PDA

View Full Version : how much will be the repair for this?

banffer
12-09-2008, 08:40 PM
So, just now, the wife crashed into the middle fender on the high way, and the car is like this.
I have a 1000 deductable, so I need to know how much will the repair for this? or easier, will this be more than 1000?

an area of the bumper is completely through as you can see the white foam inside.
the fog is broken and the left front wheel is also damaged.

http://lh6.ggpht.com/__Y9FDeeveb4/ST8rLn2EVsI/AAAAAAAAChc/xOlS_BZFcIM/s800/SPA57856.JPG

ok, picture of the wheel, wheel rashed, and tire punched.
http://lh4.ggpht.com/__Y9FDeeveb4/ST8zB3p1pjI/AAAAAAAACh8/kPjnm3IqXTA/s800/SPA57854.JPG http://lh6.ggpht.com/__Y9FDeeveb4/ST8zI-LXr8I/AAAAAAAACiI/TiDdCE3OpX4/s800/SPA57862.JPG

craigcd
12-09-2008, 08:42 PM
From what i can see it looks like it will be about 437.00.

Redlyne_mr2
12-09-2008, 08:42 PM
If you arent doing the labor yourself it will be over $1000 easily.

Looks like you need a new foglight, front bumper, any associated clips and fasteners. Parts will be at least $500 plus paint.

Is the wheel just scuffed or bent to hell? A new wheel wont be cheap.

BlackArcher101
12-09-2008, 08:44 PM
Yep, easily over $1000

drtoohotty1
12-09-2008, 08:45 PM
ya what redlyne said pending on how bad the wheels is im gonna estimate 1500-2000

7thgenvic
12-09-2008, 08:50 PM
take more pictures buddyyy

Weapon_R
12-09-2008, 08:51 PM
I wouldn't make a claim for that. $1000 deductible and increased insurance premiums for a job that looks like you can fix for under $1500 isn't really worth the extra trouble.

benyl
12-09-2008, 08:53 PM
The bumper after paint will likely be close to $800.

Fog light is probably $100 if you can get just the one side.

Wheel is probably $400 if it is bent beyond repair.

You will probably need an alignment if she hit hard enough to bend the wheel.

89s1
12-09-2008, 08:55 PM
OEM wheels aren't cheap, and a painted bumper/fog is ~900 after parts and labour.

Probably come in around 1400 for the repair at the least.

edit: benyl read my mind.... creepy.

Isaiah
12-09-2008, 08:56 PM
Is replacement an option?

shynepho
12-09-2008, 08:59 PM
Original Post Removed. (Please read the Forum Rules and Terms of Use (http://forums.beyond.ca/articles.php?action=data&item=1) before posting again, or risk getting banned).

banffer
12-09-2008, 09:06 PM
I am not too worry about the wheel, it is a steel rim with snow tire, I am pretty sure I need to replace the tire and the wheel.

SNAATCH
12-09-2008, 09:09 PM
If I were you i'd wait til spring to fix it in case she messes it up again! ;)

drtoohotty1
12-09-2008, 09:16 PM
the main thing i would be worried about is the alignemnt and any steering components.

Proboscis
12-09-2008, 09:20 PM
Mazda 6 right? Looks like your Headlamp is off a bit, maybe broken mounting tabs.

banffer
12-09-2008, 09:23 PM
Originally posted by drtoohotty1
the main thing i would be worried about is the alignemnt and any steering components.

yes, now I can only see the cosmetic damages, I am afraid of the inside damage.

banffer
12-09-2008, 09:37 PM
if I claim this, how much insurance will go up? like percentage wise?

Darkane
12-09-2008, 09:38 PM
Hit your wife

Senseiz
12-09-2008, 09:39 PM
Originally posted by banffer
http://lh6.ggpht.com/__Y9FDeeveb4/ST8zI-LXr8I/AAAAAAAACiI/TiDdCE3OpX4/s800/SPA57862.JPG

That is the hood and fender, right..
Add a few hundred to that as well.

Looks like a Mazda 3 GT

TACO.VIDAL
12-09-2008, 09:39 PM
middle fender?

hopefully everyone was unharmed.

So, just now, the wife crashed into the middle fender on the high way, and the car is like this

http://lh6.ggpht.com/__Y9FDeeveb4/ST8rLn2EVsI/AAAAAAAAChc/xOlS_BZFcIM/s800/SPA57856.JPG

ok, picture of the wheel, wheel rashed, and tire punched.
http://lh4.ggpht.com/__Y9FDeeveb4/ST8zB3p1pjI/AAAAAAAACh8/kPjnm3IqXTA/s800/SPA57854.JPG http://lh6.ggpht.com/__Y9FDeeveb4/ST8zI-LXr8I/AAAAAAAACiI/TiDdCE3OpX4/s800/SPA57862.JPG

Proboscis
12-09-2008, 09:40 PM
The fender is repairable.

Drunkn_masta
12-09-2008, 09:40 PM
Easily over 1000. But whether or not it'll be enough to justify the increased insurance premium... i don't know. :dunno:

Maybe you should leave the fender until after winter incase she crashes it again lol

Freestylin
12-09-2008, 09:47 PM
Yeah, judging from the pictures..it would be easily over $1000 if you are to send it off to a body shop

banffer
12-09-2008, 09:49 PM
Nobody is harmed,:) but she is definitely scared. I wasn't there, she was on her way home from work and she says it all happens in a splite of a second, and she said the car spin on the high way like 720 degrees and stop in the middle of the road backwards, with 2 huge trucks coming,she move to the shoulders quickly and called me then.

Kloubek
12-09-2008, 09:50 PM
Originally posted by Proboscis
The fender is repairable.

There is no point in repairing that fender. It probably costs $500, and it has to be entirely repainted anyway.

I'd agree... $2000-$2500 would be my guess.

But OP: Why not just go get a quote? You are not obligated to get the work done, and they do em for free. Then, call your insurance company and tell them that you had XXXX.XX amount of damage. Ask them what will happen to your premium if you claim it via your deductable. You're wasting time taking pictures and telling us about it, rather than talking to the people who can actually help you.

You can probably save yourself quite a bit by trying to find a Mazda3 headlight somewhere. Or replace them with aftermarket lights. I suspect the headlight assembly itself is probably $500 from the dealer; if not more. Maybe not replace it at all? The bumper and wheel seem to have taken the brunt. Of course, if you go through insurance, you'll get everything repaired.

Sorry to hear about her (your) luck. Glad she is ok.

Originally posted by Proboscis
It's cheaper to fix that fender then to replace it.

Would it? I didn't even think that these OEM urethane bumpers could be properly fixed at all? Only fiberglass.... :dunno:

Proboscis
12-09-2008, 09:58 PM
It's cheaper to fix that fender then to replace it.

banffer
12-09-2008, 10:02 PM
Originally posted by Kloubek

There is no point in repairing that fender. It probably costs $500, and it has to be entirely repainted anyway.

I'd agree... $2000-$2500 would be my guess.

But OP: Why not just go get a quote? You are not obligated to get the work done, and they do em for free. Then, call your insurance company and tell them that you had XXXX.XX amount of damage. Ask them what will happen to your premium if you claim it via your deductable. You're wasting time taking pictures and telling us about it, rather than talking to the people who can actually help you.

You can probably save yourself quite a bit by trying to find a Mazda3 headlight somewhere. Or replace them with aftermarket lights. I suspect the headlight assembly itself is probably $500 from the dealer; if not more. Maybe not replace it at all? The bumper and wheel seem to have taken the brunt. Of course, if you go through insurance, you'll get everything repaired.

Sorry to hear about her (your) luck. Glad she is ok.

Yes, you are right, it's just I live in Banff, and there is no body shop here, I will have to drive that car to Canmore to get the quote, which will involve change the wheel, get all the snow out of the engine bay and stuff first, so I kinda want to use some of the beyonders experience to give me a idea.

I think I will take tomorrow off, to get this done and rent another car,maybe, well we are lucky, we have the grand touring option in the policy, so rental is covered.

VetteRacin
12-09-2008, 10:19 PM
That wheel is maybe $130 max fyi

EG_Civic
12-09-2008, 10:21 PM
drifting??? probably new bumper fog light.. looks like your fenders i do able

Wehbeast
12-09-2008, 10:34 PM
Replace the parts yourself or find a backalley bodyman to put it back together, then take it to screaming paintworks to get it painted

rc2002
12-09-2008, 11:16 PM
Depends what kind of job you want done. It's a brand new car so you'll probably want to do it right. But there's always the option of doing a hackjob. The only thing that will need to be done right away is to replace the wheel/tire.

Then you could bide your time and wait for used parts to become available. You could seal up the headlight with some sealant (or even some tape) for now. The rest of it is just cosmetic damage really and doesn't really affect safety or driveability.

Or if you have the 6/9 star insurance then you get one free claim - it might be worth it to use it here.

realazy
12-09-2008, 11:26 PM
See if you can get any one you get you a discount for OEM parts. The employee discount usually is cost + 10% and shaves at least 30-40% off retail, and I emphasize at least.

You should check if the headlight brackets are damaged, since it's such a new car you might want to replace the light due to that. It is fixable however if the housing isn't damaged. $200+ for replacement.

The bumper brand new would range from $400+ retail, you best bet is wait for a used one or just go for a OEM replacement.

The bracket for the fender is going to be bent for sure. It'll be cheaper replacing it, that will range from $250+ and you have the same options as the bumper.

Lastly, no one seemed to mention that the bracket that extends out from the rad support to hold the fender in place is most likely bent. On a lot of new cars, there's usually a metal piece right under the headlight attached to the rad support that supports the bumper so it doesn't move. If the impact was high, it could've pushed that metal piece into the rad support. You MIGHT have some damage there.

That looks like a $2000 job if everything is brand new OEM.

cyrusli
12-09-2008, 11:31 PM
bumper is cheaper to replace probably, and even if both are repairable, paint will be enough to make it over $1000 because they can't just spray the few spots that are scratched or scuffed, they need to match it.

tom_9109
12-10-2008, 09:44 AM
It would appear that the bumper is sticking through the cover, chances are its damaged and there is a real possibility of damage you're not seeing.
Replace bumper/fogs etc.
Repair fender
Blend Hood and possibly drivers door (plus R/I if the door needs it)
Headlight
replace wheel if damaged (can't really see)
Repair suspension/steering

If you get some good pictures from the front, side and corner. from a little more of a distance I can do a ballpark estimate for ya. Check the headlamp and see if it wiggles and try to get me a better look at the bumper sticking through the cover.

adam c
12-10-2008, 09:50 AM
don't let her drive again

ralliart_girl
12-10-2008, 09:51 AM
So like everyone else has said...it is over $ 1000 easy. Just the replacement of the bumper alone is more than that.

In regards to the preimum increase....I don't know what it will be. However, a claim is a claim...so it doesn't matter if they cover $ 1000 or $ 10,000....the increase will be based on the fact that it is an at fault accident. Best bet is to to talk to your broker, if you have one, or insurance company.

Edit: I'm assuming it is a single vehicle accident.....

em2ab
12-10-2008, 10:29 AM
I just got an estimate for a replacement bumper + repaint. It was $1200. Then yuo need a foglight and wheel.

banffer
12-10-2008, 02:02 PM
I got a rough estimate from a local shop(in Canmore) for 3500 cosmetic wise, the guy says he has to unsalt and let the snow melt over night first and get an accurate estimate.

I put the claim through my insurance company because it's a daily drive for the wife, I want it get repaired ASAP, also because of the car rental coverage (well, I got a G5)

Thanks for all you inputs and infos, guys, I appreciate it. I will let the shops do their jobs because of the concern of any mechanical problems hidden.

Aleks
12-10-2008, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by ralliart_girl
So like everyone else has said...it is over $ 1000 easy. Just the replacement of the bumper alone is more than that.

In regards to the preimum increase....I don't know what it will be. However, a claim is a claim...so it doesn't matter if they cover $ 1000 or $ 10,000....the increase will be based on the fact that it is an at fault accident. Best bet is to to talk to your broker, if you have one, or insurance company.

Edit: I'm assuming it is a single vehicle accident.....

Not all insurance policies are the same. I get one freebie with no increase due to my rating.

Preslow
12-11-2008, 10:03 AM
I got a rough estimate from a local shop(in Canmore) for 3500 cosmetic wise, the guy says he has to unsalt and let the snow melt over night first and get an accurate estimate.

I put the claim through my insurance company because it's a daily drive for the wife, I want it get repaired ASAP, also because of the car rental coverage (well, I got a G5)

Thanks for all you inputs and infos, guys, I appreciate it. I will let the shops do their jobs because of the concern of any mechanical problems hidden.

i was going to say, its got to be higher than 2500

banffer
12-12-2008, 04:36 PM
edit:removed