PDA

View Full Version : Wow, I got seriously raped by Telus.

89coupe
11-25-2008, 04:39 PM
Apparently someone at Telus changed my plan when I tried that HTC Touch phone, I didn't like it and ended up going back to my old phone. So for about a 3 month period I was being charged Telus's regular amount for browsing the NET on my phone. Well while I was in Hawaii I was on it a number of days, and according to Telus my unlimited internet access is not valid in the US, only Canada. During that time I racked up $1897.00 worth of internet access. , after they credited my account and made the adjustments for my unlimited access deal I still owe $427 because of the internet roaming charges in Hawaii where my unlimited access is apparently not valid.

What a fucking joke, this is the last straw, I've had it with Telus and their bullshit. I'm dumping them after this fucking move.

Oh the real funny thing is they contacted me about these charges a week after I returned from Hawaii, just to make sure they got their money before letting me know.

Team_Mclaren
11-25-2008, 04:43 PM
so you didnt notice the plan change for 3 months?

TomcoPDR
11-25-2008, 04:44 PM
That's crazy, I'm with Telus... what kind of plan(s) (bundle) are you on???

The_Rural_Juror
11-25-2008, 04:45 PM
You have to pay for roaming internet access in the US for Rogers and Fido too AFAIK. Looks like someone will be brown bagging it for a few days.

bubbley
11-25-2008, 04:45 PM
damn ass poundage

Mibz
11-25-2008, 04:49 PM
You'd get the same treatment from Bell or Rogers so I'm not sure what your plan is here.

gretz
11-25-2008, 04:51 PM
tell them, "when you called last you had your plan changed to accomodate your trip, the person must not have saved the changes to my acct...."

* It is in their records that you called / had a plan change

make it seem like they are the ones that meesed up

im with rogers and i have saved well over $2000 over the last couple years doing this. It can also build a custom plan for really cheap (there way of making up for their mistake).

Give it a try

TYMSMNY
11-25-2008, 04:52 PM
Roaming happens whether you're with Telus, Bell, Fido, or Rogers....

Just ditch the smartphone...

89coupe
11-25-2008, 04:54 PM
Originally posted by Team_Mclaren

The bulk of the charges were from Hawaii, my bill averages $150/mth.

The last bill was $188 because of some roaming charges so I didn't think anything of it.

Apparently this HUGE bill will be showing up on my next statement.

Luckily I was credited $1470. But while in Hawaii I was dinged $8/MB

The real shitty deal was I could have just payed $8/day for free internet access via my Hotel room.

Fuck...LOL.

rage2
11-25-2008, 05:05 PM
Telus actually has the best internet roaming plans. You can pay for unlimited internet in US/Canada. That is, if you call in and ask for it. If you don't, that's kinda your fault lol. I went to the US with my EVDO router on that US/Canada plan, free internet everywhere.

Rogers doesn't have anything at all. I had to turn off data roaming whenever I go to the US because they charge 3 cents per KB lol, even if you have the 6GB "unlimited" plan. I use about 100MB a week, so a week in the US would cost $3k haha.

Not sure about Fido tho.

89coupe
11-25-2008, 05:12 PM
Originally posted by rage2
Telus actually has the best internet roaming plans. You can pay for unlimited internet in US/Canada. That is, if you call in and ask for it. If you don't, that's kinda your fault lol. I went to the US with my EVDO router on that US/Canada plan, free internet everywhere.

Rogers doesn't have anything at all. I had to turn off data roaming whenever I go to the US because they charge 3 cents per KB lol, even if you have the 6GB "unlimited" plan. I use about 100MB a week, so a week in the US would cost $3k haha.

Not sure about Fido tho.

Do you have a link to that plan?

CubicleGeek
11-25-2008, 05:15 PM

You sure? Roger's has pretty decent US roaming. It works out to about $6/MB (I think it's like .6 cents/kb), I just came back from San Fran and was charged $18 for a little more than 3MB of usage. That was pretty much relentless use of Google maps for GPS and also my normal data usage (score updates, email, etc). I also have the 6GB plan. But still, if your regular usage is 100MB/week, you're still looking at 5 bills.

rage2
11-25-2008, 05:36 PM
Originally posted by 89coupe
Do you have a link to that plan?
Just looked on my bill, it's a $25 "US Roaming" addon. You can find it on their site (it's fucking brutal lol).

Originally posted by CubicleGeek
You sure? Roger's has pretty decent US roaming. It works out to about $6/MB (I think it's like .6 cents/kb), I just came back from San Fran and was charged $18 for a little more than 3MB of usage. That was pretty much relentless use of Google maps for GPS and also my normal data usage (score updates, email, etc). I also have the 6GB plan. But still, if your regular usage is 100MB/week, you're still looking at 5 bills.
Hrm, I talked to the Rogers rep for pricing and he told me about the pricing and no roaming options. I called that # that they txt you when you arrive in the US. Didn't know about $6/MB, that's a little better.

lint
11-25-2008, 05:50 PM
Originally posted by Team_Mclaren

In 89coupe's defense, roaming charges don't show up until the carrier in the US that he was roaming on charge telus, at which point they charge the client. So it can take up to 3 months or longer for all charges to show up on the bill.

GQBalla
11-25-2008, 05:57 PM
wow thats garbage,

telus has always jacked me around, first my cell phone i was charged almost 2 g's for calls when i was suppose to have unlimited evening and weekends, took over 1 month to resolve.

than with my internet, i was a subscriber for 4 years cause my dad thought telus was good, and turns out the speed we were gettin was less than telus lite...so the csr and supervisor told me they would issue a credit for 5 dollers a month of the four years we were on.

took the credit and when the credit was gone i cancelled.

JRSC00LUDE
11-25-2008, 05:59 PM
Wow, 10+ responses without a lunch joke. Is Beyond growing up, or has it just lost its way? :eek:

Z_Fan
11-25-2008, 05:59 PM
I'll fix that...

You're just lucky that Telus doesn't bill your credit card directly, or you would never have noticed this amount in amongst all your work lunches.

ExtraSlow
11-25-2008, 06:04 PM
Originally posted by The_Rural_Juror
You have to pay for roaming internet access in the US for Rogers and Fido too AFAIK. Looks like someone will be brown bagging it for a few days.
I think Junior deserves credit for making the first lunch reference.

bashir26
11-25-2008, 06:19 PM
lol doesn't beat my $5500 telus bill. Ill post pictures later.

max_boost
11-25-2008, 06:25 PM
Looks like someone will be brown bagging it for a few days.

Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
Wow, 10+ responses without a lunch joke. Is Beyond growing up, or has it just lost its way? :eek:

Close but not quite. Lunch jokes were getting old anyway :D

Speaking of Telus, today they finally called me asking why I haven't paid my business phone bills for the last 8 months. Because I ported over you dumb ass and you guys kept screwing me around and sending me bills! Surprisingly he said he would take of everything and it was done.

Anyway, what's the big deal 89coupe? It's only $400? :dunno:

rage2
11-25-2008, 06:32 PM
Originally posted by max_boost
The market's not doing so hot ;).

max_boost
11-25-2008, 06:37 PM
89coupe can predict the future. He's fooling us. He's buying this stock

HOD.TSX

http://bigcharts.marketwatch.com/quickchart/quickchart.asp?symb=ca%3Ahod&sid=0&o_symb=ca%3Ahod&x=0&y=0

:bigpimp: :bigpimp: :bigpimp:

nbaker00
11-25-2008, 06:49 PM
So just a quick question, I am going out of country for 3 weeks in a week or so..I have unlimited data and internet on my phone... But is that only good in Canada?

Or depends on my plan? Don't want to get dinged hardcore.

The_Rural_Juror
11-25-2008, 06:50 PM

Must be if he's forgoing internet access to save $8/day. The infiniti badges are falling!

dragonone
11-25-2008, 07:15 PM
so i guess the main concern is roaming in the states?

anyone know if edge or 3G roaming is included on fido or rogers within canada?

TomcoPDR
11-25-2008, 07:25 PM
Originally posted by nbaker00
So just a quick question, I am going out of country for 3 weeks in a week or so..I have unlimited data and internet on my phone... But is that only good in Canada?

Or depends on my plan? Don't want to get dinged hardcore.

If its even remotely related to business expense, I'd say just let daddy deal with it.

Gotta enjoy the bitches and free rides while you're young, cuz people grow up and realize life ain't fun no more.

nbaker00
11-25-2008, 07:45 PM
I pay my own bills lol. So need to know. Maybe I will call Telus tomorow.
As for the bitches and free rides.. Well life's alright:bigpimp:

89coupe
11-25-2008, 07:52 PM
Originally posted by max_boost

Close but not quite. Lunch jokes were getting old anyway :D

Speaking of Telus, today they finally called me asking why I haven't paid my business phone bills for the last 8 months. Because I ported over you dumb ass and you guys kept screwing me around and sending me bills! Surprisingly he said he would take of everything and it was done.

LOL...hey that $450 could have been a nice dinner with the GF. I'm thankful I got the $1470 credit.

I'm stupid for assuming my unlimited data access is for Canada only, its my own fault, I'm just pissed that Telus contacted me after the fact.

89coupe
11-25-2008, 07:53 PM

You just wait, this will eventually trickle down to everyone. Oil & Gas guys always get hit first, but everyone is gonna pay in the end ;)

sneek
11-25-2008, 08:01 PM
I am supprised more people don't know about roaming charges...I thought it was pretty common knowledge, but my buddy with an htc touch also on telus fell into the same trap and incured $160 in roaming. They called in and got the data for half off, but that still sucks quite a bit

Eleanor
11-25-2008, 08:26 PM
I'm stupid for assuming my unlimited data access is for Canada only, its my own fault, I'm just pissed that Telus contacted me after the fact.
Just be glad they contacted you at all.

If I was at Telus, I would've been like "F*** that guy, we're making tons of cash off him, it's his own damn fault."

I know it sounds rude, but that's the way the world works.

Hakkola
11-25-2008, 08:47 PM

You just wait, this will eventually trickle down to everyone. Oil & Gas guys always get hit first, but everyone is gonna pay in the end ;)

Not everyone. Some people benefit from recessions.

em2ab
11-25-2008, 08:52 PM
This thread should be titled, "Wow, I don't know what I'm doing."
I used to work at Telus and I don't understand how people can be surprised when this is explicitly outlined in YOUR PLAN as well as outlined in the contract YOU SIGNED. What's so hard to understand? You used your Telus phone in Hawaii, that carrier charged Telus for your data access on their network so Telus is passing that charge on to you. You think they should be stuck with the bill while you pay nothing?

DannyO
11-25-2008, 09:28 PM
Originally posted by em2ab
This thread should be titled, "Wow, I don't know what I'm doing."
I used to work at Telus and I don't understand how people can be surprised when this is explicitly outlined in YOUR PLAN as well as outlined in the contract YOU SIGNED. What's so hard to understand? You used your Telus phone in Hawaii, that carrier charged Telus for your data access on their network so Telus is passing that charge on to you. You think they should be stuck with the bill while you pay nothing?

You'd be amazed at how many people would say yes, they expect everything for free.

In this case, ignorance is not bliss, its expensive.

kwjent
11-25-2008, 09:36 PM
That is a common assumption that people make, they think that unlimited data is the same as unlimited text messaging. The text messaging part does not charge you if outside of Canada but data does. If you have a blackberry and you turn your phone on in the states it will automatically pull in all emails and text messages and even if it is all spam then you will have to pay. Text messaging is free though. People need to read the fine print or ask questions or else if I was Telus I would charge the full $1897 and not give a discount at all. All carriers are basicallly the same when it comes to these charges.

szw
11-25-2008, 09:49 PM
Well nowadays text messaging in the US does cost more and is separate from Canadian text plans. Right now its kind of hard to believe that anybody could think their plan covers usage outside Canada but I can understand its not something you may think about when you're hyped up about a vacation.

nich148_9
11-25-2008, 11:33 PM
I hate to be the one to say this, but while I appreciate your frustration, I hardly see how this is anyone's fault but your own. You didn't read your contract properly, Telus charged you as per the contract, you wonder why they charged you. The problem is...?

Let me put it this way: I (theoretically) signed a contract to lease a car. It explicitly gives me the number of kilometres I may put on it during my lease period. I then (theoretically) exceed that requirement. Is that the dealership's fault? Hells no.

:banghead:

msommers
11-25-2008, 11:51 PM
Telus has been pretty good to be for the last few years with my phone, just complain to their Retention Department and see if you can swing something. Although I have to agree with the guys, it seems silly not to ask about the details before taking your phone international but hey, lesson learned.

l/l/rX
11-25-2008, 11:51 PM
im surprised they dont tell you that there are roaming charges for data too.

403ep3
11-26-2008, 12:05 AM
=P Telus can't do much because they aren't going to pay the US carrier for you. They can honestly only cover what they charge you, not other companies. When leaving the country it's always smart to see your options and call the csr. I love dealing with angry customers when I work, it's funny!

TomcoPDR
11-26-2008, 12:56 AM
Originally posted by 403ep3
I love dealing with angry customers when I work, it's funny!

Any examples?

403ep3
11-26-2008, 01:39 AM
For example:

I come up to the front, greet the lady, and ask her how her day's going. She replies with, "I wanna cancel my contract right now. Your customer service is shit and blah blah blah." I'm like, "Okay, I actually have to get customer service on the line to cancel the contract because I can't do it in store." I dial the number and wait on hold for a CSR. She complains on and on about how her bills are high and she doesn't know why. Keeps telling me that blah blah is fucking stupid and she hates talking to stupid people. I was kind of annoyed but I honestly didn't care; I just act like I do. As I take more of her abuse, I see her flipping through her bills and look at it more closely. I see the telus and symbol and I'm like what the fuck.. I say to her "ummm you do know this is bell and you have a telus bill." Stupid hoe was bitching and complaining to me and I had nothing to do with it!!

Lol I guess that was more of a rant than anything...

edit: Oh, when customers are mad and stomp out of the store, I love yelling "have a good day!" Oh man that stirs them up even more.

side note: to nice people, I give sick discounts and help them out as much as I can. I've gotten people out of pretty hefty bills..

Zero102
11-26-2008, 01:55 AM
Originally posted by 403ep3

side note: to nice people, I give sick discounts and help them out as much as I can. I've gotten people out of pretty hefty bills..

:werd:

Always be nice to people who have control over your billing, it can never work against you. You can hate the crap out of the company, but remember, if the company sucks, the people you are talking to know it even better than you do, and probably hate it even more too.

Not relevant to the thread, but this keeps me from posting a "lunch" comment :)

89coupe
11-26-2008, 09:41 AM
I take full responsibility for not checking about the US roaming issues, I was just pissed about the $2000.00 bill because someone at Telus dropped the ball and changed my plan without my knowledge.

I'm pissed because situations like this have happened numerous times in the past, and I'm super pissed that when it comes down to it none of the other companies are any better.

I never get upset on the phone with a Telus representative, its not their fault, its Telus as a company which that person just happens to work for. But I do tell them I unhappy with the situation.

My contract is almost up with Telus and after this I don't plan on renewing. In fact I think I may just drop all the silly services I have and get the most simple plan with the most simple phone. I don't really need half the shit the phone does anymore.

CubicleGeek
11-26-2008, 10:57 AM
I really think that for things like data roaming where charges can rack up really high really fast, service providers should provide a mechanism that disables these services automatically when the phone powers on to another network and summarize the cost of roaming fees in that welcome sms. That way the user would know how much these services cost and by manually reenabling this service it would mean they acknowledge these costs and want to utilize the service anyways.

This is no different than if Shaw didn't prompt you that there's a charge associated with a PPV and the cost. You go off order a bunch of events and movies and your Shaw bill comes in at $1000 for the month. Sure you should have done due diligence by calling to inquire about the price, but aren't things just better this way?

HyperZell
11-26-2008, 11:34 AM
I really think that for things like data roaming where charges can rack up really high really fast, service providers should provide a mechanism that disables these services automatically when the phone powers on to another network and summarize the cost of roaming fees in that welcome sms. That way the user would know how much these services cost and by manually reenabling this service it would mean they acknowledge these costs and want to utilize the service anyways.

This is no different than if Shaw didn't prompt you that there's a charge associated with a PPV and the cost. You go off order a bunch of events and movies and your Shaw bill comes in at $1000 for the month. Sure you should have done due diligence by calling to inquire about the price, but aren't things just better this way?

Yeah, but even with that you're going to get unhappy customers. Why? Because most customers are stupid. For example, recall the whole iPhone internet usage thing. Lots of people got smacked with a huge phone bill because they ran wild on the internet without a data plan. So Rogers, to stem the tide, made it mandatory for people who were getting an iPhone without a data plan to sign an agreement acknowledging they understood what they were doing. But even with that, people still blow up their phone bills and then call to complain...sigh.

89coupe
11-26-2008, 11:44 AM
I think Telus should change how they list these services. It should say "Unlimited web browsing within Canada Only". But instead it just says "Unlimited Web Browsing", then below in fine print lists of the limitations outside of Canada.

So in reality the word "Unlimited" shouldn't even be used.

Example here.
http://telusmobility.ca/ab/plans/pcs/plans.shtml?code=SMARTBUNDLE45

Isaiah
11-26-2008, 11:46 AM
I think Telus should change how they list these services.

No. Caveat emptor.

89coupe
11-26-2008, 11:53 AM
Originally posted by Isaiah

No. Caveat emptor.

Bullshit!

Its the same as offering the stupid launch control in the Nissan and then telling the customer to fuck off if they use it because in the fine print its not warrantied.

The word 'UNLIMITED' shouldn't even be used, because its not 'UNLIMITED'.

Kona9
11-26-2008, 11:56 AM
This is not directed at any particular person, but Telus is not a babysitting service. The part where they explain the contract to you, and then the part where you sign, is the only hand holding they need to do for you. The rest is up to you.

Ignorance = Potentially expensive!

On numerous occasions Telus has pointed out over usage on portions of my bill to me and come up with a better solution for my usage requirements in order to save me money.

I have been with Telus since I moved here 7 years ago. No complaints here! (Other than there faulty Blackberry replacement rules.)

rage2
11-26-2008, 12:02 PM
Bullshit!

Its the same as offering the stupid launch control in the Nissan and then telling the customer to fuck off if they use it because in the fine print its not warrantied.

The word 'UNLIMITED' shouldn't even be used, because its not 'UNLIMITED'.
No, it's a little different. When you go to the US, it doesn't say "TELUS" on the phone anymore, so you're not using the plan on your Telus contract anymore. You're getting billed by Verizon or whatever network at that point. Telus is just collecting on their behalf.

The LC thing is different, you're still using the Nissan product when they void your warranty :).

3g4u
11-26-2008, 12:03 PM
Originally posted by Kona9
This is not directed at any particular person, but Telus is not a babysitting service. The part where they explain the contract to you, and then the part where you sign, is the only hand holding they need to do for you. The rest is up to you.

Ignorance = Potentially expensive!

On numerous occasions Telus has pointed out over usage on portions of my bill to me and come up with a better solution for my usage requirements in order to save me money.

I have been with Telus since I moved here 7 years ago. No complaints here! (Other than there faulty Blackberry replacement rules.)

:werd: common sence tells me to leave my cell phone at home when i travel to Europe. in the States I leave it off untill i need to use it for a phone call. I dont want to get pinned with a huge bill for no reason.

89coupe
11-26-2008, 12:07 PM

No, it's a little different. When you go to the US, it doesn't say "TELUS" on the phone anymore, so you're not using the plan on your Telus contract anymore. You're getting billed by Verizon or whatever network at that point. Telus is just collecting on their behalf.

The LC thing is different, you're still using the Nissan product when they void your warranty :).

LOL, thats not true. I fire up my phone, regardless if I'm in Canada or not and a big bright white screen with the Telus logo plays before booting up.

Bottom line is the word "UNLIMITED" used by itself is not valid. It should say "UNLIMITED WITHIN CANADA ONLY".

Isaiah
11-26-2008, 12:08 PM
In the case of Telus v. 89coupe, this court finds in favor of Telus. Case dismissed with costs awarded to the plaintiff.

benyl
11-26-2008, 12:10 PM

LOL, thats not true. I fire up my phone, regardless if I'm in Canada or not and a big bright white screen with the Telus logo plays before booting up.

You can't be serious. :facepalm:

89coupe
11-26-2008, 12:13 PM
Originally posted by benyl

You can't be serious. :facepalm:

I'm quite serious.

Weapon_R
11-26-2008, 12:16 PM

I'm quite serious.

Take your phone to the moon and fire it up and see what it says when it boots up.

em2ab
11-26-2008, 12:18 PM

There is a difference. Are you going to take a Telus client....such as the City Of Calgary who have something like 8000 Blackberrys and when you get one of them paying $1000 a month in cellular bills, he expects to use his phone for $1000 a month in the USA and you cut off his data? He has to do something to make it work again? That isn't going to fly, he'll switch to a carrier who knows how to handle high end clients with common sense. Some people are fine with paying outrageous prices for roaming, Telus' World Phone can be as high as $8 per voice minute when roaming in parts of Europe.

Also, in order to deploy your theory, 2 things would have to happen.
1. They would have to contact LG, Sony, RIM, Audiovox, Samsung and every other phone manufacturer (Telus doesn't make phones) to modify the firmware.
2. Contact and meet with all CDMA carriers in the USA (there are piles and piles and piles down there) and convince them to modify their SMS servers to send out a message to people who aren't even customers of theirs to notify them of what will happen if they use services on their network. Then there's the problem of not knowing what it will cost until it's added up at the end of the month. Telus has no idea what the bill amount will be from the other carrier. So if they are able to meet with all these carriers and if they're able to actually convince them this is a good idea, they need to wait until their current agreement (usually every 5 years) expires before they can modify it and renegotiate for a new agreement with that carrier. That's why you saw number portability 2 years ago, Canadian cellular agreements just expired and got resigned, this is one of the negotiations that was built into it.

People shout, "I want, you should do, this is better" but know nothing about business practices.

I think Telus should change how they list these services. It should say "Unlimited web browsing within Canada Only". But instead it just says "Unlimited Web Browsing", then below in fine print lists of the limitations outside of Canada.

So in reality the word "Unlimited" shouldn't even be used.

Is anything unlimited? Did you honestly believe that your phone data was unlimited? That you could take it to the moon and it would work? Maybe a deep sea dive? The word unlimited should never have been invented because there isn't one circumstance in the existence of life where you could factually use it. Whenever you see something that's unlimited, there are always limits to its usage.

This brings me to one of my favourite cellular commercials:
customer: Hey, you said this was unlmiited!
employee: No I didn't.
customer: But your sign right there says it's unlimited!
employee: No, that says umlimited. Ya, that's ummm.......limited.

:)

JRSC00LUDE
11-26-2008, 12:19 PM

Emphasis is on the BEFORE booting up part. It does that because it is a telus branded phone, once you aquire signal it will display the carrier name on your screen. When I was there last year, my phone was always switching from AT&T to Verizon depending on the neighborhood I was in. It still said Fido when booting up cause it's a fido phone.

max_boost

I'm quite serious.

Yes but look at the network it's on (rage2 mentioned).

I'm with Rogers but in the U.S it's under AT&T. Even I know this.

Sorry 89coupe.

Epic Fail on this one. Another classic from you!

:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

szw

A more appropriate analogy would be complaining to Nissan that the warrenty on your brand new GTR doesn't cover your other car.

D'z Nutz
11-26-2008, 12:20 PM

HAhahaha! Hoooo boy....

89coupe
11-26-2008, 12:22 PM
My GF's phone, which happens to be with Rogers actually says 'Welcome to the United States' it also says your service is now with Singular and not Rogers.

My phone does nothing at all.

I'm not sure if this has to do with the type of phone I have or Telus.

Isaiah
11-26-2008, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by Weapon_R

Take your phone to the moon and fire it up and see what it says when it boots up.

:rofl:

89coupe, no offence but you're really starting to sound like modded46. If you're going to dispute everyone's opinion in your deluded belief that you're right, then there's really no sense in anyone continuing to post in this thread.

Telus went WAY beyond any reasonable expectation of customer service limits by crediting you the amount they have. In actuality, this thread should read:

Originally posted by Telus

You guys won't believe this shit. Some douche goes to the US, surfs goddamn porn throughout his entire fucking trip, then calls us up demanding that we credit him because he didn't read his service agreement. Wait, it gets worse; our friendly CSRs credit him back a goddamn GRAND and he's still running around whining like a little twat.

Worst part is, he came into our office the other day to discuss the issue in person, and I realized it's the same fucking idiot I see at McDonald's every day at lunchtime. I guess he works near my office cause he's there every fucking day. Get a life, get a job, and get yourself a decent lunch buddy cause those happy meals are starting to take their toll.

max_boost
11-26-2008, 12:30 PM

Originally posted by szw

A more appropriate analogy would be complaining to Nissan that the warrenty on your brand new GTR doesn't cover your other car.

LOL

Classic Beyond responses.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

The_Rural_Juror
11-26-2008, 12:39 PM

LOL...hey that $450 could have been a nice dinner with the GF. .

Based on this, I think that the $100 lunch jokes has graduated to the $450 dinner jokes.

89coupe has got to be the single most arrogant person on here! Great comedy though. :rofl:

89coupe
11-26-2008, 12:39 PM

:rofl:

89coupe, no offence but you're really starting to sound like modded46. If you're going to dispute everyone's opinion in your deluded belief that you're right, then there's really no sense in anyone continuing to post in this thread.

Telus went WAY beyond any reasonable expectation of customer service limits by crediting you the amount they have. In actuality, this thread should read:

I'm not disputing anyone's opinion, you guys are disputing mine.

Instead you should say, IMO, blah blah blah.

I'm just stating the obvious flaws that I see. Whether or not you agree with them is entirely your own opinion.

89coupe
11-26-2008, 12:41 PM

Based on this, I think that the $100 lunch jokes has graduated to the $450 dinner jokes.

89coupe has got to be the single most arrogant person on here! Great comedy though. :rofl:

Where is the arrogance?

szw
11-26-2008, 01:03 PM

No, the amount they credited was due to a mistake by Telus. It was just a mistake and they fixed it.

403ep3
11-26-2008, 01:25 PM
If you wanna blame someone for taking your money, blame the company in the united states that you owe the $400 dollars too. There's a lot of stuff in fine print because if all companies added every single detail, the flyers and the ads would be too cluttered. Read the fine print and you'll be good next time.

Zero102
11-26-2008, 01:33 PM
My GF's phone, which happens to be with Rogers actually says 'Welcome to the United States' it also says your service is now with Singular and not Rogers.

My phone does nothing at all.

I'm not sure if this has to do with the type of phone I have or Telus.

Last time I crossed the border with my rogers phone I got a text in a couple of minutes explaining that I was now in the US and my normal rates and charges would no longer apply. IIRC it also gave a web site addy to get further details on the fees I would be subject to.

I disagree with disabling features when you cross the border, but if all providers offered this courtesy it would go a long way.

Then again, sending me a text on an internet-capable phone with a web site address could be seen as being cocky ;) (kidding...)

HyperZell
11-26-2008, 01:45 PM

I lol'd.

em2ab
11-26-2008, 01:53 PM
Originally posted by Zero102

Last time I crossed the border with my rogers phone I got a text in a couple of minutes explaining that I was now in the US and my normal rates and charges would no longer apply. IIRC it also gave a web site addy to get further details on the fees I would be subject to.

I disagree with disabling features when you cross the border, but if all providers offered this courtesy it would go a long way.

Then again, sending me a text on an internet-capable phone with a web site address could be seen as being cocky ;) (kidding...)

Again, wouldn't work. I got calls all the time at Telus from people who lived 5 miles from the US border and were complaining about roaming charges when they never go to the USA at all. The problem is they're picking up a USA tower instead of a Canadian tower because that one happens to be closer, it has no idea where you are in proximity to the border. So for these people who are constantly switching from a US tower to a Canadian tower 100 times a day, that could be very annoying.

The outcome for these people was that they had to pay the roaming charges anyway. Too bad.

01RedDX
11-26-2008, 02:02 PM

89coupe
11-26-2008, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by 01RedDX
A man gets raped and you all laugh and do nothing...

First the depreciation on his Infiniti, now this...

It only depreciates in value if I sell it ;)

almerick
11-26-2008, 03:00 PM
telus always screws you over, i broke my phone once,
sent it in, had no phone for 8 months, and they send
it back to us still broken, so now i'm with fido...

in*10*se
11-26-2008, 04:10 PM

actually it depreciates even if you own it.

You don't realize the depreciation loss until you sell it....
until you do, its unrealized depreciation...

;)

Kona9
11-26-2008, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by almerick
telus always screws ME over...

Fixed.

TomcoPDR
11-26-2008, 04:37 PM
Originally posted by 01RedDX
A man gets raped and you all laugh and do nothing...

First the depreciation on his Infiniti, now this...

Did you ever get that stolen emblem replaced?

It might actually sell for more on Beyond if you just say it's debadged / shaved.