PDA

View Full Version : 04 viper srt 10

Cutestlilgirl
09-27-2003, 12:54 PM
this came rolling into my work on friday...i talked to the guy and he waited a year to get it and just got it last week...he paid 120k for it...his last car was a 00 viper gts...man it was so sweet...hes a pic of one but his was silver......i was lucky enough to get to undercoat like 2 panels on the botton of it cause the rest was either carbon fibre or plastic...when it came rolling in me and the other guys were just like:eek: :eek:

Dj_Stylz
09-27-2003, 01:34 PM
Damn!

pinoyhero
09-27-2003, 02:40 PM
Damn wouldn't mind a ride in that beast.

sandman
09-27-2003, 05:30 PM
:bigpimp: :bigpimp: :burnout: :burnout: :drool:

djfob
09-27-2003, 06:04 PM
now thats pimp:hitit:

tommy1223
09-27-2003, 06:39 PM
:bigpimp: :bigpimp: :eek: :eek:

Toms-Celica
09-27-2003, 07:21 PM
There was one racing at the track last night

tommy1223
09-27-2003, 07:23 PM
Originally posted by Toms-Celica
There was one racing at the track last night

against who? and who won?

TurboCarrera
09-27-2003, 08:09 PM
was the silver 1 from courtesy chrysler? my dad knows the manager there and asked if he could take it home, but sadly he was denied.

Alpine Autowerks
09-27-2003, 09:00 PM
What a shame ...........spraying that crap on the bottom of a nice car like that

rice_eater
09-27-2003, 11:45 PM
now now guys...it's a dodge so it MUST be a POS since it's a domestic!

very nice car :thumbsup:

Alpine Autowerks
09-27-2003, 11:51 PM
I'm talkin bout the undercoating not the car

roopi
09-28-2003, 12:32 AM
overpriced car. for 120k there are so many better choices.

sandman
09-28-2003, 12:43 AM
buy a TT suypa or Z and dump lkike 35 grtasnd and have a fucking fsat car anddd then gge like SIV for wintrer w/ like 20s and 4 screens

rice_eater
09-28-2003, 12:53 AM
Originally posted by roopi

MAYBE...but what is the best known/most respected/most wanted car in the world? THE VIPER!

Ebbsvette
09-28-2003, 01:21 AM
Originally posted by rice_eater

MAYBE...but what is the best known/most respected/most wanted car in the world? THE VIPER!

ur prolly thinkin bout the viper venom

spike7ss
09-28-2003, 01:34 AM
Anyone else notice the sign in the background, classic :werd: :banghead:

Boostn
09-28-2003, 02:06 AM
Can't wait to see a hardtop version like the last gen Viper GTS coupe.

finboy
09-28-2003, 02:44 AM

look at toma's 1200 dollar omni that outran one twice at race city :clap: :thumbsup: :rofl:

fast95pony
09-28-2003, 07:15 AM
Originally posted by sandman
buy a TT suypa or Z and dump lkike 35 grtasnd and have a fucking fsat car anddd then gge like SIV for wintrer w/ like 20s and 4 screens

Please put the crack pipe down....

Weapon_R
09-28-2003, 06:25 PM

Actually, for the price, it's a pretty good bargain. It hangs out with the best exotics, and at half the price.

The NSX, now thats an overpriced car....:)

Toma
09-28-2003, 07:11 PM
Yeah, no shit.... the Viper is probably the BEST ENGINEERED car in its price range. 500 ft lbs (under rated), with a 7 year warranty :D If you are a true car enthusiast, and know what to look for, go and look at one.... look at the details, the engineering, ducting, ariflow control etc.... the car is meant to be run hard and put away wet without failing.....

Now.....bolt on a Y-trim supercharger kit to that puppy :thumbsup:

Toms-Celica
09-28-2003, 10:48 PM

Hey ricer, what else can you get for 120K that has that kind of stats?
:rolleyes:

Hakkola
09-28-2003, 11:45 PM

That's what I thought, until now I thought they cost like 90k max.

MK3HKS
09-29-2003, 12:32 AM
Originally posted by fast95pony

Please put the crack pipe down....

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHA

roopi
09-29-2003, 01:42 AM
sorry double post

roopi
09-29-2003, 01:44 AM

i'd save a few $$$ and go for a Z06. then buy some type r badges and that should make me fast enough for the viper

benyl
09-29-2003, 09:16 AM
Originally posted by Toma
Yeah, no shit.... the Viper is probably the BEST ENGINEERED car in its price range. 500 ft lbs (under rated), with a 7 year warranty .........

the car is meant to be run hard and put away wet without failing.....

I can't say anything about the new one. But the G1 was a piece. When I was in University, I got to work on the set of that show Viper when it was in town.

Of course, they were beating the shit out of the cars, but they could never get them started. And when they did, they sounded like absolute shit... missing cylinders, etc... The grey ones with the guns under the door sills looked cool. Some of those weren't even real vipers.

Didn't get to drive any... just saying... yes it was a domestic... and yes it wasn't very reliable.

Hopefully the new one is!

Ebbsvette
09-29-2003, 12:01 PM

i'd save a few $$$ and go for a Z06. then buy some type r badges and that should make me fast enough for the viper

yea...ZO6....liginf. s/c kit.....cheaper and faster :thumbsup:

Davan
09-29-2003, 01:00 PM

Ricer??? He drives a LINCOLN!

finboy
09-29-2003, 05:32 PM
Originally posted by benyl

I can't say anything about the new one. But the G1 was a piece. When I was in University, I got to work on the set of that show Viper when it was in town.

Of course, they were beating the shit out of the cars, but they could never get them started. And when they did, they sounded like absolute shit... missing cylinders, etc... The grey ones with the guns under the door sills looked cool. Some of those weren't even real vipers.

Didn't get to drive any... just saying... yes it was a domestic... and yes it wasn't very reliable.

Hopefully the new one is!

correct me if i'm wrong, but aren't cars used on movie sets, and tv shows built cheaply so they can keep costs down. wasn't there a whole legal issue with the "viper" show selling cars after they used them on the show that weren't even roadworthy?

Originally posted by Ebbsvette

yea...ZO6....liginf. s/c kit.....cheaper and faster :thumbsup:

Twin Turbo
:thumbsup:

Toms-Celica
09-29-2003, 06:12 PM
Originally posted by Davan

Ricer??? He drives a LINCOLN!

My fault :D

Mike1109
10-14-2003, 08:03 PM
That's hot.

Wildcat
10-14-2003, 08:22 PM
isnt a zo6 alot cheaper than the viper?

Hakkola
10-14-2003, 10:07 PM
About 50 grand cheaper, I think when I was at the dealer a couple years ago there was a z06 for 72 000 or so.

5.9 R/T
10-14-2003, 11:07 PM
Originally posted by benyl

Now correct me if I'm wrong but that show used the cars with the side exit exhaust? Now if you knew anything about vipers you would know that those early vipers sounded like UPS trucks since each exhaust was only fed off of 5 cylinders, and was not crossflowed like it is on the current gen. Also they all rode on viper chassis, just modified. Some carried the 360 (5.9 V8) with an auto trans and modified dakota 4X4 driveline. IIRC all the vehicles in the show were donated by dodge and were former test mules or press cars, so these cars were driven hard from day one and probably never saw a proper break in.

rice_eater
10-15-2003, 12:22 AM
Originally posted by finboy

correct me if i'm wrong, but aren't cars used on movie sets, and tv shows built cheaply so they can keep costs down. wasn't there a whole legal issue with the "viper" show selling cars after they used them on the show that weren't even roadworthy?

yes... just like the fast and furious movies did

mwmhong
10-15-2003, 09:19 AM
Originally posted by 5.9 R/T

Now correct me if I'm wrong but that show used the cars with the side exit exhaust?

Yeah, the older RT/10's had side exhausts, just like the SRT-10.

I actually saw them filming in motel village back in 95-97 (?) they had a construction barricade with a guy standing there guarding it, and suddenly, down the alley ZZZRRRROOOOOOMMMMM! went the Viper. :D

JustinL
10-15-2003, 04:24 PM
Originally posted by sandman

Are you trying to say: buy a TT Supra or a 350Z and dump 35 grand and have a fucking fast car and then get a SUV for winter with like 20" wheels and 4 screens.

I thought I'd clear it up for people because I have nimble little fingers (I'm not just mashing the keyboard a la fat Homer). Good god man It's hard enough to understand what you are trying to say without the typos!

Justin

googe
10-15-2003, 06:02 PM
Originally posted by Toma
Yeah, no shit.... the Viper is probably the BEST ENGINEERED car in its price range. 500 ft lbs (under rated), with a 7 year warranty :D If you are a true car enthusiast, and know what to look for, go and look at one.... look at the details, the engineering, ducting, ariflow control etc.... the car is meant to be run hard and put away wet without failing.....

Now.....bolt on a Y-trim supercharger kit to that puppy :thumbsup:

Technically hes right I guess, even though the z06 is a far better engineered car, its only half the price :thumbsup:

Im not so impressed by 500 ft lbs out of 8.3 litres. The general consensus seems to be the handling is very sub-par on the viper as well. 0-60 is the same as the z06, quarter mile seems to be the same too, according to some timeslips people are claiming (which is admittedly kind of odd).

Sell the viper, buy a z06, take the extra cash, give it to lingenfelter, untouchable
:D

Wildcat
10-15-2003, 06:11 PM
Originally posted by googe
Sell the viper, buy a z06, take the extra cash, give it to lingenfelter, untouchable :D

my thoughts exactly.. AMEN BROTHA!

5.9 R/T
10-15-2003, 09:26 PM
Why not just buy a supera and dmpu 35 rngra toin ti nda ahve a ufkcing sfat cra? Adn iwth tehe xra cion yu coud upt t.v.s ni ti dna sith!

JustinL
10-15-2003, 09:45 PM
"Your fingers are too fat to operate the keys, if you would like to order a special typing wand, please mash the pad now."

:rofl:

Moe Man
10-15-2003, 09:49 PM
the reason for the viper not preforming as fast as it should it because the engine was ment for a pick up truck.....at least that was what i was told IMO:I would pay the extra $$ for a viper rather than a vett cuz every other johny has one

5.9 R/T
10-15-2003, 09:57 PM
ohterwya aorund meo man, teh B10 ni hte tucks wes mant fer hte vpier.

rice_eater
10-15-2003, 10:11 PM
corvettes are everywhere now...they dont have THAT big a name anymore...however watch a viper drive down the street and see everyone's eyes pop out of their head! EVERYONE will look a drool! The viper name didn't get so big WORLD WIDE for no reason!!!

C4S
10-15-2003, 10:44 PM
That look very nice ! I always see a red in in crowfoot ... ^*^

and for $ 120K ? good deal .. I think they are $ 130K plus tax tim ..

it is not a cheap car, but for the performance ... it is a bargain !
And the interior is way better then older Viper too .. but the origianl Viper is even more a bargain .. I think they were $70K 10 yrs ago ?
A ferrari 575 M offer about the same performance .. but .. 3.5 times more expensive ..... : o and of course .. I like the Ferrari better .. ha ha ..

But for $ 120K , I will buy a 1996 Porsche twin turbo ... ^_^
We all know German make the best Automobile !

Wildcat
10-15-2003, 11:03 PM
Originally posted by rice_eater
corvettes are everywhere now...they dont have THAT big a name anymore...however watch a viper drive down the street and see everyone's eyes pop out of their head! EVERYONE will look a drool! The viper name didn't get so big WORLD WIDE for no reason!!!

i agree that the viper does turn the heads of people like you. i also agree that corvette convertibles are played out (especially the yellow ones.. :barf: ) But its not often that you see a z06 cruise by.. although it wont get the looks the viper does, it can still keep pace with one.. thats one of the many things i love about that car.

PsI
10-17-2003, 11:15 AM
that car is too nice, i would buy it in a second

teknical
10-17-2003, 12:18 PM
"Please, No Burnouts when Leaving"
haha, where can I pick me up one of those/

Ebbsvette
10-18-2003, 11:18 AM
ok....a stock corvette doesnt really turn alot of heads, but it is easy, easy to make a corvette a head turner. Many companies make exterior pieces to dress up a corvette: Ligenfelter, Callaway, Rippie.....a full ligenfilter corvette isnt just engine. Its exterior as well, and ive seen a viper drive around, ive NEVER seen a fully done ligenfelter anywhere driving around