PDA

View Full Version : Calgary Roads

5.9 R/T
05-28-2002, 11:44 PM
Has anyone noticed that the road quality in Calgary sucks? Maybe I'm not used to a stiff suspension but after driving around in the R/T for a while I'm ready to be sick. I watched a civic almost lose it's whole body kit because of a rather massive hole in the pavement. And I see lowered cars swerving all over the road to miss potholes and bumps. Anyone else notice a deterioration of our roads around here?

kenny
05-28-2002, 11:45 PM
Personally I think its because of all the road construction that is happening around the city. It seems those projects are getting the priorty. Once those are complete I am guessing the city will fix up some of the roads--hopefully anyway.

Superesc
05-28-2002, 11:56 PM
hmmm that would be in 5-6 years??!!!

btw kenny, saw you driving on Country hill blvd (around superstore) today (around 7-8?).

Pete92SL
05-29-2002, 12:05 AM
I got some wheel damage to one of my rims....100 bucks worth on a pot hole :(

Pete

speedracer
05-29-2002, 12:07 AM
Yes, this year / last year seems to be the worst. I think it also has to do with the weather. Our mild winter I believe damages asphalt (moisture).

Driving conditions bite.. then again Konis + racing linear springs will never make a comfortable ride :nut:

shadowz
05-29-2002, 12:53 AM
ya the roads make me sick, and not want to drive

5.9 R/T
05-29-2002, 01:11 AM
Originally posted by shadowz
ya the roads make me sick, and not want to drive

Or to cruise, right biatch? lol j/k

RiceCake
05-29-2002, 01:20 AM
yeah roads in calgary keep getting worse and worse...:thumbsdow

then again last time it snowed i saw a few trucks driving around with chain linked tires :eek: :madred:

4wheeldrift
05-29-2002, 07:07 AM
The roads are rough? Mebbe for a normal car, but not mine :) Honestly, I could care less that the roads are total shit. My car rides like a buckboard anyway. As long as there aren't any huge rim bending holes in the road everything is peachy.

HRD2PLZ
05-29-2002, 08:31 AM
These roads piss me off! I don't even want to start to count the amount of potholes I see (and try to avoid) everyday driving to and from work. Not to mention my car's not even lowered, and its scraped a few of em :banghead:

ninspeed
05-29-2002, 09:11 AM
I heard on the news yesterday or monday that the city needs to invest 12 billion dollars in city works to make it like an average american city. A lot of that does go to the road works. The city is right in starting these new projects, but they also need to focus on roads that are allready there. Deerfoot needs to be striped and repaved this year (espically between anderson and southland..) Many roads in the city need a lot of work. The best thing to do is keep you eyes open (i almost kill the civic the otherday driving, and the truck is not much better)

Davan
05-29-2002, 12:41 PM
After every winter, the roads are always horrible... but what's worse is the lame patch jobs they do in the spring! :thumbsdow

max_boost
05-29-2002, 12:49 PM
Maybe I am clueless because I don't even really notice the potholes in the roads hehe:dunno:

Superesc
05-29-2002, 01:10 PM
Originally posted by max_boost
Maybe I am clueless because I don't even really notice the potholes in the roads hehe:dunno:

hmmm aren't you driving the 4Runner these days?? maybe thats why hehe

max_boost
05-29-2002, 01:19 PM
Originally posted by Superesc

hmmm aren't you driving the 4Runner these days?? maybe thats why hehe

Don't forget about the 95 windstar van! hehe I've noticed that I no longer really care about racing/looking pimp etc. Cause I don't have a nice car and I would never do anything to my parent's vehicles hehe

RiceCake
05-29-2002, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by max_boost

Don't forget about the 95 windstar van! hehe I've noticed that I no longer really care about racing/looking pimp etc. Cause I don't have a nice car and I would never do anything to my parent's vehicles hehe

the bigger the vehicle the more hoes you can pimp :thumbsup: :woot: :bigpimp:

ninspeed
05-29-2002, 02:35 PM
Originally posted by Davan
After every winter, the roads are always horrible... but what's worse is the lame patch jobs they do in the spring! :thumbsdow
Thats the truth... i have seen on pot hole on 3rd street (mission) that they have to fill in like every week.. bad thing is, its actually where they choped the road out to put a pipe in...

MiNG
05-29-2002, 03:23 PM
there are 3 huge pot holes on crowchild north, before brentwood station and after.