PDA

View Full Version : NBaker Suzuki Deerfoot... go there... now.

kerry
12-07-2008, 10:43 PM
So I rolled down last week to check out the dealership Norman works at to see what it was all about. As some of you know I just bought my A3 but I've been debating on getting a new car with AWD. I figured that I'd head to see a beyonder and check out the cars and what was going down.

We headed into the dealership at about 3pm and were there until 5:30. Not because we had to wait and wait, but because Norman was so accomodating. He let us check out every single car we wanted to on the lot.

I test drove a few cars, and after driving, he even went out of his way to check inventory for something else that was a little closer to what I was looking for. Also he's been trying to sell my a3 for me, which is something I didn't even ask him to do. I was a little shocked, and very happy with how far above and beyond he's gone over any other dealership I've ever dealt with. Before Norman, the most I've had a dealership do for me is harass me with emails about cars I've looked at... not even driven. This was a very nice change. Since I've been down there, Norman has been constantly checking for what I want in inventory, and been texting me updates.

When the time comes and I find my car (if I end up with something new) I'll post, but I can guarantee it'll be from Norman.

I'll definitely be back there and be sending as many people as I can down there. I suggest for your next car you head down to Suzuki Deerfoot to see Norman. It was a great experience and I had a great time.

nbaker00
12-07-2008, 10:45 PM
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

funkedelic2
12-07-2008, 10:48 PM
Yeah he is a good guy, i am dealing with him right now trying to find my next car. Very impressed so far and i would also highly recommend him.

bigboom
12-07-2008, 11:15 PM
i'm also trying to source my next car through him right now...he's always on the lookout for new cars that he comes across with my desired specs. sometimes he's a little hard to get a hold of but give him some time and he always seems to come through.

94boosted
12-07-2008, 11:19 PM
Good to know, I will be in the market for an STi in May and I've read alot of good things about Norman.

Jatt87
12-07-2008, 11:52 PM
:thumbsup: to Norman
He is also trying to help me with finding another car

saiyajin
12-07-2008, 11:54 PM
nice il be looking into an is250/350 round next summer :thumbsup:

dj_rice
12-08-2008, 12:11 AM
Norman is like your neighborhood crack dealer, he hooks u UPPPPPPPPPP:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Carlton
12-08-2008, 01:22 AM
nbaker is nice but NewLextacy's pricing is killer.

TomcoPDR
12-08-2008, 01:30 AM
Originally posted by dj_rice
Norman is like your neighborhood crack dealer, he hooks u UPPPPPPPPPP:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Without having to blow him..... right??? :dunno:

Back on topic, I've contacted nBaker couple times concerning purchasing as well as selling my current vehicle. Never had actual transcation with him, but very helpful and clear communication all the way. Doesn't give you the brush off like you (the customer) is wasting his time with legitimate auto buy/sell questions.

GTS Jeff
12-08-2008, 01:47 AM
Originally posted by kerry
I just bought my A3 but I've been debating on getting a new car with AWD. Quattro?

kerry
12-08-2008, 08:28 AM
Originally posted by Carlton
nbaker is nice but NewLextacy's pricing is killer.

When someone says something like this it makes me remember Gallery of Fine Cars or Hot Wheels.

This wasn't meant to be a "post your favorite dealership/dealer" thread, only a shout out to Norman. If you have opinions, please post them where they belong, not in a praise thread for a fellow sponsor.

kerry
12-08-2008, 08:29 AM
Originally posted by GTS Jeff
Quattro?

I have the 2.0T. It's the same as the GTI basically.

E36M3
12-08-2008, 08:55 AM
Why would you need AWD? I like the A3, I wouldn't get rid of it.

I have the 2.0T. It's the same as the GTI basically.

Preslow
12-08-2008, 09:00 AM
We headed into the dealership at about 3pm and were there until 5:30. Not because we had to wait and wait, but because Norman was so accomodating. He let us check out every single car we wanted to on the lot.

uhh... isn't that what a dealership is supposed to do, let you see all the cars on the lot and test drive any of them? Doesn't sound so special.

szw
12-08-2008, 09:14 AM
Sucking up to get a better discount?? :rofl:

nbaker00
12-08-2008, 09:47 AM
Originally posted by dj_rice

;) ;)

Thanks for all the comments guys:clap:

shin0bi
12-08-2008, 09:55 AM
Its always nice to see enthusiasts being good to eachother!

Skyline_Addict
12-08-2008, 10:04 AM
Originally posted by Preslow

uhh... isn't that what a dealership is supposed to do, let you see all the cars on the lot and test drive any of them? Doesn't sound so special.

yes it is. but 90% of car dealerships don't do that. many won't even go as far as greeting you when you walk in (which yes, they're supposed to do as well, as it gets the sales discussion off the ground).

sounds like nbaker goes above and beyond to accommodate customers. sounds special to me, especially in this day and age :dunno:

in anycase when i'm looking for a new daily driver, I'll have to check this place out :)

Carlton
12-08-2008, 11:45 AM

When someone says something like this it makes me remember Gallery of Fine Cars or Hot Wheels.

This wasn't meant to be a "post your favorite dealership/dealer" thread, only a shout out to Norman. If you have opinions, please post them where they belong, not in a praise thread for a fellow sponsor.

Um what does my comment have to do with Gallery or Hot Wheels? Clearly you are boasting this guy up because he let you test drive whatever you want. Unfortunately there is more to purchasing a vehicle than just test driving it. What would happen if you bought a car and the CEL went off 2 days later but the car was sold as is? A790 would benefit from him since he likes reviewing things. He can go and drive random cars and post his insights on here.

Jlude
12-08-2008, 12:06 PM
Anyone who's met Norman already knows he's a great guy to deal with.

I haven't been in Calgary for a long time now and I still correspond with Norman, and I know that there's a good god damn chance that I'll be seeing him for my next new car.

em2ab
12-08-2008, 12:48 PM
So are you limited to either a new Suzuki or a used car with this guy? That would only make sense I guess.

nbaker00
12-08-2008, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by em2ab
So are you limited to either a new Suzuki or a used car with this guy? That would only make sense I guess.

Nope we broker every make of new and used:

http://forums.beyond.ca/st/214412/south-deerfoot-suzuki-importing-and-locating/

G3500
12-31-2008, 12:34 PM
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: definitely a great dealership/salesperson goto Suzuki if you want good service or a car

95EagleAWD
12-31-2008, 07:44 PM
Originally posted by TomcoPDR

Without having to blow him..... right??? :dunno:

Back on topic, I've contacted nBaker couple times concerning purchasing as well as selling my current vehicle. Never had actual transcation with him, but very helpful and clear communication all the way. Doesn't give you the brush off like you (the customer) is wasting his time with legitimate auto buy/sell questions.

Glad he helped you, but he hasn't done a damn thing for me.

I contacted him to try and find me an EVO 8 in the States and he said he'd look. He gave me a small list, just the model year and mileage. I asked him for more details and he's never got back to me. I never heard back from him. I called the dealership a few times to try and talk to him, and he was never there. I PM'd him a couple times, and emailed. Nothing.

So I found my own cars and I'll import them myself, again. Guess you can't please everyone, but my experience was a typical used car salesman; no help at all.

JEFFRIX
12-31-2008, 07:48 PM
^sig says his out of town :dunno:

95EagleAWD
12-31-2008, 07:50 PM
Originally posted by JEFFRIX
^sig says his out of town :dunno:

This was like 2-3 weeks ago. My last PM I got from him was the 12th.

Graham_A_M
01-01-2009, 01:21 AM
Yeah absolutely huge props for Norm. He is the level for what good customer service should be. Honestly.
He and his co-worker were kind enough to drop what they were doing, and give me a hand cleaning the slightly used rims I just bought locally. After I made a post in the detailing section asking how I can clean the wheels.
The two of them did an amazing job, and refused to accept even a cent in compensation.
I now send everybody I know to him and the dealership. Just 5 star service all the way.
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Redlyne_mr2
01-01-2009, 02:38 AM
Originally posted by 95EagleAWD

This was like 2-3 weeks ago. My last PM I got from him was the 12th.

He's been gone for a while.. back on the 10th. Keep in mind he's also part time at the store.

googe
01-01-2009, 03:12 AM
someone missed the keeping that kid's money thread :)

ragu
01-01-2009, 05:21 AM
^^Someone missed 100 good reviews :rolleyes:

5000Audi
01-01-2009, 06:21 AM
he gets a bad review from me...pretty much same boat as 95eagleAWD is in... didnt go out of his way at all.. and i was planing on buying a H2... but guess he didnt care enough.. but i bought Elsewhere... found someone who actually wanted to make a sale. left me happy!

Jeremiah
01-01-2009, 12:22 PM
Originally posted by 95EagleAWD

Glad he helped you, but he hasn't done a damn thing for me.

I contacted him to try and find me an EVO 8 in the States and he said he'd look. He gave me a small list, just the model year and mileage. I asked him for more details and he's never got back to me. I never heard back from him. I called the dealership a few times to try and talk to him, and he was never there. I PM'd him a couple times, and emailed. Nothing.

So I found my own cars and I'll import them myself, again. Guess you can't please everyone, but my experience was a typical used car salesman; no help at all.

Yeah Similar thing happened to many beyonders. His Dad is probably discouraging him from importing because of the weak currency. Still he shouldn't just shrug us all off without even saying anything. Oh well, not gonna beat a dead horse.

You just saved yourself a lot of money, their fees are ridiculous. $1000 just to source a vehicle, and something like $2000 to source and handle the paperwork. + you pay shipping on top of it LOL. no thanks.

Pics when the Evo hits Canadian soil :D

funkedelic2
01-01-2009, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by 5000Audi
he gets a bad review from me...pretty much same boat as 95eagleAWD is in... didnt go out of his way at all.. and i was planing on buying a H2... but guess he didnt care enough.. but i bought Elsewhere... found someone who actually wanted to make a sale. left me happy!

So ended up buying an H2?

5000Audi
01-01-2009, 06:49 PM
Originally posted by funkedelic2

So ended up buying an H2?

not an H2 nope got a 2007 dodge ram crew cab deisel..i had a H2 lined up for me at the dealership till i went down to look at it and seen my love of my life (LOL) the dodge.. and talked to the salesman and he did everything and got me into it that night!..

pinoyhero
01-01-2009, 07:19 PM
Originally posted by funkedelic2
Yeah he is a good guy, i am dealing with him right now trying to find my next car. Very impressed so far and i would also highly recommend him.
+1 wicked guy

95EagleAWD
01-01-2009, 08:11 PM
Originally posted by Jeremiah

Pics when the Evo hits Canadian soil :D

Oh you know it. :poosie:

ABteg00
01-01-2009, 09:34 PM
I was interested in importing a g37 and he said all he could get me were local g35's because how the dollar is.

i then asked him about a s2000's and thats the last i heard.

Most likely too much responsibility / pressure for someone his age, I just hope all this
negative press doesn't stick with him when he really enters the work force.