PDA

View Full Version : Snapped a few pics yesterday...

jdmXSI
12-08-2008, 11:29 AM
Haha, i had so much fun driving around yesterday i just had to take a couple pics.

http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s181/jdm_xsi/DSC00345.jpg
http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s181/jdm_xsi/DSC00358.jpg
http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s181/jdm_xsi/DSC00354.jpg
http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s181/jdm_xsi/DSC00346.jpg
http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s181/jdm_xsi/DSC00347.jpg
http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s181/jdm_xsi/DSC00366.jpg
http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s181/jdm_xsi/DSC00372.jpg

And then i saw this, apparently buses dont use winter tires... this was one out of 3 buses that had lost it.

http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s181/jdm_xsi/DSC00363.jpg
http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s181/jdm_xsi/DSC00362.jpg

ekguy
12-08-2008, 11:35 AM
Nice Scooby.

blownz
12-08-2008, 11:39 AM
I wish we would have got the 6 inches of snow Calgary got. Instead we got freezing rain. Nice pics.

Redlyne_mr2
12-08-2008, 11:40 AM
I saw that fool in the bus as well.. Glad someone got some good pics of it.

rockanrepublic
12-08-2008, 11:42 AM
lol at the 112 i hate that slow ass bus :poosie:

ExtraSlow
12-08-2008, 12:03 PM
I feel kind of sorry for city bus drivers. Those tires are terrible. They use a realyl hard rubber so that they will last a long time, but pretty much zero grip in snow.

luxor
12-08-2008, 12:09 PM
Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2
I saw that fool in the bus as well.. Glad someone got some good pics of it.

:facepalm:

Do you realize how much torque diesel buses, fire engines or semi trailers produce? Do you have the slightest idea at all? If you can drift around in these dinky little 150 lb-ft torque JDM rice rockets, what makes you think your back end won't slide out when you have 900 lb-ft of torque? Go take a high school physics course or something, you definitely aren't familiar with any laws of physics.

rc2002
12-08-2008, 12:19 PM
Originally posted by luxor

Is Calgary Transit your best friend?

luxor
12-08-2008, 12:24 PM
Originally posted by richardchan2002

Is Calgary Transit your best friend?

I'm not defending Calgary Transit, that has nothing to do with it, if it was greyhound, DHL, CFD i'd still say the same. My point is these vehicles produce a ton of torque. I guess you didn't realize that either.

:thumbsdow

Jlude
12-08-2008, 12:28 PM
Someone's a little sensitive.

rony_espana
12-08-2008, 12:38 PM
:eek: nice bus pic! sweet subie!

1997GSR
12-08-2008, 12:39 PM
Luxor drives a bus? :dunno:

powerslave
12-08-2008, 12:58 PM
Woo! Bandwagon insults on a guy who questions an OG!!!

luxor
12-08-2008, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by powerslave
Woo! Bandwagon insults on a guy who questions an OG!!!

I've been a registered user since 2003, thanks for coming out though.

LongCity
12-08-2008, 02:39 PM
Not sure he was making fun of you... in the case that he is, Redlyne is OG'er than you. Not making fun either, I'm just saying.

TomcoPDR
12-08-2008, 02:46 PM
Nice subie :drool: lots of fun

403ep3
12-08-2008, 02:48 PM
Lol he was on your side.

I've been a registered user since 2003, thanks for coming out though.

n1zm0
12-08-2008, 02:57 PM
you know i got all excited when i saw a black GC8 drift the whole gdamned crowchild glenmore overpass/offramp 2 years ago and have been looking for one ever since, instead i'm stuck with a DA9 winter beater,

all scoobaru owners are lucky as hell in winter, nice ride, now take some pics in 3 foot snow!

powerslave
12-08-2008, 03:02 PM
Originally posted by LongCity
Not sure he was making fun of you... in the case that he is, Redlyne is OG'er than you. Not making fun either, I'm just saying.

Originally posted by 403ep3
Lol he was on your side.

What they said, way to miss the point.

Redlyne_mr2
12-08-2008, 03:09 PM

Do you realize how much torque diesel buses, fire engines or semi trailers produce? Do you have the slightest idea at all? If you can drift around in these dinky little 150 lb-ft torque JDM rice rockets, what makes you think your back end won't slide out when you have 900 lb-ft of torque? Go take a high school physics course or something, you definitely aren't familiar with any laws of physics.
hahaha didnt think someone would take this personally. If you're inexperienced enough to get a bus stuck on flat roads you shouldnt be driving a vehicle like that. What's worse is that that driver is responsible for the lives of those that he's carrying. I could care less how difficult or how easy it is to drive.. it comes down to training. Planes are hard to fly.. is it ok if a pilot crashes his plane with 100s of people aboard because it was just to tough to fly?

BTW next time use the facepalm for a legitamite reason, it's being overused along with the word Douche. :)

7thgenvic
12-08-2008, 03:13 PM
I wanna see more pictures of the snow storm :( I miss Calgary weather

TorqueDog
12-08-2008, 07:40 PM
EA should have put "Transit Bus Drifting" in Need for Speed - Pro Street. Maybe then the game wouldn't have sucked so bad.

95EagleAWD
12-08-2008, 08:44 PM
Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2

Planes are hard to fly.. is it ok if a pilot crashes his plane with 100s of people aboard because it was just to tough to fly?

Whoa. Planes aren't hard to fly. Especially airliners. Everything is automated. Autothrottles on take-off, all the pilot does is rotate the jet then snap on the AP. The AP flies the track, and depending on the runway and conditions, all the way to touchdown and rollout.

Planes aren't hard to fly for that exact reason; so they're safe.

Redlined_8000
12-08-2008, 08:50 PM
Wow nice car man, i bet you had a blast, always loved subaru's.

jdmXSI
12-08-2008, 08:56 PM
Yeah i've always had FWD cars with winter tires and there is no comparison at all. I think i burnt a 1/4 tank playing in the snow, lol.

Cody D
12-08-2008, 09:36 PM
AWD and snow tires are great, people seem to think I'm nuts driving my car all winter, but it probably grips better than 90% of the cars on the road.

Aleks
12-08-2008, 09:42 PM
I've always liked these. That's an awsome find!

5fivespeed
12-08-2008, 09:43 PM
Originally posted by 95EagleAWD

Whoa. Planes aren't hard to fly. Especially airliners. Everything is automated. Autothrottles on take-off, all the pilot does is rotate the jet then snap on the AP. The AP flies the track, and depending on the runway and conditions, all the way to touchdown and rollout.

But what about when Pilots HAVE to fly. Meaning bad conditions etc?

n1zm0
12-08-2008, 09:46 PM

lol this coming from who? i suppose you watched a little too many A380 documentaries on the Discovery channel, fk if auto pilot does everything then why do we need a human brain in the cockpit?

Aircraft especially airliners are built with redundancy systems in place, one of those systems is a pilot believe it or not, the 'latest' technology isn't at all fail proof.

You think those WJ pilots you ride with are just pieces of meat that engage AP, sit and read Hustler all the way to Mexico? They aren't trained in Multi Night IFR for nothing..

A pilot puts an aircraft on AP at night, sits back and does paperwork, the captains directional gyro starts precessing, autopilot compensates slowly and unknown to the pilot they start drifting off course, the TAWS start blaring on the speaker, the annunciator panel goes nuts with red and yellows, they're headed for a mountain, but it's not too late, the copilot quickly disengages AP, both on the controls the pilot and first officer man the throttle and yoke to get up over that mountain, save 50 ppls lives with appropriate training and quick reaction/thinking.

So i don't see how flying can be called easy unless you're one of the lucky handful who fly an A380 or NG type aircraft.. Then again, i think they put 2 guys behind those joysticks..? Cause the system can and will fail at anytime, redundancy is the guys sitting in the left and right seats who've trained and studied all procedures/flight characteristics of this model aircraft along with all the other hidden failsafes that you don't need to know about as a passenger.

I can't believe i just backed up a pilot, totally unheard of in the industry lol

97'Scort
12-08-2008, 10:45 PM
Sweet Jesus, look at all the white stuff. :D

95EagleAWD
12-08-2008, 11:59 PM
Originally posted by n1zm0

lol this coming from who? i suppose you watched a little too many A380 documentaries on the Discovery channel, fk if auto pilot does everything then why do we need a human brain in the cockpit?

Aircraft especially airliners are built with redundancy systems in place, one of those systems is a pilot believe it or not, the 'latest' technology isn't at all fail proof.

You think those WJ pilots you ride with are just pieces of meat that engage AP, sit and read Hustler all the way to Mexico? They aren't trained in Multi Night IFR for nothing..

A pilot puts an aircraft on AP at night, sits back and does paperwork, the captains directional gyro starts precessing, autopilot compensates slowly and unknown to the pilot they start drifting off course, the TAWS start blaring on the speaker, the annunciator panel goes nuts with red and yellows, they're headed for a mountain, but it's not too late, the copilot quickly disengages AP, both on the controls the pilot and first officer man the throttle and yoke to get up over that mountain, save 50 ppls lives with appropriate training and quick reaction/thinking.

So i don't see how flying can be called easy unless you're one of the lucky handful who fly an A380 or NG type aircraft.. Then again, i think they put 2 guys behind those joysticks..? Cause the system can and will fail at anytime, redundancy is the guys sitting in the left and right seats who've trained and studied all procedures/flight characteristics of this model aircraft along with all the other hidden failsafes that you don't need to know about as a passenger.

I can't believe i just backed up a pilot, totally unheard of in the industry lol

I'm a PPL/IFR with a night rating.

Yes, in an emergency, a pilot has to fly. 99% of the time, an airliner is on autopilot. Why? Because it does it smoother than pilots do. Most pilots (ATPLs) that I know DO hand fly the plane to the ground when conditions warrant (CAVOK and light instrument conditions) but for CAT II/III landings, it's AP all the way. So yup, your WestJet pilots in their nice new 737-600/700 aircraft snap on the AP after rotation (or at some point during the climb out) and sit there monitoring all flight.

A handful of guys that fly a NG or A380? I can list off a bunch of jets that have FMCs in them that will follow a track all the way to the Middle Marker at least, and most of them through rollout. It's not just the new jets; older stuff like the 737-300/400/500 have that capability as well as all the Airbuses. Most modern RJs are all capable too.

The APs will fly holds all day long as well, taking out one of the most boring parts of IFR flying.

So yeah, when pilots HAVE to fly, like when shit goes wrong, then yeah, it's hard.

Day to day flying, whether it's a C172 or Boeing 744, is not "hard". It's just training and concentration.

It's mostly just good fun.

buh_buh
12-09-2008, 12:03 AM
is there a rule now that non-OGs can't burn OGs? Not that that was a burn, but is that even an issue?

Perfect Dark
12-09-2008, 12:04 AM
Looks great man!

Aleks
12-09-2008, 07:59 AM

I'm a PPL/IFR with a night rating.

Yes, in an emergency, a pilot has to fly. 99% of the time, an airliner is on autopilot. Why? Because it does it smoother than pilots do. Most pilots (ATPLs) that I know DO hand fly the plane to the ground when conditions warrant (CAVOK and light instrument conditions) but for CAT II/III landings, it's AP all the way. So yup, your WestJet pilots in their nice new 737-600/700 aircraft snap on the AP after rotation (or at some point during the climb out) and sit there monitoring all flight.

A handful of guys that fly a NG or A380? I can list off a bunch of jets that have FMCs in them that will follow a track all the way to the Middle Marker at least, and most of them through rollout. It's not just the new jets; older stuff like the 737-300/400/500 have that capability as well as all the Airbuses. Most modern RJs are all capable too.

The APs will fly holds all day long as well, taking out one of the most boring parts of IFR flying.

So yeah, when pilots HAVE to fly, like when shit goes wrong, then yeah, it's hard.

Day to day flying, whether it's a C172 or Boeing 744, is not "hard". It's just training and concentration.

It's mostly just good fun.

If thats true then the AP does a very poor job in landing the plane. Last 5-6 flights the landings were not very smooth at all.

S p a c e b a r
12-09-2008, 08:11 AM
Originally posted by ekguy
Nice Scooby.

86_lude_86
12-09-2008, 08:30 AM
nice car man! was having some fun in mine last night in the snow it was ruined by security :(

sillysod
12-09-2008, 09:31 AM
I believe winter tires for semi's/busses are called tire chains.

Those busses are light and therefore very fish tail happy.

That's part of the reason for the tag tires on busses that go through the mountains (the 3rd axle behind) it is for road bans, but also it isn't powered b/c it is used to help keep the back of the bus from fishtailing if the drive tires spin.

revelations
12-09-2008, 09:47 AM
I recall seeing a bus stuck sideways on 36st by 17th ave SE. last winter... and its not exactly a hilly section of calgary.... so they definitely do have issues with traction.

rc2002
12-09-2008, 03:43 PM

I'm not defending Calgary Transit, that has nothing to do with it, if it was greyhound, DHL, CFD i'd still say the same. My point is these vehicles produce a ton of torque. I guess you didn't realize that either.

:thumbsdow

I'm not debating how much torque a bus produces. I'm not going to hazard a guess as to how that bus got like that - could be equipment failure, could be a bad driver, could be a number of different things.

But judging from your posts as of late, you seem to defend Calgary Transit an awful lot.

On a related note, think about how much a bus weighs. Your comparison to a 150hp drift car isn't really comparing apples to apples.

funkedelic2
12-09-2008, 04:37 PM
I love your car! It would be a lot of fun in this weather, i have always wanted one. My car in the snow is :facepalm: