PDA

View Full Version : anyone else get into an accident today (dec7)?

Pages : [1] 2

wiggaplz
12-07-2008, 04:31 PM
today i was driving down 14st southbound and some asshole in a red 93-95 pathfinder was driving like a maniac and ended up spinning and fishtailing. I was driving 20 km lower then posted speed limit and the pathfinder caused someone behind him to fishtail causing me to stop abruptly and fishtail also. I came to a stop finally as I swerved into the other lane and a cavalier hit the passenger side door.

Just a couple questions....I didn't hit anybody- I got hit although conditions were EXTREMELY bad and i did fishtail to avoid other drivers...i'm expecting the worse that the insurance company's will say it's no one's fault...what happens after that? how long is it going to take for me to get a rental car? the car is a 96 jetta and im assuming the damage is close to 2-3 grand, I'm assuming I will probably just get book value for it? Also, what do you think the insurance company will actually say...my fault or his, because he crashed into me and he has almost zero damage.

And let this be a reminder that all it takes is one asshole in a rush to fuck it up for other drivers.

Accord_tunerx
12-07-2008, 04:32 PM
hows the snow? is it wet? sticky? ice?

funkedelic2
12-07-2008, 04:38 PM
Are the roads really bad in Calgary right now? My girlfriend is on her way back from Edmonton in my car and just called me to tell me that the traffic has come to a complete stop over by airdrie due to a few accidents.

It hasn't snowed at all down here yet.

saiyajin
12-07-2008, 04:46 PM
its pretty bad its wet snow so pretty slushy but its gets packed down and turns to ice quite quickly

max_boost
12-07-2008, 04:46 PM
Did you have snow tires?

wiggaplz
12-07-2008, 04:47 PM
Originally posted by Accord_tunerx
hows the snow? is it wet? sticky? ice?
I'd say a mixture of all 3...it was extremely icy the whole time driving on 14 street, I had already seen 2 people fishtail and I hadn't even left my community onto 14 street, lol

And teh crazy thing about it was...happened around 12:30pm and it still hadn't been snowplowed....ya gotta be kidding me.

wiggaplz
Originally posted by funkedelic2
Are the roads really bad in Calgary right now? My girlfriend is on her way back from Edmonton in my car and just called me to tell me that the traffic has come to a complete stop over by airdrie due to a few accidents.

It hasn't snowed at all down here yet.
pretty bad bro...all of country hills blvd is backed up

Redlyne_jr
definatly curbed my wheels on the imreza today :(

wiggaplz
12-07-2008, 04:48 PM
Originally posted by max_boost
Did you have snow tires?
all-seasons I believe....

wiggaplz
12-07-2008, 04:50 PM
Originally posted by ~Porsche~
definatly curbed my wheels on the imreza today :(
that sucks...i couldn't believe the way this maniac in his suv was driving....and then to force 2 other people to fishtail & he gets away scot free.....just pisses me off. I was doing everything right, and I get fucked...can anyone help me out with the questions I asked? How long does it normally take for insurance to asses the situation and get me rental...what do you think will happen considering the cop says it was kinda no one's fault really (thats probbaly the worst situation).

max_boost
12-07-2008, 04:53 PM
Originally posted by wiggaplz

all-seasons I believe....

Driving 20kms under posted limit, snow tires would have made a huge difference in this case. Just making a point on its importance.

Anyway, considering there's going to be hundreds of accidents, how fast do you think your insurance company can work?

I feel for the agents, they are going to be so fucked tomorrow. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

wardpr68
12-07-2008, 04:53 PM
my dad called me to tell me not to go anywhere. He went from Canyon Meadows to Douglasdale and said he saw a ton of accidents and abandoned cars.

That is the first time he has ever told me not to go anywhere... usually he just says go slow and be careful.

So it must be really bad.

Accord_tunerx
12-07-2008, 04:55 PM
interesting, i got winter tires so no biggie for just curious if i should go out and get some warm pho today thats all. lol.

winter tires + vsa + heavy boat car = win haha

wiggaplz
12-07-2008, 04:57 PM

Driving 20kms under posted limit, snow tires would have made a huge difference in this case. Just making a point on its importance.

Anyway, considering there's going to be hundreds of accidents, how fast do you think your insurance company can work?

I feel for the agents, they are going to be so fucked tomorrow. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
I agree man...but at the same time I don't feel sorry one big because these insurance companies make so much profit anyways, who cares..i guess its the peons in the company that get fucked over with the hard work but like i said these insurance companies make so much money how can i feel sorry for them.

And I agree about the tire part, but I'm a broke ass college student=for the loss.

wiggaplz
12-07-2008, 04:58 PM
Originally posted by wardpr68
my dad called me to tell me not to go anywhere. He went from Canyon Meadows to Douglasdale and said he saw a ton of accidents and abandoned cars.

That is the first time he has ever told me not to go anywhere... usually he just says go slow and be careful.

So it must be really bad.
yeah I totally regret it...it was all so I could study for an exam I had tommorow. I totally regret it considering while I was driving I was thinking 'fuck this, the conditions are way to shit I should turn back' and then BAM, accident time. At least the cop was a nice guy and the guy who hit me wasn't being a douchebag. I'm just pissed I'm out of a car for a little while. How long you guys think anywayS?

InLoveWitRSX
12-07-2008, 05:06 PM
opened my garage to see like 20 ft of snow (exaggeration), no but actually like 3 feet.. my car is a snow plow but still fun to drive in the snow :)... hopefully no accidents!

DNSRadio
12-07-2008, 05:06 PM
i have been home all day... so no accidents for me.. but
all i keep hearing is cops and firetrucks... i live by whitehorn so pretty close to the firestaion here... and every 10 mins or so i hear i sirens.....

is it just me or do people become stupid when snow hits the ground?

max_boost
12-07-2008, 05:13 PM

I agree man...but at the same time I don't feel sorry one big because these insurance companies make so much profit anyways, who cares..i guess its the peons in the company that get fucked over with the hard work but like i said these insurance companies make so much money how can i feel sorry for them.

And I agree about the tire part, but I'm a broke ass college student=for the loss.

Private business is in it for the $$$.

Yeah your repairs/settlement can take anywhere from a few weeks to a few months. You'll find out tomorrow.

Proyecto2000
12-07-2008, 05:19 PM
I tried going out earlier today and damn was it brutal. I slid 4 times and amost got side swipped by a person in a SUV who slid towards me as he was turning into my road. All of this without even getting out of my community. Went back home and then I could not make it back up the drive way :rofl:

black13
12-07-2008, 05:20 PM
Driving is really bad right now.
I have winters on my civic so it was good going 10 under speed limit but it was crazy how at a few uphill redlights that I passed, I saw a whole whack of cars in their all seasons unable to get going. Even a big truck carrying snow plowers was stuck. And accidents at almost most main intersections.

I did almost get in an accident with me waiting at stop sign and a Chinese lady turning right onto the street I was, she took the turn way too fast and if I hadn't backed up a bit when I saw her, my car would've definitely been hit. Not that I would've cared, I'd gladly get my winter beater written off and buy a better one.

Aleks
12-07-2008, 05:25 PM
I have snow tires on my car and I got stuck 3 times today on side streets :banghead: Time to get some different springs.

azn_ghetto
12-07-2008, 05:27 PM
ya it was pretty bad 2day

i just took it slower, good thing for 4wd and winter tires, there were alot of cars that couldnt make it up hills and such, country hills was a pain 2 get up

i was suprised on how many ppl couldnt make it up hills/abandon cars/ slippin and sliddin all over the place/ the whole works, i thought every1 who have winter tires or thought of purchasing winter tires would have already put them on already

usually we get 1st snow day in the end of oct early nov but this yr not until now.... i thought more ppl would have been prepared for it

bak 2 topic:
sorry 2 hear u got in an accident, i hope everything goes well

Gart
12-07-2008, 05:29 PM
I was actually very impressed with people's driving today. I expected to see numerous wipe outs and accidents but didn't.

Sorry to hear about yours', but overall good work everyone!

Isaiah
12-07-2008, 05:37 PM
OP:

Rental should be instant. In fact, you should be able to call your insurer today and have a claim number issued right away over the phone which you can use to get your rental.

The compensation from the insurance company should be less than 2 weeks, unless you're getting the vehicle repaired, in which case it depends on the backlogs at autobody shops. I went into a few in the summer to get some touch up work done and they quoted me a 3 month waiting period. Accidents take priority but only if the vehicles are in non-driveable condition.

Good luck. Accidents are such an awful experience to go through. I feel your pain.

As far as fault is concerned, if you swerved into his lane, you will probably be found at fault. However, in some instances when the driving conditions are bad enough, they will consider it no fault.

sillysod
12-07-2008, 05:41 PM
Snow tires + 4motion on wifes car and Quattro on mine made for fun driving conditions today.

no accidents for me. :D

I was just saying yesterday that the hot weather and dry roads are killing the winters.

davidm_86
12-07-2008, 06:03 PM
I drove all over the place today, only saw two accidents. First time in actual snow/ice with my MS3, though I was blown away how well it handles with a set of snows on it. (Way easier to drive in the snow than my old 4x4 w/ all seasons.)

Other than someone cutting me off a few times and nearly side swiping me in a merge lane, I had no issues. I had no troubles getting anywhere, plenty of grip and just made sure I was slowing down before the icy area approaching intersections.

To the OP, sucks to hear about the accident. Hopefully the insurance companies are understanding of poor weather.

v2kai
12-07-2008, 06:11 PM
i drove around all over today, malls, downtown main roads and residential in just my crappy little civic with some KW-11 and no problems here, saw one truck skid a teensy bit trying to make his turn a little too quick ,but made it in the end. and actually didnt see any accidents...no problems:dunno: bad luck on the accident, just drive safe and be aware and if it comes down to it i guess you have to let the asshole hit you so he takes fault:whipped:

Canmorite
12-07-2008, 06:18 PM
Snow tires could of helped, but who knows. People who rush, don't use signals, or turn on their lights ftl :thumbsdow

chkolny541
12-07-2008, 06:20 PM
Originally posted by Aleks
Time to get some different springs.

why new springs??

Sorath
12-07-2008, 06:23 PM
Lol I dunno if the winter tires I got were too shitty or w/e but even tough I could drive no problem. Still felt hella slippery. Almost spun going onto deerfoot. Drove alot better after putting the diff to lock

HiTempguy1
12-07-2008, 06:23 PM
Did it really get that much worse that quickly? I left Calgary on the north end at 7:00pm last night, wasn't too bad. :dunno:

Kloubek
12-07-2008, 06:36 PM
I came dangerously close today. And I'll admit - it was my own fault. I came to an intersection, with a Neon in front of me. I thought I left enough room, and slowed down, but right at the end of slowing down and going fairly slow by that point, my truck started sliding. Guess there was more ice closer to the intersection than I expected.

I managed to yank myself (that sounds bad) into the lane beside me without incident. Had I not done so, or there was a car in that lane, there would have been an issue for sure.

Not the most exciting story in the world, but it really opened my eyes to how my truck handles on ice. (Not particularly well.)

max_boost
12-07-2008, 06:42 PM
Originally posted by Sorath
Lol I dunno if the winter tires I got were too shitty or w/e but even tough I could drive no problem. Still felt hella slippery. Almost spun going onto deerfoot. Drove alot better after putting the diff to lock

Just imagine your car without snow tires. Guaranteed pwnage!

It was slick out there no doubt.

Aleks needs new springs because his car is a snow plow right now haha :burnout: :burnout: :burnout:

wiggaplz
12-07-2008, 06:57 PM
Originally posted by Isaiah
OP:

Rental should be instant. In fact, you should be able to call your insurer today and have a claim number issued right away over the phone which you can use to get your rental.

The compensation from the insurance company should be less than 2 weeks, unless you're getting the vehicle repaired, in which case it depends on the backlogs at autobody shops. I went into a few in the summer to get some touch up work done and they quoted me a 3 month waiting period. Accidents take priority but only if the vehicles are in non-driveable condition.

Good luck. Accidents are such an awful experience to go through. I feel your pain.

As far as fault is concerned, if you swerved into his lane, you will probably be found at fault. However, in some instances when the driving conditions are bad enough, they will consider it no fault.
i definitely see your point but the only reason I swerved was to avoid 2 other cars, so...

DomesticBoy
12-07-2008, 08:18 PM
driving a cavalier right now for winter time,
its a champ to drive in the weather, but even with winter tires i think im going to have to toss some weight in the back just be safe, this snow is horrid for driving right now, i say just take it slow, 5 minutes after getting somewhere safley is better than 5 minutes before driving like an idiot in this weather, Drive safe Beyond:thumbsup:

05*CivicRS
12-07-2008, 08:30 PM
saw a Cadillac CTS getting stuck on Beddington trail right after the ramp from Deerfoot. around 12? I believe it was on its summers, it was just spinning the rears wheels hard, some traffic cop helped the driver by pushing the car.

Deerfoot trail was hell though, going over 85KM/H in a civic with NEW winter tires is still very frightening. Felt like i was floating in the air about to lose control anytime.

but other than that, roads with just snow was perfectly fine. its the slush and ice that causes the problems

integra_xsi
12-07-2008, 08:32 PM
many bodyshops have been slow this time of year. Im sure if you call your insurance company you could get in right away. . . you may have a long line up at the police station to get a damage sticker if you havent got one yet. also it depends how long it will take for the new door to be ordered and delivered to the shop you take your car to. your car could sit at a shop for a week or two before the part has arrived and only then the car will be worked on.

Kloubek
12-07-2008, 08:35 PM

i definitely see your point but the only reason I swerved was to avoid 2 other cars, so...

Actually, I think he might be right. Granted - the reason you had this incident is due to others fishtailing and sliding around. But the "authorities" will probably say you were driving too close for the conditions and should have anticipated anything that might have come up in front of you.

Stupid? Yes - for sure. Hopefully they are a little more understanding. Best of luck, and keep us updated.

integra_xsi
12-07-2008, 08:36 PM
i forgot that it was a 96 jetta. your car could be written off
it is 12-13 years old. you may have a hard time finding parts for it.
good luck to you

ryder_23
12-07-2008, 08:39 PM
Originally posted by HiTempguy1
Did it really get that much worse that quickly? I left Calgary on the north end at 7:00pm last night, wasn't too bad. :dunno:

I left work at 3am and it was nothing, kinda came out of left field from what i woke up to.

Sorath
12-07-2008, 08:51 PM

Aleks needs new springs because his car is a snow plow right now haha :burnout: :burnout: :burnout:

mines just as bad lol. i wonder if i need to put my stock springs back on

wiggaplz
12-07-2008, 08:53 PM
Originally posted by Kloubek

Actually, I think he might be right. Granted - the reason you had this incident is due to others fishtailing and sliding around. But the "authorities" will probably say you were driving too close for the conditions and should have anticipated anything that might have come up in front of you.

Stupid? Yes - for sure. Hopefully they are a little more understanding. Best of luck, and keep us updated.
the policemen that arrived on the scene didn't charge any of us with anything so I'm assuming the insurance companies will take notice of that and realize I wasn't driving too close.

wiggaplz
12-07-2008, 08:56 PM
Originally posted by integra_xsi
i forgot that it was a 96 jetta. your car could be written off
it is 12-13 years old. you may have a hard time finding parts for it.
good luck to you
that was another possibility I was thinking of. I liked that car and all but quite honestly I always felt a little sketch driving it...I had read on the internet of countless, countless problems with the 96 jetta gl and for some reason I just knew something would come up sooner or later.

Depending on how much cash I get (if it is a write off) I will probably just go for a civic or something. Something good on gas and that won't cause me problems. I might as well make a good situation out of a shitty situation if you know what I mean.

wiggaplz
12-07-2008, 09:01 PM
OP:

so are you trying to say that they might say I am at 100% fault simply because I went into his lane (remember, eh could of changed lanes, when I spoke to him he told me that he saw me fishtailing roughly when he was 100m away). I know what you're saying but it's not like I rear ended the guy...he basically rear ended me except instead of my bumper he got the passenger side door because my car was spun around. He could of changed lanes and he came and hit me frmo behind, not the otehr way around.

I sure hope not but I better expect for the worst because insurance companies are strictly in it for the profit and they don't care about certain situations like this one.

cam_wmh
12-07-2008, 09:04 PM
I just came home from Sunshine. Like any of the hundreds of times previous there were many cars in the ditch, as well as a few "Accidents" as people call them.

They aren't accidents. They are incompetence incidents. %100 human error. If the weather is detrimental to driving, then correct your habits to reflect the conditions.

Aleks
12-07-2008, 09:07 PM

Yeah I have had lots of lowered cars over the years and have never been stuck. I think it's just the type of snow we got today. The front bumper had snow all the way up to the headlights :rofl:

96integra
12-07-2008, 09:09 PM
Today was really bad some Echo couldnt make it up a speed bump and almost rolled into me!!!!:cry:

syeve
12-07-2008, 09:10 PM
AWD, V8 and winter tires...good day!

:burnout: :burnout:
:burnout: :burnout:

westbeach70
12-07-2008, 09:23 PM
lowered colorado with all seasons.. terrible tonight, low traction light works perfectly fine, but rather annoying. But at least I was not that sunfire that got owned by the semi that pushed her into the ditch, guess she will learn not to brake hard in front of a rig....

All in all drive safe guys & gals.... First snow storm of the year usually is a gong show out there.

rockanrepublic
12-07-2008, 09:48 PM
saw 5 accidents on my way to work it was pretty hairy out there when i was out around 5-7 ish

jdmSiR
12-07-2008, 09:56 PM
i drove from edmomton to calgary, i left edmonton at about 1130am, and arrived in calgary at about 4pm.

qe2 was absolutely ridiculous, there was rcmp, tow trucks, and freezing people every 20km.

this one ford f150, even managed to somehow roll.

Wraith
12-07-2008, 10:12 PM
There was an SUV passing me on deerfoot plowing through the accumulated snow/slush between the lanes, launching all this shit at my windshield. I couldn't see for a second until I hit the wipers :nut:

Redlyne_mr2
12-07-2008, 10:36 PM
It's not even that bad out.. not sure what all the fuss is about

HybridTheory
12-07-2008, 11:04 PM
:banghead: I'm fucked tomorrow...I'm one of those lucky people who works for the insurance companies. I'm just happy that I don't have to figure out who's at fault anymore. I just have to deal with people who are hurt.

And to the OP, be prepared to be coded 100% at fault. The other party will likely try to argue that they were established in their lane and you changed lanes into them.

syeve
12-08-2008, 12:40 AM
Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2

City roads are fine, just a little slippery. The highways are terrible.

ShermanEF9
12-08-2008, 12:45 AM
Its pretty bad out there. i drove on deerfoot, and it was pretty scary.... anderson was much worse...
neighbourhoods suck ass. i had a wicked hard time keeping my car straight on 24th street sw.

just for fun, a picture :P
http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c138/Shiverdc2002/IMGP3521.jpg

barmanjay
12-08-2008, 12:50 AM

I hear ya ;)

was all over the city today, right from the childrens hospital this morning to evergreen, up to hidden valley.

Saw lots of broken cars on the side of the roads

I felt comfortable driving today. :D

inline6turbo
12-08-2008, 12:51 AM

I think between 2pm and 3pm was the worst. We got about 5 inches of snow in about 4 hours down south here. Started about 8am. All of it was on top of sheer ice from the still warm ground from yesterday that melted the first batch. Even with X-ices on it was pretty iffy. Only had troubles getting back on to the drive way lol. Almost left it half on/half off from sheer frustration.
I tried taking pictures of my 7. It's very buried. Snow halfway up the rims.

Isaiah
12-08-2008, 01:02 AM

so are you trying to say that they might say I am at 100% fault simply because I went into his lane (remember, eh could of changed lanes, when I spoke to him he told me that he saw me fishtailing roughly when he was 100m away). I know what you're saying but it's not like I rear ended the guy...he basically rear ended me except instead of my bumper he got the passenger side door because my car was spun around. He could of changed lanes and he came and hit me frmo behind, not the otehr way around.

I sure hope not but I better expect for the worst because insurance companies are strictly in it for the profit and they don't care about certain situations like this one.

What I was saying is that if the driver was established in their lane, regardless of the reason why you swerved into their lane, you're likely to be found at fault. Think of it from their perspective. You're driving along, leaving plenty of distance between yourself and the car in front because of slippery roads and bad driving conditions, and suddenly a car swerves into your lane and you hit them.

Regardless of why you switched into the other lane, the logical argument would be that unless there are other factors (such as the other driver doing excessive speeds), he can not be found at fault given the circumstances.

Carlton
12-08-2008, 01:21 AM
I drove my POS 93 protege, 2 cars hit me today smashed my mirror off but I could careless since its a beater. One of the guys was like oh shit man sorry for hitting you, you don't care about your car though right? I was like yeahhhh and then just left...

sxtothe240
12-08-2008, 01:38 AM
Saw a lady in a new CRV do a 360 infront of me on the left lane, i was in the right. Her back end swung into my lane.

I immediate brake and my car starts fishtailing towards the right curb, i had to drop a gear, step on the gas to avoid smashing the back end of my car. Sorta did a mini drift around the SUV to avoid hitting her AND the curb.

Scared the shit out of me. and i had blizzaks on too.

Stealth22
12-08-2008, 02:15 AM
Last year, I'm coming up to a signal (T-intersection) to make a right turn, car ahead of me starts to come to a stop, so I do so as well..not realizing I was on a patch of ice covered in slush...and I was driving carefully too, not in a rush or anything.

So as I hit the brakes, my car just keeps going as if the pedal is just there for show. Had two friends in the car, they realized what was happening as I let out an "OH SHIT!"...I dropped all the way to first, and my tires even rubbed the curb a little bit I think. Scared the shit out of me, but the car stopped with maybe 4 inches to spare.

adam c
12-08-2008, 02:49 AM
roads seem fine to me?

just got back from edmonton an hour ago.. high ways were foggy and a little icy in some sections but other then that :dunno:

Zero102
12-08-2008, 02:59 AM
The roads were fine all day. I have winters on the golf, and I had no problem still going 5-10% over the limit everywhere I went. I was driving around most of the day. Hell, I even had time to stop and do some donuts in a parking lot when I took a wrong turn. Everybody who is complaining needs to go get a set of winter tires. It should be illegal not to have them.

Oh, and for the OP, you are at fault for entering his lane, and he is at fault for hitting you, 50/50. Have fun with insurance it is a bit pain in the ass. Your insurance company will say it is not your fault and they aren't paying, then the other guy's company will serve papers stating they are claiming with your company, then your company will tell you there was "nothing they could do".... Its a shitty ordeal.

whiskas
12-08-2008, 03:35 AM
Good god I've never had to flash my highbeams so much in my life. Just because there's a little bit of snow on the road doesn't mean you can't go the speed limit, in the left lane of all places. I can't count how many AWD urban tanks I blew past in my FWD open diff piece of shit.

Also some mouth breathing fuck in an SUV backed into me coming out of his own driveway at about 1kph as I blared on my horn for 10 seconds before the impact. Then he got all irritated at me for calling him an ignorant fuck. Luckily no damage.

Blasting down crowchild was really fun in the morning, you get that little shimmy going through all 4 wheels as they sporadically lose grip as you make the slightest adjustments with the wheel and throttle to hold it straight, love it.

r-karsk
12-08-2008, 04:01 AM
Originally posted by whiskas
Then he got all irritated at me for calling him an ignorant fuck. Luckily no damage.

damn, you're so hard

whiskas
12-08-2008, 04:04 AM
Originally posted by r-karsk

damn, you're so hard

You know it http://img186.imageshack.us/img186/5523/gayzq2.gif ;) ;) ;)

NOW GET BACK TO STUDYING

ryder_23
12-08-2008, 04:10 AM

I hear ya, went into the city, no problem, went out to hockey, roads were so so, but not out of the ordinary.

Best part was all of the suv's in the ditch, yet my little snow plow of a car was doing fine...Shows what people with more money then brains do when the snow falls.

BenC
12-08-2008, 05:37 AM
Subaru+winter tires it's a breeze!

EvolutionI
12-08-2008, 08:51 AM
Originally posted by BenC
Mitsubishi+winter tires it's a breeze!

fixed!

prae
12-08-2008, 09:03 AM
heard on the radio that police responded to something like 240 collisions that day.

Isaiah
12-08-2008, 10:10 AM
Originally posted by prae
heard on the radio that police responded to something like 240 collisions that day.

When that day is right before this day, it's called yesterday.

weeznah
12-08-2008, 10:32 AM
I got pretty close in my silvia cause i had my summers on yesterday morning. Coming off of bow bottom onto deerfoot right at the anderson turnoff I down shifted to slow down and my back get decided it didnt want to be part of the rest of the car and i stayed sideways for a good 300 feet and gave it alot of gas and countersteer and managed to straighten it out. same on 17th ave hill going west. sideways all the way up. Now i got my winters on and they grip like im on cement.

prae
12-08-2008, 11:03 AM

When that day is right before this day, it's called yesterday.

When somebody corrects an oversight as pointless as that, they are known as asinine.

:D

Tomaz
12-08-2008, 11:12 AM
The POS I am driving right now has the worst suspension, wort tires, and lots of weight. I had a horrific expeiance on the way to work. Nothing specific, just generally bad.

I think i am going back to the good ol' public transit again just so i don't have to worry about it! At least until i get my good car back!

Xtrema
12-08-2008, 11:16 AM

the policemen that arrived on the scene didn't charge any of us with anything so I'm assuming the insurance companies will take notice of that and realize I wasn't driving too close.

Cops are not there to witness the accident. No way they will charge anyone anything. It's just an accident.

But I agree with Isiah. I think it's your fault. You follow too close which lead to lane change. Regardless how much of an ass the guy up front is.

Go luck dealing with insurance companies.

7thgenvic
12-08-2008, 11:19 AM
I wanna see some pictures :)

SR240SX
12-08-2008, 11:19 AM
Not sure if this person is on here, Haha but yesterday right by my house a lancer was trying to make it up this hill but was slipping bad, The guy driving had a girl outside pushing him up the hill:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

gretz
12-08-2008, 11:21 AM
Originally posted by weeznah
I got pretty close in my silvia cause i had my summers on yesterday morning. Coming off of bow bottom onto deerfoot right at the anderson turnoff I down shifted to slow down and my back get decided it didnt want to be part of the rest of the car and i stayed sideways for a good 300 feet and gave it alot of gas and countersteer and managed to straighten it out. same on 17th ave hill going west. sideways all the way up. Now i got my winters on and they grip like im on cement.

gas + countersteer when the car is unwillingly coming out on you out wont do shit without traction. You have no traction in the ass, thats why it came out. A shit load of gas wouldn't do anything, i call bs on the 300 foot 'drift' with summers on a turnoff.

Masked Bandit
12-08-2008, 11:22 AM
To the OP.......sorry buddy.....you will be hit at-fault as you entered the Cavalier's lane. Crappy deal for sure but that's the way it will probably play out.

ralliart_girl
12-08-2008, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by SR240SX
Not sure if this person is on here, Haha but yesterday right by my house a lancer was trying to make it up this hill but was slipping bad, The guy driving had a girl outside pushing him up the hill:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

LOL...that is awesome.

ercchry
12-08-2008, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by gretz

gas + countersteer when the car is unwillingly coming out on you out wont do shit without traction. You have no traction in the ass, thats why it came out. A shit load of gas wouldn't do anything, i call bs on the 300 foot 'drift' with summers on a turnoff.

wat? if he hit the gas and counter steered then he would be sliding even more.... that is a long exit ramp, easy to slide the whole thing in the snow, and if he was on the gas enough then he would be sliding really slow around it thus still having the traction in the front to stay under control

inline6turbo
12-08-2008, 11:32 AM
How about just label him as a complete idiot for endangering people lives and not having enough driving skills to know not to hit the gas when sliding and move on.
Summer tires + RWD + snow = wtf dude, park your car before Darwin gets you

Redlyne_mr2
12-08-2008, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by ralliart_girl

LOL...that is awesome. :rofl:

I drove by a house last night and saw some lady shoveling her walk (corner property so it was nice and long), meanwhile her husband watches from the window inside while sipping some type of hot drink. To top it off he was wearing a xmas sweater lol.

SJW
12-08-2008, 11:55 AM
Yah and it took her almost 2 hours to do it too.

She knows sundays are Steak and BJ nights.

The nerve. I told her to get in better shape.

sxtothe240
12-08-2008, 12:02 PM
I saw a silver Porsche carrera fishtail this morning on the way to work
he almost smacked the car next to him

wiggaplz
12-08-2008, 12:47 PM
Originally posted by Zero102
The roads were fine all day. I have winters on the golf, and I had no problem still going 5-10% over the limit everywhere I went. I was driving around most of the day. Hell, I even had time to stop and do some donuts in a parking lot when I took a wrong turn. Everybody who is complaining needs to go get a set of winter tires. It should be illegal not to have them.

Oh, and for the OP, you are at fault for entering his lane, and he is at fault for hitting you, 50/50. Have fun with insurance it is a bit pain in the ass. Your insurance company will say it is not your fault and they aren't paying, then the other guy's company will serve papers stating they are claiming with your company, then your company will tell you there was "nothing they could do".... Its a shitty ordeal.

so what's the gameplan....i write off this car or fix it with my own cash? what can i do here?

ercchry
12-08-2008, 02:03 PM

so what's the gameplan....i write off this car or fix it with my own cash? what can i do here?

well if you are at fault and someone is going threw your insurance to fix their car then you might as well get them to fix your car as well since a claim is a claim regardless

nonsane
12-08-2008, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by whiskas
Just because there's a little bit of snow on the road doesn't mean you can't go the speed limit, in the left lane of all places.

If they feel they cannot handle the higher speed, do you really want them going faster?

I find it hard to agree that they should be going the speed limit when the OP slid going 20 under.

wiggaplz
12-08-2008, 05:02 PM
well my car is damaged....im getting money either way especially how it isn't my fault, and i have a witness that heard him say he saw me spin out 100m back..he was obviously driving too fast or too close.

and seriously, a car is damaged...there's no way both insurance companies are saying 'i aint payin for it' lol....

ralliart_girl
12-08-2008, 05:17 PM
well my car is damaged....im getting money either way especially how it isn't my fault, and i have a witness that heard him say he saw me spin out 100m back..he was obviously driving too fast or too close.

and seriously, a car is damaged...there's no way both insurance companies are saying 'i aint payin for it' lol....

Lets just hope you have collision coverage...cause this sounds like it is going to get messy.

chkolny541
12-08-2008, 05:57 PM
, and i have a witness that heard him say he saw me spin out 100m back..he was obviously driving too fast or too close.

sticky situation, its still on your shoulders. you hit HIM in HIS lane.....doesnt look good for you.....witness or not

Isaiah
12-08-2008, 05:58 PM
What a witness 'heard someone say' doesn't matter, only what they saw.

Regarless, if you have full coverage, your company will cover it regardless if you're at fault. If you don't, you won't. As far as what you think the other driver was 'obviously' doing, he was driving in his lane, at which point you swerved into it, cutting him off and resulting in a collision. I know it sucks but that's how it is. As far as the law and insurance are concerned, you should have enough following distance to stop safely regardless of the cirmcumstances. For you to blame the other driver who was driving unobstructed in his lane is dishonest.

TorqueDog
12-08-2008, 06:06 PM
If anyone was in Cedarbrae and saw a blue M5 doing low-speed fishies with the goof in the driver seat grinning like a maniac... that was me. :D T'was a fun day. My new office is in the area, and I was taking advantage of the unplowed streets.

RX_EVOLV
12-08-2008, 08:11 PM
so I had to drive up to Edmonton yesterday morning and I couldnt believe how many accidents there were on the way just to Red Deer.. after passing a few I decided to take some pics since I was moving at like 10km/h anyway..

http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g231/rx_evolv/accident/DSC00009.jpg

http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g231/rx_evolv/accident/DSC00010.jpg

http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g231/rx_evolv/accident/DSC00011.jpg

http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g231/rx_evolv/accident/DSC00012.jpg

http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g231/rx_evolv/accident/DSC00015.jpg

http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g231/rx_evolv/accident/DSC00016.jpg

http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g231/rx_evolv/accident/DSC00020.jpg

http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g231/rx_evolv/accident/DSC00021.jpg

http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g231/rx_evolv/accident/DSC00022.jpg

Finally made it to Red deer with car cover in Ice
http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g231/rx_evolv/accident/DSC00019.jpg

gofastmerc
12-08-2008, 08:12 PM
The cops had laser set up on the highway tonight. :eek:

Had a bunch of cars pulled over too.

RX_EVOLV
12-08-2008, 08:14 PM
Originally posted by gofastmerc
The cops had laser set up on the highway tonight. :eek:

Had a bunch of cars pulled over too.

they sure did

http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g231/rx_evolv/accident/DSC00025.jpg

chkolny541
12-08-2008, 08:19 PM
^^^LOL!!!!!

gofastmerc
12-08-2008, 08:27 PM
LOL

I meant down here by Okotoks, not in Le duc!

You get busted bad?

TorqueDog
12-08-2008, 08:30 PM
Funny that, in four of your pictures, the vehicles in the ditch were all four-wheel drive trucks. :banghead: I'm somehow not surprised.

Nice ticket, haha. Fess up, how fast?