PDA

View Full Version : Local artist needs Aston Martin/Sunbeam Alpine

cal.filmer
11-27-2008, 06:20 PM
Hi there,
I'm Shaun Doiron, an independent artist based in Calgary. Over the next few months I'm going to be re-filming of the 1962 movie Dr. No (yes that's right, James Bond).

What I'm looking for here is anyone who has ANY MODEL Aston Martin or a Sunbeam Alpine. The later of which was actually in the movie, the former is merely a classic Bond car.

I'm not looking to buy, I only want to use your car for a couple of hours for a photo shoot and a few minutes of green-screen filming. I'm more than open to having you watch as we work (in fact it would be preferable), and my photographer would be more than happy to take some professional shots of you with your car as a thank you.

You will be officially thanked in the credits of the film, and pending our entry into any of several Alberta film festivals, will be invited to attend our opening night!

If you're interested at all, please contact me either on this site or (preferably) at [email protected]

My thanks to you!

Isaiah
11-27-2008, 07:07 PM
ZorroAMG

Arthur Dent
11-27-2008, 09:07 PM
try http://vsccc.ca - there are a few Sunbeam owners and at least on AM DB6 owner.

nich148_9
11-28-2008, 12:39 AM
I can't help (sorry), but I saw your posters around ACAD. I'm not currently a full-time student there (only doing an evening class), but would the showing be open to the general public?

cal.filmer
11-28-2008, 08:04 AM
Thanks guys!

Yes I'll be doing a general showing once it's done (on campus, in the lecture hall) and will be applying to several film festivals (if it turns out well).

cal.filmer
12-02-2008, 03:55 PM
Looks like nobody has either of those cars, haha.

How about any other Bond cars? BMWs (convertible or not)? AMC coupe? Bentley? Heck, any european model sports car would suit my purposes...

nbaker00
12-02-2008, 03:56 PM
There are at least 3 Aston's on this board that I know of.

What sorta BMW's you looking for?

realazy
12-02-2008, 05:01 PM
The 7 series should be easy to find as well as the Z3.

Tomaz
12-02-2008, 05:30 PM
How about one of the Lotus Esprit turbos? hmmm, man i love those cars!

cal.filmer
12-03-2008, 01:31 AM
Whoever is willing to volunteer some time! the 7 or the Z3 are both rad (Bond drives the Z3 in goldeneye). If anybody in town actually has the lotus that would AMAZING.

If you know any of the Aston guys and don't mind pointing them towards this thread, that would be a huge help!

Thanks for the interest guys!

canadian canuck
12-03-2008, 11:09 AM
sorry I had a Sunbeam Talbot, not and Alpine.