PDA

View Full Version : Where can I get an in-car warmer?

frozenrice
12-08-2008, 09:23 PM
Are these thing still available? Mine just died on me so I'd like to get a new one, but can't find any info on them online. I found a bunch of 12v ones that plug into the lighter, but I'd rather have a 120v one.

westbeach70
12-08-2008, 10:14 PM
Go to any canadian tire store and ask to look at their " zero start " book or their block heater manual info book.. They are in the back of there and you CAN get them, ordered quite a few of them for people when I worked for Partsource back home in the Moose Jaw....

~ Papsy ~

szw
12-08-2008, 10:25 PM
Originally posted by frozenrice
Are these thing still available? Mine just died on me so I'd like to get a new one, but can't find any info on them online. I found a bunch of 12v ones that plug into the lighter, but I'd rather have a 120v one.

So you plug this into an inverter you have in your car? or its 120V to charge a battery and you bring it with you into the car?

How exactly does it work and how good of a job does it do?

westbeach70
12-08-2008, 10:27 PM
nah plugs in outside to your block heater cord. 2 plug in's rather then just your block heater cord you have another cord for the in car heater..

Cody D
12-08-2008, 11:00 PM
I used one in my first Jeep, it was great to get into a warm vehicle even on the coldest days.

frozenrice
12-08-2008, 11:13 PM
Originally posted by szw

So you plug this into an inverter you have in your car? or its 120V to charge a battery and you bring it with you into the car?

How exactly does it work and how good of a job does it do?

The 120v one that I'd like to get plugs into a regular household outlet, otherwise it'd drain the car's battery. It doesn't get the car toasty warm, but takes the bite off the cold when it's -20/-30. The added bonus is that the windows don't ice up as badly making it easier to clear the windows. In theory too, if you use it with a oil pan or block heater, you shouldn't have to idle the car very long either, saving you time and fuel. Keep in mind this is if you park your car outside. If you have a garage, it's not really needed as much as you would outside.

95EagleAWD
12-09-2008, 12:25 AM
Originally posted by Cody D
I used one in my first Jeep, it was great to get into a warm vehicle even on the coldest days.

Hell yeah. I had one in my Talon, it was great. Everyone called me a pussy, but it was like +15 in there on -30 days.

Tik-Tok
12-09-2008, 05:05 AM
I've boughten 2 at Canadian tire over the years, I imagine they still have them.

Cody D
12-09-2008, 05:27 AM
Originally posted by Tik-Tok
I've boughten 2 at Canadian tire over the years, I imagine they still have them.

Our local Canadian Tire only had the 12v ones in stock, I looked last year thoroughly.

khtm
12-09-2008, 08:51 AM
:goflames:

Tik-Tok
12-09-2008, 10:26 AM
Originally posted by Cody D

Our local Canadian Tire only had the 12v ones in stock, I looked last year thoroughly.

Hmmmm, So it appears the 2 I'm not currently using are in high demand, with no supply....

BIDDING STARTS AT $500 !

GQBalla
12-09-2008, 11:25 AM
i offer 5 dollers :D

beyond lowball ftw

S p a c e b a r
12-09-2008, 11:48 AM
They sell ass-pads at Canadian Tire too. They're cheap and stay nice and warm.

jibber
12-09-2008, 01:00 PM
I have a Little Buddy 900w cermaic space heater. It is very small, so it fits perfectly, say, under the passenger front seat with the outlet facing towards the passenger foot well. I used it last winter and was quite pleased with it.

However I no longer have a use for it. I'll see if I can dig it out (don't know where it is since I moved), but if someone wants to make me an offer, it's theirs.