PDA

View Full Version : Salesman totals a Cayenne Turbo at a Land Rover test course

turboMiata
09-26-2003, 01:38 PM
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

http://www.freelanderliving.com/bb_board/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=1305

kevie88
09-26-2003, 01:54 PM
hmm... no pics. I call Bs until I see pics. In which case...

HAHA!

hjr
09-26-2003, 02:45 PM
ahh, its preaching to the converted. Im really not suprised that the LR is better offroad. Now put it on the nuremburgring and the porsche will tool the LR. they are build to different specifications. Considering 90% of SUV's wont go offroad then the porsche is the better vehicle 90% of the time.

turboMiata
09-26-2003, 02:52 PM
Actually, the Cayenne is a competent off-road vehicle. It's got front lockers, center differential lock, low range and removeable rear sways from the factory.

All it needs is 36" rubber, CB antenna, roof rack, front brush bar and winch!

hjr
09-26-2003, 02:55 PM
no no, i dont mean it sucks, but its just not to the standard of LR. And vise versa, the land rover is a rabbit diesel compaired to the porsche in power.

RSRT-4
09-26-2003, 03:21 PM
LOL That's funny I worked at landRover for three years and the only other 4x4's I seen make it over was a hummer and a modded Jeep , The porchse is suppose to be as good offroad as the new RangeRover but they never put it on a side slope on any of the test i've seen and Hummer and LandRover are the only Dealers I know that have Offical offroad Events for there Customer

turboMiata
09-26-2003, 03:38 PM
Originally posted by RSRT-4
LandRover are the only Dealers I know that have Offical offroad Events for there Customer

Are they still running these? I've always been itching to take my D1 wheeling... Is it invitation only?

RSRT-4
09-26-2003, 03:41 PM
Yes they are still doing the offroad events, It's mostly for New Customer So they get a chance to see what they can do offroad, there is usally a list at the dealership I pretty sure this years is full . Just call the dealership and talk to the receptionist and as about it and if you can be put on the list for Next year Or Find out what day the last one is this year, May already Happened IF not just show up on that day and bring a lunch and tag along :thumbsup:

4wheeldrift
09-26-2003, 03:46 PM
I have a lot of trouble thinking of the Cayenne as an SUV. It drives way too much like a really big 911. From what I've heard, they are supposed to be quite capable off-road, but obviously a 35% side slope was a degree or two too much for it. I just found the comment about the Cayenne being "top heavy" amusing, considering it has one of the lowest CGs of any SUV out there.

3G
09-26-2003, 05:41 PM
Chrysler also has off road events for jeep owners. It's called "Jeep Jamboree"

RSRT-4
09-26-2003, 05:44 PM
Actually the Jeep Jamboree is Organized By Jeep Customers Not The Dealers or Manufature all thou Daimlyer/Chysler (sp) Does Sponsor it
:dunno: