PDA

View Full Version : Consulting or Management Development programs?

Godfuader
12-11-2008, 12:13 PM
Just wanted to see if anyone has ideas about companies that have a Management Development program. Mainly these programs have 18-24mth training where you try different areas of the organization and at the end, they assign you where best suited. I know Telus has a Leadership Development Program...but they tend to do internal hiring.

Secondly, are there management consulting companies in Calgary looking for researchers, analysts or junior consultants?

Thanks!

lint
12-11-2008, 12:32 PM
tried to send you a pm but your inbox is full

Godfuader
12-11-2008, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by lint
tried to send you a pm but your inbox is full
Cleaned now :thumbsup:

Godfuader
12-12-2008, 01:54 PM
:)

Godfuader
01-07-2009, 02:23 PM
Bump

Mckenzie
01-07-2009, 02:54 PM
Typically management consulting jobs require top performers out of B Comm. or MBA school. They are also much more abundant in the bigger cities. I know deloitte has a consulting division in Calgary but are not hiring right now.

What is your education and background?

Godfuader
01-07-2009, 05:00 PM
I have a Bachelors in Finance. Its been less than 2 years since I finished my formal schooling, which is basically the cutoff. I've talked to Deloitte, but they tend to look specifically for experienced hires versus setting up a structured development program.

Mckenzie
01-07-2009, 05:25 PM
I interviewed with them in undergrad so I know they recruit from there, but they may not have any openings for junior spots as I a pretty sure there was only 1 spot.

I am also interested in this field but I dont think there are very many firms in Calgary that do structured leadership programs in management consultants. Also, most positions I have seen are IT related.