PDA

View Full Version : Your Dream Job?

pegasus
12-09-2008, 04:27 PM
So... What would you consider as your Dream Job?

I personally... would choose from 2...

1) CFD engineer / Aerodynamics engineer for any of the F1 teams. I love CFD, and fluid dynamics and working for the F1 teams would couple CFD and F1 racing love into one. Fluent 6.3 <3

2) Drilling Engineer for Oil Companies. Just seems like being able to say ... "hey... I drilled a 40,000 feet well last night...whats up?"
sounds so epic. (lol I didnt know D&M stood for till 3 weeks ago though)

I mean't dream job related to your field...Or something achievable.

Bonus Dream Job.

lol To become a world famous DJ/Producer. :) hahah

The_Rural_Juror
12-09-2008, 04:43 PM
I want Hughie's job.

EM1FTW
12-09-2008, 04:46 PM
lol one i have no chance of ever having: Taking Jermey, Richard or James' spot on top gear

ExtraSlow
12-09-2008, 04:46 PM
I just got job #2 after working five years in a different kind of petroleum engineering.
So far it does seem to be one of the most presitigous jobs in the 'patch, just because of how much money you spend. Really though, a lot of people would hate it because of how 24/7 it is. If your rig is working, you are taking calls in the middle of the nigth if anything goes wrong.

That being said, I'm enjoying it so far.

88jbody
12-09-2008, 04:47 PM
I am working towards mine.
Started as a mechanic, got my interprovincial licence and now have moved up to service manager. a few more years and I hope to buy in as a partner.

dream job in this field is to own 2-3 shops and relax and just have managers run them for me wile I sit on a beach and have some dark tanned girl bring my drinks.

badatusrnames
12-09-2008, 04:51 PM
Originally posted by pegasus

2) Drilling Engineer for Oil Companies. Just seems like being able to say ... &quot;hey... I drilled a 40,000 feet well last night...whats up?&quot;
sounds so epic. (lol I didnt know D&amp;M stood for till 3 weeks ago though)

Haha and you still don't know how deep oil wells go. Is that TVD or measured depth?

97'Scort
Getting paid to do body shots off Halle Berry for the rest of my life.

I love DJing...if I could make as much money from that as I do with engineering stuff I'd be happy. Pipe dream though.

Personally I'd just like a job that keeps me engaged, multiple projects, not just massive bloated drawn out ones, and co-workers that don't treat you like an outcast.

schocker
Some kind of oil and gas drilling, probably sagd type applications.

dream job of course would be a person assistant for rage2:rofl:

CausalInfluence
12-09-2008, 04:58 PM
Work for Force india engine/chasis engineer.

Own my own shop. Build turbo imports.

LadyLuck
12-09-2008, 05:01 PM
I have been working in the Music Industry for the last 4+ years.

I am the events assistant manager at Sait (the Gateway)
and have managed bands in the past, currently manage one and have also been tour managing as well.

My ultimate goal is to be an events manager at a bar outside of Sait, perhaps start my own management company or something along those lines.

still deciding but will be staying in the music biz :D

95EG6P
12-09-2008, 05:05 PM
Dream Job........ummmmmm

1) Play Halo 3 for living

2) No job at all and getting paid for it

3) Owning my own Fitness center

HybridTheory
12-09-2008, 05:11 PM
Are we talking realistically?

Realistically since I'm stuck in the insurance industry, I'd like to work in the field. But that's not really a "dream", it's my goal to be a field adjuster in the next year or two.

But if I could have any job, it'd be awesome to be an editor of a magazine or a designer of some sort.

pegasus
12-09-2008, 05:14 PM
Originally posted by badatusrnames

Haha and you still don't know how deep oil wells go. Is that TVD or measured depth?

Total measured depth.

jhmed
12-09-2008, 05:26 PM
My dream job is to be a gynecologist at a Teen Pregnancy Centre.

pegasus
12-09-2008, 05:29 PM
Originally posted by jhmed
My dream job is to be a gynecologist at a Teen Pregnancy Centre.

lol wow. just wow.

The Cosworth
12-09-2008, 05:30 PM
Originally posted by EM1FTW
lol one i have no chance of ever having: Taking Jermey, Richard or James' spot on top gear

damn I guess I would be the other person

Gondi Stylez
12-09-2008, 05:39 PM
Working towards mine of being a restaurateur.

SJW
12-09-2008, 05:45 PM

Total measured depth.

Total Vertical Depth?

max_boost
12-09-2008, 05:50 PM
Dream job is to NOT work. I'll just sit around, surf Beyond, go workout, travel etc.

pegasus
12-09-2008, 06:08 PM
Originally posted by SJW

Total Vertical Depth?

was that a joke? Why would you think it's a vertical depth? 40,000 feet weird enough IS the deepest 'hole' in the world. Atleast when I last read it was... pretty sure it was Kola peninsula in russia... i forget..... but not oil or gas, just for earth crust research.
32,000 feet is the deepest vertical hole I think for oil n gas. It's a gas well in Oklahoma because there was molten sulfer below.

I guess I mean't distance... not displacement.

pegasus
12-09-2008, 06:08 PM
Originally posted by max_boost
Dream job is to NOT work. I'll just sit around, surf Beyond, go workout, travel etc.

Talisman centre? Is that part of Talisman energy?

mr2mike
12-09-2008, 06:11 PM
Co-Host on Top Gear.

Trini
12-09-2008, 06:17 PM
as said before co host on top gear
and
president of FIFA

badatusrnames
12-09-2008, 06:25 PM

was that a joke? Why would you think it's a vertical depth? 40,000 feet weird enough IS the deepest 'hole' in the world. Atleast when I last read it was... pretty sure it was Kola peninsula in russia... i forget..... but not oil or gas, just for earth crust research.
32,000 feet is the deepest vertical hole I think for oil n gas. It's a gas well in Oklahoma because there was molten sulfer below.

I guess I mean't distance... not displacement.

So you pointed out the fallacy in your own original statement. As a drilling engineer for an oil company, you aren't going to be drilling holes 40,000 feet deep. Not even close.

pegasus
12-09-2008, 06:35 PM

So you pointed out the fallacy in your own original statement. As a drilling engineer for an oil company, you aren't going to be drilling holes 40,000 feet deep. Not even close.

You picked on the number rather than the general statement. Mean't , Drilling engineer in general is epic.

Supa Dexta
12-09-2008, 06:51 PM
:nut: The patch is not for you.

badatusrnames
12-09-2008, 06:56 PM

You picked on the number rather than the general statement. Mean't , Drilling engineer in general is epic.

But the statement really conveyed your ignorance... 40,000 ft? Come on.

Epic? I don't know about that. My cousin is a drilling engineer for Chevron... if sitting in a trailer in the middle of nowhere while the rig crew works is epic - so be it. It's not like you're going to be rotating the drillstring with your bare hands as you make it sound.

Anyways, you'll eventually end up in the office drawing up well plans and AFEs anyways - not epic. Some of the technology is pretty cool though... coiled tubing, underbalance drilling etc.

Although, my instructor for my drilling and completions course has some pretty cool stories about working offshore in the North Sea, Venezuela and Brunei. Plus onshore in Oman and the WCSB...

But if you want to work in the oil and gas sector so bad, have you thought of transferring to a university that has a petroleum engineering program and taking some courses? As your experience with Sclum has shown, if companies are going to be hiring in the downturn, it's not just going to be any warm body anymore. They are going to want people with relevant training.

For example, by the time I graduate, I'll have taken most of these courses:

http://ucalgary.ca/pubs/calendar/2008/what/courses/ENPE.htm

A lot are taught by professionals with years of experience and offer more of an practical, real world experience.

510-Trevor
12-09-2008, 07:01 PM
Originally posted by max_boost
I've been to your resturant, looks like you're half way to your dream job already. :rofl:

Sailz
12-09-2008, 07:17 PM
Probably a fighter pilot...top gun style!

Realistically I hope to work in Investment Banking

pegasus
12-09-2008, 07:20 PM

But the statement really conveyed your ignorance... 40,000 ft? Come on.

Epic? I don't know about that. My cousin is a drilling engineer for Chevron... if sitting in a trailer in the middle of nowhere while the rig crew works is epic - so be it. It's not like you're going to be rotating the drillstring with your bare hands as you make it sound.

Anyways, you'll eventually end up in the office drawing up well plans and AFEs anyways - not epic. Some of the technology is pretty cool though... coiled tubing, underbalance drilling etc.

Although, my instructor for my drilling and completions course has some pretty cool stories about working offshore in the North Sea, Venezuela and Brunei. Plus onshore in Oman and the WCSB...

But if you want to work in the oil and gas sector so bad, have you thought of transferring to a university that has a petroleum engineering program and taking some courses? As your experience with Sclum has shown, if companies are going to be hiring in the downturn, it's not just going to be any warm body anymore. They are going to want people with relevant training.

For example, by the time I graduate, I'll have taken most of these courses:

http://ucalgary.ca/pubs/calendar/2008/what/courses/ENPE.htm

A lot are taught by professionals with years of experience and
offer more of an practical, real world experience.

Aaaaaaaaaaaah. Man don't make assumptions. I haven't worked in CRUDE OIL, but I have worked the patch. I was Research engineer - intern for a year at Syncrude Research Centre in Edmonton. I designed a Thermal measurement data acquisition system with bluetooth interface for the hydrogen furnaces.
The design was used in a refinery in Azerbaijan by Exxon and at a refinery by Murphy oil and Nexen, along with Syncrude in their upgrading in Fort Mcmurray.

I am not stupid to the oil industry. I know how it goes. I know my ins and outs. I didn't know much about the drilling side of things since most of the work I did was in the refinery/upgrading section.

I want to get down and dirty. That is why I wanted the Schlumberger position. It is not like I don't have a position waiting at other companies. I can goto U of A grad school or Berkely or Caltech anytime I want. All sponsored. I have offers from Exxon Research and Syncrude.

But that is not the point. That is not something I want right now.

So once again, as I mentioned earlier. I am NOT stupid to the oil industry. I am not some random applying to make money in the oil patch. If you find mistakes in what I say about this section of the oil industry, correct me, educate me, but donot put me down.

'Nuf said.

Graham_A_M
12-09-2008, 07:20 PM
Originally posted by Supa Dexta
:nut: The patch is not for you.

Understatement of the year award. :clap:
The average well depth I used to work with was between 1800-2500 meters. The most any of my fellow co-workers logged in and around western Canada was 3300 meters.
40km's?/40,000 meters? okay :rolleyes:
Even 1/4 of that is a surreal rariety, very few rigs are capable of dealing with even that sort of depth.
I'm not too sure who you'd impress with those "stats" anyway, asides from a bunch of roughnecks or colleages at the bar. :nut:

The Cosworth
12-09-2008, 07:22 PM
Originally posted by Graham_A_M

The average well depth I used to work with was between 1800-2500 meters. The most any of my fellow co-workers logged in and around western Canada was 3300 meters.
Even 1/4 of that is a surreal rariety, very few rigs are capable of dealing with even that sort of depth.

The deepest I ever saw with shell/suncor when I was with schlumberger was 6500m, and that was string length. Most were in the 4000 range as you said.

Anyways that isn't the point of this thread but I do find it funny he wants to do D&M as a dream job. I hated it. :rofl:

pegasus
12-09-2008, 07:23 PM

I'm not too sure who you'd impress with those &quot;stats&quot; anyway, asides from a bunch of roughnecks or colleages at the bar. :nut:

40,000 ft first of all.

and 32,000 feet is already done.

pegasus
12-09-2008, 07:24 PM
The top 5 directional drilling records are all 25,000ft and greater.

Graham_A_M
12-09-2008, 07:27 PM
feet I should have said, what was I thinking:banghead: I guess its been a few years since I've heard of that stat.
And "he" is a "She" btw, her name is Joy.

Oldskool
12-09-2008, 07:27 PM

I'm not too sure who you'd impress with those &quot;stats&quot; anyway, asides from a bunch of roughnecks or colleages at the bar. :nut:
It was actually 40,000 feet, which is still rediculous,

40,000 feet = 12,191.4 meters, if that was drilled in 12 hours, your ROP would be 1015 m/hour.... you couldn't even trip that fast.

It was a stupid comment, but the point he was trying to get across was that he would like to be a drilling engineer. Which I can understand, drilling/completions is the field I would like to get into upon graduation.

pegasus
12-09-2008, 07:30 PM
feet I should have said, what was I thinking:banghead: I guess its been a few years since I've heard of that stat.
And &quot;he&quot; is a &quot;She&quot; btw, her name is Joy.

already mentioned it in previous thread...

It's Mrityunjoy

Joy for short

and it is HE.

but it's quite alright. Common mistake.

pegasus
12-09-2008, 07:31 PM
Neways, I don't want to argue with you guys. You all are really smart and helped me alot with my interview.

Sorry for the 40,000ft. I will be more careful in the future.

badatusrnames
12-09-2008, 07:40 PM

Aaaaaaaaaaaah. Man don't make assumptions. I haven't worked in CRUDE OIL, but I have worked the patch. I was Research engineer - intern for a year at Syncrude Research Centre in Edmonton.

I've read your other thread, I'm not making assumptions. Just conclusions based on everything you've posted on here. I wouldn't call sitting in some research center the patch. Have you ever been to a rig?

I designed a Thermal measurement data acquisition system with bluetooth interface for the hydrogen furnaces.
The design was used in a refinery in Azerbaijan by Exxon and at a refinery by Murphy oil and Nexen, along with Syncrude in their upgrading in Fort Mcmurray.

I know I know, you pull this out anytime anyone calls you out for being uninformed. Congrats.

I am not stupid to the oil industry. I know how it goes. I know my ins and outs. I didn't know much about the drilling side of things since most of the work I did was in the refinery/upgrading section.

Most people reading any of your posts would have to disagree.

I want to get down and dirty. That is why I wanted the Schlumberger position. It is not like I don't have a position waiting at other companies. I can goto U of A grad school or Berkely or Caltech anytime I want. All sponsored. I have offers from Exxon Research and Syncrude.

Do the grad work then, you'll hate life after 6 months of getting "down and dirty"

So once again, as I mentioned earlier. I am NOT stupid to the oil industry. I am not some random applying to make money in the oil patch. If you find mistakes in what I say about this section of the oil industry, correct me, educate me, but donot put me down.

Again, you've shown that you've got lots to learn. And you just throw out a ton of random assumptions that are way off base. Do some research before you start spouting off figures and facts.

And if you're having a hard time with people putting you down online, go work in the field and see how people treat a naive, wide eyed and green engineer.

1997GSR
12-09-2008, 07:45 PM
JTF-2 Operator out in some foreign country.

Darkane
12-09-2008, 07:50 PM
In my field, I'd like to get VP of Operations of my oil company.. I need to finish a Bachelors for that though.

Second field dream job, Control room operator from the office In calgary (Possibility in the future)

Dream job: Rock star, Astronaut.. Something like that.

Graham_A_M
12-09-2008, 07:54 PM
My dream job would be:
To be one of the worlds most celebrated centerfold photographers.
I can really dig being out in a beach somewhere exotic taking photos of top female models, and getting paid out the ass to do it.

hmmm.... whats stopping me? :D

pegasus
12-09-2008, 07:54 PM

I've read your other thread, I'm not making assumptions. Just conclusions based on everything you've posted on here. I wouldn't call sitting in some research center the patch. Have you ever been to a rig?

I know I know, you pull this out anytime anyone calls you out for being uninformed. Congrats.

Most people reading any of your posts would have to disagree.

Do the grad work then, you'll hate life after 6 months of getting &quot;down and dirty&quot;

Again, you've shown that you've got lots to learn. And you just throw out a ton of random assumptions that are way off base. Do some research before you start spouting off figures and facts.

And if you're having a hard time with people putting you down online, go work in the field and see how people treat a naive, wide eyed and green engineer.

Thanks. Point noted. :)

ExtraSlow
12-09-2008, 08:08 PM
the real world is a tough place. Nobody on a rig gives a shit if you could have your post-grad all paid for. They are more interested in knowing how fast you learn to shut up and learn.

pegasus
12-09-2008, 08:12 PM
I don't know if the oil sands would count as a 'rig'? if so, yes I have. Been in those massive trucks too.

badatusrnames
12-09-2008, 08:20 PM
I don't know if the oil sands would count as a 'rig'? if so, yes I have. Been in those massive trucks too.

See... that's what I mean. I'm not trying to be rude - but I thought you knew the "patch." These are basics. You want to be drilling engineer, but you don't know what a rig is... are you serious, or just baiting me?

A rig is what puts the hole in the ground. You went to a mining project, which is not even remotely related to a drilling rig. SAGD and CSS for example, use drilling.

This:
http://www.borealbirds.org/news_images/051206-ChristianScienceMonitor-Newest%20hot%20spot%20for%20oil%20production.JPG

Does not equal this:

http://compliance-partners.com/images/drill_rig.gif

Stand, monkey board, kelly bushing, mud tanks, doghouse, crown block, J-55 casing, drill collars, bentonite, Tool Push, PDC, gel-chem, tricone... any of this sound familiar?

EvolutionI
12-09-2008, 08:51 PM
I would love to be a marketer working for a Japanese automobile manufacturer. Something cool where, I could work 2 weeks in Japan, then 2 weeks back in Canada. I don't really care what company it is, but I would love to be the creative director. If not, anything that gets me decent pay, a position where I can be a part of the creative design, and travel.

Not in the marketing field, I want a job that has some travel, like once a month or so. As long as its not to fort McMurray.

Other dream job, would be to open a HIGH end tire store, dealing exclusively with custom wheels. Then eventually branch out to the store becoming a complete stop for any modifications. I could do custom wheels all day long, but with the economy heading the way it is, looks like that dream is a couple years away :(

Graham_A_M
12-09-2008, 09:08 PM

See... that's what I mean. I'm not trying to be rude - but I thought you knew the &quot;patch.&quot; These are basics. You want to be drilling engineer, but you don't know what a rig is... are you serious, or just baiting me?

Dude, just let it go man, seriously.

Joy is the "Very familier" guy that isn't. :banghead:

Isaiah
12-09-2008, 09:13 PM
International business broker.

Boosted Gtir
12-09-2008, 09:15 PM
pedo bear assistant

adidas
12-09-2008, 09:19 PM
Tour Guide somewhere in Europe!

Play Pro-Basketball.

Own a Restaurant/Night-Club

Propel a cruise ship(Guess that would make me a engineer?)

Test Car driver-F1 Driver-Race Car driver(not nascar)

HiTempguy1
12-09-2008, 09:45 PM
Dream job #1:

Get paid to race (unlikely)

Dream job #2:

Get paid to co-drive in rally racing (we'll put a mabye next to it, working on that :D )

Dream job #3:

Some sort of media position. Preferably in development/production of motorsports video/tv clips.

Reality: Instrumentation Engineering Technologist in another year and a bit. *SIGH*

Dumbass17
12-09-2008, 09:50 PM
i've never really thought of this..but off the top of my head..

pro motorcycle racer
resort owner
actor
wait wait..i'd like to be a milf actress's boy toy haha (sup heather locklear, jennifer aniston etc)

Ajay
12-09-2008, 10:53 PM
I've always been into sports since I was a little kid. I've got a deep passion for anything sports related but my dream job would involve getting into the business side of sports.

Marketing or finance with a major sports league or team would be awesome for me.

I know UofA has a MBA Sports Management Program. Might look into that a little more and try to make my dream a reality!

vipstyle2
12-09-2008, 10:55 PM
Male model mang.
Travel, get paid, free sick clothe's, bang hot bicthes in europe come home to a hot wife in my sexy home.

Redlyne_mr2
12-09-2008, 11:13 PM
Originally posted by vipstyle2
Male model mang.
Travel, get paid, free sick clothe's, bang hot bicthes in europe come home to a hot wife in my sexy home.

Yah.. ummm thats not really what male modelling is about. Most of them are gay, underpaid and overworked.

As for me... f1 driver

Or own a ski school at one of the larger resorts in the US.

broken_legs
12-09-2008, 11:13 PM
Dream Job:
Beyond.ca Forum Mod.

Dream Job:
Pro Snowboarder / Rally Car Driver

Dream Job:
Being Kelly Slater

msommers
12-09-2008, 11:37 PM
F1 Driver or Euro futball star!

EDIT: or become Chef Gordon Ramsey or an Iron Chef

bashir26
12-09-2008, 11:48 PM
F1 driver, or own an F1 team or be an F1 groupie no homo. If that doesn't work I'd like to create a successful website.

$lick_rYz
12-09-2008, 11:48 PM
- Own a couple of high end hotels

- A lead guitarist in a band (a famous band of course ) and not suck at playing the guitar!

- Own a classy restaurant

Canmorite
12-10-2008, 12:12 AM
http://img301.imageshack.us/img301/7962/multimonitorsetupls1.jpg

harv91
12-10-2008, 05:05 AM
In the NHL, being the guy who opens the door to the penalty box.
Think about it, front row seats, get to meet so many players AND get paid for it lol.
Only if it paid a little more.

Another awesome dream job would be being back up goalie to like Kipper or something.
You get like around half a Mil. a year and even if you play bad, its not like media would be all over you. They expect you to play shitty. ahhahaha

pegasus
12-10-2008, 06:35 AM
Pro Snowboarder would be another thing. or PRo surfer.

Wolf69
12-10-2008, 06:44 AM
Special Effects in Movie industry like blowing stuff up. And or monster effects, like corpses & such. My dream job.

2nd dream job driving in a rally race & or test driving new concept cars.

3rd. job... working with the mythbusters :)

Currently Im a hardware testing Specialist with Smart Technologies I test the smartboards themselves its a cool job gets to see all the new multi touch projector screens & see the new technology in touch for laptops :)

Would like to own my own prop making shop. like www.scarefactory.com or www.unit70.com :)

The Cosworth
12-10-2008, 08:30 AM
Originally posted by Canmorite
http://img301.imageshack.us/img301/7962/multimonitorsetupls1.jpg

who is that?

beyondpinoy
12-10-2008, 08:33 AM
my dream job is to invent a very useless but successful pyramid scheme and then never work another day because of the income i make from other people being idiots in buying into the scheme.. hahahahahah

gretz
12-10-2008, 08:45 AM
working at it - starting my own company soon :thumbsup:

jibber
12-10-2008, 10:32 AM
Any job in the auto industry would do it for me. I wouldn't mind a job consulting for a major manufacturer, preferably Japanese. As it is now, I'm on my way for that kind of job a few years down the road. I have two cars, a house, a kid, and money left over to buy some bling for the missus and I and some toys for me :)

But realistically, as long as I make enough money to maintain my current lifestyle and my boss isn't an ass****, I'll do almost any job out there.

ApexDrift
12-10-2008, 10:38 AM
Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2

As for me... f1 driver

im with Redlyne_mr2, i dream of being a pro F1 prodigy. amazing machines, racing on the some of the greatest tracks in the world, traveling the world.

KLCC
12-10-2008, 10:44 AM
1) Car designer (interior/exterior)
2) Weapon designer
3) Dictator of some country.......:D

Canmorite
12-10-2008, 10:44 AM
Originally posted by The Cosworth

who is that?

Adam Sender

http://www.stocktradingtogo.com/2007/09/25/are-20-monitors-enough-for-one-trader-you-decide/

89coupe
12-10-2008, 11:33 AM
I would love to open my own restaurant.

no_joke
12-11-2008, 10:57 PM
Transportation planner for the MTA subway system in New York City.

flipstah
12-11-2008, 11:04 PM
Originally posted by EM1FTW

Same.

It'd be also cool to live your invention. Like the guy who made the Super Soaker!

He was in NASA for fuck sakes! So much ENGG for a squirter.

broken_legs
12-11-2008, 11:14 PM
Originally posted by 89coupe

How much would lunch cost?

vipstyle2
12-11-2008, 11:19 PM
Redlyne. Its a dream remember =] :D

badatusrnames
12-11-2008, 11:26 PM
Originally posted by 89coupe

Originally posted by broken_legs

How much would lunch cost?

Ba-Zing!

B20EF
12-11-2008, 11:27 PM
http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee174/b18c_ek/durexnn0.jpg

blinkme_210
12-11-2008, 11:37 PM
Haha lot's of people in here with the same dreams.

As for me:
1 - F1 driver
2 - Astronaut
3 - Pro snowboarder

swak
12-12-2008, 12:08 AM
-Pro BMX rider, or M. Spinner's RH man, or own a successful bike shop
-Prime Minister, leading the Liberal Party

Realistically working towards it...
-RCMP, or if things work out... CSIS

cam_wmh
12-12-2008, 02:41 AM
Snowboard Production Manager
For 5 seasons, I was working with a friend creating snowboard videos. I did the "management" side. Setting up trips/premieres/sponsors. etc; Unless you're one of the top players, (Absinthe, MDP, Standard, etc;) you're just getting by. The partying, pow turns, and fun involved just couldn't keep me going for such minimal money (& free gear). I'd love to be doing it, making 6 figures. Unfortunately, even the biggest player in that game, is now moving away from Snowboard Videos - Mike McIntyre of Mack Dawg, having just finished their last season. (word in the industry anyhow; attribute it to new online media, & every kid having a 3chip nowadays.)

Pro Footballer or Formula 1
Old team-mate, & friend Owen Hargreaves is playing for my favorite club. I still play a ton. So much more style, in European sport.

Marketing Event Manager (big corp)
This is on my career path - positions on the radar have dried up internally, due to the downturn unfortunately.

... really though, I can't complain with how things are now. Hockey once a week, soccer a couple times a week & snowboarding a ton & I like my job. :dunno:

yue
12-12-2008, 03:03 AM
m.d , so i can answer my phone in movie theaters. then when people get mad i can say
"when i don't pick up my phone people die"

AG_Styles
12-12-2008, 08:46 AM
Dream Job 1: Creative Director at Square-Enix.
Alternative: Producer at a small but extremely talented and skilled independent game studio.

Reality: Game Designer at Ubisoft.

flipstah
12-12-2008, 03:42 PM
Originally posted by B20EF
http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee174/b18c_ek/durexnn0.jpg

You'd think that'd be a great job but what if during testing, it broke?

Kobe
12-12-2008, 04:19 PM
Play Poker for a living

kamakurakid
12-12-2008, 04:21 PM
Goal keeper for the Montreal Canadians, maybe the Flames but they will not win anything for many years....poor ownership decisions.

C.E.O. of Apple.

Starter at ManU, Barcelona or Chelsea.

WRC driver.

Shinto priest in Japan.....the money is very good, the clothing is so fine and the digs are large and grand.

Head of FIFA....no brainer job with many goodies.

ExtraSlow
12-12-2008, 04:46 PM
Originally posted by Kobe
Play Poker for a living

One of the guys I work with's brother does this. He spends like 50 hours a week in a casino. Sounds like a pretty hard job to me, and fairly stressfull.

Kobe
12-12-2008, 05:06 PM
Originally posted by ExtraSlow

One of the guys I work with's brother does this. He spends like 50 hours a week in a casino. Sounds like a pretty hard job to me, and fairly stressfull.

It is, I'm doing it right now actually, but I would love 2 be able not 2 have to grind the low $50 games and get to move up to the big games :)

I know a lot of people doing it actually

thrasher22
12-13-2008, 04:20 PM
Pro skier!
Otherwise... I'd probably do nothing at all, just hang with friends and travel.
As far as a realistic dream job I'd be a web designer... like I am now, just with less overtime and more pay ;)

aklalani
12-13-2008, 05:24 PM
playing poker for a living gets boring after a while. even if your winning. trust me. i tried it for a stretch. online and live play. my dream job isnt really a dream job. i consider ownership different from an actual job. but i would like to own a ton of property and live off it and trade stocks on the side all day. OH BABY:thumbsup:

Alterac
12-13-2008, 05:49 PM
Idea Guy
- I come up with ideas, and someone else does them, then I get to test it all out.

World Traveler
- Travel the world and report on everything I do.

Flip Houses as full time job
- I love using my hands. heh.

Kobe
12-13-2008, 06:10 PM
Originally posted by aklalani
playing poker for a living gets boring after a while. even if your winning. trust me. i tried it for a stretch. online and live play. my dream job isnt really a dream job. i consider ownership different from an actual job. but i would like to own a ton of property and live off it and trade stocks on the side all day. OH BABY:thumbsup:
It has it's ups and downs for sure, but I have a lot of friends that do play, and we have a lot of voice calls and it is enjoyable, railing each other, helping each other out...

I'm talking about only having 2 play the $100+ MTT's

dino_martini
12-13-2008, 07:09 PM
Commercial 747 Pilot

BigWill
12-13-2008, 07:18 PM
Originally posted by yue
m.d , so i can answer my phone in movie theaters. then when people get mad i can say
&quot;when i don't pick up my phone people die&quot;

LOL
and i would like to be one of those people that travel to resorts (hotels etc.) all over the world and report my findings in magazines

zipdoa
12-13-2008, 07:18 PM
playing music for a living... what could be more awesome than 250 000 people singing the words to your song while you rock a guitar solo!?

S13_Ryan
12-13-2008, 07:22 PM
nhl player