PDA

View Full Version : Enclosed car transportation?

2EFNFAST
12-03-2008, 12:56 PM
I need to move one of my vehicles to Davenport for tuning, but it has to be an enclosed auto transport, not just a regular flatbed and tie a carcover around it and hope for the best.

i can't find anybody who does this locally?

Does anybody here know a firm that does this?

LMVantage
12-03-2008, 02:34 PM
Are you transporting it within Calgary? If so, why does it need to be enclosed? Towmasters is a great company to use. They've done a Saleen S7 a few times, among many, many other exotics, and there's never been an issue. They're just not enclosed.

calgarys_finest
12-03-2008, 02:40 PM
Originally posted by LMVantage
Are you transporting it within Calgary? If so, why does it need to be enclosed? Towmasters is a great company to use. They've done a Saleen S7 a few times, among many, many other exotics, and there's never been an issue. They're just not enclosed.

If my memory serves me right im pretty sure Davenport which he stated in his post above is in Iowa.

schocker
12-03-2008, 02:51 PM
Originally posted by calgarys_finest

If my memory serves me right im pretty sure Davenport which he stated in his post above is in Iowa.
Davenport is in the ne

maybe hansens:dunno:

funkedelic2
12-03-2008, 04:21 PM
if your just moving it locally i wouldn't bother wasting so much money on an enclosed trailer. If you were moving it across the country then that would be a different story.

2EFNFAST
12-03-2008, 05:15 PM
Originally posted by funkedelic2
if your just moving it locally i wouldn't bother wasting so much money on an enclosed trailer. If you were moving it across the country then that would be a different story.

No body, all my electronics are exposed. The last thing I need is salt/snow/slush/etc.... getting on it. Has to be enclosed.

I think I found somebody - $200 for going from SE to NE calgary. Seems fair, since a flatbed would be ~$100

Eleanor
12-03-2008, 06:33 PM
If this is for what I think it is, it might be easier to disassemble it and throw it in a U-Haul :rofl:

2EFNFAST
12-03-2008, 10:11 PM
Originally posted by Eleanor
If this is for what I think it is, it might be easier to disassemble it and throw it in a U-Haul :rofl:

:rofl:

:p