PDA

View Full Version : '00 Pontiac Grand Am book value

wiggaplz
12-08-2008, 01:39 PM
What do you guys think the book value of an '00 Grand Am would be? Say I were to buy one, would I be getting a deal paying under 2 grand?

And also, what are common probels with Grand Am's? I heard tranny usually goes in all models, even dating back to like 95+ What do you guys think?

TomcoPDR
12-08-2008, 01:51 PM
If it's a 3.4L then your lower intake gasket will most likely leak(about 3 hours for licensed tech, 15 hours for me, true story :( :( :( )

And if it's 2.2l ecotech, well then you're just driving a Sunfire with 23.67% larger body panels. BUT if it's an ecotech there're tons of add-ons and GM factory turbo kits.

Is it GT, Coupe, Sedan, etc...???

How many K's? Anyways, pretty good shit banger if you ask me.

http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r95/Tomcompany/Past%20repairs/Random/DCP_1817.jpg http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r95/Tomcompany/Past%20repairs/Random/DCP_1816.jpg

Tik-Tok
12-08-2008, 01:53 PM
If you're getting it for $2000 from a friend, or family, and you know it's in good condition, then yes, good deal.

If you're buying it from a stranger... probably something (like the tranny) is wrong with it.

wiggaplz
12-08-2008, 01:53 PM
3.4 coupe and 120k's.

wiggaplz
12-08-2008, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by Tik-Tok
If you're getting it for $2000 from a friend, or family, and you know it's in good condition, then yes, good deal.

If you're buying it from a stranger... probably something (like the tranny) is wrong with it.

he's "selling" it for 2500, i immediately lowballed him to 2000 (sorry beyond).

he's shown me evidence of a new engine and tranny that was put on it.

i think why he's selling is because aesthetically the hood is fucked up. it has dents, and descolorations. it's red but the hood is like a very light red colour. the sides are all waxy and nice and teh hood looks like shit.

anyone know a possible story behind this....why the hood is a totally diff color?

corsvette
12-08-2008, 01:55 PM
Seems like a good deal for $2,000,if the intake does not leak the 3.4 is a reliable engine,and with 120k the tranny should have lots of life left.

wiggaplz
12-08-2008, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by corsvette
Seems like a good deal for $2,000,if the intake does not leak the 3.4 is a reliable engine,and with 120k the tranny should have lots of life left.
so what abotu the hood discoloration then??? how could this of happened? It is the same hood, it's not like hep ut a new one on there, just trying to figure out how the fuck it changed colors like that. it also has dents (i'll be honest, the hood looks like shit, rest of the car is gorgeous however) which is why he's selling it low. either way, i can get 'er fixed pretty easily from a buddy of mine for CHEAP, so i'm not worrying about that.

Preslow
12-08-2008, 02:21 PM
fail don't buy it you won't get your money out of it, there's cheaper beaters out there