PDA

View Full Version : Where's a bike cop when you need one? lol

syscal
11-25-2008, 10:34 AM
Did anyone see those two jackasses riding up the middle of traffic and swerving in and out of lanes on Bow Trail this morning around 7:45? Never seen anything like that in my life.

Did I mention they were on bicycles? I was hoping one would cut off the wrong driver but apparently they lived today...

adam c
11-25-2008, 10:36 AM
A+

5000Audi
11-25-2008, 10:38 AM
bah ive had idiots doing that before... i just creed really close to the car beside me and if that dont work heres the easy was... simply open your door... haha ive done it they bitch and get mad, all i said was i dropped my smoke when i was ashing it... sorry.. haha..

Eleanor
11-25-2008, 10:48 AM
Originally posted by adam c
A+
A++

JRSC00LUDE
11-25-2008, 11:14 AM
Originally posted by Eleanor

A++

A+ - +

Masked Bandit
11-25-2008, 11:31 AM
Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE

A+ - +

B-
failed to extend pattern.

syscal
11-25-2008, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by 5000Audi
bah ive had idiots doing that before... i just creed really close to the car beside me and if that dont work heres the easy was... simply open your door... haha ive done it they bitch and get mad, all i said was i dropped my smoke when i was ashing it... sorry.. haha..

I saw what happens when a car creeps too close to another while a cyclist is going through...

SCRATCH on the side of the pretty new Lexus. Cycle courier jackass didn't even care, just kept riding.

I can't even count the number of times I've been driving down Old Banff Coach Road and I have to swerve wide around 3 side by side cyclists slowly riding up hill RIGHT next to the sign that says "Cyclists single file".

Drives me nuts.

RedGallardo
11-26-2008, 03:02 PM
That;s when you pull up nice and close behind them and give it a shout of gas in neutral and blow the horn. :D

GQBalla
11-26-2008, 03:04 PM
lol ^^

but yeah the cyclist dt the courier ones are INSANE!!!

JfuckinC
11-26-2008, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by GQBalla
lol ^^

but yeah the cyclist dt the courier ones are INSANE!!!

anyone noticed how you have to be a punk and wear some weird hat or earrings to qualify to be a cycle courier???

other than the guy with huge glasses long hair and a ttrucker hat hahahaha

Afrodeziak
11-26-2008, 03:15 PM
There's a lot of ignorance going on here.

I don't know what happened first hand, but really. A person on a bike is a lot smaller than a car.. If they bail and hit you they are insured (if they are couriers).

Doing something to try to make them crash is another story and you would likely be charged. I wonder how many "accidents" turn into couriers kicking the crap out of drivers who swerve to hit.

I realize there is some humor in your remarks, although just remember, share the road.

403Gemini
11-26-2008, 04:12 PM
Originally posted by syscal

I saw what happens when a car creeps too close to another while a cyclist is going through...

SCRATCH on the side of the pretty new Lexus. Cycle courier jackass didn't even care, just kept riding.

I can't even count the number of times I've been driving down Old Banff Coach Road and I have to swerve wide around 3 side by side cyclists slowly riding up hill RIGHT next to the sign that says "Cyclists single file".

Drives me nuts.

I saw a bike courier scratch up alongside of a new porsche and just took off... i was pretty pissed FOR the guy (i was accross the street waiting for the light or i woulda went after the courier) dude int he porsche pulled over got out and looked at the scratch and his face turned red pretty fast...

5000Audi
11-26-2008, 06:27 PM
yeah if one of them ever hit my car... i would follow them to the next deliver spot.. hoping they lock the bike outside the building.. grab my handy side cutters and nicely cut each spoke on both rims... then he is now a walking delivery boy... and i would laugh

GQBalla
11-26-2008, 06:51 PM
lol that would be a sight to see

403Gemini
11-27-2008, 09:16 AM
Originally posted by 5000Audi
yeah if one of them ever hit my car... i would follow them to the next deliver spot.. hoping they lock the bike outside the building.. grab my handy side cutters and nicely cut each spoke on both rims... then he is now a walking delivery boy... and i would laugh

Shitty thing is the courier was going the opposite way down a 1 way street and the road was busy, so the dude in the porsche couldnt follow him :(

LilDrunkenSmurf
11-27-2008, 10:09 AM
The bike couriers are deadly man, I can't count the number of times I've almost been hit walking around by them. How many times I've seen them bolt through a red light to cross 7th. It's funny when they come up to my company's reception. They're all so fcked up.

403Gemini
11-27-2008, 10:11 AM
Originally posted by LilDrunkenSmurf
The bike couriers are deadly man, I can't count the number of times I've almost been hit walking around by them. How many times I've seen them bolt through a red light to cross 7th. It's funny when they come up to my company's reception. They're all so fcked up.

Is it a pre-requisite to not shower as a bike courier? Cause i will NOT get on an elevator with one. Even if they are the only one in there, i'll wait for the next one.

syscal
11-27-2008, 10:29 AM
Originally posted by LilDrunkenSmurf

I remember watching come bike courier hit a gal while she was crossing the street. He got up and rode off and she was so embarrased (and probably hurt) that she picked up all her stuff and ran off before anyone else could help her.

I've been in a near miss many times. I tell you what, if I get hit by a bike courier and he's not apologizing to save his life he'd better hope I'm too hurt to get a hold of him.

I've often felt like reaching out and pushing them over but I always end up moving out of the way instead.

syscal
11-27-2008, 10:34 AM
Originally posted by Afrodeziak
There's a lot of ignorance going on here.

I don't know what happened first hand, but really. A person on a bike is a lot smaller than a car.. If they bail and hit you they are insured (if they are couriers).

Doing something to try to make them crash is another story and you would likely be charged. I wonder how many "accidents" turn into couriers kicking the crap out of drivers who swerve to hit.

I realize there is some humor in your remarks, although just remember, share the road.

We're not talking about the guys that ride their bike to work and use the paths when possible.

We're talking about bike couriers and their lack of brains and some cyclists that just don't take cars seriously.

My original post was about two guys swerving in and out of traffic that was moving 40-50km/hr as though they were in a movie. One little mis-step and their getting squashed by someone's truck. They could have stayed on the shoulder or taken the paths but it looked like they were racing. Seemed to me more like a race to see who would die first, but certainly not something anyone in their right mind should be doing.

It's like in junior high when someone crosses right in front of a car and says "if you hit me I'll sue!". Then you think about it and go "WFT dude? if they hit you you're dead!".

As for traffic laws, if you want to compare a bicycle to a 1/2 tonne truck then obey the same laws that truck has to.

No matter what your rights are as a cyclist, you're still just a piece of meat on two wheels.

403Gemini
11-27-2008, 03:04 PM
[
It's like in junior high when someone crosses right in front of a car and says "if you hit me I'll sue!". Then you think about it and go "WFT dude? if they hit you you're dead!".
[/B]

Lol did we goto school together? That was totally my mindset too ;)

Then high school: "They hit me i'll beat the hell out of them"

hahaha

Ferio_vti
11-27-2008, 03:20 PM
With jackass couriers hitting people/cars and scratching Porsches, does reporting their license plate do any good??

Kennyredline
11-28-2008, 10:47 AM
Originally posted by Ferio_vti
With jackass couriers hitting people/cars and scratching Porsches, does reporting their license plate do any good??

I used to a bike courier...and a dispatcher...the plates are registered with the city (or they are supposed to be anyway). If you get a plate number, you can probably find out what company they work for at least.

Stealth22
11-28-2008, 11:20 AM
I know that the plates on courier bikes aren't 'real/registered' ones like on cars, but the last few posts got me thinking...if you were hit by a bike courier who doesn't stop and you get his plate (assuming they can be traced), could you call CPS and report it as a hit-and-run?

I mean, technically when a bicycle is on the road, its considered to be a vehicle, just like a car. They have to share the road with cars, and obey the same rules. So would it not be fair to consider such an incident to be a hit-and-run?

Someone above mentioned a courier hit a new Porsche and took off down the wrong way on a one way street...if that was a car and the driver had been caught, thats hit and run, driving the wrong way, dangerous driving...The cyclist is harder to catch, and even if caught, would get a slap on the wrist.

syscal
11-28-2008, 11:25 AM
and that's where this "share the road" bullshit comes to a complete stop.

D_flore
11-28-2008, 11:33 AM
Originally posted by 403Gemini

I saw a bike courier scratch up alongside of a new porsche and just took off... i was pretty pissed FOR the guy (i was accross the street waiting for the light or i woulda went after the courier) dude int he porsche pulled over got out and looked at the scratch and his face turned red pretty fast...

they shold give them courier licence plates lol

Cword
11-28-2008, 12:13 PM
It's all bullshit

Every cyclist who's ever been hit (or close) by a car has heard the excuse "I didn't see you"

So, it's pretty obvious that car drivers can't see cyclists, therefore car drivers observations of cyclist behavior are bogus.
:D

Kennyredline
11-28-2008, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by Stealth22
I know that the plates on courier bikes aren't 'real/registered' ones like on cars, but the last few posts got me thinking...if you were hit by a bike courier who doesn't stop and you get his plate (assuming they can be traced), could you call CPS and report it as a hit-and-run?

I mean, technically when a bicycle is on the road, its considered to be a vehicle, just like a car. They have to share the road with cars, and obey the same rules. So would it not be fair to consider such an incident to be a hit-and-run?

Someone above mentioned a courier hit a new Porsche and took off down the wrong way on a one way street...if that was a car and the driver had been caught, thats hit and run, driving the wrong way, dangerous driving...The cyclist is harder to catch, and even if caught, would get a slap on the wrist.
Yes, according to the highway traffic act, a bike is a motor vehicle...same rules apply.

D_flore
11-28-2008, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by Kennyredline

Yes, according to the highway traffic act, a bike is a motor vehicle...same rules apply.

vehicle, not MOTOR vehicle.

Isaiah
11-28-2008, 02:53 PM

No matter what your rights are as a cyclist, you're still just a piece of meat on two wheels.

Amen brother.

frozenrice
11-28-2008, 02:57 PM
Originally posted by 403Gemini

Is it a pre-requisite to not shower as a bike courier? Cause i will NOT get on an elevator with one. Even if they are the only one in there, i'll wait for the next one.

Being the douches they are, I'd get in anyways and wait for their smell to make me puke up on them.

GTSCeli
12-07-2008, 09:51 PM
I saw one of those bike couriers get smoked by a car right outside of the sunlife buildings downtown. The light turned green and this lady accelerated and he game flying out onto the street on his bike when it was clearly unsafe to cross and she nailed his ass. He went flying like 6 feet into the air...bent his bike all to shit. He was somewhat okay though so I am allowed to laugh..HA!!

bignerd
12-07-2008, 10:25 PM
I used to park on 12th ave downtown on the left hand side, I would be in the left hand lane driving down the road while looking for a spot to pull into. There is an open spot so I signal and park, nearly took out a bike courier riding between the cars parked at the curb and my lane-he was cursing me, jumped up on the curb and rode off. His fault for cutting up the lane with parked cars on it, if they ride on the road they are a car and should keep their place in line but they never do.