PDA

View Full Version : Terrible Experience South Deerfoot Suzuki!!!

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

jdm_jspec
12-10-2008, 01:55 PM
Okay, I feel bad bringing this issue live onto the forums as one of our supporters works there and is a decent guy and this is not directed at him, but I don't know what else to do...

Background...

I went to South Deerfoot Suzuki to look at an S4 but I was told that I could not get approved for financing because I am too young (18 yrs), but they did have an 01 A4 that that they could get me into. I told them I needed to figure some things out and that I might be interested. They said that if I leave them a $500.00 deposit, they could hold the car and that if I didn't take it, the deposit would be totally refundable.

Well after running a car fax, there was no info at all of this car ever being registered and no background info. There was also repaired rust damage that I was not aware of at the time I first looked at the car. I asked the dealership to provide the details of the cars history and they were unable. After that they even tried dropping the price as they really wanted this car sold.

Overall it left me with a very bad feeling about this car so I decided not to take it... Now comes the issues! They are refusing to give me my deposit back saying that they had another interested party during the time we were going back and forth and because they lost that sale so they no more will be returning the $500.00. I don't buy this as they have my cell number and could easily have contacted me and informed me of this giving them the chance to sell the car no problem.

I tried having my mom talk to them and they wouldn't have any part of talking about it and were totally rude and actually hung up on her! I even went as far as calling the dealer principle with my uncle only to be hung up on again! After calling him back, all he is offering is to move my deposit to a different unit, but I am totally uncomfortable with buying a car from these people now and I just want my $500.00 back, and they won't budge!

I guess now I am stuck going to the better business bureau and letting my terrible experience be known to anyone who will listen...

So in the end, BEWARE of South Deerfoot Suzuki!!!

The Cosworth
12-10-2008, 02:00 PM
Talk to Norman and see if he can help out.

I have been going back and forth with him for 6 months now and he seems like a level guy trying to help people out.

Lorne@UrbanX
12-10-2008, 02:02 PM
WOW!!:drama:

Supa Dexta
12-10-2008, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by jdm_jspec
I tried having my mom talk to them and they wouldn't have any part of talking about it and were totally rude and actually hung up on her!

bahahaha:rofl:

..And 18... wow..

adam c
12-10-2008, 02:03 PM
who did you deal with? everyone i dealt with there was great

Stunt66
12-10-2008, 02:05 PM
Did you get a receipt for the deposit stating that it was a refundable deposit?

JfuckinC
12-10-2008, 02:09 PM
Originally posted by Supa Dexta

bahahaha:rofl:

..And 18... wow..

18, ya? whats wrong with him asking his mom, someone who is older and might know a way to figure this situation out, for some help?

Crymson
12-10-2008, 02:12 PM
I'm kind of surprised by this. I would not have expected it from this dealership, especially with some of the experience posted previously and my conversations with them. Being a sponsor here they should know that they need to be beyond reproach (har har har) when dealing with site members.

benyl
12-10-2008, 02:12 PM
When leaving a deposit with a company, the law does not require the company to refund the deposit if you change your mind. If the company promises that the deposit is fully refundable, get that promise in writing.

http://calgary.bbb.org/WWWRoot/SitePage.aspx?site=154&id=09275a44-2064-48b9-a3ed-b11326a828ab

jdm_jspec
12-10-2008, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by JfuckinC

18, ya? whats wrong with him asking his mom, someone who is older and might know a way to figure this situation out, for some help? Yes, that is why. I have never financed anything and she was helping me...

It was Shawn and Rick I was initially dealing with...

Stunt66
12-10-2008, 02:18 PM
Originally posted by Stunt66
Did you get a receipt for the deposit stating that it was a refundable deposit?

gtr34
12-10-2008, 02:20 PM
I had the same problem at Universal Ford, after talking with the manager I got my refund back.

adam c
12-10-2008, 02:20 PM
that's weird

they forgot to give me my deposit back, that's about it, and i had forgotten about it as well, when i remembered i called them and went right back and got it

only had a verbal that it was refundable

I also dealt with Rick and Shawn, but if they aren't being helpful then go straight to Norman i guess

max_boost
12-10-2008, 02:22 PM
Time to hear the other side of the story.

tom_9109
12-10-2008, 02:23 PM
I remember back in the summer I wanted to buy an S4 from there. I can only assume its the same one, advertised for around 16. When speaking with the sales manager he made it quite clear that he was willing to sell the car to me wholesale as it had been there a while. After quite a few emails and phone calls it became apparent that his idea of wholesale was the same as the advertised price and wouldn't budge a dollar. Weird eh.

urban.one
12-10-2008, 02:28 PM
This experience could happen at any used car dealership. Its the nature of the business.

Okay, I feel bad bringing this issue live onto the forums as one of our supporters works there and is a decent guy and this is not directed at him, but I don't know what else to do...

Background...

I went to South Deerfoot Suzuki to look at an S4 but I was told that I could not get approved for financing because I am too young (18 yrs), but they did have an 99 A4 that that they could get me into. I told them I needed to figure some things out and that I might be interested. They said that if I leave them a $500.00 deposit, they could hold the car and that if I didn't take it, the deposit would be totally refundable.

Well after running a car fax, there was no info at all of this car ever being registered and no background info. There was also repaired rust damage that I was not aware of at the time I first looked at the car. I asked the dealership to provide the details of the cars history and they were unable. After that they even tried dropping the price as they really wanted this car sold.

Overall it left me with a very bad feeling about this car so I decided not to take it... Now comes the issues! They are refusing to give me my deposit back saying that they had another interested party during the time we were going back and forth and because they lost that sale so they no more will be returning the $500.00. I don't buy this as they have my cell number and could easily have contacted me and informed me of this giving them the chance to sell the car no problem.

I tried having my mom talk to them and they wouldn't have any part of talking about it and were totally rude and actually hung up on her! I even went as far as calling the dealer principle with my uncle only to be hung up on again! After calling him back, all he is offering is to move my deposit to a different unit, but I am totally uncomfortable with buying a car from these people now and I just want my $500.00 back, and they won't budge!

I guess now I am stuck going to the better business bureau and letting my terrible experience be known to anyone who will listen...

So in the end, BEWARE of South Deerfoot Suzuki!!!

7thgenvic
12-10-2008, 02:31 PM
mehhh. the good I have heard COMPLETELY outweighs the bad. I have heard to many good things to have a bad impression. There are always three sides to the story.

It sounds like you told them you would take the car. and they wanted to assure that with the deposit and you couldn't afford the car and they lost a sale as they were holding the car for you....Mehh Sounds fair to me. Get it in writing.

Weapon_R
12-10-2008, 02:31 PM
Call AMVIC and see what they can do for you.

QuasarCav
12-10-2008, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by adam c
but that aside, there's no way you could have afforded the s4, i was looking into it and the payments would have been roughly 800+ month since they would only do a 2 MAYBE 3 year finance on it

that also doesn't include insurance and all the other stuff

How do you know this as fact?

Isaiah
12-10-2008, 02:35 PM
Maybe your issues stem from the fact that the vehicle of interest was neither JDM, nor a J-body spec. I'm sure they were just trying to avoid you embarrassing yourself with a non-applicable username. You should be thanking them.

heavyD
12-10-2008, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by urban.one
This experience could happen at any used car dealership. Its the nature of the business.

Unfortunately this is true. It doesn't get any shadier than new/used car sales.

Sorath
12-10-2008, 02:41 PM
99, what bank finances that.....
shouldve had it in writting though.
Talk to norm and see if he can resolve it for you.
otherwise definately call amvic and see what they can offer you.

technically though, if u have no credit and u put a deposit to hold the vehicle and u dont get approved, they cant hold your deposit.

Jlude
12-10-2008, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by max_boost
Time to hear the other side of the story.

:thumbsup: :drama:

talonboi
12-10-2008, 02:45 PM

at 18 were you making enough money to pay a $800 car payment, plus probably ~$400 insurance and still afford the other things in life?

i know a bunch of 18year olds driving brandnew diesel trucks. its not impossible for an 18yr old to be driving something nice.

maybe 10yrs ago all an 18yr old could afford was a honda civic h/b (you were cool if you had one) nowadays the younger kids are able to afford much nicer cars ie. audi A4 no matter if the parents are buying it for him.

Crymson
12-10-2008, 02:48 PM
C'mon don't rag on the kid's finances, it's irrelevant to the thread and honestly, it's unfair.

We've ALL done the "Jeez, i wonder if i can afford this" payment shuffle, ESPECIALLY when we were younger looking for our first nice car.

Almost every car you see on the road these days was or IS financed, does it matter if the kid's 18? If people "bought what they could afford" most of us would be rolling around with cars worth about the equivalent of 1 paycheque.

I know I've done the "omg i love this car, but i have to run home and phone Dad/Grandma/loving uncle" to see if i can get the Bank of Dad loan when i was young.

Lorne@UrbanX
12-10-2008, 02:50 PM
ok well if he could afford the S4 then why is he trying to finance it in the first place?
says he was gonna look at S4 but not to purchase it, this is regarding a audi a4

LadyLuck
12-10-2008, 02:51 PM
Correct me if im wrong, but didnt the OP post in a previous thread asking Norman about financing and getting denied?

I saw someones sig about an 18 year old getting denied for financing by a 16 year old :rofl:

could have been someone else :dunno:

jdm_jspec
12-10-2008, 02:52 PM
that's weird

they forgot to give me my deposit back, that's about it, and i had forgotten about it as well, when i remembered i called them and went right back and got it

only had a verbal that it was refundable

I also dealt with Rick and Shawn, but if they aren't being helpful then go straight to Norman i guess

Did that and got no help there either...

Like I said, they are telling me it is because they lost a sale on it and that is why I am not getting it back. I think that if they had a sale pending they could simply have called me and asked me if I want it firm or not.

Toms-SC
12-10-2008, 02:56 PM
Just a greasy sales tactic. Let me guess, the other offer fell through?

Sorath
12-10-2008, 02:56 PM
naw chances are thats an excuse. either try what i said. :thumbsup:

Xtrema
12-10-2008, 02:57 PM
Originally posted by LadyLuck
Correct me if im wrong, but didnt the OP post in a previous thread asking Norman about financing and getting denied?

I saw someones sig about an 18 year old getting denied for financing by a 16 year old :rofl:

1st thing came to mind is Norm's sign. :rofl:

Live an learn. Get it with writing of smear til you get it back. How long did you hold the car for?

LadyLuck
12-10-2008, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by Xtrema
1st thing came to mind is Norm's sign. :rofl:

OK thats the sig I saw then.
I couldnt remember lol, Thank you!

tentacles
12-10-2008, 03:00 PM
OK, if they said it was refundable it should be refundable, that's just good business practice. However....

Can you (the OP) or anyone else explain the mindset behind putting down a deposit for a car when you don't know if you want to buy it? Why would anyone do this?

If this was some rare Ferrari or something, OK I guess a deposit might make sense, but for an Audi A4? If you're not sure you want it, say you're not sure if you want it, go home and think about it. Once you decided, come back. If the car sold in the mean time, oh well, the other guy obviously wanted it more than you did, so good for him. OTHER CARS WILL COME UP. THEY MADE LOTS OF AUDI A4S. LET THIS ONE GO.

Maybe this Audi A4 was some rare colour or something, but I read threads all the time on other boards about people putting down deposits on BRAND NEW cars. Why do they do this? Are they afraid that they might be missing out on the LAST DODGE CALIBER IN THE WORLD :eek: or something?

HHURICANE1
12-10-2008, 03:04 PM
Let this be a lesson for EVERYONE. When you are dealing with a dealer and they ask for a deposit make sure that you get it in writing that the deposit is refundable. Make sure to get a receipt and write it in on your copy and theirs yourself or they have every legal right to keep the deposit whether the deal goes through or not. Again, make sure it is in WRITING. If they refuse walk away on the spot. It is slimy as hell but perfectly legal for them to keep any deposit. When I bought my new car I wrote it on the offer to purchase, they didn't like it but there was no way I was going to loose my money in case the financing didn't work. I've seen this happen many times, don't let it happen to you.

ZorroAMG
12-10-2008, 03:08 PM
I do think they owe you the deposit and an explanation to their douchery.

jdm_jspec
12-10-2008, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by tentacles
OK, if they said it was refundable it should be refundable, that's just good business practice. However....

Can you (the OP) or anyone else explain the mindset behind putting down a deposit for a car when you don't know if you want to buy it? Why would anyone do this?

If this was some rare Ferrari or something, OK I guess a deposit might make sense, but for an Audi A4? If you're not sure you want it, say you're not sure if you want it, go home and think about it. Once you decided, come back. If the car sold in the mean time, oh well, the other guy obviously wanted it more than you did, so good for him. OTHER CARS WILL COME UP. THEY MADE LOTS OF AUDI A4S. LET THIS ONE GO.

You are completely right... It was stupid to leave the deposit and not get a written receipt stating it was refundable, but this was my first experience and I did what they suggested I do... Lesson learned for sure, but it still doesn't mean I am not pissed. I am 18 and I work hard for what little money I have, and I thought I was playing by the rules and to have my $500.00 dollars taken in this manner by a company that you think would want to be helpful in hopes of getting future business is wrong... It might technically be legal (I am looking into this), but it is still wrong...

Like I said, I do have to chalk it up as a lesson learned for sure, but I am still gonna fight it.

Masked Bandit
12-10-2008, 03:16 PM
Waiting for Norman's side of the story on this one.

QuasarCav
12-10-2008, 03:22 PM
Originally posted by Masked Bandit

Why is he the main point of contact? Why not hear from the person that received the cash deposit?

adam c
12-10-2008, 03:23 PM
cause the people who received the deposit aren't on beyond?

jdm_jspec
12-10-2008, 03:25 PM
I should say that Norman had nothing to do with this sale and the brief discussion we had, he was nothing but polite and tried to set me up with the people to talk to... It just didn't get anywhere after that...

Weapon_R
12-10-2008, 03:25 PM
Who did you deal with specifically so we know who to avoid

imjimmylin
12-10-2008, 03:27 PM
Cause not everyone is on Beyond?

Jlude
12-10-2008, 03:27 PM
This is too bad. I've never had a problem. I've only ever given a deposit once and not gone through with the sale (I could only get financed for 1 year due to my work visa) and I decided not to take the 2400/month payment or whatever it was. The dealership happily gave me back my deposit.

Hopefully the OP gets his money back... this is the first bad thing I've heard of South Deerfoot Suzuki, I hope it ends well.

adam c
12-10-2008, 03:28 PM
Originally posted by QuasarCav

Why is that?

why don't you stop being a smart ass and go down there and look for yourself?

LadyLuck
12-10-2008, 03:29 PM
Originally posted by Weapon_R
Who did you deal with specifically so we know who to avoid

It was Shawn and Rick I was initially dealing with...

Crymson
12-10-2008, 03:31 PM
Norman's not going to have side. Rather than come on here, sling mud and try to defend himself, Norman will be getting this guys money back when he finds this thread.

Originally posted by Masked Bandit

badatusrnames
12-10-2008, 03:39 PM
Maybe you can meet them in the middle? Get NBaker to find you a nice ride in your price range and apply the deposit to it?

Jlude
12-10-2008, 03:42 PM
Originally posted by badatusrnames
Maybe you can meet them in the middle? Get NBaker to find you a nice ride in your price range and apply the deposit to it?

That's the middle?

dr_jared88
12-10-2008, 03:49 PM
Originally posted by Jlude

That's the middle?

I think he means applying the deposit to a car purchased there. Basically get the deposit back as a "Gift Card" you must use there.

QuasarCav
12-10-2008, 03:57 PM

why don't you stop being a smart ass and go down there and look for yourself?

I was not trying to be a smart ass. I do actually wonder why the dealership is only represented by one person.

Isaiah
12-10-2008, 03:59 PM
I would say that most dealerships probably don't even have one person reppin Beyond.

adam c
12-10-2008, 04:00 PM
alright, i take back my comment

but really, how many dealerships do you see with members on this forum and of those how many are paid sponsors?

i can count 4 dealerships and 1 paid sponsor out of i dunno how many

Lexus - redlyne_mr2
Honda - sorath & mikey_008
Suzuki - Nbaker00

not many sales people would care about a bunch of ricy teenagers

ZorroAMG
12-10-2008, 04:01 PM
Maybe it's because not everyone in the used car business knows how to use the intarwebz..

Cohmputerz are diffacult~

JAYMEZ
12-10-2008, 04:04 PM
Hmmm
Whats the rest of the story? Did you get approved for the loan and say you were getting the car and then not pick it up? If so then you could have lost other sales for the S4..

Did you inspect the car before hand? It is not a new car , so you cant expect it to be in perfect condition , I know that ive seen some things on that car , but for the price its a steal.

Anyways coming on here to make a big huff about this is not always the best way to react to a situation like this. I would personally go to the place and speak to someone... calling people is so inpersonal.

Anyways :thumbsup: for Suzuki , I have personally got 3 cars from them , my dad has got 1 , and family friends have got 2.. No complaints whats so ever.

Jlude
12-10-2008, 04:05 PM
Originally posted by dr_jared88

I think he means applying the deposit to a car purchased there. Basically get the deposit back as a "Gift Card" you must use there.

I understand what he said, I just don't feel that, that's anywhere near the middle. OP has already said he doesn't want to deal with them as they've already offered to transfer the deposit from one car to another.

urban.one
12-10-2008, 04:14 PM
Do you work there now? (Just to be clear where everyone is coming from... maybe ive got this confused with another poster who works there other than norman)

Originally posted by JAYMEZ

Anyways :thumbsup: for Suzuki , I have personally got 3 cars from them , my dad has got 1 , and family friends have got 2.. No complaints whats so ever.

JAYMEZ
12-10-2008, 04:20 PM
Originally posted by urban.one
Do you work there now? (Just to be clear where everyone is coming from... maybe ive got this confused with another poster who works there other than norman)

Nope , I worked in the Summer , I go to school.

badatusrnames
12-10-2008, 04:20 PM
Originally posted by Jlude

That's the middle?

Haha ok, how about a third of the way?

turbotrip
12-10-2008, 04:22 PM
nbaker u better figure out how to get this guy his money back, u dont wanna lose potential business because of $500 and I guarantee if he doesnt get his money back some people will be turned off from the dealership.

Lorne@UrbanX
12-10-2008, 04:26 PM
Originally posted by turbotrip
nbaker u better figure out how to get this guy his money back, u dont wanna lose potential business because of $500 and I guarantee if he doesnt get his money back some people will be turned off from the dealership.
AgREEEDDDD!!:eek:

NewLextasy
You guys have this wrong.

ALL DEPOSITS are 100% refundable unless the DEARLER writes on the reciept NON-REFUNDABLE.

AMVIC would be all over this and you would get your deposit back.

Jlude
Originally posted by badatusrnames

Haha ok, how about a third of they way?

:rofl:

Jeremiah
12-10-2008, 04:30 PM
I was told to talk to Norman from another member on here in regards to sourcing a vehicle from the states, I sent him a couple of messages, and he wasnt very helpful. Then he stopped responding altogether, I'm not interested in South Deerfoot Suzuki anymore.

Also adamc, chill the fuck out buddy.

Lorne@UrbanX
12-10-2008, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by NewLextasy
You guys have this wrong.

ALL DEPOSITS are 100% refundable unless the DEARLER writes on the reciept NON-REFUNDABLE.

AMVIC would be all over this and you would get your deposit back.
he didnt get a receipt and he has already contacted amvic. thanks newlextasy, u own a dealership you would know RIGHT???!!

Power_Of_Rotary
12-10-2008, 04:38 PM
no offence but i find most dealerships sketchy including deerfoot suzuki

the cars they bring in are from other provinces (no biggy), but the quality of the cars is the main concern.

and for those who said they only "heard" good things from deerfoot suzuki...well how much have you heard? second of all nbaker is a sponsor on beyond, therefore any slandering on their cars being sold will be banned (2 beyonders were sacrificed lol)

adam c
12-10-2008, 04:39 PM
Originally posted by Jeremiah
I was told to talk to Norman from another member on here in regards to sourcing a vehicle from the states, I sent him a couple of messages, and he wasnt very helpful. Then he stopped responding altogether, I'm not interested in South Deerfoot Suzuki anymore.

buddy, i am chill so chill yourself dude, aight home slice

kay
payce out

QuasarCav
12-10-2008, 04:40 PM

If there was another member that represented the dealership would you contact them?

JKL@STRD
12-10-2008, 04:41 PM
wow thanks for sharing.. i was in the market for a new car too.. ill make sure i wont send anyone there... :thumbsdow

Lorne@UrbanX
12-10-2008, 04:42 PM
Originally posted by JKL@STRD
wow thanks for sharing.. i was in the market for a new car too.. ill make sure i wont send anyone there... :thumbsdow :drama:

Rarasaurus
12-10-2008, 04:45 PM
Originally posted by JKL@STRD
wow thanks for sharing.. i was in the market for a new car too.. ill make sure i wont send anyone there... :thumbsdow

One bad review on a dealership based on one complaint after how many referals? and everyone jumps all over it.... A dealership cannot please everyone 100% of the time such is any business and i assume Nbaker is very busy prolly getting tons of pms from people on beyong asking prices of cars that they are not willing to buy.

Im sure the situation will be fixed and im sure nbaker will still hook people up on beyond if they are serious.

NewLextasy
12-10-2008, 04:45 PM
Originally posted by Lorne@UrbanX

he didnt get a receipt and he has already contacted amvic. thanks newlextasy, u own a dealership you would know RIGHT???

Your funny Lorne

But yes, When you take your amvic course its one of the thing they STRESS as well as the fact that there is no such thing as
"AS IS"

Even if as is is written on the bill of sale it means nothing. Resonable expectations law.

JKL@STRD
12-10-2008, 04:49 PM
Originally posted by Rarasaurus

One bad review on a dealership based on one complaint after how many referals? and everyone jumps all over it.... A dealership cannot please everyone 100% of the time such is any business and i assume Nbaker is very busy prolly getting tons of pms from people on beyong asking prices of cars that they are not willing to buy.

Im sure the situation will be fixed and im sure nbaker will still hook people up on beyond if they are serious.

yes your right and i agree with you.. but there is no reason for them to hang up on anyone if they didnt have anything to hide.. and why would you wanna deal with anyone that hangs up on ppl if there was a problem?? i mean buying a car is not a cheap purchase..

JAYMEZ
12-10-2008, 04:50 PM
Wow gota love the band wagoners jumping on this one lol.. Let the customer and company figure it out. This is the first complaint ive ever heard. And then have competition come in here to stir shit up is pretty damn lame.

Thats like have Speedtech ranting about Tunerworks or something , just not professional at all.

FLARE
12-10-2008, 04:52 PM
I have gone through this whole experience with a dealership... amvic is great with dealing with these things, and unless you really did fuck them over and they can prove it, then you will be getting your money back.

Since people are wondering why the dealership is getting punished by 1 comment, ill add another to make it easier on their minds...

I did not like south deerfoot suzuki AT ALL. They treated me like I was an idiot and knew absolutely nothing about cars. I wasn't worth their time. Although I was in the market for a higher priced vehicle, its like I didn't matter; so in turn I bought somewhere else, simple as that.

My experience left me feeling like a woman going to pay for her car maintenance bill at a stealership...

cyrusli
12-10-2008, 04:53 PM
i just don't think we can draw the conclusion that we shouldn't send people there because of one review. If you're the one the experienced it first hand,by all means.

As Rarasaurus puts it, there's always bad apples in any dealership, you can't let one person wreck the entire dealership.

Jeremiah
12-10-2008, 04:53 PM
Originally posted by QuasarCav

If there was another member that represented the dealership would you contact them?

I don't know for sure.

I'd like to say it doesn't make a difference who it is. But when you have a 16 year old representing a huge dealership he is going to go under the microscope.

Also, i've talked to some people who have purchased vehicles from Suzuki and found out that they were auction vehicles or from out east. I have also seen instances where they low balled a friend of mine for his vehicle on trade. I'm not interested in staff who doesn't respect me as a prospective customer.

Jeremiah
12-10-2008, 04:56 PM
Wow gota love the band wagoners jumping on this one lol.. Let the customer and company figure it out. This is the first complaint ive ever heard. And then have competition come in here to stir shit up is pretty damn lame.

Thats like have Speedtech ranting about Tunerworks or something , just not professional at all.

Bandwagoners?

you don't think your opinion is biased?

for fucks sakes you worked there. If anyone should hold their comments it should be you.

As the consumer we have the right to voice our comments and our experiences.

JAYMEZ
12-10-2008, 05:01 PM
^^ Alright voice your comments , lets hear your complaints , it seems most your posts on beyond are complaints... So feel free? Ive worked at alot of places , and ive bashed them , so whats your point?

Are you saying that having a competitor dealership come into this thread and start bashing it is not biased? Are you blind?

Lets backtrack to what I said .. Hmmm great experience with them before .. I purchased my car from them FIRST then got a job with them because I liked how they worked.

I got friends and family to get cars from them , and every single one has been happy. So what grounds do you have? I am sure they will figure everything out , your just one of those little shits that comes into a thread and blows it up. And dont ever tell me I cant come on here and say anything , who the hell are you?

DomesticBoy
12-10-2008, 05:04 PM
Originally posted by LadyLuck

HAHA! that was me :nut:

badatusrnames
12-10-2008, 05:04 PM
Sounds to me like many other businesses, this place has some outstanding staff and some mediocre staff.

Instead of blackballing the entire place, make sure you deal with the proper people instead.

Moe Man
12-10-2008, 05:07 PM

I don't know for sure.

I'd like to say it doesn't make a difference who it is. But when you have a 16 year old representing a huge dealership he is going to go under the microscope.

Also, i've talked to some people who have purchased vehicles from Suzuki and found out that they were auction vehicles or from out east. I have also seen instances where they low balled a friend of mine for his vehicle on trade. I'm not interested in staff who doesn't respect me as a prospective customer.

your dumber than a sack of hammers, every dealership buys from auctions, where the hell are we going to get cars from, you think we look on kijiji and walk to peoples doors and buy personal vehicls? and get all the service records, and extra keys, and ask them were they drove the vehicle and what grade of fuel they used?

no we all buy from the same place as CMP,East side dodge, universal ford, suzuki, etc.

and in a few days i can tell you what they paid for it and what they NOW have it listed for. you all would be shocked!

as far as deposits, i will bet that it says in fine print somewhere that all deposits are non-refundable unless otherwise stated.

but anyhow they shouldnt keep deposits, i wont even take deposits, i just tell them to come back with the money when you want to buy.

i have this sign posted all over my dealership: " THE CAR YOU LOOKED AT TODAY AND WANT TO THINK ABOUT UNTILL TOMORROW, MAY BE THE CAR SOMEONE LOOKED AT YESTERDAY AND WILL BUY TODAY" :rofl:

I love it when someone comes in the next day and says where is this truck, and i point at the sign and laugh.

Masked Bandit
12-10-2008, 05:07 PM
I think the only reason this issue is getting so much attention here is that on Beyond, Norman & SDS has an above average reputation so it's a rarity that we see a negative review / story.

Jeremiah
12-10-2008, 05:08 PM

Bandwagoners?

you don't think your opinion is biased?

for fucks sakes you worked there. If anyone should hold their comments it should be you.

As the consumer we have the right to voice our comments and our experiences.

^^ Alright voice your comments , lets hear your complaints , it seems most your posts on beyond are complaints... So feel free? Ive worked at alot of places , and ive bashed them , so whats your point?

Are you saying that having a competitor dealership come into this thread and start bashing it is not biased? Are you blind?

Lets backtrack to what I said .. Hmmm great experience with them before .. I purchased my car from them FIRST then got a job with them because I liked how they worked.

I got friends and family to get cars from them , and every single one has been happy. So what grounds do you have? I am sure they will figure everything out , your just one of those little shits that comes into a thread and blows it up. And dont ever tell me I cant come on here and say anything , who the hell are you?

UHH what?

Most of my posts are complaints?

On what grounds do you make that comment on?

You're just one of those shits that comes to the rescue of people you like on beyond because you're a moderator.

NewLextasy
12-10-2008, 05:08 PM

What other dealership came into this thread and bashed south deerfoot??

All I said was that the OP's deposit is refundable unless it is in writing Non-Refundable

403ep3
12-10-2008, 05:11 PM
Originally posted by NewLextasy

What other dealership came into this thread and bashed south deerfoot??

All I said was that the OP's deposit is refundable unless it is in writing Non-Refundable

I don't think he was talking to you. More like making a generalization..

em2ab
12-10-2008, 05:12 PM
I should have known better than to jump from page 1 to page 5. Four pages of garbage.

1997GSR
12-10-2008, 05:15 PM
:rofl: I wonder how long until this thread is quietly deleted?

JAYMEZ
12-10-2008, 05:16 PM

UHH what?

Most of my posts are complaints?

On what grounds do you make that comment on?

You're just one of those shits that comes to the rescue of people you like on beyond because you're a moderator.

http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&postid=2722367#post2722367

http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&postid=2721475#post2721475

http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&postid=2721329#post2721329

http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&postid=2720959#post2720959

http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&postid=2718405#post2718405

Waa waa moderator abuse Thread which has been moved..

Anyways i dont really need to go into it. And are you out of insults or excuses , you need to correct my spelling? Wow thank you so much mom... Please correct it when I care? k thanks buddy

Jeremiah
12-10-2008, 05:17 PM
Originally posted by Moe Man

your dumber than a sack of hammers, every dealership buys from auctions, where the hell are we going to get cars from, you think we look on kijiji and walk to peoples doors and buy personal vehicls? and get all the service records, and extra keys, and ask them were they drove the vehicle and what grade of fuel they used?

no we all buy from the same place as CMP,East side dodge, universal ford, suzuki, etc.

and in a few days i can tell you what they paid for it and what they NOW have it listed for. you all would be shocked!

as far as deposits, i will bet that it says in fine print somewhere that all deposits are non-refundable unless otherwise stated.

but anyhow they shouldnt keep deposits, i wont even take deposits, i just tell them to come back with the money when you want to buy.

i have this sign posted all over my dealership: " THE CAR YOU LOOKED AT TODAY AND WANT TO THINK ABOUT UNTILL TOMORROW, MAY BE THE CAR SOMEONE LOOKED AT YESTERDAY AND WILL BUY TODAY" :rofl:

I love it when someone comes in the next day and says where is this truck, and i point at the sign and laugh.

The guy who doesn't understand the difference between your and you're is calling me "dumber than a sack of hammers"

Interesting.

One question, what makes a sack of hammers so dumb?

Also,

you're right I did make a mistake about auctions based on a comment i saw Norman write previously, I meant public auction not dealer auction.

Moeman, if you're a dealer im sure you know that if you check a vin with carproof you can see what kind of auction it was bought from :)

Originally posted by nbaker00
I don't buy from public auctions.. This particular car I bought from another dealer.
Options are:
Alarm, AM/FM Stereo, Air Conditioning, Alloy Wheels, Anti-Lock Brakes, Anti-Theft, CD Player, Cassette, Driver Air Bag, Dual Air Bag, Fog Lights, Intermittent Wipers, Keyless Entry, Power Brakes, Power Mirrors, Power Steering, Power Windows, Rear Defroster, Tilt Steering, Bucket Seats, Heated Seats, Power Locks, Sunroof, Cruise Control, Heated Mirrors, Tilt Wheel, Split Folding Rear Seats, Passenger Air Bag, Entertainment Package, Premium Audio, Premium and/or Oversized Wheels, Ventilated Seats, Cloth Interior

cyrusli
12-10-2008, 05:18 PM
Originally posted by em2ab
I should have known better than to jump from page 1 to page 5. Four pages of garbage.

lol :drama:

I don't understand why this is such a big deal. The original post was by
jdm_jspec, and now Jeremiah's all bent up because....???

pick the right fight. share if you have had a bad experience, you can give people your two cents when they're buying cars.. I really think you're taking it too personally. It's a forum for crying out loud.

and I think your "your" comment just offended half the people that are on this thread alone. :drama:

Jeremiah
12-10-2008, 05:20 PM

http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&postid=2722367#post2722367

http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&postid=2721475#post2721475

http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&postid=2721329#post2721329

http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&postid=2720959#post2720959

http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&postid=2718405#post2718405

Waa waa moderator abuse Thread which has been moved..

Anyways i dont really need to go into it. And are you out of insults or excuses , you need to correct my spelling? Wow thank you so much mom... Please correct it when I care? k thanks buddy

Nice examples. Most of them were comments based on experiences not complaints, but whatever, thats semantics.

Also my intentions were never to insult you, and I don't really feel that I attacked you at all? I just found it odd that you were mocking people voicing their concerns about how they were treated at the dealership that you previously worked for.

Fanboy?

DomesticBoy
12-10-2008, 05:21 PM
^^
:werd:

stop fighting a fight you cannot win
its just not worth it lol...

Envision
12-10-2008, 05:21 PM
From the AMVIC website:

"Q. I just bought a vehicle but have changed my mind. Can I cancel the deal and get my deposit back?

* Under normal circumstances, no. Your car purchase agreement is a legal contract.
* The only exception is if the agreement was signed with conditions: e.g. the vehicle must pass an inspection first or suitable financing had to be available.
* Speak to the dealer. They may be willing to work out an arrangement concerning the agreement but will probably keep the deposit.
"

http://www.amvic.org/consumer_issues.htm

If a sales contract had been written up and signed without "conditions" then there is no argument for a refund.

It is up to the dealer to refund a deposit unless terms and conditions on the invoice stated specific "conditions" being met prior to a sale being completed - ie) Financing, Inspections, etc.

If the dealer had taken the car off the lot and had considered it sold he may have potentially lost a serious buyer.

Under most circumstances the dealer will allow the deposit to be applied to another purchase but a refund is not required - as stated directly by AMVIC above. Generally speaking, we give refunds but if it cost the dealer a sale he might not.

JAYMEZ
12-10-2008, 05:23 PM

Nice examples. Most of them were comments based on experiences not complaints, but whatever, thats semantics.

Also my intentions were never to insult you, and I don't really feel that I attacked you at all? I just found it odd that you were mocking people voicing their concerns about how they were treated at the dealership that you previously worked for.

Fanboy?

No not at all. I am fine with people voicing concerns , all the power to them. Its just how people who have never had any dealings with Suzuki jump in on it , trying to make themselves look e-hardcore.. By all means people can say what they want. But to go against norman a 16 year old... I mean thats a bit low IMO. Remember every story has 3 sides right? I think this kid needs to speak directly with who he dealt with , no more phone call crap. I am sure it can get fixed

gkAeris
12-10-2008, 05:25 PM
Jeremiah and Jaymez

stop cluttering the thread? pm?:D

JAYMEZ
12-10-2008, 05:26 PM
Originally posted by gkAeris
Jeremiah and Jaymez

stop cluttering the thread? pm?:D

Heheh smartass :rofl: . Swrrryyy :angel:

Jeremiah
12-10-2008, 05:27 PM

No not at all. I am fine with people voicing concerns , all the power to them. Its just how people who have never had any dealings with Suzuki jump in on it , trying to make themselves look e-hardcore.. By all means people can say what they want. But to go against norman a 16 year old... I mean thats a bit low IMO. Remember every story has 3 sides right? I think this kid needs to speak directly with who he dealt with , no more phone call crap. I am sure it can get fixed

Respectful response.

And originally i did voice my experience.

If you remember correctly i sent you a pm about it too?

Didn't know you were not there anymore. Sorry for that.

Also sorry this got out of hand quick.

I certainly hope it gets resolved, and i wasnt trying to single Norman out at all, i was just explaining how i break situations down in my head. I definitely think his age plays a role when dealing with him, and unfortunately I didn't have a good experience. Oh well, can't win em all!

Moe Man
12-10-2008, 05:29 PM

The guy who doesn't understand the difference between your and you're is calling me "dumber than a sack of hammers"

Interesting.

One question, what makes a sack of hammers so dumb?

Also,

you're right I did make a mistake about auctions based on a comment i saw Norman write previously, I meant public auction not dealer auction.

Moeman, if you're a dealer im sure you know that if you check a vin with carproof you can see what kind of auction it was bought from :)

your still dumber than a sack of hammers.

dealerships like normans dont buy from public auctions, they only get from dealer auctions like Adesa.

carfax wont tell you what exact auction it was from, but it will say purchased from auction, and then you will see a carfax gay looking guy in a bubble telling you that most vehicls are purchased from auctions and it is nothing to be scared of.

cyrusli
12-10-2008, 05:30 PM
it's over. let it go. the fastest 100 posts i've seen in a span of 3.5 hours.

Jeremiah
12-10-2008, 05:32 PM
Originally posted by Moe Man

your still dumber than a sack of hammers.

dealerships like normans dont buy from public auctions, they only get from dealer auctions like Adesa.

carfax wont tell you what exact auction it was from, but it will say purchased from auction, and then you will see a carfax gay looking guy in a bubble telling you that most vehicls are purchased from auctions and it is nothing to be scared of.

Ok Buddy? Not sure why you're calling people names but whatever?

Also I said Carproof, but I guess grimey guys like you use carfax because they hide a lot of things on Canadian vehicles that carproof would show. :dunno:

I have run a bunch of carfax reports in the past couple of days, and normally it says "Bought from Public Auction" or "Bought from Dealer Auction".