PDA

View Full Version : For all the late night people...

the_last_chance
12-07-2008, 12:20 AM
Anybody know of spots at the U of C other than the info commons that are open 24/7? So far, the only spot ive seen open is the science theatres building. If anyone should know any, that would be great. Thanks

Team_Mclaren
12-07-2008, 12:23 AM
cpsc lab. im the only one of my kind here lol

if you get into certain buildings before they are locked, they wont kick you out either. I have studied overnight in education, scurfield, earth science, math science etc. Pretty much everywhere is "open".

Gainsbarre
12-07-2008, 01:05 AM
I've been in places like Scurfield overnight a few times, but this was back in 2002-2005.

Not sure why places like Social Science are locked now. I remember back when I was a full time student at the U of C the doors there were never be shut.

VW337
12-07-2008, 01:10 AM
Kines is open as long as you get in there before they lock up. The janitors will come around and clean the room your in but they don't care and they're pretty quick.

sexualbanana
12-07-2008, 03:45 AM
Originally posted by Team_Mclaren
cpsc lab. im the only one of my kind here lol

I find it hard to believe you'd be the only asian guy in the computer science lab... :D

Team_Mclaren
12-07-2008, 03:48 AM
Originally posted by sexualbanana

I find it hard to believe you'd be the only asian guy in the computer science lab... :D

because theres only one person here, and thats me lol:rofl:

r0g3r
12-07-2008, 04:30 AM
is there any quiet place?

I like going to social sciences hall between the upper crust and science theatres; its got great lighting and plenty of space.

but nowadays there are too many people there and talking and talking and talking...gahhh so annoying!:banghead:

jsn
12-07-2008, 05:04 AM
alot of places are "open". As long as you are there before they close/lock the doors, and don't leave or you'll get locked out. We once stayed in a room in Murray Frasier hall overnight. They locked the door behind us but they didn't kick us out.

Ebon
12-07-2008, 12:24 PM
Originally posted by r0g3r
is there any quiet place?

I like going to social sciences hall between the upper crust and science theatres; its got great lighting and plenty of space.

but nowadays there are too many people there and talking and talking and talking...gahhh so annoying!:banghead: :rofl: Im probably one of those people nowadays. I used to go there to study but ive gotten to know way too many people that pass through there often and get dragged into talking.

For a quiet place i usually shut myself away in the upper floors of the library or in the library inside the education building.

r0g3r
12-07-2008, 02:10 PM
i hate law library now...i used to liek it but i cant stand being in that lil dinky carrel.

gallagher library used to be good but again full of noisy kids and it closes waaaay too early.

I find the library buildings close early.

AND EBON! QUIET DOWN!! i need to study! lol well i understand seeing someone and what not but most people in that hall are pretty much yelling and talkin so loud and gahh its really hard to study with that.

msommers
12-07-2008, 02:12 PM
The library if you can hide well enough! We ordered deep dish at 1am one night hahahah met the guy at the door. Damn group projects:rofl:

jwslam
12-07-2008, 02:48 PM
you find some lecture room and you spend all the time in the world there until some randoms walk in wondering why you're in "their" room

Team_Mclaren
12-07-2008, 05:56 PM

AND EBON! QUIET DOWN!! i need to study! lol well i understand seeing someone and what not but most people in that hall are pretty much yelling and talkin so loud and gahh its really hard to study with that.

you want quiet and you chose the hallway? really?:rolleyes: :facepalm:

r0g3r
12-08-2008, 12:22 AM
Well classes are done.

im' pretty sure people dont come to university to chil, they're coming to study, so why not be courteous?

just a thought :dunno:

does anyone know if you can use lecture rooms w/out campus security kicking you out?

Team_Mclaren
12-08-2008, 12:23 AM

does anyone know if you can use lecture rooms w/out campus security kicking you out?

you also dont like to read do you?

r0g3r
12-08-2008, 12:32 AM
I know you mentioned getting into buildings before they're locked.

But i was actually wondering about lecture rooms. The reason I was asking about that is because I see campus security usually walk by and lock up the rooms.

I dont think they care if you're in a hallway or desk or something but I am not sure if they let you stay in lecture rooms.

any experiences?

BananaFob
12-08-2008, 12:53 AM
I know you mentioned getting into buildings before they're locked.

But i was actually wondering about lecture rooms. The reason I was asking about that is because I see campus security usually walk by and lock up the rooms.

I dont think they care if you're in a hallway or desk or something but I am not sure if they let you stay in lecture rooms.

any experiences?

Yes they do. Get into one early and no one will bother you.

Team_Mclaren
12-08-2008, 12:58 AM
Originally posted by jsn
alot of places are "open". As long as you are there before they close/lock the doors, and don't leave or you'll get locked out. We once stayed in a room in Murray Frasier hall overnight. They locked the door behind us but they didn't kick us out.

Originally posted by jwslam
you find some lecture room and you spend all the time in the world there until some randoms walk in wondering why you're in "their" room

sneek
12-08-2008, 08:47 AM
Originally posted by Team_Mclaren

:rofl: :facepalm:

Although it is finals time....lol my brain has stopped working.

7thgenvic
12-08-2008, 08:51 AM
I think the best place to do work is if you find empty rooms in EDU. I use to study in Scurf. The great thing is the study rooms in the basement, but your fucked if you leave them alone and try to get back in after 11pm.

Other than that. I HATED basement Mcimmie* because of all the noisy fuckers who "pretend" to study and just chat.

jwslam
12-08-2008, 09:06 AM
lecture rooms don't get locked up unless there's a projector in it
so i've been told
cuz on saturday i got kicked out of one and the guy said to go find a room that doesn't have a projector in it and he won't lock it

sneek
12-08-2008, 09:30 AM
Originally posted by 7thgenvic
I think the best place to do work is if you find empty rooms in EDU. I use to study in Scurf. The great thing is the study rooms in the basement, but your fucked if you leave them alone and try to get back in after 11pm.

Other than that. I HATED basement Mcimmie* because of all the noisy fuckers who "pretend" to study and just chat.
So true!
I go there sometimes if I need to get work done, but don't mind being disturbed.

r0g3r
12-08-2008, 03:54 PM
basement mackimmie is good but yeah too many people talking. Also really crowded.

This year all libraries are much more crowded than before. It sucks when you can't even find a seat.

anyway, good luck for finals everyone :thumbsup:

diamondedge
12-08-2008, 07:42 PM
Ditto on MacKimmie library. I can NEVER find a seat when I WANT to find a quiet place.

Gay.

3rd floor ICT or 5th floor tower for me!

realazy
12-08-2008, 07:58 PM
Roger, any of your friends in mech should have 24hr access to the mech building. That's always a great place to study. With cheap snacks and pop, and even a fooseball table when you're bored.

I know you're in civil but you have to know some mechies to study with.

r0g3r
12-08-2008, 08:39 PM
I never have trouble finding a spot to study in the mackimmie library top floors...also walking up there is good exercise also.

also the engineering building removed all its desks in the C block and replaced them with ugly ass couches?

meh

i never did an all nighter though.

civic_epidemic
12-09-2008, 05:45 PM
The CPSC lab is awesome, albeit sometimes a little bit cold. I usually just do everything that I need to do from home now and just test out the programs at school.

icky2unk
12-12-2008, 07:19 PM
Scurf, past 11pm its next to dead.

Basement will always have people and if you get a room, make sure you have someone it it past 10pm or else your going to get locked out.

Neil4Speed
12-12-2008, 07:22 PM
Anyone staying at school late tonight? I am going to be here till at least 12 I think