PDA

View Full Version : WT: review of the Bears Den, in the NW

Graham_A_M
11-30-2008, 11:24 PM
Hey guys, it looks like a great restaurant, but I wanted your guys' opinion on it before I head over there....... please discuss. :)

VWEvo
11-30-2008, 11:26 PM
I like it, great atmosphere and I thought the food was outstanding. I've been there about 3 or 4 times now. All my visits were in the middle of the week when it was really quiet so the service was excellent.

GQBalla
12-01-2008, 09:08 AM
werd ^^ except ive only been there once.

great place - the service was excellent. cept the atmosphere is not trendy - but thats okay.

the food was amazing, the chief even made little dessert things for everybody to enjoy

Kritafo
12-01-2008, 09:21 AM
they have amazing food, had a few celebrations out there and haven't had a bad meal, or a bad server.

Surf and Turf is fantastic, the lamb is fabulous, and if your into Bison, it's always good.

DeeK
12-01-2008, 12:21 PM
Food is amazing, but only if you are looking to shell out some serious dough to eat. My parents took us there a while back and the total bill for 4 people, $400.

Mitsu3000gt
12-01-2008, 12:27 PM
Awesome food, service to match, and really high prices. I had the Surf & Turf and it was awesome, but it was also like $80. While you wait for your meal they bring you a small creation from the chef. As you would expect, it's really nice inside.

They have Stiegl on tap too :drool:

If there is an occasion, or you want to treat someone special, you can't go wrong. Expect a minimum of $100/plate, more if everyone gets appitizers & dessert, and way more if you plan to drink as well. The bill for 8 of us was ~$1500, but we had a couple bottles of wine. A company was paying for it so everyone probably got more than they would have if they were paying haha.

bwling
12-01-2008, 12:32 PM
Been there a few times. Great service, amazing menu. As others have mentioned, it can get pricey, but that's what you pay for the experience.

Surf and Turf, Chateaubriand and Seabass were excellent. Alberta game trio was okay. They used to have a 3-tiered appetizer with different types of game (rabbit, duck, etc), but I don't see it on the menu anymore. Give the lychee martini a try as well.

Menu (http://www.bears-den.ca/menu.asp)

nonlinear
12-01-2008, 01:39 PM
do a search, I think there's an old (and pretty thorough) review already on beyond