PDA

View Full Version : Flat Iron Restaraunt and Bar anybody been there?

11-26-2008, 07:13 PM
So theres a new place that just opened up on barlow its called flat iron, has anybody been there any suggestions? i was looking for it in google but couldnt find anything thanks

zain123
11-26-2008, 07:14 PM
its right by joeys barlow
couple of my friends work there
but havent been there yet

someone do a review !!

nonlinear
11-26-2008, 07:22 PM
^^why don't you just ask your friends?

ekguy
11-26-2008, 07:48 PM
because it would be a biased review and would not and could not be taken seriously...

A review should be done by an unbiased customer.

nonlinear
11-26-2008, 09:17 PM
i meant that if he is interested, he should just ask his friends how the place is. IMO, friends are going to be honest with you, regardless of if they work there or not.

i mean, maybe they'll tell you that the kitchen is gross and full of mice

zain123
11-26-2008, 11:57 PM
exactly
i work in a restaurant myself and my opinion about the rest . might be biased compared to a customers opinion
on that note
bunch of us are planning on heading there friday so i will post a review on the weekend if i end up going down
in the meantime someone feel free to if they have been there already!

11-27-2008, 05:59 PM
So I went there today very unique place very niceley decorated and excellent service, workers are really pleasant and happy take care of you really well, really elegant place especially to go for a date, food is pretty good but not a much variety as the menu is small, a lot of types of wine and liqour wicked bar, really friendly place to be

nonlinear
11-27-2008, 06:02 PM
what was the food like

11-27-2008, 07:15 PM
I had the beef burger it was huge, its pretty decent for the price their chocolate brownie dessert was great but with friends it wud be great huge bar and loooks great with a wide selection.

Cooked Rice
02-25-2009, 12:07 AM
Anymore reviews?

msommers
02-25-2009, 12:24 AM
Was it similar type of menu and price to Joeys/Moxies/Cactus etc?

adamc
02-25-2009, 12:26 PM
I've been twice, once on opening, once about a month later.

Won't go back, unless it's a gathering for drinks.
Food was pretty standard Joeys/Earls/Moxies type fare, maybe a little worse (even though I know they are trying to be slightly more upscale to justify the premium prices).

Had a burger the first time, and a steak the second, both decent but nothing to write home about at all.

Interior is nicely done up with a mixture of red lighting, leather & fur surfaces on the chairs, and a really cool fireplace wall that stretches for probably 20 feet or so.

The bathrooms are kinda neat/strange too, basically you can look across the little hallway, and see in to the women's washroom (not the toilets, which are behind a wall for both the men and the women, but the SINKS are basically out in the open).

Essentially you can be washing your hands and look across the hall and see women primping themselves infront of the mirror, which I had never seen before.

KappaSigma
02-25-2009, 02:33 PM
Very small, limited menu.

Quizzes
02-25-2009, 02:48 PM
Was there last weekend.

Had the 8oz Flatiron steak. It was pretty good, well presented. Nothing spectacular though.

I concur about the washroom setup. You can see chicks doing their makeup or a chick can see me blowing my nose or something. Definitely different.

I'd probably try that place again. It's got a nice ambience but the dessert many is outrageously overpriced.

You can check out their menu here:
http://www.experienceflatiron.com/