PDA

View Full Version : Good pizza in NW?

romi
12-03-2008, 08:28 PM
Is there any good Pizza Shops in the N.W preferably around Panorama Harvest Hill .

DJ_NAV
12-03-2008, 08:37 PM
Seniore's Pizza.. off beddington trail and 4th st NE?? not sure... google it up! its amazing!!!

2.2vtec
12-03-2008, 08:47 PM
Originally posted by DJ_NAV
Seniore's Pizza.. off beddington trail and 4th st NE?? not sure... google it up! its amazing!!!

Their pizza is loaded with grease I would not suggest them.

nonlinear
12-03-2008, 09:34 PM
^^plus, it's in the NE not the NW

not sure where panorama harvest hill is, but the best pizza in the NW can be found at:

1) Matador, located on shaganappi south of crowchild. AWESOME greek pizza, the ingredients they use are the best quality you can get anywhere in the world (esp. the flour, cheese and tomatoes for sauce). if you've been to il centro or sandros, you'll know what i mean in terms of quality ingredients (or see www.pizzamaking.com).

2) Pizza Bob's on kensington Rd just east of Crowchild. a somewhat unique/standout thin crust in the calgary scene. quality ingredients. the pie itself is similar to pizza tom's, but a bit different (dough allowed to rise so crust is more bubbly).

3) gondola pizza, locations on centre N and also northmount. awesome pie, awesome ingredients. Winnipeg-style thin crust, cut into squares (not triangles). some of my favorite in the city. also locations in SE and SW.

4) tom's house of pizza on edmonton trail south of mcknight. OK pie, not my fav but well-liked by a lot of people. good ingredients. i find the crust too dense (hasn't had enough time to rise) and also they way they put the toppings on, they cool down really quick, so I would suggest eating it in house rather than pick up or delivery.

nonlinear
12-03-2008, 09:36 PM
Oh, and also, I've heard people rave about Mother's Pizza, which apparently is located in the FAR north somewhere. I've never been there, but from what I hear they make a mean pie. do a search on Beyond, there are a couple of threads about it I believe.

rockwolf2001
12-03-2008, 09:45 PM
Als pizza 735 Ranchlands Blvd NW
403-241-2555

best pizza ever, its the only place i eat pizza now.
home made and the best crust ever, soft and bubbly!

nonlinear
12-03-2008, 09:49 PM
^^hey rockwolf, can you give a better description of the pizza?
like what genre (thin, NY, greek, arab LOL), what makes it stand out, etc? I'm always looking for new pie joints

Kritafo
12-03-2008, 10:19 PM
I do enjoy Mothers, haven't been in a while though. It's in a little strip mall.

Love the Thai Chicken pizza.

Mother's Pizza
Country Hills Landing NW
Calgary, AB T3K 5P4
(403) 295-8760‎

bubbley
12-03-2008, 10:28 PM
STOLOS
on 14th street and macewan drive by the cdn tire gas station..just exit of country hills...:poosie:

Trini
12-03-2008, 11:18 PM
Originally posted by bubbley
STOLOS
on 14th street and macewan drive by the cdn tire gas station..just exit of country hills...:poosie:

yea some good pizza there but expect long wait times if it is busy

some pretty nice servers as well

NA8
12-03-2008, 11:28 PM
there is a place in northmount called mona's pizza try it you won't be disappointed try meat lovers

Davetronz
12-04-2008, 03:13 PM
I really enjoy Mitilini's pizza. Its in Silver Springs next to the community police station... They have a really different tasting crust and I've never been disappointed. I'd drive across the city for their pizza.

The Element
12-04-2008, 03:57 PM
+1 for both Al's and Mitilini's. To me, their pizza's are really similar. Thick soft crust, large toppings, lots of cheese. Neither of them are really greasy either.

rockwolf2001
12-06-2008, 02:31 AM
Originally posted by nonlinear
^^hey rockwolf, can you give a better description of the pizza?
like what genre (thin, NY, greek, arab LOL), what makes it stand out, etc? I'm always looking for new pie joints

for sure
im almost certain the owner is Italian. in terms of pizza its classic traditional pizza. Very thick and soft and bubbly crust
everything is homemade, and the pizza is HUGE.
you can tell the ingredients are fresh and that the pizza is made when you order.
my two favorites are their Greek pizza and meat lovers
its not something you can describe, just something you gotta experience

Benny
12-06-2008, 04:34 AM
Originally posted by rockwolf2001

for sure
im almost certain the owner is Italian. in terms of pizza its classic traditional pizza. Very thick and soft and bubbly crust
you can tell the ingredients are fresh and that the pizza is made when you order.

Haha yeah Al's is awesome. Dammit, I'm not in town anymore and can't find a place like that.

oilerfan4lyfe
12-08-2008, 04:21 PM
Eh I tried Mother's Pizza last year when they had a good deal - I thought it was kind of gross - they also put barely any cheese on the pizza.

Maybe it's changed but I know I was horribly disappointed.

nonlinear
12-08-2008, 05:41 PM
Originally posted by rockwolf2001

for sure

oh that sounds like i'll have to check that place out! too bad it's so far in the north, and i live just minutes from il centro, a tom's, and a gondola! lol oh well if i'm ever in the area.