PDA

View Full Version : Christmas Stocking Gifts for the Mrs.

freshprince1
11-26-2008, 10:39 AM
Hello all, I might be jumping the gun, but I wanted to get an early start this year.

This year we are having our first Christmas as our own family, we have a 1.5 year old girl and another on the way. So we're finally doing christmas morning at our own house. Therefore, I now need to get stuff for my wife's stocking!?

Any cool ideas - maybe from the ladies? I'd like to get some original stuff, besides the whole "lip balm, brushes, hair clips, lotion..." I've already made a trip to "LUSH" at Market Mall for the lotions and bath stuff (by the way guys, your girls will love almost anything from that store!).

Any ideas will help, thanks in advance.

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

TYMSMNY
11-26-2008, 10:45 AM
Maybe a spa package? expensive stocking gift though...

3g4u
11-26-2008, 10:47 AM
Jewlery is allways good! As are sex toys, though i dont think it would be too appropriate in a family environment.:D

picmerollin
11-26-2008, 11:01 AM
I am in the same boat (minus the kiddies) and my lady and I were planning a mountain getaway for january as our main gift. But, for actual xmas morning we decided to do up a stocking for eachother.

1 thing I am prob going to be sliding in there is a wallet or purse combo from Espe. For some reason the ladies love this stuff (unless she is a brand slave, eg. gucci, LV, Prada etc) check it out- it may be up her alley. Prices are not crazy either.

espe.ca

Melinda
11-26-2008, 11:02 AM
I'm assuming by requesting stocking gifts you already have plans to get a "main gift" and you're just looking for little items? Here's a few I have gotten in the past that I've really liked:

- CD's
- Books from my favorite authors (this one you'd have to know what she's read already and what she's had her eye on)
- Christmas ornaments (Hallmark and Carlton have some really cute ones that just about anyone would love)
- Favorite candies/chocolates (if you're really generous, a bulk box from costco is always nice, especially if she's expecting!)
- Not sure if this would work since it's her second pregnancy and she's already been through it once, but one thing I love to do now is have a nice bath. I'm not suggesting bubble bath or anything, but you really don't realize how nice it is to have a giant bath towel to cover all of you when you get out, or a bigger, comfy robe to wear out of the bathroom.
- Gift cards for little pampering sessions (these dont have to be really expensive) but a half hour massage (make sure the place has a pregnancy pillow for this) or a pedicure, since her feet will be more sore in the next little while. Heck, if you're feeling a little on the cheap side, make some coupons on the computer for you to give her massages. Anything works!

Hope those help!

dannie
11-26-2008, 11:02 AM
Chocolate
Something to do with what her hobbies are
A DVD of her favorite movie
Scented Candle
Lotions/body scrubs etc.

You should also include something personal from you. A list of 25 reasons why you love her, her fav picture of your child in a frame... something sweet.

JWL
11-26-2008, 11:19 AM
Everyone has put out a lot of great ideas (I especially like the pampering idea). If you want something unique, there are a lot of cool items on www.etsy.com, I could spend hours on that site. Another suggestion if you don't have one is maybe get a housekeeper in? I assume having a little one running around and being prego, she's probably too tired to clean.

freshprince1
11-26-2008, 11:22 AM
Wow, what a response, all great ideas!

Lets keep them coming.

hampstor
11-26-2008, 11:23 AM
Holiday pack scratch and win tickets. Everyone likes those

Isaiah
11-26-2008, 11:24 AM
If you have a gaming system in the house, you could get her a game that you can both play together. My girlfriend got me Gordon Ramsay's Kitchen Nightmares for Wii for my birthday (among other things) and it's so cheesy but fun to play together.

Obviously don't go getting her Halo 3 or Grand Theft Auto...I'm suggesting something along the lines of Mario Kart, or fun Mario sports game.

freshprince1
11-26-2008, 11:52 AM
Since people are sharing ideas with me, I'll share my genious find this year for my wife.

On the plane, coming home from a business trip to Dallas, I was looking in that catalogue of trinkets they always have, I found an awesome idea, and ordered one off the actual website when I got home.

www.jumpinjammerz.com

I ordered her micro-fleece one-peice pajamas for her. She's always saying how jealous she is of our daughter's one peice PJ's (you know the ones toddlers run around in), so now they can be comfy together.

If your lady likes to be comfy in her PJ's these are a safe bet, and kinda fun too. They arrived yesterday and look great, a little pricey though.

3g4u
11-26-2008, 11:56 AM
Originally posted by freshprince1
Since people are sharing ideas with me, I'll share my genious find this year for my wife.

On the plane, coming home from a business trip to Dallas, I was looking in that catalogue of trinkets they always have, I found an awesome idea, and ordered one off the actual website when I got home.

www.jumpinjammerz.com

I ordered her micro-fleece one-peice pajamas for her. She's always saying how jealous she is of our daughter's one peice PJ's (you know the ones toddlers run around in), so now they can be comfy together.

If your lady likes to be comfy in her PJ's these are a safe bet, and kinda fun too. They arrived yesterday and look great, a little pricey though.

lol those look ultra comfy for sure. I would want one with a butt flap though.:D

freshprince1
11-26-2008, 12:21 PM
Originally posted by 3g4u

lol those look ultra comfy for sure. I would want one with a butt flap though.:D

Oooo, good point, it would definately make bathroom breaks easier.

Maybe next year.

jonnycat
11-26-2008, 12:24 PM
Pearl Necklace.

Too many serious posts in a row.

I find stockings usually end up costing as much as the main gift does. Tickets to anything she'd like fit well in there, bath stuff is an easy gift, DVD's, Cd's and Manadarin oranges should always be the last thing they pull out.

TYMSMNY
11-26-2008, 12:27 PM
A plastic baggie w/ small carrot, couple of buttons, small twigs, + water. :D

in*10*se
11-26-2008, 04:12 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WhwbxEfy7fg

WhwbxEfy7fg

mekeni
11-26-2008, 04:35 PM
gift cards from wherever she buys the most.

cooperS
11-26-2008, 04:45 PM
a hot pink camera plus a digital photo frame

Eleanor
11-26-2008, 07:18 PM
DIAS?

abyss
11-26-2008, 08:30 PM
Books are my favorite stocking gift. I always got chocolate and a mandarin orange in my stocking too, it seems totally geeky since there's always a box in the fridge around Christmas but that orange always seemed to taste better. Like the fries that fall into the bottom of the McDonalds bag sort of thing. If she's a fan of new socks (really, who's NOT a fan of brand new socks) then you could always throw a small pack of comfy socks in her stocking too.

I have "feety" PJ's with the bum flap. The bum flap has more buttons than the front of the PJ's so it's easier just to undo them the regular way anyway.

freshprince1
11-27-2008, 09:49 AM
Originally posted by abyss
I have "feety" PJ's with the bum flap. The bum flap has more buttons than the front of the PJ's so it's easier just to undo them the regular way anyway.

Good to know. I like the socks idea too, thanks.

BoostMonkey
11-27-2008, 12:37 PM
I find anything that you do on a daily basis or something you buy yourself as a treat once a while a good place to start. For example you could put a starbucks gift card in, or a gift cert for a movie rental, a pack of gum or two. A face mask, perfume. And cds and books or something like that as well. What about a season pass to the zoo? or calaway park? That's something you guys can all do together! And don't forget the orange!

TomcoPDR
11-27-2008, 01:10 PM
Originally posted by in*10*se
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WhwbxEfy7fg

WhwbxEfy7fg

I love that clip, never gets old. :clap: