PDA

View Full Version : U of L finals deffered

psycoticclown
12-12-2008, 05:19 PM
Hey, for everybody that goes to U of Lethbridge, just giving a heads up to all of you, if you have an exam tomorrow (13th), it's deffered because of the snow storm tomorrow!:clap: :clap:

2.2vtec
12-12-2008, 05:21 PM
I actually at the calgary campus today filling out a transcript request form and over heard them talking about being strict on writing them on sunday if the weather is clear

psycoticclown
12-12-2008, 05:28 PM
Ahh, I head the Calgary campus had some exams cancelled, dunno when they'll be rescheduled to though. But I know all of my exams, 3 of em on Sat were postponed til Monday/Wed.

I think it's pretty funny though, I've never had any exam deferred in my life before, much less any final, however, due to the sewage problem in the beginning of November and now this snowstorm, I've had 2 Midterms and 3 finals deferred...:eek: All in one semester haha.

Thomas Gabriel
12-12-2008, 05:34 PM
This sucks for me. I had a plane ticket on Tuesday. Now I have to reschedule that. My dad is pretty disappointed because my time over at his place is going to be cut by 2-3 days and I only see him twice a year.

If it costs too much to reschedule, I think I might ask to deffer the exam until January.

psycoticclown
12-12-2008, 05:46 PM
Yeah, that's pretty shitty. I know the notice board says that if you have flight plans, you can talk to the faculty heads or your prof and they'll try to accommodate you, like letting you write it on Monday.

B20EF
12-12-2008, 05:56 PM
This sucks. I have flight plans next week too :thumbsdow

Russo
12-12-2008, 07:38 PM
f**k i hope they cancel my exam at 8am tomorrow!

rizfarmer
12-12-2008, 07:48 PM
Originally posted by Russo
f**k i hope they cancel my exam at 8am tomorrow!

that will never happen.... and if it did it would most likely be because of an event similar, or worse than 9/11.

Your exam will be rescheduled though:D

I have an exam tomorrow to, was hoping to just write it and get it over with, but this gives me more time so I'm not complaining.

badatusrnames
12-12-2008, 08:02 PM
I doubt UofC will cancel theirs though...

Ebon
12-12-2008, 08:19 PM
I dont think u of c will cancel/defer anything either.

Just my 8am GRST209 final tomorrow is gonna be a bitch. Wake up at 6am just to head into a couple feet of snow.

psycoticclown
12-12-2008, 08:21 PM
I can't believe they won't cancel it. We're only having a projected 20 cm of snow... and they've canceled it at 3PM before the snow even started. Even right now, its really light snow.

B20EF
12-12-2008, 08:29 PM
Yah it seemed a little preemptive to cancel, it's just another blizzard in Calgary, nothing special

Marsh
12-12-2008, 08:37 PM
This is so retarded, I've never seen a university call of exams on account of the weather, seems like such an elementary school move haha. From the sound of the email, as long as you have proof of vacation plans I don't think it'll be a hassle to reschedule the resschedule. Just sucks balls that final exams gets stretched out even longer then it should be.

What exams are you guys writing anyways?
Im in Drama3030

B20EF
12-12-2008, 08:50 PM
History 1000, last exam ever, then I have my degree :clap:

bball2
12-12-2008, 09:17 PM
Got an exam tomorrow at UofC (ENME 471 - Kinematics / dynamics of machines), all I got was an e-mail from the prof saying to come early because of the snow storm :(

Marsh
12-12-2008, 09:21 PM
Originally posted by B20EF
History 1000, last exam ever, then I have my degree :clap:
Congrats man!
one more semester left for moi

r0g3r
12-12-2008, 09:23 PM
Originally posted by bball2
Got an exam tomorrow at UofC (ENME 471 - Kinematics / dynamics of machines), all I got was an e-mail from the prof saying to come early because of the snow storm :(

LOL

what a nice prof eh?

I got 2 exams left! however lots of information to read up on for materials and environmental engineering.

B20EF
12-12-2008, 09:24 PM
^Thanks, you too. That last semester goes real fast. It'll be over before you know it.

psycoticclown
12-12-2008, 10:11 PM
Haha, it was weird as fuck, my friend told me he got one email from his accounting prof and he thought it was a joke. When the email was sent, it was completely clear outside. Oh well, saved my ass at least haha. My friend emailed his prof and asked if he could write it earlier and the prof said nope, he can write it in January and only if he has written proof that he is traveling... and than to close it off, he wrote "Enjoy the weather tomorrow" :rofl: :rofl:

Thomas Gabriel
12-13-2008, 03:00 AM
Well it looks like I'm getting an extra 3 weeks to study for calculus haha.

5hift
12-13-2008, 11:28 AM
Originally posted by psycoticclown
Haha, it was weird as fuck, my friend told me he got one email from his accounting prof and he thought it was a joke. When the email was sent, it was completely clear outside. Oh well, saved my ass at least haha. My friend emailed his prof and asked if he could write it earlier and the prof said nope, he can write it in January and only if he has written proof that he is traveling... and than to close it off, he wrote "Enjoy the weather tomorrow" :rofl: :rofl:

Haha that is Baker I have the same piece of shit for my accounting class.

psycoticclown
12-13-2008, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by 5hift

Haha that is Baker I have the same piece of shit for my accounting class.

:rofl: :rofl:

Yea, I heard he's a douchebag. I have Lana Johnson... hotest prof you'll ever see. You know a Paul in your class?

drewb
12-15-2008, 09:27 PM
I didn't know there were so many other U of L kids on here. Finished my exams on friday, just before the cancellation.

5hift
12-15-2008, 09:40 PM
Originally posted by psycoticclown

:rofl: :rofl:

Yea, I heard he's a douchebag. I have Lana Johnson... hotest prof you'll ever see. You know a Paul in your class?

Fuck I took the wrong section then. Dont know any Paul either.

DJ_NAV
12-16-2008, 12:25 AM
I had baker when I was there.. he's a very smart guy. I haven't heard of Lana... sounds interesting. One tip for you acct. majors... do not ever take that tall man looking prof.(cant remember her name)... i think she was a stand in dean.

5hift
12-16-2008, 10:25 AM
Baker is smart and knows his stuff, but he acts like someone who has made tenure and doesnt give a fuck.

He is lazy as fuck and half his sentences start with "if you dont like it you can write about it in my review" like he cant get fired.

I havent heard of Lana Johnson and shes not listed on ratemyprofs so I'm guessing she's new.