PDA

View Full Version : TX2K9 - Supra Nationals meet

redmethods
12-05-2008, 11:24 AM
This is The Grand Daddy of all Supra meets.
It starts on March 19 & ends on March 22. I plan on making the trip down this year (not with my car, but flying). Just wondering if any one else is making the trip. Maybe we can get a little group from Alberta to make the trip.
All info can be found:
http://www.supraforums.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=140
Here is a little break down.

Thursday March 19th - Road Racing at MSR Houston Friday March 20th - Dyno Day and Show-N-Shine at Lonestar Motorsports Park followed by Test-N-Tune drag racing
Saturday March 21th - Drag Racing and 60-130 at Lonestar Motorsports Park
Sunday March 22nd - We all caravan to the TX Mile
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The official TX2K9 hotel is Omni Houston Hotel Westside. The hotel is located approximately 25 minutes from Lonestar Motorsports Park and very close to the night meet location. It's off I-10 and is very accessible from the interstate.

Rates
Wednesday night March 18: $119 (30 rooms blocked)
Thursday night March 19: $119 (50 rooms blocked)
Friday night March 20: $99 (60 rooms blocked)
Saturday night March 21: $99 (60 rooms blocked)

Reservation Phone Number
1-800-THE-OMNI (1-800-843-6664)
YOU MUST BOOK YOUR ROOM BY MARCH 5TH OR YOU WILL NOT GET THE DISCOUNTED RATE LISTED ABOVE. THEIR NORMAL RATE IS $289/NIGHT!!!!!

Omni Address
13210 Katy Freeway
Houston, Texas 77079

Reservation Instructions
When you call to reserve, you MUST use the confirmation number "TX2K9 Car Show" and you must tell them it's for the Omni Houston Hotel Westside

Benefits
--Classy hotel
--Nice rooms
--Used to a "loud" crowd (they host a Harley Convention every year)
--Safe part of town
--Lots of parking for rigs/trailers
--Covered parking garage
--Security onsite
--20 to 25 minutes from the track (Lonestar)

If anyone needs more info or you cann't get on the site to check it out. Let me know & I'll try to find out for you.
Toby

kvanderlaag
12-05-2008, 11:40 AM
It's always a toss up which events in the states to go to - I still need to make SILV one of these days. There's talk of the next one - it's more likely than TX2K9 not because I have a strong preference for it, but because it runs later in the year.

The whole point, for me, is to take the car down when it's done. As it sits, there's no motor in it. I cannot commit to having it ready, plus having the funds to make the trip, for March.

I do entirely recommend this to anyone who owns, has owned, or wants to own a Supra, though - going to this will only confirm things you already suspected about them. They are badass.

Jason Lange
12-10-2008, 06:39 PM
I will be going this year. Supra will be finished within 2 weeks and be ready for the spring!!!

TurboD
12-10-2008, 07:11 PM
that would be a lifelong dream