PDA

View Full Version : C&D Compares: MS3, GTI, WRX, SS, SI, MCS, Ralliart

Aleks
11-25-2008, 01:44 PM
http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/comparison_test/sedans/chevy_cobalt_ss_vs_honda_civic_si_and_five_other_sport_compacts_comparison_test

Found this on vortex haha, goes well with the article.

http://dempseybowling.com/posts/ralliart.jpg

:rofl:

Destinova403
11-25-2008, 01:56 PM
wow... surprised that the ralliart is dead last.

benyl
11-25-2008, 02:07 PM
I still can't believe they made the WRX265 faster than the STI.

schocker
11-25-2008, 02:09 PM
I can also not believe the ralliart:facepalm:
Impressive on the
MS3 though, I thought the cobalt would take it, but nice to see the gti in second

bulaian
11-25-2008, 02:10 PM
hmmm seems like none of the magazines seem to like the ralliart at all

nbaker00
11-25-2008, 02:18 PM
After driving a Speed3 I can see how it won..
For the $$, it is amazing value imo.

corsvette
11-25-2008, 02:48 PM
I would have to choose between the GTI and Cobalt SS,im shocked that GM built such a competitive small car.

A790
11-25-2008, 03:18 PM
I'm not really surprised by the position of the MS3 and GTI, but I am very surprised by the Ralliart. I thought that Mistu was in this to win it? I wonder what they will revise when they refresh it.

Team_Mclaren
11-25-2008, 03:24 PM
awaits as HeavyD comes to the rescue

treg50
11-25-2008, 03:38 PM
I'm surprised by the MS3 and GTI, most other reviews place them behind the SS. But still, gotta love the SS sedan, such a sleeper and a deal.

Check out the chassis numbers as well: first place in skidpad (an impressive 0.92 g) and second place through the lane change.
:thumbsup:

Had we used the no-lift shift feature built into the Cobalt SS, it would have been quicker than the Mazda through the quarter-mile, but our test procedure requires using the clutch pedal and lifting off the throttle to shift.
Pretty gay test procedure requirements, it's a natural ability (and part of it's sticker price) of the SS, they should have allowed it. 3rd place here isn't bad, it gets lots of 1st places elsewhere.

Weapon_R
11-25-2008, 03:42 PM
HeavyD is probably about to explode right about now.

Eleanor
11-25-2008, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by Team_Mclaren
awaits as HeavyD comes to the rescue

Originally posted by Weapon_R
Yeah seriously, his precious Mitsu gets beat by a Honda and a Mazda :eek:

Aleks
11-25-2008, 04:04 PM
Originally posted by treg50
I'm surprised by the MS3 and GTI, most other reviews place them behind the SS. But still, gotta love the SS sedan, such a sleeper and a deal.

:thumbsup:

Pretty gay test procedure requirements, it's a natural ability (and part of it's sticker price) of the SS, they should have allowed it. 3rd place here isn't bad, it gets lots of 1st places elsewhere.

So how did they shift the Ralliart and the GTI then? They both have automated no lift features built in? (no power loss between shifts)

A790
11-25-2008, 04:06 PM
LOL last place no less. What is the world coming to?

max_boost
11-25-2008, 04:33 PM
WOW!

I am going to have to go test drive that WRX265 again. I didn't push it hard enough, it's faster than the STi! WTF!

Where is HeavyD? I don't think he's been posting very much recently :D

heavyD
11-25-2008, 04:35 PM

Why? The EVO X is still by far the best car in it's class.:dunno: Ralliart was never intended to step on the EVO's toes. It's a comfortable daily driver that has AWD, dual clutch auto, nice seats, etc. Do you think that if they were really serious about the Ralliart they would have put Outlander brakes on the car?:rofl:

Mitsubishi purposely kept a gap between EVO and Ralliart performance. Subaru on the other hand has done nothing but cannibalize STI sales.

I don't have too many issues with the article. The MS3's a good little car but since there's a Mazda 3 on every corner being driven by a woman it's hard to take seriously. Can't argue about the GTI as it's a really nice overall package. As far as the Cobalt goes I've been there and done that with the SRT-4 and would rather have a bit more refinement. Civic Si should have been last but since it's C&D they couldn't do that. WRX is fast in a straight line but it's so bland looking without the STI fender flares and reliability on the 08's has been very spotty with all the engine failures, stop sells, 6-speed failures with the STI. This is a small sample that track repairs not a customer survey and the 08 WRX/Impreza is amongst the worst cars in the article;
http://www.truedelta.com/latest_results.php

Team_Mclaren
11-25-2008, 04:41 PM
Originally posted by heavyD

Why? The EVO X is still by far the best car in it's class.:dunno: Ralliart was never intended to step on the EVO's toes. It's a comfortable daily driver that has AWD, dual clutch auto, nice seats, etc. Do you think that if they were really serious about the Ralliart they would have put Outlander brakes on the car?:rofl:

Hmm... did you read the review?? The EVO X isnt even in the same class as tested. How is it relevant.

heavyD
11-25-2008, 05:29 PM
Hmm... did you read the review?? The EVO X isnt even in the same class as tested. How is it relevant.

Did my post go over your head?:dunno:

403Gemini
11-25-2008, 05:33 PM
Originally posted by Aleks
http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/comparison_test/sedans/chevy_cobalt_ss_vs_honda_civic_si_and_five_other_sport_compacts_comparison_test

Found this on vortex haha, goes well with the article.

http://dempseybowling.com/posts/ralliart.jpg

wtb high res pic of this for a background on my computer ;)

A790
11-25-2008, 06:13 PM

I think that he was saying that the EVO X is the best in it's particular class, making the results of this test irrelevant as far as he's concerned because the EVO X trumps the cars it competes with.

heavyD
11-25-2008, 06:45 PM
Originally posted by A790

I think that he was saying that the EVO X is the best in it's particular class, making the results of this test irrelevant as far as he's concerned because the EVO X trumps the cars it competes with.

Exactly. I don't understand why anyone would think I would be upset or anything. I'm an EVO fan not a Ralliart fan. It's a nice car but it's certainly not an EVO and I'm glad they weren't foolish enough to give it the same turbocharger/intercooler so it would run neck and neck in a straight line filling the internet with "Why buy an EVO when the Ralliart runs..." crap that is running rampant at Subaru boards.