drtoohotty1
12-02-2008, 05:03 PM
damnit i was looking forward to a good ol fashioned beat down :thumbsdow

Quizzes
12-02-2008, 05:05 PM
Originally posted by JfuckinC
what a fucking bullshit suspension.
:banghead:

I think the NHL's doing this for the sake of Avery's well being. I was looking forward to the game tonight.

:goflames: :goflames: :goflames:

slick2404
12-02-2008, 05:05 PM
BRUTAL i got all pumped to watch the game tonight because of his comment haha, wanted to see dion rip him apart

1997GSR
12-02-2008, 05:07 PM
what a fucking bullshit suspension.
:banghead:

no shit eh :bullshit:

calgarygts
It's really annoying but good luck ripping him apart - he's not a little guy, and a pretty decent player (ie - he won't let you do what you want easily). I hate the guy but I laughed when I read his comment. Probably because I think phaneuf is a douche.

NickGT
Originally posted by 01RedDX
Over his 'sloppy seconds' remark.

http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=258182&lid=headline&lpos=topStory_main

Damnit... does anyone want my tickets to the game tonight?

EDIT: repost by 1 minute :facepalm:

Lol! Mods plz delete my topic since all the action is here anyway

xLostx
12-02-2008, 05:09 PM
bahahaha too bad he didn't get to play tonight, would have been some good fights :goflames:

kenny
12-02-2008, 05:09 PM
Shit, I was looking forward to see how Dion would respond.

rumeo
12-02-2008, 05:10 PM
what a stupid suspension and how dare he make fun of elisha!:guns:

JfuckinC
12-02-2008, 05:10 PM
DIon would respond by trying to open ice hitting avery and putting himself out of position giving them a 2 or possibly 3 on 1.
:D

I would love to see them get scrappy though, damn.

USED1
12-02-2008, 05:12 PM
Originally posted by kenny
Shit, I was looking forward to see how Dion would respond.

You know how Dion would respond, yap the whole time and wait for Prust to come in and finish it. Ever since he came to the NHL he's fought less.

dezmarez
12-02-2008, 05:16 PM
haha fuck thats such bullshit
this just shows nhl doesnt like any sort of story lines

kenny
12-02-2008, 05:17 PM
Originally posted by USED1

You know how Dion would respond, yap the whole time and wait for Prust to come in and finish it. Ever since he came to the NHL he's fought less.

I was hoping this would change Dion's gameplay haha

dezmarez
12-02-2008, 05:19 PM
5 games!!!....did u watch the video...he came over and asked them to turn the fucking camera on haha
so funny

buh_buh
12-02-2008, 05:26 PM
C'mon... if the NHL is trying to get more viewers in the US, this is the wrong way to go about it, albeit maybe not the type of attention they want. But for the league, any headline is a good headline.

I for one was very much looking forward to retribution for the Iggy/Phaneuf comments. Boo NHL for stopping semi-premeditated fight.

Dave P
12-02-2008, 05:28 PM
haha avery is a douche, but the comment was money

jjmac
12-02-2008, 05:34 PM
I guess he really needed to get it off his chest HAHAHA

He was so casual about it too, which makes it awesome!

As far as the suspension, I believe they just did that so that they can actually have a HOCKEY game, not a brawl between two guys who slept with the same girl lol

Quizzes
12-02-2008, 05:37 PM
Originally posted by buh_buh
I for one was very much looking forward to retribution for the Iggy/Phaneuf comments. Boo NHL for stopping semi-premeditated fight.

I wanted to see Avery get leveled as much as the next guy, but the NHL wanted to prevent another possibly premeditated incident ala Todd Bertuzzi.

At least the Stars owner agreed with the suspension. http://stars.nhl.com/team/app/?service=page&page=NewsPage&articleid=395712 :rofl:

buh_buh
12-02-2008, 05:39 PM
Let Avery fight his own battles. Instead of him turtling the league's doing it for him.
I can see why the they did it, but from a fan standpoint, this had he potential to be a pretty epic game.

Jlude
12-02-2008, 05:42 PM
is there a video?

hahaha good ol' avery.

buh_buh
12-02-2008, 05:42 PM
3HN8L0W8ewY

Good to see his team's behind him :rofl:

Quizzes
12-02-2008, 05:44 PM
^^^ I love how he calls the media over. Nobody wanted to speak to him otherwise. :rofl:

DJ_NAV
12-02-2008, 05:46 PM
I really don't know if I like the NHL call. Avery deserved it, but now I don't think i'll skip my hw to watch the game.

Jlude
12-02-2008, 05:47 PM
3HN8L0W8ewY

Good to see his team's behind him :rofl:

Thanks!

hahaha that was golden!

spyce
12-02-2008, 05:48 PM
Would have been nice to let him play tonight. Let Dion destroy him. Then fine Avery and suspend him

Game tonight definitely became less interesting :(

Team_Mclaren
12-02-2008, 05:49 PM
fuck i was so looking forward to the game too!!! what a waste

KoukiS14
12-02-2008, 05:50 PM
Agreed.

Avery = Douche
The Game Tonight = Less Interesting

5hift
12-02-2008, 06:04 PM
Originally posted by USED1

Originally posted by kenny

I was hoping this would change Dion's gameplay haha

Yeah I'm pretty sure thats upper management's influence. If Prust breaks his wrist most flames fans wont ever even know about it. If Dion/Jarome break a wrist in a meaningless fight it could cost the flames the season

7thgenvic
12-02-2008, 06:12 PM
BAHHH hahah. What a true true hockey play. I can't even imagine how many NHL players have crossed paths with the same puck slut. I love that he made it public and called it sloppy seconds! That video is truly hilarious

RedGallardo
12-02-2008, 06:12 PM
Originally posted by Jlude

Thanks!

hahaha that was golden!

Agreed! :rofl: :rofl:

rumeo
12-02-2008, 06:19 PM
she is beautiful! dont be hatin :cry:

Originally posted by 7thgenvic
BAHHH hahah. What a true true hockey play. I can't even imagine how many NHL players have crossed paths with the same puck slut. I love that he made it public and called it sloppy seconds! That video is truly hilarious

rage2
12-02-2008, 06:24 PM
I'd take those sloppy seconds anyday...

http://www.virgeweb.com/rage2/flames/01.jpg

:poosie:

D'z Nutz
12-02-2008, 06:24 PM
Let Avery fight his own battles. Instead of him turtling the league's doing it for him.
I can see why the they did it, but from a fan standpoint, this had he potential to be a pretty epic game.

:werd: Besides, turtling is more of Steve Ott's thing

rizfarmer
12-02-2008, 06:27 PM
good, he's a tool

Weapon_R
12-02-2008, 06:56 PM
Avery woulda wooped Dion's ass anyways...The NHL saved Phaneuf :D

buh_buh
12-02-2008, 07:04 PM
Originally posted by Weapon_R
Avery woulda wooped Dion's ass anyways...The NHL saved Phaneuf :D fU5-HJ9IDOE

D'z Nutz
12-02-2008, 07:08 PM
One can only imagine what Dion's brilliant goon response would be anyways:

Roger Millions: I'm sure you've heard by now Sean Avery's remarks. Anything thing you'd like to comment on it?

Dion: Yeah, Dallas has a good team. We need to play a tight game. If we shoot more pucks on net, we'll increase our chances and hopefully score some.

Roger: ... So you agree with the league's decision to suspend Avery?

Dion: Yeah, like I said. We need to get more pucks to the net. If we can score more points than the other team, then maybe we'll win the game.

Roger: ... Ugh... back to you, Charlie.

Weapon_R
12-02-2008, 07:09 PM
^ looks like a bitch move to me, doesn't prove much. Avery can hold his own in a fight pretty good.

buh_buh
12-02-2008, 07:12 PM
^ looks like a bitch move to me, doesn't prove much. Avery can hold his own in a fight pretty good. yeah that was my point. I actually don't mind Avery that much. I find him kind of funny. I'm just a little peeved he got suspended for the game.

max_boost
12-02-2008, 07:14 PM
We just lost a villain for tonight's game. It's going to be a whole lot less exciting now. Oh well. If you think controversy and story lines are good for the league, then wrong move for suspending him!

Flames win anyway.

:goflames: :goflames: :goflames:

1st place in the division is ours tonight!

1997GSR
12-02-2008, 07:18 PM
Seeing the Stars react the way they did was classic. Turco is such a classy guy

Team_Mclaren
12-02-2008, 07:20 PM
the more i think about it, the more retarded the suspension is. This game was going to be the most hyped game of the night, now its just another regular game. The entire flames roster has a "get out of jail for free card" to beat the shit out of Avery on the ice, but the stupid league decided to take that away.... :banghead:

PGTze
12-02-2008, 07:21 PM
Pretty smart move by Avery, this way he won't have to play the Flames.

The Stars still have his apprentice Steve Ott...

buh_buh
12-02-2008, 07:22 PM
Ott's out. Broke his hand last week.

Eleanor
12-02-2008, 07:34 PM
Originally posted by rage2

you lucky SOB :D

Ajay
12-02-2008, 07:35 PM
Classless move by Avery but to be expected. He's a douche bag and always will be but the comment was kind of funny.

I was looking forward to this game just to see what would be done about the Iginla comments.

I don't think Avery would have handled Phaneuf like a rag doll like some of you seem to think. I think Phaneuf would have worked his ass. I do remember a game back when Avery was playing with LA and he kept yapping and yapping and yapping. First Warrener clobbered him with a fantastic hit and then Phaneuf came at him. He didn't say much after that for the remainder of the game.

Do we play Dallas again at all this year?

ZEDGE
12-02-2008, 07:37 PM
I am suprised people are calling this suspension bullshit..

This stuff has no business in hockey, maybe on the ice between the players but not in the press.

Dallas is a class organization and I bet Averys days are now numbered. The guy is a complete moron and as far as I am concerned he does not even belong in the NHL.

What happened to enjoying hockey for hockey, not some grudge between two players who have gone out with the same chick.. wtf this is a sport not a damn soap opera. Keep that garbage in wrestling or something..

:thumbsdow

Altezza
12-02-2008, 07:41 PM
Damn, he was leading my pool in points cuz of all of the penalty minutes! Get him back on the ice!!

PGTze
12-02-2008, 07:53 PM
Ott's out. Broke his hand last week.

Yeah I just saw that, well this should be a pretty bland game.

mac_82
12-02-2008, 08:19 PM
Originally posted by Ajay
I don't think Avery would have handled Phaneuf like a rag doll like some of you seem to think. I think Phaneuf would have worked his ass. I do remember a game back when Avery was playing with LA and he kept yapping and yapping and yapping. First Warrener clobbered him with a fantastic hit and then Phaneuf came at him. He didn't say much after that for the remainder of the game.

Phaneuf rocked him twice that night. I do believe that was the game where Pierre McGuire coined the term "double dioned".

Mark Feb 3 on your calendars. Flames @ Stars.

Stars visit us again March 18.

sexualbanana
12-02-2008, 08:25 PM
DIon would respond by trying to open ice hitting avery and putting himself out of position giving them a 2 or possibly 3 on 1.

Yeah, because he needed an excuse to do that before...

Originally posted by ZEDGE

This stuff has no business in hockey, maybe on the ice between the players but not in the press.

Dallas is a class organization and I bet Averys days are now numbered. The guy is a complete moron and as far as I am concerned he does not even belong in the NHL.

Here's my question about the support for Bettman by the Stars; Would they have actually suspended Avery if the League hadn't? Or, was this a case of 'since we don't have to prove it, let's take the League's side?'

Originally posted by mac_82

Phaneuf rocked him twice that night. I do believe that was the game where Pierre McGuire coined the term "double dioned".

I think the "Double Dion" came in the World Juniors against Russia.

buh_buh
12-02-2008, 08:25 PM

What happened to enjoying hockey for hockey, not some grudge between two players who have gone out with the same chick.. wtf this is a sport not a damn soap opera. Keep that garbage in wrestling or something..

:thumbsdow I can't speak for everyone, but I'm pretty sure the majority of people don't give a shit about the drama. They want to see Avery get what's coming to him, and that's a big ole left right from Phaneuf. Most people were pretty geared up for this game anyway, because they want to see the shit disturber get it and were disappointed after the suspension, not because of some bs drama you think everyone's into. Take your thumbs down, turn it around and sit on it.

95teetee
12-02-2008, 08:30 PM
my question is: Who wrote that for that moron? It came awfully close to (well, within a couple miles of) witty. Sean Avery has the IQ of a shinpad. I sense outside involvement with the writing and helping him memorize it.
I suspect Steven Segal had something to do with the amazing delivery, though.

Black Gts
12-02-2008, 08:40 PM
^^^
I was just gonna say, the reason he got suspended is because that line was so contrived, it took all the potential humor out of it. Had that been of the cusp or anything like that there would be no suspension :dunno:

95teetee
12-02-2008, 08:46 PM
btw, Avery must get a warm-and-fuzzy from all of his teammates having his back like they do:rofl:

a_singh3
12-02-2008, 08:52 PM
he says what is pn his mind. none of u would do that :rofl:

mac_82
12-02-2008, 09:13 PM
Originally posted by sexualbanana
I think the "Double Dion" came in the World Juniors against Russia.

Ah yes I stand corrected. I just remember McGuire going nuts when Dion leveled Avery.

Eleanor
12-02-2008, 10:58 PM
Originally posted by a_singh3
he says what is pn his mind. none of u would do that :rofl:
You do however, and that's why you're banned :thumbsup:

Jlude
12-02-2008, 11:14 PM

Rockin' a Beyond.ca hoodie of course!

Is this recent?

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Were you sitting next to her or something? Or did you go up and ask to take a pic?

rage2
12-03-2008, 12:43 AM
Originally posted by Jlude
Is this recent?

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Were you sitting next to her or something? Or did you go up and ask to take a pic?
It was during the pre-season game I went to with buh_buh. She sat close by, and walked right by us, so I asked for a pic and a blowjob. I only got a pic :(.

CMW403
12-03-2008, 01:30 AM
NHL is a professional organization and it makes sense that they would suspend him for saying that. Its highly unprofessional.

Aside from that, i think avery is hilarious and i love opening the sports section of the herald to a new quote.

RedGallardo
12-03-2008, 03:10 AM

This photo is absolutely CLAWSOME!!!

:rofl: :rofl:

88CRX
12-03-2008, 09:55 AM

:thumbsdow

I agree 100% with everything you said.

First off I would have loved to see Avery play and him get run over or beat up in a fight just as much as the next Flames fan.... however the league did the right thing. You can guarantee is that if any sort of "Bertuzzi" like incident were to have taken place and Avery got injured he'd be crying that it was pre-meditated blah blah blah. Something the NHL can't risk happening yet again.

As for the comments... Avery is allowed to say whatever he wants; which he has in the past. But I don't recall any player every getting personal regarding someone's family/girlfriend in the media, completely crossed the line. If the league didn't stop it when will the media trash talk end? As for whets said on the ice... lol..... I'm sure it's 10x worse but that's different.

Not to mention on top of all that it wasn't even that funny.... Avery had probably recited that punch line a dozen times to himself in the mirror with that shit-eating grin on his face. Maybe if he had winged it or something but it all seemed far too WWF-drama like calling the cameras over and shit.

Sean Avery :thumbsdow

phrozen
12-03-2008, 10:17 AM
Originally posted by 95teetee
my question is: Who wrote that for that moron? It came awfully close to (well, within a couple miles of) witty. Sean Avery has the IQ of a shinpad. I sense outside involvement with the writing and helping him memorize it.
I suspect Steven Segal had something to do with the amazing delivery, though.

:rofl: :werd:

As far as I'm concerned Avery did not make the right choice in words, not only that, he couldn't grow the cajones' to
get out on the ice and say it to Dion's face. :goflames:

Jlude
12-03-2008, 10:18 AM
Originally posted by 88CRX

I agree 100% with everything you said.

First off I would have loved to see Avery play and him get run over or beat up in a fight just as much as the next Flames fan.... however the league did the right thing. You can guarantee is that if any sort of "Bertuzzi" like incident were to have taken place and Avery got injured he'd be crying that it was pre-meditated blah blah blah. Something the NHL can't risk happening yet again.

As for the comments... Avery is allowed to say whatever he wants; which he has in the past. But I don't recall any player every getting personal regarding someone's family/girlfriend in the media, completely crossed the line. If the league didn't stop it when will the media trash talk end? As for whets said on the ice... lol..... I'm sure it's 10x worse but that's different.

Not to mention on top of all that it wasn't even that funny.... Avery had probably recited that punch line a dozen times to himself in the mirror with that shit-eating grin on his face. Maybe if he had winged it or something but it all seemed far too WWF-drama like calling the cameras over and shit.

Sean Avery :thumbsdow

Bang on...

and you fuckin' know he recited that shit... haha right up until he said it to the media. Idiot.

It'll be interesting to see what happens to him, if he stays in Dallas or is shipped off to somewhere else.

Maybe we'll see a publin apology? That's be hilarious!

Canmorite
12-03-2008, 11:55 AM
Totally stupid thing to say. Avery probably had sloppy 8ths too, who gives a fuck. Unprofessional :thumbsdow

sputnik
12-03-2008, 12:04 PM
I am glad Avery was suspended.

Someone send a memo to Avery. The NHL is not the WWE.

Conroy said it best. If he wants to talk trash, keep it on the ice.

buh_buh
12-03-2008, 12:18 PM
Avery was on that client list for that whorehouse in NY. I'm pretty sure he had sloppy 39475ths

7thgenvic
12-03-2008, 12:26 PM
Avery was on that client list for that whorehouse in NY. I'm pretty sure he had sloppy 39475ths

link.???? im bored in Denmark.. :)

mikey008
12-03-2008, 12:27 PM
Avery is a pussy!! The douche talks soo much BS....but he can't even back up what he says. Go on youtube!
You would always see him in getting OWNED in NHL brawls anyways. Dion will totally kill Avery anyways! But that's just an opinion....would of love to see it happen!!

The Stars other jerk Steve Ott....now that guy can talk and back up what he says!!:thumbsup:

Quizzes
12-03-2008, 12:30 PM
My guess is his playing days in Dallas is over. Doesn't seem like his teammates, coach and owner wanna back him up at all. Brett Hull will take the brunt of the blame as he was the idiot who signed him to that long and expensive deal, handcuffing the team's cap space. I don't think any teams out there want to risk having Avery in their dressing room.

buh_buh
12-03-2008, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by 7thgenvic

link.???? im bored in Denmark.. :)

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/2008/03/29/2008-03-29_sean_avery_in_hookers_black_book.html

dharminder
12-03-2008, 12:49 PM
Suspending the guy maybe was a good thing keep from stuff getting to heated out there.
But was his comment really that rude? personally i did not find it rude i just had a good laugh about it.

szw
12-03-2008, 12:53 PM
I expected more hot pics of elisha cuthbert in this thread :(

95teetee
12-03-2008, 01:21 PM

It was during the pre-season game I went to with buh_buh. She sat close by, and walked right by us, so I asked for a pic and a blowjob. I only got a pic :(.

man... always put 'blowjob' first. It may confuse them into a 'yes'

Originally posted by RedGallardo

This photo is absolutely CLAWSOME!!!

:rofl: :rofl: I missed that when I saw the pic:rofl:

ExtraSlow
12-03-2008, 01:33 PM
http://www.hollywoodtoday.net/wp-content/uploads/2008/03/elishacuthbert2.jpg

01RedDX
12-03-2008, 01:36 PM

GOnSHO
12-03-2008, 01:41 PM
Originally posted by 01RedDX
Just a shot in the dark, maybe Avery's jealous that he doesn't get to tap that^^^ anymore?

haha, good observation!!

HP2133
12-03-2008, 01:52 PM
Is that the young puta from 24 ?

Originally posted by rumeo
what a stupid suspension and how dare he make fun of elisha!:guns:

S4maniac
12-03-2008, 03:33 PM
I honestly think the suspension has next to nothing to do with protecting Phaneuf or Avery. It has everything to do with the league protecting themselves and preventing another Bertuzzi/Moore incident. Imagine the lawsuit if something had happened to Avery last night. The NHL had no defense.

Moore was a nobody with a limited career. Avery makes $3.5M a year.

But enough of that ...lets see more Elisha pics ...

eb0i
12-03-2008, 04:21 PM
Originally posted by HP2133
Is that the young puta from 24 ?

Yes. :poosie:

Xtrema
12-03-2008, 04:28 PM
I'll take that sloppy 2nd any day.

89s1
12-03-2008, 06:33 PM
Popular mechanics for MEEEE!

treg50
12-03-2008, 06:48 PM
lol, Avery is such cry-baby bitch... "waaahhhh I had a hot girlfriend but she left me because I'm a pathetic boy AND I'm a bigger bitch than she is."

Maybe is Avery had some class AND maturity she'd still with him... what a homo. Cuthbert will always be awesome! :D

DJ Lazy
12-03-2008, 08:54 PM

Nice, rocking the Vodafone McLaren gear! :bigpimp:

Eleanor
12-03-2008, 08:55 PM
Originally posted by 89s1
Popular mechanics for MEEEE!
I fucking lol'd :rofl:

D'z Nutz
12-03-2008, 08:56 PM
http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=395979

"I would like to sincerely apologize for my off-color remarks to the press yesterday from Calgary," Avery said. "I should not have made those comments and I recognize that they were inappropriate.

"It was a bad attempt to build excitement for the game, but I am now acutely aware of how hurtful my actions were. I caused unnecessary embarrassment to my peers as well as people I have been close with in the past.

Yeah, right Avery! :rofl:

max_boost
12-03-2008, 08:59 PM
^^^

LOL

Nice try Avery.

:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

HybridTheory
12-03-2008, 10:11 PM
^^ hahaha :facepalm: is very fitting in this case

Wonder where's he's gonna go next

Jlude
12-03-2008, 10:15 PM
Originally posted by D'z Nutz
http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=395979

Yeah, right Avery! :rofl:

Knew that was gonna happen!

95teetee
12-03-2008, 10:33 PM
you know, if he'd done it like Ilya Bryzgalov's rant about Edmonton, it would have been all good.
He just needs the Yost and Stan Schmenge voice. And throw in a 'hold on hold on, I'm not finished' instead of calling the media over.
Then people would have laughed.

-Ns14hRqwY8

dino_martini
12-03-2008, 10:54 PM
I laughed at the remark, but I can see how the league thinks it is in bad taste. I like Avery, but every once and a while he crosses the line from an Amusing Pest to being a complete moron. :dunno:

1997GSR
12-03-2008, 10:55 PM
Originally posted by dino_martini
I laughed at the remark, but I can see how the league thinks it is in bad taste. I like Avery, but every once and a while he crosses the line from an Amusing Pest to being a complete moron. :dunno:

he is a moron.

95teetee
12-03-2008, 11:02 PM
Originally posted by 1997GSR

he is a moron. :werd: I don't think he's ever come back across that line since the first time I heard of him:dunno:

DENZILDON
12-03-2008, 11:05 PM
he's going to be out of work after dallas.

Kavy
12-04-2008, 12:03 AM
Originally posted by DENZILDON
he's going to be out of work after dallas.

Lots of Russian teams will make offers on him then notice he can't skate worth shit, he can say as much crap there as he wants as the only people who will understand him is Anson Carter and Ray Emery.

cam_wmh
12-04-2008, 01:24 AM
Originally posted by Ajay
Classless move by Avery but to be expected. He's a douche bag and always will be but the comment was kind of funny.

I was looking forward to this game just to see what would be done about the Iginla comments.

Calgary vs LA Kings Dec 27th or 28th, 2006. I remember so vividly as I bought the tickets for my dad, 5 rows behind the benches right in the middle of them. The main hit was Avery carrying the puck into the zone on the near boards near the Flames bench. Phaneuf locked him into the tracks from the opposite d, and just rocked him & almost turnbuckled him too. Avery was about to spaz, when you could hear the L.A coach shouting at him to change. It was fucking classic.

The league needed to suspend him. You don't insult a player's S.O, with such a demeaning & premeditated slur on TV. It happens all the time on the ice, but not when youre supposed to be level headed. I was hoping Andre Roy would break his hand on Averys face tho.

403Gemini
12-04-2008, 02:06 AM
Avery woulda wooped Dion's ass anyways...The NHL saved Phaneuf :D

lol stop trying to stir the pot. Avery is too scared to EVER take a hit

yDQBogfOEQw
egHy0ebNK9Y
CqKdlQr743M
fU5-HJ9IDOE
4MKavcCvDIU

Keep your face down, Avery, the pussy ass bitch. :rolleyes: