PDA

View Full Version : best way to treat flu???? anyone know??

EG_Civic
12-08-2008, 09:52 PM
just asking for the best advice you beyonder have.. have had this for about a week now.. getting sick and tired of it wana go to work lol any ideas??

yue
12-08-2008, 09:56 PM
stay hydrated, rest and let the virus run its course.
sounds cliche but it works.

AE92_TreunoSC
12-08-2008, 09:56 PM
For some stupid reason NeoCitron always fixes my flu's. 2 cups and I'm good to work the next morning.

That and lots of vitamins and fruits.

Oldskool
12-08-2008, 10:06 PM
Lots of water and vitamins,

AND REST!

euphoria
12-08-2008, 10:11 PM
when i had the flew last year all i did was sleep as much as i could (since the flu makes you so tired) and drank a lot of water. i was able to get well in two days, but i wasnt that sick considering i didnt puke.

Davetronz
12-09-2008, 12:00 AM
Originally posted by AE92_TreunoSC
For some stupid reason NeoCitron always fixes my flu's. 2 cups and I'm good to work the next morning.

That and lots of vitamins and fruits.
NeoCitron has always played horrible games with my heart rate. I get very odd and heavy heart beat, I get very excitable and I start to panic and get very anxious. I'd rather be sick! lol.

revelations
12-09-2008, 12:18 AM
Flush your sinuses with a saline solution to keep bacteria from making a viral infection worse.

It really does help (unless you have no nasal congestion).

Darkane
12-09-2008, 12:56 AM
Quit acting sick. Get the fuck up and act normal.

Drink 4L of water, take some multi's and get out there.

AE92_TreunoSC
12-09-2008, 01:00 AM
Originally posted by revelations
Flush your sinuses with a saline solution to keep bacteria from making a viral infection worse.

It really does help (unless you have no nasal congestion).

I've been meaning to try this forever, but I just don't get colds or flu's anymore. (knock on wood)

I might just try it the next time I get sniffles.

Realistic
12-09-2008, 01:35 AM
neo citran at night helps me sleep.. add a shot of vodka to kill any bacteria, lol..
flush your body out with water...

cold fx ftl

revelations
12-09-2008, 01:51 AM
Originally posted by AE92_TreunoSC

I've been meaning to try this forever, but I just don't get colds or flu's anymore. (knock on wood)

I might just try it the next time I get sniffles.

Its not a pleasant feeling, but at least if you use (Neil Med) the proper stuff, your sinuses wont feel like theyre burning when you rinse.

A790
12-09-2008, 02:06 AM
Cardio! Whenever I'm sick I bust my ass doing some cardio and I always feel MUCH better after :)

GTS Jeff
12-09-2008, 02:11 AM
Originally posted by Darkane
Quit acting sick. Get the fuck up and act normal.

Drink 4L of water, take some multi's and get out there.

:werd: Just quit being a little bitch. Only girls get sick.

revelations
12-09-2008, 09:54 AM
Originally posted by A790
Cardio! Whenever I'm sick I bust my ass doing some cardio and I always feel MUCH better after :)

That shit works great for a head cold (ie congestion, stuffed up - bacterial infection) .... but once your whole body aches (viral infection), its better to rest.... and then get back into cardio asap afterwards.

turbotrip
12-09-2008, 09:58 AM
2 multi vitamins, a tylenol, and a bunch of orange juice/gatorade and your good to go the next day

adam c
12-11-2008, 01:25 AM
i have this stupid flu that's going around, apparently it's a pretty bad one. highly contagious, it's knocked me on my ass that's for sure. everyone tells me i look like shit
and that's their actual words

i talked to my mom, who works in the CHR and yea, best thing to do is isolate yourself so you don't get other people sick, take some medicine, bed rest, stay hydrated and eat

Dumbass17
12-11-2008, 06:59 PM
yeah im sick too
it's annoying thsi time of year cuz everyone is sick at work
so even if i do take a day off to get healthy, i'll just get sick at work again :(

adam c
12-11-2008, 07:08 PM
i'm on day 4 and i don't feel any better
my throat hurts more today then any other day

my fever last night was insane and it came back again today

Kritafo
12-11-2008, 08:45 PM
Oil of Oregano, will kill all that ails you. Tastes like crap, get it at the health food store, make sure you get a pro-biotic yogurt or cheese to put some good bacteria into your body.

Emergen-C drink fizzes. You can get them both at Planet Organic.

Don't get vitamin c capsules most of them are filled with fillers.

GTS Jeff
12-11-2008, 09:24 PM
Originally posted by Kritafo
Oil of Oregano, will kill all that ails you. Tastes like crap, get it at the health food store, make sure you get a pro-biotic yogurt or cheese to put some good bacteria into your body.

Emergen-C drink fizzes. You can get them both at Planet Organic.

Don't get vitamin c capsules most of them are filled with fillers. 1. Vitamin C is proven to not do a thing for colds
2. There are no studies to support that oil of oregano works
3. Probiotic bacteria found in foods end up in the GI tract, not the respiratory tract, so taking these won't do a thing either.

EG_Civic
12-11-2008, 09:42 PM
Originally posted by adam c
i'm on day 4 and i don't feel any better
my throat hurts more today then any other day

my fever last night was insane and it came back again today

tyenole my friend and lost of rest.. mines getting better fever will starts to go down after like 5 or 6 days it really sucks .. but im back at work already.. thanks for all your beyonders advices

Kritafo
12-11-2008, 09:46 PM
Originally posted by GTS Jeff
1. Vitamin C is proven to not do a thing for colds
2. There are no studies to support that oil of oregano works
3. Probiotic bacteria found in foods end up in the GI tract, not the respiratory tract, so taking these won't do a thing either.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-1088893/MRSA-wiped--OREGANO-say-British-scientists.html

Well I am not a vitamin pusher, but just as many studies suggest vitamin C does help. Oil of oregano will kill good and bad bacteria, and you need to put some good back into your system.

This is just another case of he said she said.. you believe what you do and I believe what I do.

adam c
12-11-2008, 09:49 PM
i've been taking motrin IB extra strength, it helps with the fever and the body aches but my throat is absolutely killing me... nothing i do stops it from hurting for more than a couple minutes

LadyLuck
12-11-2008, 09:50 PM
My mom has been using this method for as long as I can remember.

Now, we are Bosnian so theres always moonshine (rakija) in our house, you can also use saki or Bacardi 151 will work great as well, the stronger the better.

SOAK your socks in it completely, put them on your feet and throw on another pair of dry socks on top of them , then go to bed.

The alcohol will suck the fever right out, and you will feel much better in the morning.

Works great, i do it everytime I have the flu.

adam c
12-11-2008, 09:53 PM
wanna do my socks for me?

LadyLuck
12-11-2008, 09:56 PM
Originally posted by adam c
wanna do my socks for me?

sure, BYOB :D

adam c
12-11-2008, 10:16 PM
I have no B:( or else i would be drinking it right now

quincyb11
12-11-2008, 10:22 PM
Lots of fluids (Water, orange juice, herbal tea)

Lots of Rest

Sweat alot by bundling up even before you go to bed (Works for me all the time)

Depending on which stage your at it might be too late and you just have to let it take its course.

Kloubek
12-11-2008, 10:30 PM
Don't think sweating a lot really does too much.

But making sure your body is full of the proper vitamins and liquids is all you can really do for it. Taking something like Cold FX might help if you catch it early enough. Most do not.

For symptoms, the standard stuff might make you feel a bit better. Neo citron, etc.

Tylenol if you have fever, Advil if you do not. (Has inflammetory (sp) properties for your aches)

The flu sucks ass. You really just need to wait it out and keep your body in a condition that you can fight it.

Kloubek
12-11-2008, 10:31 PM
Anything that might use the placebo effect (ie: alcohol drenched socks) might help too from the looks of it. I hear leeches work good too. ;)

GTS Jeff
12-12-2008, 12:18 AM

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-1088893/MRSA-wiped--OREGANO-say-British-scientists.html

Well I am not a vitamin pusher, but just as many studies suggest vitamin C does help. Oil of oregano will kill good and bad bacteria, and you need to put some good back into your system.

This is just another case of he said she said.. you believe what you do and I believe what I do. Not at all...modern medicine is based on evidence, not personal beliefs. If you weren't stupid, you'd realize that a newspaper article isn't, "evidence."

cam_wmh
12-12-2008, 02:58 AM
Not at all...modern medicine is based on evidence, not personal beliefs. If you weren't stupid, you'd realize that a newspaper article isn't, "evidence."

hahAHAahha.

gqmw
12-12-2008, 04:37 AM
Originally posted by LadyLuck
My mom has been using this method for as long as I can remember.

Now, we are Bosnian so theres always moonshine (rakija) in our house, you can also use saki or Bacardi 151 will work great as well, the stronger the better.

SOAK your socks in it completely, put them on your feet and throw on another pair of dry socks on top of them , then go to bed.

The alcohol will suck the fever right out, and you will feel much better in the morning.

Works great, i do it everytime I have the flu.

Whoa interesting, definitely not something you hear everyday. I would have always thought that dampening your feet would cause a cold or something.

I'd like to try that, but I don't think I'm brave enough to do so...

Kritafo
12-12-2008, 07:34 AM
never said it was evidence. Just passing along the info.

When your sick, most people will pretty much try anything to feel better.

But I would go to the Dr if my throat was that sore and running a temp. If you have strep they might not even treat it now if it's been more than a few days.

LadyLuck
12-12-2008, 09:44 AM
Originally posted by gqmw

Whoa interesting, definitely not something you hear everyday. I would have always thought that dampening your feet would cause a cold or something.

I'd like to try that, but I don't think I'm brave enough to do so...

Just make sure your feet are warm when you put them on, and dont forget the pair of dry socks on top of it and head straight to bed. If anything you will wake up sweating from it.

Give it a try, it either works for you or it doesnt. Works for me everytime.

Dont forget to completely DRENCH the socks in it, not just a couple of drops.

Kritafo
12-12-2008, 10:07 AM
I am totally going to try the alcohol sock treatment. Next victim in the family that gets sick.

lint
12-12-2008, 10:27 AM
Not at all...modern medicine is based on evidence, not personal beliefs. If you weren't stupid, you'd realize that a newspaper article isn't, "evidence."

surprised you didn't point out that the flu is a virus and anti-bacterials like oil of oregano won't do anything.

quincyb11
12-12-2008, 10:35 AM
Originally posted by Kloubek
Don't think sweating a lot really does too much.

Sweating is one of the ways the virus exits your body. Urinating quite frequently helps as well.

It works for me all the time... I dunno, guess I just have a strong immune system. :dunno:

LUDELVR
12-12-2008, 10:40 AM
I haven't had the flu in 5 years until I came back to this bloody country! haha I just got over it and WOW, I guess standing in the midst of 30 kids whose hygiene can be questionable at best may also have played somewhat of a role!

I was pretty much incapacitated for about a week! I found that a product called cold f/x helped me get over it quicker and I regained my strength within a couple of days of taking it. Now I just have some symptoms of a cold like runny nose, coughing and some stuffiness. I guess the drinking alcohol during this time "may" have something to do with it...I'm not sure! :dunno:

Kritafo
12-12-2008, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by lint

surprised you didn't point out that the flu is a virus and anti-bacterials like oil of oregano won't do anything.

Do you know it's just the flu?

teggypimp95
12-12-2008, 11:21 AM
I find cold fx and oregano oil works not bad. But lots of fluids and lots of rest. If its not going away, see the doctor for some ammoxocilin. That usually clears it up in a few days.

lint
12-12-2008, 11:53 AM

Do you know it's not the flu? How about just answering the OP's question instead of reading between the lines and suggesting alternative treatments for ailments that he may or may not have? He didn't ask for a diagnosis from beyond wanna be doctors.

GTS Jeff
12-12-2008, 11:58 AM
Originally posted by lint

I didn't know that. Is there research indicating the anti viral properties of different essential oils? :D Actually I think teggypimp is the one who needs drug use counseling...amoxil for the cold!?

Do you know how to READ? :banghead:

LUDELVR
12-12-2008, 12:51 PM
Oh yah, and one other thing that helped me cope with the flu was Hot and Sour soup! haha, my dad used to feed it to us when we were little and maybe it's a psychological thing, but it helps sooth my soul! Fuck that chicken noodle soup stuff!!!