PDA

View Full Version : 2008 K-1 World GP

Sakui77
12-06-2008, 02:54 AM
anyone watching it right now live on HDNet??

too bad aerts got tkoed

Sakui77
12-06-2008, 03:11 AM
zimmerman by majority decision
up next 3rd quarterfinal match
ruslan vs. saki

Sakui77
12-06-2008, 03:35 AM
saki by unanimous decision
up next final quaterfinal match
remy bonjasky vs. jerome le banner

semifinal match
badr hari vs. zimmerman
saki vs. winner of bonjasky and le banner

Sakui77
12-08-2008, 08:17 PM
hari by tko
bonjasky by tko

finals
bonjasky by UD

bonjasky is the 2008 K-1 world GP winner

teknical
12-08-2008, 08:36 PM
Hari got out of control at the end there, but then again I think he was going to get knocked out. Melvin Manhoef beat the fuck out of that Austrailian guy. I wish Banner made it farther, but he's been broken too many times.

liquidboi69
12-08-2008, 09:00 PM
Hari absolutely destroyed Aerts. And Remy always cries about his "injuries" jesus. I wanted to see that fight go on, they should have a rematch.

teknical
12-08-2008, 10:34 PM
They will rematch for sure, it was looking to be a good fight.

DelSoln
12-09-2008, 12:44 AM
I hope Kimbo really does end up fighting Hari in March. :rofl:

teknical
12-09-2008, 01:50 AM
:rofl: poor guy won't stand a chance!

I want to see Melvin Manhoef go at it with Anderson Silva :eek:

TKRIS
12-09-2008, 10:55 AM
K-1 officials say Hari's punishment won't end with the forfeit of his purse and the DQ. I wonder what else they've got planned for him.
While I totally agree that Remy is prone to playing up his injuries, it was a good call. You can't push the ref aside and boot someone in the head.
If K-1 is looking for a way to punish him further, and Hari obviously thinks he's fighting MMA, maybe they should force him to stand in front of Fedor...

If Hari wasn't such a retarded hothead, he'd have kept his fucking mouth shut and waited in his corner, and the fight may well have continued. At very least, he wouldn't have gotten red carded for being a dumbass and trying to start shit with Remy's corner. They might have gone to the cards and Remy would have won anyway, but at least Badr would have gotten paid.

That said, it would be a horrible decision on K-1's part to ban him. He's a really good fighter, and more of a draw now than ever. It would be different if it was a legitimate league, but everyone knows K-1 is corrupt as all sweet fuck, and K-1 fans LOVE shit like this. It's not like K-1 has a reputation to protect or anything. Plus, Badr/Kimbo is now worth millions of dollars more than it was a few days ago.

BigMass
12-09-2008, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by TKRIS
K-1 officials say Hari's punishment won't end with the forfeit of his purse and the DQ. I wonder what else they've got planned for him.
While I totally agree that Remy is prone to playing up his injuries, it was a good call. You can't push the ref aside and boot someone in the head.
If K-1 is looking for a way to punish him further, and Hari obviously thinks he's fighting MMA, maybe they should force him to stand in front of Fedor...

If Hari wasn't such a retarded hothead, he'd have kept his fucking mouth shut and waited in his corner, and the fight may well have continued. At very least, he wouldn't have gotten red carded for being a dumbass and trying to start shit with Remy's corner. They might have gone to the cards and Remy would have won anyway, but at least Badr would have gotten paid.

That said, it would be a horrible decision on K-1's part to ban him. He's a really good fighter, and more of a draw now than ever. It would be different if it was a legitimate league, but everyone knows K-1 is corrupt as all sweet fuck, and K-1 fans LOVE shit like this. It's not like K-1 has a reputation to protect or anything. Plus, Badr/Kimbo is now worth millions of dollars more than it was a few days ago.

I don't know how K-1 and Kimbo can even be mouthed in the same sentance. K-1 is for professionals. Even though Badr is an idiot, his skills are pro level. Kimbo is nothing more than the black Tank Abbott. I guess it would be funny to see him get KTFO, but i'd seriously worry about him suffering some serious brain injury from a kick to the head.

TKRIS
12-09-2008, 11:52 AM
Oh don't get me wrong. If that fight gets put together (as it has been rumored), Kimbo will be mauled, and he'll be lucky to get out of there without some form of lasting damage.

That said, K-1 loves freakshow fights like that.
Zuluzinho, Sapp, Butturbean, etc.

Outside the Grand Prix, K-1 couldn't possibly care less about professionals and competition. They do anything that they think will make money.

K-1 Grand Prix is, by and large (as there are exceptions) for professionals. Any other fights they put on are usually ridiculous sideshows.

Sakui77
12-10-2008, 10:06 PM
i guess le banner's arm wasnt broken since hes fighting Mark Hunt on the new years card under MMA rules

liquidboi69
12-11-2008, 01:29 AM
Banners gonna fight Hunt? He's gonna LOSE. Banner is terrible at MMA.