PDA

View Full Version : *** Help: Stolen Civic ***

Mr.Buffy
09-26-2003, 07:34 AM
*** Update ***
Well, I called the police an hour ago...and they've recovered my car already...They found the car in Bonavista Downs...only the next community to mine...broken window...fucked up steering column...

Have to wait till they dust the car for prints and then wait for the impound lot.....still feel like shit....and going to have to sanitize my seat after some asshole sat on it....

Thanks for your help, alarm suggestions??

Anthony

Hi guys...

Well...this morning...I woke up...got dressed...and saw that my fucking car was stolen....

I called the police...went through the standard questions....and while I was talking to him, his 'other line' went and I think he said they just might have found it....so now, I'm holding, waiting...

This is the worst feeling ever...I need my car...work...school...I still am not done paying for it either....

Anyways, I live in Parkland, stolen car was a silver 1998 honda civic hatchback. Bone stock except for a mugen front lip.

If the police say that they haven't found it yet when they get back to me, I'll post up a license plate.

The case number is #03275449.

Thanks

Anthony :(

Melinda
09-26-2003, 07:44 AM
Rough man, I'll keep my eye out for it...any other defining marks or anything? Rims?

roopi
09-26-2003, 07:48 AM
Sorry to hear. I'll keep my eyes open in case they headed north to Edmonton.

Mr.Buffy
09-26-2003, 07:50 AM
Nope, it was stock except for the front lip.

No major identifying marks except for scratches and stuff, but you'd have to get closer to see.

I'm waiting for the police to call back....I hope they find it....

Talies R
09-26-2003, 08:17 AM
Hey that's great they found it for you!!

Hightower
09-26-2003, 08:23 AM
Pretty damn quick too!!:thumbsup:

Mr.Buffy
09-26-2003, 08:24 AM
yeah, very quick, I was surprised.
I guess it was a fluke...as they sent out the plate...they must have been working on it already

88CRX
09-26-2003, 08:26 AM
your lucky.... now get an alarm...

403Gemini
09-26-2003, 09:21 AM
sounds like my buddy chris's 92 civic. got stolen i think 4 times, even with alarm (after 2nd time his car got stolen he put it in) pretty much they found it just bagged every time and then the 4th time just ripped apart.

I felt bad enough when somebody broke into my car and only stole my loose change and my backpack which was empty (besides cheap $15 sunglasses and 2 condoms :bigpimp: ) but regardless pain in the ass comin into your car in the morning turning to the glove box and you see the passenger side has been opened, turn to the backseat and its cleaned out... then u pull into work and you hve no change for a pop! ARGH

glad they found your car man, like said above, get the club and a alarm... do all that you can to prevent this :(

kaput
09-26-2003, 06:46 PM

illeagle
10-03-2003, 09:02 PM
yah most honda's are really easy to get started, belive it or not, it's just 2 small screws on the side of the column, once they're off you car is gone. - no I don't steal cars, i deal with theft recoveries.

3G
10-03-2003, 09:22 PM
Originally posted by kaput
and they stole like $1.50. I don't understand :dunno:

maybe they took it for bus fare? :confused: :dunno:

^SkylinE^
10-03-2003, 10:35 PM
My buddy lives in parkland and on wenesday the busted into his 93 civic hatch and jack his stereo Fuggers so if any of you hear of a sony deck fairly new for cheep let me know ITS STOLEN!!!

04blackMAX
10-03-2003, 10:45 PM
want some advice, buy a kia, whos gonna steal that....

illeagle
10-03-2003, 10:52 PM
Kia? someone would steal a kia ..
-if they needed parts
-a ride
-because some lady left the car running while she went in a store for smokes
-impress women
-if stealing a honda was too hard
-or just for the hell of it

sandman
10-04-2003, 12:32 AM
they got this new thing, a detachable steering wheel, ahah fuck thas one thing that pretty much ensures u wont get jacked unless the thieves hav scoped ur ride out and carry in like a momo one
but if uve got a car worth that much effort, dont leave it parked outside,
and of coarse a loud ass alarm, ones with a pager are the way to go pager IMO, if ur in the club, and some1s stealing ur subs, how u gonna know till ur pager tells U?
immobilisers are a big deterent to car thieves too, like i said, unless its something thats really worht it, in which case, dont park outside!
but glad to hear u got it back man
id go on a rampage if some1 stole my car, and then torture the fucker who touched my car, light them on fire here n there, dismember them starting with their fingers and toes, then arms and legs, then the rest
anyways glad to hear u got it back man alarm
detachable steering wheel
a club
and garage parking????

Mr.Buffy
10-04-2003, 09:53 AM
Yeah, damage is estimated at $1,750
Still waiting for it to get fixed.

But, illeagle, I know what you mean about how easy they are to steal. The hardest part is removing the steering wheel column cover underneath. I didn't know how before, but the guy down at the impound lot showed me how so I could drive it out of there. It's pretty scary how easy it is to steal a civic. I wonder if Honda thought about this when they designed it?

illeagle
10-04-2003, 06:11 PM
Originally posted by Mr.Buffy
Yeah, damage is estimated at $1,750
Still waiting for it to get fixed.

But, illeagle, I know what you mean about how easy they are to steal. The hardest part is removing the steering wheel column cover underneath. I didn't know how before, but the guy down at the impound lot showed me how so I could drive it out of there. It's pretty scary how easy it is to steal a civic. I wonder if Honda thought about this when they designed it?

I guess not, the newest civics and most honda's are still easy to get going, espcially if it's standard. but the popular ones are civics 1996-2000, alot of SIR's too......:burnout:

Skyline_Addict
10-05-2003, 02:55 AM
Originally posted by 403Gemini
sounds like my buddy chris's 92 civic. got stolen i think 4 times, even with alarm (after 2nd time his car got stolen he put it in) pretty much they found it just bagged every time and then the 4th time just ripped apart.

I felt bad enough when somebody broke into my car and only stole my loose change and my backpack which was empty (besides cheap $15 sunglasses and 2 condoms :bigpimp: ) but regardless pain in the ass comin into your car in the morning turning to the glove box and you see the passenger side has been opened, turn to the backseat and its cleaned out... then u pull into work and you hve no change for a pop! ARGH

glad they found your car man, like said above, get the club and a alarm... do all that you can to prevent this :(

shiz, how does your car get stolen so many times?