PDA

View Full Version : HELP..re Telus Client Care job..pre-assessment testing

cayjungrl
12-06-2008, 05:14 PM
Ok..here is the thing so if I am posting in the wrong spot please forgive me cos I am new to this site. I currently work for Faurecia Automotive Seating and as so many companies are, we are facing a plant closure and therefore I need to find work. I applied at and got a request for a pre-job assessment interview at telus doing Customer Care..client services..I am TERRIFIED of what exactly the testing will entail as I have not done anything but Manufacturing for 6 years..Does anyone here have any insights thru previous experience working for telus or having gone thru this process exactly what it is the test entails..PLEASE, any help u can give me i would so much appreciate. I need this gig as I am a single parent!!

03ozwhip
12-06-2008, 05:21 PM
its easy, its all common sense testing questions. i cant remmeber what it was exactly but for example which comes next x X y ? stupid shit like that and questions about client care, like how to handle situations and stuff. dont worry about it.

1997GSR
12-06-2008, 05:59 PM
i did it about 5 years ago. the first part of the selection is a written test like you would get in jr. high, matching shapes and what not. second part is an interview with two employees.

i have heard through the grapevine that telus plans to slash a ton of calgary based jobs in the new year.

thrasher22
12-06-2008, 09:25 PM
Originally posted by 1997GSR
i did it about 5 years ago. the first part of the selection is a written test like you would get in jr. high, matching shapes and what not. second part is an interview with two employees.

Haha partly that, it was a lot of tests to see how well you could identify and continue patterns (either with shapes or numbers). Its essentially a problem solving test, just clear you head before you go in, I got the job so it couldn't have been that hard haha.

Assuming this is a call center position, you'll also have a typing test.

Good luck!

CausalInfluence
12-06-2008, 09:36 PM
It is probably the simplest test you will ever take.

The hardest part is at the end when its a joint typing/multitask test. But if you are capable of talking on msn, reading beyond, and casually playing some medial game, then you are MORE then qualified.

Dont worry. Simple as shit.

cayjungrl
12-07-2008, 11:20 AM
Thanks guys for all the support, I am here tripping. I have to be honest I am alot older then most of you and my typing skills kinda suck. I can type but I look at the keyboard and I was told that I would have to use excel, and microsoft word and do a typing test where they look for speed. As for the patterning, i get the simple shyt with the abc's but what is the part about the shapes? If you donot do well on this test there is no interview so u can explain to them that u have the skills but that they just have not been used in a while and things change. I am good with people but aloty of the case scenario type questions are based on telus' policies and not always just common sense. I am questioning even going thru with the test.:eek:

a.dizzle
12-07-2008, 11:28 AM
Originally posted by cayjungrl
Thanks guys for all the support, I am here tripping. I have to be honest I am alot older then most of you and my typing skills kinda suck. I can type but I look at the keyboard and I was told that I would have to use excel, and microsoft word and do a typing test where they look for speed. As for the patterning, i get the simple shyt with the abc's but what is the part about the shapes? If you donot do well on this test there is no interview so u can explain to them that u have the skills but that they just have not been used in a while and things change. I am good with people but aloty of the case scenario type questions are based on telus' policies and not always just common sense. I am questioning even going thru with the test.:eek:

it's a simple test, the shape section is similar to an iq test but all in all really easy the 10 people in my testing group all got hired :dunno:

cayjungrl
12-07-2008, 11:58 AM
Thx dizzle my concern is the typing test..I suck at it. I can type but not fast. How important is the typing test or are they more concerned with how u handle customers?

Kritafo
12-07-2008, 12:13 PM
When is your test?

I recommend Mavis Beacon Typing, I bought this for my kids, it's fun and easy way to learn keyboarding without having to look. I think I paid about $10.00 for an older copy, and I know there are some free trials, and torrent for this. Or just google touch typing I am sure there are plenty of free ones.

Good luck, you will be fine.

CausalInfluence
12-07-2008, 12:20 PM
You have absolutely nothing to worry about with the "typing" test.

You dont have to be able to touch type 20WPM I an sure is their baseline.

The typing test consists of a sentence being spoken (via headset) and you typing it.

They are very short and easy sentences, with words that are used fairly often. I found that before they finished speaking the word or phrase I had it typed out as I recognised it.

Again I would NOT worry, this test is more about filtering out people whom dont know how to turn a computer on, vs someone with a moderate handle on popular functions.

there is absolutely no use of word/excel in the test. its all a propretairy software developed by TELUS.

If you feel asthough you have done poorly, you can always skip a part... then at the end they give you the option to take the test again. at which point they book you into another session...

cayjungrl
12-07-2008, 12:51 PM
Thanks Casual..I am feeling a bit better about the typing part. Can I ask what exactly it is that they are looking for? How important is the "patterning test" and the whole "shapes" thing. What are they? If u do not do well on the test in general do they just give u the kiss off or do they allow u more then one chance? So if u do do well on the testing mhow long is it befroe you hear anything and how many more phases are there before you get hired. I am kinda on a tight deadline as far as finding work goes. BTW, my interview is on Wednesday.

CausalInfluence
12-07-2008, 12:56 PM
The shapes thing is like an association test, simple and only one part of 5-6 I believe. You'll have to forgive me I took the test in 05 so Its been a little while.

If you do brutal and i mean just brutal on the test... they will tell you they ALWAYS phone you back either way. The test is really not that big of a deal. It sounds far more daunting then it actually is. As for appeals, you can appeal the test... they will retest you... pretty much as many times as you want. Telus is always hiring, because it is high stress... they lose the same amount of workers as they hire.

Typically they will call you back between 3-6 days of your test... sometimes the very next day, it depends how many people were in your session, and they book you a second interview. After said interview and a criminal check then you are pretty much hired... The process AFTER you test is quick... the longest period is waiting for a testing place.