PDA

View Full Version : My rush lunch review.

89coupe
12-10-2008, 11:01 AM
- rush www.rushrestaurant.com
- 100, 207 9 Ave SW
- Food rating 4/5
- Ambience 4/5
- Service 3/5

I had the lunch prix fixe which allows you to choose one app, one entree and one dessert.

I had the foie gras tartlet, swordfish & pumpkin spice cake for dessert. Everything was perfectly cooked and the presentation was top notch.

Overall I enjoyed the place but I found it was lacking in the high level service it should have for a place like this. Maybe it was an off day for our server.

We were seated in the Aquarium which is a table in the center of the restaurant surrounded by curved glass walls, it was quite nice.

I would definitely like to try this place out for dinner one night.

R-Audi
12-10-2008, 11:14 AM
I went for dinner last night....

Our table went with the Chef's Choice menu... which was something like 6 courses for $95.00/person. While all of the food was excellent, and gave me the chance of trying things I hadnt had before.. the portions were quite small, and left me slightly content. Not the full feeling from a normal meal, but on the edge of needing a snack when I went home. (Example the main meat beef dish was about 6 bites.. about the size of two matchbooks maybe?)

The service was excellent though... every course was brought out by a group of waiters so we all ate and recieved food at the same time, and seemed to be very timely. The only complaint I had (or more of an annoyance) was when the waiter asked if we had a wine choice ready.. twice I replied that we hadn't looked at the menu yet... and so he took it away! As he was walking away I asked our group if we wanted to look at the menu, and he had to bring it back and shot a funny look. I didnt say we didnt want wine, I said we hadnt looked at it yet.. as we were busy in conversation. Nothing major though.

Anyways...
Great food... Great Service...Great Ambience....Portion size/value... not as great.

GTS Jeff
12-10-2008, 07:42 PM
What'd the bill come to?

R-Audi
12-11-2008, 08:57 AM
Originally posted by GTS Jeff
What'd the bill come to?

For his lunch.. or my Dinner?
Lets just say the Wine added a 'little' onto our bill....

89coupe
12-11-2008, 09:34 AM
What'd the bill come to?

We were taken out for lunch by one of our service providers, so I'm not sure. We also had a couple bottles of wine so I'm guessing it was up there.

gkAeris
12-11-2008, 11:19 AM
yeah i went there twice. and twice i was not full, or near full after eating, i had to dig into some bread hahahah

CausalInfluence
12-11-2008, 12:20 PM
What'd the bill come to?

I see what you did there