banned3x
12-01-2008, 10:27 PM
this is lethbridge for you :thumbsdow

300zxfairlday
12-01-2008, 10:32 PM
wholeyy shit:eek:

Graham_A_M
12-01-2008, 10:36 PM
wow... I'd shit a cinderblock if I came out and saw my bike laying in its side. I forget the % of suicides that happen in Lethbridge due to the wind, but its stupidly high considering what it is... I guess it just gets to people.... :dunno:

ercchry
12-01-2008, 10:37 PM
is that on the west side near the safeway, across uni drive from ice by chance?

banned3x
12-01-2008, 10:50 PM
nope north side it was sooo windy today it wasent funny i lost two important papers today when i opened my car door

Ekliptix
12-01-2008, 10:53 PM
That tumble weed just adds insult to injury.

HuyNh_SI
12-01-2008, 11:02 PM
:eek: i was planning on bringing my bike down next semester too..... mmmmmmmmm now im not so sure

rc2002
12-01-2008, 11:19 PM
If the wind is a normal occurrence then the fallen bikes should be too, no?

Go4Long
12-01-2008, 11:31 PM
Originally posted by Graham_A_M
wow... I'd shit a cinderblock if I came out and saw my bike laying in its side. I forget the % of suicides that happen in Lethbridge due to the wind, but its stupidly high considering what it is... I guess it just gets to people.... :dunno:

and they all throw themselves off our damn rail bridge...every couple weeks we get a call from either a train crew or the cops saying someone is standing on the bridge looking like they are going jump.

Eleanor
12-02-2008, 08:14 AM
Wow, that sucks.

GQBalla
12-02-2008, 09:05 AM
ouch...

funkedelic2
12-02-2008, 07:53 PM
you should have at least kicked away that tumble weed you asshole! haha!

arian_ma
12-03-2008, 07:24 PM
Originally posted by Graham_A_M
People commit suicide because of wind? Is that what you mean?
Why? Why don't they just move somewhere less windy? Taking your own life because the wind is annoying has got to be one of the most ridiculous things I've heard, unless I missed something here.

Primer_Drift
12-03-2008, 08:13 PM
Originally posted by arian_ma

Why? Why don't they just move somewhere less windy? Taking your own life because the wind is annoying has got to be one of the most ridiculous things I've heard, unless I missed something here.

It has nothing to do with the wind, and everything to do with lethbridge. Travel there are you will know what I mean.

banned3x
12-03-2008, 08:55 PM
yeah lethbridge sucks you know really bad we dont have fun things like drive by's, stabbing, gangs...ect ect.

arian_ma
12-03-2008, 09:16 PM
Originally posted by Primer_Drift

It has nothing to do with the wind, and everything to do with lethbridge. Travel there are you will know what I mean.
I see...but still, my question stands. Why don't people just move? I hate the weather in Calgary but I won't kill myself for it. There's gotta be more to that statement haha.

The Cosworth
12-03-2008, 10:21 PM
i know exactly where that is. North side right?

Isaiah
12-03-2008, 10:34 PM

Actually I wouldn't say it has everything to do with the wind but it's certainly a contributing factor. It's more than just annoying, it has a detrimental psychological effect when all you hear every day is the sound of the wind. It's the hissing, howling sound that gets into people's head and then you hear it when it's not even windy.

My sister lived in Lethbridge years ago and when I would visit her for a weekend, I would come home and hear wind when it wasn't even windy. I can definitely imagine how that would affect people who live there.

5hift
12-03-2008, 10:34 PM
The majority of the people that kill themselves are Native Indians from the nearby reserve. Lethbridge is windy but its not as bad as some are trying to make it seem.

Its more of the city where you have to know the right people to have fun. If you dont know anyone, any city will seem boring.

ExtremeSi
12-03-2008, 11:57 PM
It's windy as hell down here! But I can't believe it was windy enough to blow those bike over. Insane! I had my bike parked outside in the wind last year and I'm glad it never tipped.

Riding has never really been an issue though. Nothing too crazy

Graham_A_M
12-03-2008, 11:59 PM

I dont know their reasons why, I honestly dont. Thats just the stat I've heard:dunno:

funkedelic2
12-04-2008, 12:15 AM
Lethbridge ain't that bad at all. Its windy but there are worse cities for that in Canada. I haven't really heard of a lot of suicides since i have lived here.

banned3x
12-04-2008, 04:30 PM
^^^ me too thats a first about the suicides.

Benny
12-04-2008, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by banned3x
^^^ me too thats a first about the suicides.

Yeah news to me as well. I just moved down here like 3 weeks ago and right before I left Calgary someone's dad was telling me how much he hated Lethbridge because of how windy it is and how he could never go back. No doubt it's windy as fuck, but it's not THAT bad.

Quiet10
12-04-2008, 05:17 PM
I spent most of my childhood in Lethbridge, and I could say that yes there were days where it was insanely windy, but it's not THAT bad as to commit suicide over. :rolleyes: