PDA

View Full Version : DJ software...mixing/blending making own music

bubbley
11-27-2008, 12:36 PM
Hey guys, ive always wanted some type of program where i can make my own remixes and such! What is the best program to use to just mess around with .mp3 files?

Any free?

Any with free licence codes?;)

edit: What essentially i would love to do is get an accapella or something and possibly throw it on a random beat or an instrumental...what would you guys recommend?

bubbley
11-27-2008, 12:49 PM
http://ntrack.com/index.php

this work?

Wildcat
11-27-2008, 12:53 PM
mixmeister fusion is fun and very user friendly. you can download the demo version on their site.

http://www.mixmeister.com/products_mmfusion.html

i will neither comfirm or deny that there are several cracks for this program :poosie:

Wildcat
11-27-2008, 12:55 PM
Thats strickly for mixing tho, if your looking to get into the production side of things programs like flstudio, reason 4.0, abelton live, and qbase are all a good start.

bubbley
11-27-2008, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by bubbley

edit: What essentially i would love to do is get an accapella or something and possibly throw it on a random beat or an instrumental...what would you guys recommend?

Hey wildcat would the above be considered mixing?

Wildcat
11-27-2008, 02:10 PM
I'd consider that production. Artists contracted to remix tracks are given isolated portions of the chorus, vocals, loops, etc. and basically they build it up in layers to a remixed version of their taste.

Now I think what your talking about from what i gather is that you want to isolate certain sounds of an mp3 track (ie the vocals into an acapella) and then throw in a beat of your choice to it.

To do that you'll need some audio isolating software, and isolating those sounds can be a time consuming process in itself. This is a common form of remixing called 'bootlegging'.

JfuckinC
11-27-2008, 02:11 PM
what about fruity loops lol
or is that totally novice shit?

arian_ma
11-27-2008, 02:16 PM
I would take Wildcat's advice, he makes some very good mixes.

bubbley
11-27-2008, 03:26 PM
cool thanks wildcat..i was thinkin more like just download an accapella mp3 and download a beat mp3 and just screw with that..maybe like have a verse from one person...then have another verse of some other person on the same beat...basically working with already downloaded beats and acapellas...that isolating shit sounds to high level at this point...

Wildcat
11-27-2008, 03:38 PM
Originally posted by arian_ma
I would take Wildcat's advice, he makes some very good mixes.

thanks bro!

cool thanks wildcat..i was thinkin more like just download an accapella mp3 and download a beat mp3 and just screw with that..maybe like have a verse from one person...then have another verse of some other person on the same beat...basically working with already downloaded beats and acapellas...that isolating shit sounds to high level at this point...

oic, well if your just doing that mixmeister fusion should serve you well :thumbsup:

sea of ash
11-27-2008, 04:01 PM

there's more technically sophisticated software out there for sure, but I used virtual dj to do essentially what you want to, by simply beatmatchin the acapella with a couple of instrumental songs and throwing in loops, effects, etc. and got some pretty decent results. I posted a couple of them below so if you like how these turned out then it's not too hard to get good results with this program.

Lil Wayne vs Felix Cartal - A Milli / Skeleton
http://www.mediafire.com/?ymrddw2qidy

Busta Rhymes vs Fake Blood - Dangerous / Mars
http://www.mediafire.com/?zcz2yydhzgm

01RedDX
11-27-2008, 04:08 PM

mr2mike
11-27-2008, 04:41 PM
Don't mean to thread jack but do you guys know of an equivalent software package for the Mac that would be similar to Cool Edit Pro?

Basically, looking for a package which can do sound manipulation like move a current mp3 to all one channel, fade out, fade in, etc.

Or do I have to go to something like pro tools or cubase?

Thomas Gabriel
11-27-2008, 07:20 PM
Ableton Live is by far the best. All the top guys use it for pre-recorded mixes nowadays.

DJ Lazy
11-27-2008, 09:45 PM
Originally posted by Thomas Gabriel
Ableton Live is by far the best. All the top guys use it for pre-recorded mixes nowadays.

There's WAY better programs for producing/remixing that Abelton Live.

Thomas Gabriel
11-27-2008, 11:53 PM
We're talking mixing though.

DJ Lazy
11-28-2008, 12:13 AM
Originally posted by Thomas Gabriel
We're talking mixing though.

"ive always wanted some type of program where i can make my own remixes and such! "

No we're not. He's talking about Remixing, which is under Production.

Thomas Gabriel
11-28-2008, 02:45 AM
Whoops. Should have read the post haha.

mr2mike
11-28-2008, 02:12 PM
Nice, I'll check out ableton.

rodi style
11-29-2008, 08:00 PM
For what you want to do (throw acapella's over existing tracks), Ableton Live would be perfect.

For music production, my personal recommendation would be Cubase.