PDA

View Full Version : encounter with a toyota echo

2000impreza
05-28-2002, 11:26 PM
i was driving home and a toyota echo comes from behind does a ricer flyby. i didn't think much of it cause i didn't really want to race. the echo slows down, waits for me and takes off, i'm thinking WTF is he doing, so i chase after him and easily put a few car lengths on him. we get up to a redlight, the echo didn't rev or anything so i assumed he had enough. light turns green and he takes off so i chase after him again. at the end of first gear for me i was dead even and slightly pulling. 2nd i pulled 6-7 carlengths. as soon as i hit 3rd i shut it down cause i couldn't see the echo anymore. i was surprised i could pull that much on the echo when i had another passenger(sister) and the AC was on the whole time. the echo had no passengers, just the driver. he had a stick. my car is a automatic. i was surprised with the outcome. i'm not much of a street racer so i usually don't do anything but the echo was asking for it :madred:

Ben
05-28-2002, 11:28 PM
Echos are beyond slow...dont be surprised man...he should be so fortunate to not roll that thing while performing a subtle lane change, let along a strong wind gust or a banked corner.

GTS Jeff
05-28-2002, 11:42 PM
Having driven one for about a week, I can tell you that YES they are slow. Quiet though, a very quiet engine.

GT Chick
05-29-2002, 12:05 AM
haha yeah it was pretty funny when that pimped out echo pulled up beside us... :clap: the guy looked so surprised when we blew by him. Oh yeah the AC was on :rofl: i was the one that pointed that out.

legendboy
05-29-2002, 12:15 AM
Originally posted by Benny
he should be so fortunate to not roll that thing while performing a subtle lane change, let along a strong wind gust or a banked corner.

hehehe

RiceCake
05-29-2002, 12:47 AM
Originally posted by Jeff TYPE R
Having driven one for about a week, I can tell you that YES they are slow. Quiet though, a very quiet engine.

when ur lacking in power like that... i doubt it'd be very loud anyways :duh: :)

G
05-29-2002, 11:38 AM
The worst are the Corolla S drivers...they think they are driving a BMW or something crazy like that :rofl:

ScCab
05-29-2002, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by GSpot
The worst are the Corolla S drivers...they think they are driving a BMW or something crazy like that :rofl:

what are you talking about....have you seen my S
it drives and handles better than my bmw plus I get some awesome gas mileage fool:bigpimp:

spyguy
05-29-2002, 11:56 PM
Originally posted by ScCab

it drives and handles better than my bmw plus I get some awesome gas mileage fool:bigpimp:

BOW DOWN!

buh_buh
05-30-2002, 01:41 AM

it drives and handles better than my bmw plus I get some awesome gas mileage fool:bigpimp: :hitit:
HAHAHAHA.
:thumbsup:

RiceCake
05-30-2002, 06:50 AM

TRD power! :thumbsup: :bigpimp:

Big_Six_Boy
06-01-2002, 01:45 AM
My money is still on the BMW over ANY Corolla S... :D

gpomp
06-01-2002, 02:04 AM
I've heard some people say that Echo's are fast or something.

mwmhong
06-01-2002, 10:23 AM
There is an Echo downtown I see almost everyday with big chromed rims and low profile tires, which is the only reason it looks decent at all. It's driven by lady in her late 30's or 40's.

"Nothing can stop an echo."