek:

Unfortunately our seats for the show won't be close enough for me to see them though. lol

I agree. Personally, I don't vote for anyone, but if I was to vote, it wouldn't be for him just because he is from Calgary. I didn't think he should be top 4 based on his dance...