PDA

View Full Version : Transmitter problem

2pogi
12-09-2008, 10:11 PM
I got a polar remote starter 2760. When the weather is warm it started fine but when the weather start getting cold, I haven't a hard time starting it. I know there is an adjustment that you need to do for cold weather. I lost my user manual and I can't find it anywhere on the internet. someone suggested to use the same procedure as AS1260 but doesn't seem to work. Any suggestions? Much appreciated.

97'Scort
12-09-2008, 11:04 PM
I don't know if they'll help, but you can give the guys at Certified Radio in Edmonton a call. They do (or used to) distribute Polar Start for northern Alberta through their wholesale side.

I can't remember, but I think AutoStart bought Polarstart out?
http://www.certifiedradio.ca/certified_radio_products.php?page=10

Edit: I also found a manual for another model, perhaps it can give you a hint:
http://engines911.com/asdocs/PS-5500SH_ig_en_h100s100v210_011205.pdf

Edit Edit: User guide for the 2760
http://65.39.230.227/common/sitemedia/PS-2760%20user%20english.pdf

Distributor website:
http://www.automobilitydistribution.com/e/automobility.asp?s=413934272520FCA&Category=35&Page=29

dsbooyah
12-09-2008, 11:08 PM
try to re-learn the tach signal. if that not work than check that you have the right tach wire. Ive seen this before where it will start car when warm but not when weather is cold. If its a 4 cylinder engine, make sure tach is from either 2-3 injector not 1-4. i found this fixed my car.

silvercivicsir
12-10-2008, 12:11 PM
use a fuel injector for your tach.. it always works..

2pogi
12-10-2008, 11:35 PM
"use a fuel injector for your tach.. it always works.."

Sorry what do you mean? Please provide more details.

97'Scort
12-11-2008, 12:14 AM
Originally posted by 2pogi
"use a fuel injector for your tach.. it always works.."

Sorry what do you mean? Please provide more details.
What he means is your tach wire for your starter should be wired to one of your fuel injector wires. I don't know how you could do it otherwise, though, so I doubt that's your problem.

Strugari
12-14-2008, 10:58 AM
Originally posted by 2pogi
I got a polar remote starter 2760. When the weather is warm it started fine but when the weather start getting cold, I haven't a hard time starting it. I know there is an adjustment that you need to do for cold weather. I lost my user manual and I can't find it anywhere on the internet. someone suggested to use the same procedure as AS1260 but doesn't seem to work. Any suggestions? Much appreciated.

There isn't an adjustment for cold weather, just a cold start mode.
Placing the unit into cold weather mode will start the car every two hours and run for 4 minutes once it is set.

to set cold weather mode push and hold the start button until the parklights on the vehicle go out.
Release the button.
Lights will flash to confirm cold weather mode is set.

If the car is not starting cold, a tach relearn may be necessary.

Hope this helps.

mgmtech
12-14-2008, 11:09 AM
I have tried getting into adjustment mode but when i hold the pin down, my parking lights doesn't turn on. Please help!

The procedures for tach adjustment are as
follows:
1. Hold pin switch (Hood switch) down for 4
seconds.
2. Release pinswitch (Parking lights should come
ON)
3. With Parking lights ON, immediately push and
release pinswitch again.
4. Parking lights will stay ON for up to 20
seconds. (If not repeat from step 1)
5. With Parking lights ON press Trunk button of
remote transmitter. (Parking lights will flash 1
to 7 times)
6. Start the vehicle using the key.
7. If Parking lights stays ON, you have selected
an incorrect tach wire. (Relocate tach wire and
start from step 1) If Parking lights goes OFF
then proceed to the next step.
8. Allow vehicle to reach regular engine idle
speed, then press and release brakes. (Parking
lights will flash appropriate setting, from 1 to 7
flashes)
9. Press Trunk button of remote transmitter, to
save setting. (Parking lights will flash one long
flash)

Strugari
12-14-2008, 11:17 AM
If the car is starting and running fine there is no reason to do a tach adjustment.
However, if the parklights do not come on when you release the hood switch, that has to be repaired first.
Check the connection to the hood switch. Try twisting on the switch while pulling upwards and see if the parklights come on. If they do the connection has to be cleaned up.
If they do not then the switch may be faulty.
In any case, the parklights have to come on and stay on to get the unit into tach setting.