PDA

View Full Version : Random Texts

msommers
11-27-2008, 11:07 PM
Over the last two weeks I've had 3, entirely random people, send me a text saying something along the lines of "sorry I think you got the wrong number/what are you talking about/WHO IS THIS!!" The weird thing is I don't recognize anyone of the numbers or anyone's name. No one else is using my phone and texting random numbers would be retarded. Is it possible I have a virus or something on my phone and it sends random messages to random people like the MSN viruses do? Or is it possible that numbers are getting mixed up at Telus and it's turning into a cluster fuck of text messaging?

AE92_TreunoSC
11-27-2008, 11:11 PM
Maybe you share a number with someone that's using the new area code? And their friends are using 403 rather then the new area code?

:dunno:

edit: that doesn't make any sense, but I'll leave it there

xLostx
11-27-2008, 11:14 PM
I like getting random texts, some guy kept texting me calling me his girl and baby, i told him that i have aids and he should get tested. he no longer texts me :(

krazykhoja
11-28-2008, 12:17 AM
Originally posted by xLostx
I like getting random texts, some guy kept texting me calling me his girl and baby, i told him that i have aids and he should get tested. he no longer texts me :(

:rofl: :rofl:

priceless

that sig-worthy!!

JfuckinC
11-28-2008, 12:26 AM

you fuckin DICK
i thought i was screwed :(

xLostx
11-28-2008, 12:42 AM
Originally posted by JfuckinC

you fuckin DICK
i thought i was screwed :(
it's ok, I still love you :poosie:

Senseiz
11-28-2008, 01:12 AM
I got a text once asking to repaint my room since "my dad" was painting... I replied saying to paint it pink.

zerocon
11-28-2008, 10:23 AM
I remember for a bit whenever I texted someone (Off my contact list) it would end up going to the wrong number, and vice versa I would get texts from random people.

jwslam
11-28-2008, 11:00 AM
Originally posted by krazykhoja

:rofl: :rofl:

priceless

that sig-worthy!!

+1

anyways... to the op
maybe it's like emails
where you can set a "reply to" address
and some ahole put in your number at random as a return text number

TomcoPDR
11-28-2008, 02:23 PM

blahahaha :rofl:

03ozwhip
11-28-2008, 02:30 PM
its called an invalid reply to address, it happens all the time. ask your provider to refresh switch and reprogram the phone.

msommers
11-28-2008, 03:30 PM
Great thank you! And xlostx...:rofl: COLD BLOODED!

~Leah~
11-28-2008, 04:26 PM
I got a random text last week from a potential stalker saying he met me at a party ... had the name of the person whose party it was and everything. Clearly wasn't entirely random, more creepy than anything.

The_Rural_Juror
11-28-2008, 04:43 PM
Originally posted by ~Leah~
I got a random text last week from a potential stalker saying he met me at a party ... had the name of the person whose party it was and everything. Clearly wasn't entirely random, more creepy than anything.

Maybe it's "Leo" from that FRRRUUSTTRATED thread?

jwslam
11-28-2008, 06:55 PM
Originally posted by ~Leah~

do you have one of those open profiles on facebook that everyone can see your number??
in that case... i would like your full name please so that i can look it up and say i met you in this thread :love:

JDMsomething
11-28-2008, 08:37 PM
Never drink and text.....bad combo

A790
11-28-2008, 09:14 PM
I remember once I sent my ex-gf (gf at the time) a text detailing in what ways I was going to fuck her when I got home. Sure enough I get a phone call about 8 seconds later, and wouldn't ya know, I put an 8 instead of a 0 somewhere by accident...

heh... embarrassing.