PDA

View Full Version : nagging cough

Kritafo
11-26-2008, 01:56 AM
I have been up coughing for about 2 hours trying to rest. NO cough syrup seems to be working and I am half out of my mind. I cannot take cough syrup with codeine are there any other options?

A790
11-26-2008, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by Kritafo
I have been up coughing for about 2 hours trying to rest. NO cough syrup seems to be working and I am half out of my mind. I cannot take cough syrup with codeine are there any other options?
Drink a few glasses of water a Neo-Citron. Is it like a throat irritation that you're feeling?

Crymson
11-26-2008, 11:49 AM
Get a humidifier for your bedroom.

benyl
11-26-2008, 11:51 AM
I had that last year. I put a fisherman's friend in my cheek and slept like that. It was the only thing that stopped the coughing.

Kritafo
11-26-2008, 02:04 PM
I ended up at the walk in this morning. He put me on Advair and prescription for pneumonia.

I do the fishermans friend thing as well, only I put one Halls strong in one cheek and a fishermans friend peppermint in the other.

Dr told me to stay away from the cool mist humidifier.

Thanks...he is making me take a baby dose of cough syrup with codeine, so far it's staying down.

bubbley
11-26-2008, 02:05 PM
Dude slam vicks nyquil..u will pass out and wake up feelin good

GQBalla
11-26-2008, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by Kritafo
I ended up at the walk in this morning. He put me on Advair and prescription for pneumonia.

I do the fishermans friend thing as well, only I put one Halls strong in one cheek and a fishermans friend peppermint in the other.

Dr told me to stay away from the cool mist humidifier.

Thanks...he is making me take a baby dose of cough syrup with codeine, so far it's staying down.

When I had Bronchitis the Codeine cough syrup helped a lot actually,

what i did when i went to bed was take the cough syrup, 2 nyquil and got knocked the fuck out.

in the mornin i always had fishermans friend in my mouth and took that cough syrup when i left the house in the morning

TYMSMNY
11-26-2008, 02:31 PM
I wouldn't take OTC cough medicine for the long haul. If it's a persistant cough, especially a dry hack/cough, see a doctor. Might be an early sign....

Kritafo
11-26-2008, 03:34 PM
Well I just got to take my second dose of codeine cough syrup which I promptly threw up everywhere. Dr thought if it was a much weaker strength I would be able to take it....apparently not.

I had been taking nighttime Nyquil. Ahh so now I am waiting until the end of the day for my Dr to call me.

I don't have an allergy to codeine just very sensitive to it.