PDA

View Full Version : Trunk Wont open

5oarer
12-12-2008, 02:28 AM
OK so i go to my corolla and put the key in the trunk.
Turns all the way and just stays turned (the key hole).
Now the truck wont open and i cant get to any of my junk in there. So what should i do lock smith or take it to get fixed at some shop?

talonboi
12-12-2008, 03:17 AM
what year of corolla is it? you probably just locked the trunk which disengages the trunk release from in the car

FreakinPrince
12-12-2008, 09:41 AM
are you sure you using the right key and not the valet key? i remember the valet key was only good to open the driver doors and start the car....it not able to open teh trunk?

cyrusli
12-12-2008, 09:47 AM
Originally posted by talonboi
what year of corolla is it? you probably just locked the trunk which disengages the trunk release from in the car

Yeah, it would help if there was a year, and I believe most if not all corollas after 1993's back seats fold down, get the stuff out that way. If it's a 93, there might be something wrong with the latch. My friend had the same problem, the key won't turn sometimes, eventually it just won't turn at all and he went to some mechanic to get it fixed.

Cyrus

badatusrnames
12-12-2008, 09:50 AM
You're trying your Corolla key in your truck? There's your problem right there...

gretz
12-12-2008, 10:02 AM
^^ snap

jibber
12-12-2008, 10:13 AM
I agree... your Truck Wont open because you have a Corolla.

There is no remote release for the trunk at all?

Turn the key in the cylinder, jiggle the key in all directions and push down on the trunk lid a few times.... maybe it's not completely latched.

Tarrantula
12-12-2008, 12:46 PM
Originally posted by badatusrnames
You're trying your Corolla key in your truck? There's your problem right there...

You are my hero. I didnt even catch that.

Meridian
12-12-2008, 01:18 PM
They said trunk you morons.

06civic
12-12-2008, 01:21 PM
Originally posted by 5oarer
OK so i go to my corolla and put the key in the trunk.
Turns all the way and just stays turned (the key hole).
Now the truck wont open and i cant get to any of my junk in there. So what should i do lock smith or take it to get fixed at some shop? [/B]

Originally posted by Meridian
They said trunk you morons.

READ

Meridian
12-12-2008, 01:33 PM
Originally posted by 06civic

READ

What a geek. Do you really think he means truck after he said trunk? OMG You people are freaking stupid!

LOL

Stupid people around here!

LOL

jibber
12-12-2008, 02:33 PM

What a geek. Do you really think he means truck after he said trunk? OMG You people are freaking stupid!

LOL

LOL

fail... :facepalm:

gretz
12-12-2008, 02:48 PM

LOL

LOL

Wow, you are right. You must be seriously gifted to have picked up on what he really meant.

Answer: there is something wrong with the lock
- is that better

Tik-Tok
12-12-2008, 03:07 PM
Is your car cold? I would try lock de-ice, followed by a hefty amount of lubricant.