PDA

View Full Version : New member intro and question

EuroB
12-03-2008, 01:13 AM
Hey im not really new to beyond but I never went on much except to buy and sell stuff

But my names Bart
I drove a DA9 for a year or so
now im driving a 328is
and starting friday hopefully if all goes as planned im picking up a EG Hatch to rebuild and soon selling my 328

ill post pics up soon

but my questions are!

There is a beyond meet every wed at chinook. what time is it at and can I get some more details on it?

also I put my winter tires/steelies on my bmw, I was wondering how bad it would be to drive the winter with summer tires like for the rims sake
my summer tires had better grip then the winters but im just askin will my rims get ruined?

eglove
12-03-2008, 01:18 AM
usually around 8-8:30 pm people start to show up, but it is winter right now and pretty cold, not many people show up anymore.

i would recommend NOT driving the winter with summers on, you're just going to slide around and have no grip whatsoever. your summers lost their grip at around +7 degrees

your rims won't get ruined though, unless you slide into something :p

EuroB
12-03-2008, 01:28 AM
oh i never knew summers lose there grip at cirten temps
thats good to know

another quick question
I gotta go to the JP one of these thursdays to get a speeding ticket lowered.
anyone got any good excuse
I was driving down 22x passing there was like 5 cars passing this truck he radared 2 of us and i got caught for doing 103 in a 80.
also my postal code was left blank but I dont think that madders

any excuses people used that worked really good

eglove
12-03-2008, 01:29 AM
:facepalm:

SikAssR1
12-03-2008, 01:33 AM
Originally posted by EuroB
thats good to know

another quick question
I was driving down 22x passing there was like 5 cars passing this truck he radared 2 of us and i got caught for doing 103 in a 80.

tell them you were following the flow of traffic:rofl:

97'Scort
12-03-2008, 02:46 AM
You could say you have a medical condition that affects your dexterity, seeing as you have a hard time typing.

95EagleAWD
12-03-2008, 03:07 AM
Originally posted by 97'Scort
You could say you have a medical condition that affects your dexterity, seeing as you have a hard time typing.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Beat me to it.

jsn
12-03-2008, 03:22 AM
thats good to know

another quick question

Seems like you're off to a bad start. Just so you know, Beyond has a pretty anal grammar police force.

Destinova403
12-03-2008, 10:00 AM
the first post wasnt so bad... the second post was brutal to read.

did you have a stroke some time between 12:13 and 12:28?

EuroB
12-03-2008, 10:56 AM
Yes, I know, I'm very sorry.
What happened was, I spilt coffee on my keyboard and acouple of the letters wern't working, and for the last couple weeks my "?" "/" "[" "]" "^" and a bunch of other symbols were all coming out an e or E with a line above it, so I was trying to type without having to use question marks and brackets and yesterdays coffee didnt make it any easier.

urban.one
12-03-2008, 11:02 AM
Makes sense. Dont worry about it too much... it doesnt madder.

What happened was, I spilt coffee on my keyboard and acouple of the letters wern't working, and for the last couple weeks my "?" "/" "[" "]" "^" and a bunch of other symbols were all coming out an e or E with a line above it, so I was trying to type without having to use question marks and brackets and yesterdays coffee didnt make it any easier.

Euro838
12-03-2008, 11:05 AM
thats good to know

another quick question

You don't need any excuse. They'll reduce it to the minimum which is like 2 demerits and 1-15 km/h over. The JPs see so many bloody people and excuses that they probably don't care anymore.

If you want the ticket thrown out, you'll have to setup a court date where you'll face the crown and the accusing officer.

Good Luck.

HyperZell
12-03-2008, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by urban.one
Makes sense. Dont worry about it too much... it doesnt madder.

Doesnt make scents at all. Its a silly excuse and your dumb for beleving it. i would defiently worry about it

almerick
12-03-2008, 01:41 PM
your excuse can be that you had explosive diarrhea :)

Wehbeast
12-03-2008, 01:53 PM
Wasn't your name on here honda/teg before?

xLostx
12-03-2008, 01:56 PM
your keyboard is switched over to French Canadian most likely. Click on the little keyboard icon on your windows toolbar that runs along the bottom of your screen, it should be to the bottom right just beside all your icons, click on it and select US

sillysod
12-03-2008, 02:10 PM
I would tell them that your breaks failed. That usually works wonderfully.

jonnycat
12-03-2008, 02:38 PM
Or some guy in a Camero was chasing you and you were just trying to get away

bawlls
12-03-2008, 03:05 PM
Don't try to mask your stupidity and illiteracy with your poor attempts at excuses.

thought, I got a good LOL @ "cirten".

malcolmk14
12-03-2008, 04:17 PM
I love beyond for threads like this.

asif.hirji
12-03-2008, 06:46 PM
Are you sure you don`t have the Canadian-French setting turned on for your keyboard language settings. ?? = É é

funkedelic2
12-03-2008, 07:07 PM
You mean there really is a BART?!

EuroB
12-04-2008, 02:05 AM
Well my name is Bartosz, I'm polish but I've been called Bart since I was 8.
And no I figured the keyboard out.
The problem was something with the keyboard layout settings

BTW, all went as planned, Im leaving Calgary Friday around 2 and driving up to edmonton to pick up my new EG

heres some pics!
But before I post them can somone point me in the right direction of were I could post a build up?

http://i302.photobucket.com/albums/nn99/eurobartek/P1010002.jpg
http://i302.photobucket.com/albums/nn99/eurobartek/P1010004.jpg
http://i302.photobucket.com/albums/nn99/eurobartek/P1010005.jpg
http://i302.photobucket.com/albums/nn99/eurobartek/P1010006.jpg

mowglee
12-05-2008, 07:09 PM
you couldnt find a civic hatchback for sale in calgary?

eglove
12-05-2008, 07:11 PM
he obviously wanted to get the most rust per $

EuroB
12-07-2008, 10:38 PM
The civic is actually doing pretty good.
The cheapest one I found in Calgary was 1000, I rather pay 300 plus 40 bucks of gas and get it from Edmonton, plus my girlfriend bought me a puppy in Edmonton to so we did both in one trip!

I cleaned up the engine bay a bit and its pretty much ready for removal i'm just waiting a little bit till I find a good deal on a good engine before I pull this one, in the mean time I started on the body work and one of the 1/4 panels is down to metal!!!!

Nitzer5
12-07-2008, 11:18 PM
Holy shit I think I know you. Do you know a guy named Chris P

hampstor
12-07-2008, 11:24 PM
Originally posted by bawlls
Don't try to mask your stupidity and illiteracy with your poor attempts at excuses.

thought, I got a good LOL @ "cirten".

"Hi pot, meet kettle. He's black too!" :facepalm:

colt22
12-13-2008, 06:30 PM
Hey how many kms on your 328? 5spd? color?