PDA

View Full Version : The best of New Orleans - Okotoks

legendboy
12-11-2008, 09:48 AM
I usually don't do these but I feel I have to this time.

- The best of New Orleans
- 97 Elizabeth St., Okotoks

- Food rating 5/5 Very good

- Ambience 5/5 Very nice, modern, cozy, rustic, super clean, definitely up scale. The resturant is fairly small, probably only seats 35 max.

- Service 5/5 Really as good as it gets

I had the most amazing dinner for my mothers birthday last night. They live in Okotoks and have been meaning to try this new resturant for a few months.

We booked reseverations for 7:00pm. When we showed up the place was fairly busy (wednesday) and within 30 mins the place was filled up.

Anyways I had:

-"Louisiana seafood gumbo"

10/10

-"Seafood au gratin"

It was the single best seafood dish I have ever had in my life.

Feeling obliged to talk to the chef (which i have never done before) he is from New Orleans and was owner operator of a resturant there for along time.

My parents have been to New Orleans many times and they agreed the food here was very very good.

My entree and starter came to around $40 dollars, which may be a bit on the pricy side but I swear I will gladly pay it again next time. (Our bill for 7 adults and one baby was $279, so farily reasonable.)

This place is definitely worth the short drive out to Okotoks if you like up scale athuntic seafood/cajon type food.

:thumbsup:

kutt3r
12-11-2008, 09:59 AM
Seeing as I am out there.. I will have to try this out for sure.. sounds like reservations ftw....

Thanks for the review

:thumbsup:

Kritafo
12-11-2008, 10:38 AM
Thanks sounds like somewhere new to try!

What did everyone else order, just to get a feel for the menu.

They have a website with menu online.

http://www.thebestofneworleans.ca/

The_Rural_Juror
12-11-2008, 10:47 AM
The menu sounds delicious. I'm going to have to make a trip there this weekend. Thanks for the review.

legendboy
12-11-2008, 11:00 AM
3 of us had the Gratin, one had the sampler, one had the blackened chicken pasta, one had the shrimp creole and one had the sirloin. my wee one had the wings and frys.

All were very good, oh the mashed potatoes are super :drool:

dannie
12-11-2008, 08:31 PM
The couple that own it are friends of mine. The husband (Tim) is the chef and the wife is the MILF blond in the front of house (Sandra). Tim makes the BEST chicken wings I have ever had. He is classically trained as well. He specializes in New Orleans/French cuisine.

I'm glad you enjoyed it. I know they put their best effort into everything that they do for that restaurant.

They also do a champagne brunch on the weekend. So, another place to try for breakfast.

Davetronz
12-12-2008, 12:50 AM
I'm 3/4 of the way to okotoks. I'll have to give it a try. I've never had authentic gumbo and I love seafood.

ekguy
12-12-2008, 01:31 AM
Being as I live in Lake Chaparal it's pretty damned close to get there...Love that type of cooking. Grew up eating Jambalaya and Gumbo.

old&slow
12-12-2008, 04:52 AM
Myself and this Tim guy got caught in a hail storm on our bikes coming outta Okotoks. He mentioned getting setup in a restaurant there.Glad to see it work out for him...will have to check it out!

legendboy
12-12-2008, 09:33 AM
Originally posted by dannie
and the wife is the MILF

ya she is pure milf, i was checking her out every chance i got :rofl: