PDA

View Full Version : Where to buy nice mens eyeglasses

LBG
12-06-2008, 08:49 PM
I was wondering if anyone knew where to get nice trendy eyeglasses from brands such as prada,gucci ect any info is good

dj_rice
12-06-2008, 08:51 PM
From Quality Optical eyewear, they're a sponsor on here

97'Scort
12-06-2008, 08:58 PM
Check out ic! berlin brand glasses. I will absolutely not go back to any other brand. They're on the expensive side (I've had Gucci and Prada before, but these are way better). Titanium frames, unique sprung hinge design that eliminates the little screws. They're just fantastic all around.

CausalInfluence
12-06-2008, 09:44 PM
Iris in market mall.

They have Prada/Gucci/Armani/D&G

nich148_9
12-06-2008, 10:52 PM
Costco.

You think I'm joking, but I'm not. I was surprised by their selection – I had (wrongly) assumed they'd only have own-brand glasses there – the guys there know what they're doing, and I found a great pair of Ray Bans (not sunglasses) for my hard-to-fit face. Oh, yeah. Frames, lenses and all the coatings still cost me less than $200. Standard optometrist markup for the lose :thumbsdow

dj_rice
12-06-2008, 10:55 PM
Originally posted by nich148_9
Costco.

You think I'm joking, but I'm not. I was surprised by their selection – I had (wrongly) assumed they'd only have own-brand glasses there – the guys there know what they're doing, and I found a great pair of Ray Bans (not sunglasses) for my hard-to-fit face. Oh, yeah. Frames, lenses and all the coatings still cost me less than $200. Standard optometrist markup for the lose :thumbsdow

They are awesome IF you don't care about what brand your getting, they do have Guess, Nike, DKNY and a few others but I havent seen any Prada, Gucci or higher end brand names but for the price of the frames + the options of the lenses and price altogether they are hard to beat, and they're warranty/exchange is the best by far...in fact, I'm wearing a pair of Costco eyeglasses right now :thumbsup:

drsomebody
12-06-2008, 11:13 PM
try Sunglass hut at the mall, they have a pretty decent selection.

bashir26
12-06-2008, 11:21 PM
Online?

toyboy88
12-06-2008, 11:23 PM
If you want "high-end designer" glasses from less "mainstream" brands that everybody seems to have these days Prada/Gucci/etc. for glasses nowadays, go to Brass Monocle on 17th.

Frames are generally at least ~$400+ though, but they have some NICE stuff there.

Boomph
12-06-2008, 11:46 PM
I always get mine from Golden Opitcal inside Dragon City in China Town...they have a tonne of high end brand name glasses

and if you want Prada, they just received a batch in 2 weeks ago! as I was told when the lady called me to told me new stuff was in

ricosuave
12-07-2008, 12:13 AM
^ what are the price ranges, boomph?

realazy
12-07-2008, 12:52 PM
I like Jenny's optical on center street near 16th Ave. It's sort of by Shikiji's japanese restaurant.

They have a good selection of designer brands. They also have some japanese brands I've never heard of before that look quite good and are cheaper.

They always have like 30% off or something like that, I've never really seen it at full price. After the 30% off it's usually around $200-300 for designer frames and lenses will depend on how bad your eyes are.

You can always bargain though, it's an Asian place. ;)

nich148_9
12-07-2008, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by dj_rice

They are awesome IF you don't care about what brand your getting, they do have Guess, Nike, DKNY and a few others but I havent seen any Prada, Gucci or higher end brand names but for the price of the frames + the options of the lenses and price altogether they are hard to beat, and they're warranty/exchange is the best by far...in fact, I'm wearing a pair of Costco eyeglasses right now :thumbsup:

When I was in there, they had some Gucci ones (along with other high-end names) that I was considering.

Stealth22
12-07-2008, 12:56 PM
Not sure how high-end you're looking for, but Lenscrafters is pretty decent..

Boomph
12-07-2008, 01:46 PM
Originally posted by Boomph
I always get mine from Golden Opitcal inside Dragon City in China Town...they have a tonne of high end brand name glasses

and if you want Prada, they just received a batch in 2 weeks ago! as I was told when the lady called me to told me new stuff was in

If you are looking for Prada's they usualy go for high $200 - mid $400

Calvin Kelin stuff are in the $200-$300 range and Armani's are about the same as Pradas

they usually have 20 - 30% off frames and free eye checks if you purchase frames from them.

Weapon_R
12-07-2008, 01:53 PM
Quality Optical is run by a great bunch of guys. I'd recommend them. They should have all the high-end designers from what I remember.

Spoons
12-07-2008, 08:51 PM

Werd.

Mine are broken to shit now... but I have had my glasses for over three years or something now (I go through glasses regularly) and they are being held together by super glue, I'm just too lazy to go out and get new ones.

Costco is best bang for your buck! If you needed the glasses that day, I usually get frames from there, then head to lenscrafters or something and just get lenses put in that day. Otherwise you have to send them away with costco, but its worth it for the money you save.

Everlast
12-08-2008, 08:31 AM
I find the eye glass place across from Crave cupcakes in kensington has really nice selection. They're expensive though with frames being 400+

I just jot down the model number on the frame and go to Visions on Center st and 3? Ave and get them to order it.

I've gotten a few pairs of glasses there (Hugo Boss, D&G, ..etc) with good lenses for under 300 in the end.
They'll also work the exam prices into a reduced price of your glasses too if you know how to ask =)

core_upt
12-08-2008, 09:09 AM
Quality Care in Bridgeland is quite good - nice staff.
Eye Candy on 17th Ave has an awesome selection too, all the designer stuff, plus quite a few good brands from Europe you don't see elsewhere.
Online will be your cheapest, but some insurance companies won't cover them.
Anyone checked out Hakim Optical??

el-nino
12-08-2008, 10:49 AM
Ottica Fisally on 17th is great!

Quickstrike
12-08-2008, 11:51 PM
Originally posted by nich148_9
Costco.

Wow that came out cheap. When I bought my Prada's @ Costco it came close to $700. I think the thin lenses add up?

They get the high-end brands. You just have to keep your eye out for changes to the current stock. They sell out of the good stuff quickly.

4wslude
12-15-2008, 08:20 PM
edit - sponsors only for advertising. Thanks.

big A
12-15-2008, 08:26 PM
I saw some awesome looking frames at eyeclectic eyewear in Willow park but their prices were crazy.
I had a plan to pick out ones I like and then come home and google the name to hopefully find them cheaper.By the time I got home I forgot part of the name.
Can anyone help me out, the name was "Anne de (something)" and the model was Tuscan.
Do you carry those at Quality Care.I think I will check it out anyways.
Thanx

4wslude
12-16-2008, 08:55 PM
Originally posted by big A
I saw some awesome looking frames at eyeclectic eyewear in Willow park but their prices were crazy.
I had a plan to pick out ones I like and then come home and google the name to hopefully find them cheaper.By the time I got home I forgot part of the name.
Can anyone help me out, the name was "Anne de (something)" and the model was Tuscan.
Do you carry those at Quality Care.I think I will check it out anyways.
Thanx

I dont have those but if you can get e the exact name I should be able to get them from one of my suppliers as I deal with alot of different suppliers.

jdmSiR
12-16-2008, 10:11 PM
ive always gone to quality optical, good people, fair prices

plusma
12-18-2008, 07:45 PM
Original Post Removed. (Please read the Forum Rules and Terms of Use (http://forums.beyond.ca/articles.php?action=data&item=1) before posting again, or risk getting banned).

JRSC00LUDE
12-18-2008, 07:47 PM
EDIT - Point made.

plusma
12-18-2008, 07:50 PM
Original Post Removed. (Please read the Forum Rules and Terms of Use (http://forums.beyond.ca/articles.php?action=data&item=1) before posting again, or risk getting banned).

1997GSR
12-18-2008, 07:51 PM
Originally posted by plusma
Original Post Removed. (Please read the Forum Rules and Terms of Use before posting again, or risk getting banned).

[/url]

High-end frames at affordable prices.

Good shit

chickpea
12-18-2008, 11:44 PM
Ive always gone to the guys at quality care optical in bridgeland, they have always taken care of me and my friends. Just make sure you let them know your from beyond, they will take care of you.

CLiVE
12-18-2008, 11:46 PM
try them on at the store, buy from framesdirect
I have ordered several pairs from there at a fraction of the cost.

big A
12-30-2008, 10:28 AM
I found a website of the brand I like.
beduopticien
The model I want is "toscana" except with orange instead of blue.Can you let me know 4wslude.
Thanx

Wehbeast
12-30-2008, 10:50 AM
eyecicle in whitehorn - Jalal is a stand up guy:thumbsup:

4wslude
01-20-2009, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by big A
I found a website of the brand I like.
beduopticien
The model I want is "toscana" except with orange instead of blue.Can you let me know 4wslude.
Thanx

i have those, but the brand name is Krave, but they look the same

Dylan12
06-23-2010, 11:51 PM

TYMSMNY
06-24-2010, 12:00 AM
try "+ma" on 6th ave and... (by the condos)

Picked up a nice Tag Heuer L-type last Christmas.

HiSpec
06-24-2010, 12:25 AM
+ma Eyewear

JordanEG6
06-24-2010, 12:33 AM
From Quality Optical eyewear, they're a sponsor on here

Originally posted by Weapon_R
Quality Optical is run by a great bunch of guys. I'd recommend them. They should have all the high-end designers from what I remember.

Not sure if this was asked or answered already, but where are they located?

codetrap
06-24-2010, 08:49 AM
I bought my last set of nike titaniums from go-optic Top of the line lenses with the frames and it was just under half the cost of getting them in calgary. It would have just over $950 if I bought them locally.

Further to this, I was able to convince the glasses shop in 5th Ave place to price match the frames, but the couldn't touch the lenses. The Frames were $390 at the local shop, and $161 on go-optic. All I did was show up with the ad, and the lady didn't even hesitate for a moment. Just said, yup, we can match that. The lenses were a different story. To match the Crizal Alize with the AR coating, it was going to be $280/lense. Go-optic was $208 for both lenses.

Nike 6063 Frames $161.95
Hi-index Plastic 1.6 Custom Lenses $129
Crizal Alize Anti-Reflective Coating $79.
Shipping was $32.
Total: $401.95
No GST or PST or Duty.

takkyu
06-24-2010, 09:49 AM
I have only been able to find glasses that suit me well at Iris. Currently sporting banana republic of all brands.. previously had Diesel.

logix
06-24-2010, 09:57 AM
+ma eyewear is located at 6 ave & 10 st sw
The new second location is on the lower level of fashion central (1 st & 8 av sw)

eb0i
06-24-2010, 10:11 AM
Originally posted by logix
+ma eyewear is located at 6 ave & 10 st sw
The new second location is on the lower level of fashion central (1 st & 8 av sw)

Is this place pretty high end?

The Wanderer
06-24-2010, 10:19 AM
I can not say enough about Quality Optical.

I have purchased my glasses as well as a pair of sports glasses from them.

There price was great. On the sports glasses they did not have what I wanted in stock so they ordered a similar pair. They matched the price of competitor and included better lenses than the competitor had.

There after care is also great. After a couple of years the spring inside the arm of my glasses broke. They ordered the replacement arms in and the cost to replace them was very very inexpensive.

I have sent a few friends to them and they have also been pleased with the service.

Once again, they have price, service, and quality.

How can you go wrong

rage2
06-24-2010, 10:32 AM
I tried Quality Optical a few months ago and they did not have any stock of TAG Heuer sunglasses. I tried calling EVERYWHERE in town with no luck. Some stocked minimal frames, but I was looking specifically for their sunglasses line. I ended up buying them online. Most comfortable sunglasses I've ever owned.

I bought a second pair in Vancouver this weekend. They're available in tons of places down in Van. Kinda sucks that it's not readily available in Calgary.

I've been trying to hunt down a set of c-flex Carbon Fibre frames, but have had no luck yet, anywhere.

Aerobat
06-24-2010, 11:10 AM

codetrap
06-24-2010, 12:42 PM
Damn.. there's a ton of mod editing going on this thread!
:eek:

logix
06-24-2010, 05:58 PM
Originally posted by eb0i

Is this place pretty high end?

It ranges from low to high, something for everyone haha.

logix
06-24-2010, 06:02 PM
Originally posted by rage2
I tried Quality Optical a few months ago and they did not have any stock of TAG Heuer sunglasses. I tried calling EVERYWHERE in town with no luck. Some stocked minimal frames, but I was looking specifically for their sunglasses line. I ended up buying them online. Most comfortable sunglasses I've ever owned.

I bought a second pair in Vancouver this weekend. They're available in tons of places down in Van. Kinda sucks that it's not readily available in Calgary.

I've been trying to hunt down a set of c-flex Carbon Fibre frames, but have had no luck yet, anywhere.

+MA has a good selection of Tag Heuer eyeglasses and I think ~3 pieces from their sunglasses line.

stevieo
06-24-2010, 06:18 PM
+ma is good. good selection.

alex and martin are good guys :thumbsup: