PDA

View Full Version : Robert Half / Accountemps

WWJAI
12-09-2008, 04:48 PM
I have to go in for a test soon to evaluate my skills. I was just wondering if anyone with experience with these agencies knows what I should expect for the tests.

He mentioned a data entry test and accounting test. How hard should I be expecting these to be?

GOnSHO
12-09-2008, 04:50 PM
i work for Robert Half Technologies...

good company, always looking out for whats best for me..

never did a test tho...? but thats cuz im not an Accountant

bigboom
12-09-2008, 06:06 PM
i did one coming out of school...its a basic test where they get you to enter things into cells in excel and do basic functions.

old_school_new
02-05-2009, 05:17 PM
so how did you find Robert Half? Did you end up finding any employment through them?

WWJAI
02-05-2009, 08:41 PM
Originally posted by old_school_new
so how did you find Robert Half? Did you end up finding any employment through them?

Nope. Absoluely nothing. I even updated my representative on everything and he showed no interest.

I went in doing excellent on all my tests. He even said I had one of the highest data entry results he had seen. Once reviewing my results, he even admitted I did much better than he had expected.

It is possible I never found a job with them because of the tough economic situation and many companies do have hiring freezes going on.

old_school_new
02-05-2009, 08:52 PM
Ah that's too bad, have you found another agency that was of more help? Out of curiosity what was the name of your recruiter? Anyway, I'm still job hunting...

WWJAI
02-05-2009, 11:26 PM
Yah I just had a temp job for this week with Friday Professional Group. I've dealt with them before and decided to go back and within a week they called me. I was offered by the company today for a lil longer stay but I had to decline. I will be staring a temporary 3 month term elsewhere on Monday.

Good luck with your job search. PM me if you have any questions about temp agencies. I had a tough time finding a job as well. My next term position is not fully accounting related too but it'll help me out financially for now.

Xtrema
02-05-2009, 11:29 PM
Lots of people I know got interviews but in the end the posting get pulled because of the cut backs.

Remaining few jobs will be highly competitive. And you are looking at another batch of students in 3 months and most of them are already job searching now.

Time for plan b and c.

WWJAI
02-05-2009, 11:36 PM
Originally posted by Xtrema
Lots of people I know got interviews but in the end the posting get pulled because of the cut backs.

Exactly what happened to me. It was a company I really wanted to work for as well. :(

ryeguy252
02-06-2009, 10:53 AM
I've gone through Accounttemps before for part-time positions/contract. Good company, got a job like 2 weeks after I got tested. Its nice to be paid weekly!