PDA

View Full Version : Great Experience at Deerfoot Suzuki

bigboom
12-13-2008, 12:36 PM
I need to edit this post as I can no longer vouch for South Deerfoot Suzuki and the way they do business. Anyone looking at buying from these guys I would stay away as they are just another typical used car dealership feeding lies and just being inept at what they do.

Carlton
12-13-2008, 12:39 PM
Cooooooooooooooooo!

Anton
12-13-2008, 12:40 PM
:thumbsup:

You forgot to tell us what car it is!

prae
12-13-2008, 12:51 PM
tittywop

bluetek
12-13-2008, 12:53 PM
Originally posted by bigboom
i dont know how you can say a bad thing about them.

See thread. :D

http://forums.beyond.ca/st/244776/terrible-experience-south-deerfoot-suzuki/

rc2002
12-13-2008, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by Anton
:thumbsup:

You forgot to tell us what car it is!

It's a douchemobile.

7thgenvic
12-13-2008, 12:55 PM
sounds good to me :)

Isaiah
12-13-2008, 12:55 PM
Originally posted by bluetek

See thread. :D

http://forums.beyond.ca/st/244776/terrible-experience-south-deerfoot-suzuki/
You obviously missed the point.

bluetek
12-13-2008, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by Isaiah

You obviously missed the point.

nope, notice what i quoted on. Maybe it was to take some heat of the other thread or maybe just posting a positive experience.

I know OP has seen that thread and posted in it as well which makes his comment even more invalid. People have different experiences from different places. Some good and others bad. Get over it. He said he doesent see why anyone can say a bad thing about the dealership and obviously from the thread I posted, many see otherwise

TomcoPDR
12-13-2008, 01:10 PM
Originally posted by bluetek

the thread I posted, many see otherwise

Problem is that those "many" who's commented in said thread haven't even dealt with said dealership. So there's nothing that they really "see"... There's probably (I'm just assumming) more to the story than what can be said by either side... One side could actually be the "bigger man" in keeping their mouth shut due to legal, business reasons to save the other side from embrassment (I REALLY DON'T KNOW, neutral minded here)

However, if I owned a dealership, I wouldn't be picking any customers up in the middle of a snow storm, just sittin' home with the trophy wife, etc...

Hope you didn't get picked up in a Suzuki Samurai tho. No offense to Suzuki dealerships, I just hate those things and ppl who drive them are usually douches. (my personal experience)

bigboom
12-13-2008, 01:11 PM
Originally posted by TomcoPDR

Problem is that those "many" who's commented in said thread haven't even dealt with said dealership. So there's nothing that they really "see"... There's probably (I'm just assumming) more to the story than what can be said by either side... One side could actually be the "bigger man" in keeping their mouth shut due to legal, business reasons to save the other side from embrassment (I REALLY DON'T KNOW, neutral minded here)

However, if I owned a dealership, I wouldn't be picking any customers up in the middle of a snow storm, just sittin' home with the trophy wife, etc...

Hope you didn't get picked up in a Suzuki Samurai tho. No offense to Suzuki dealerships, I just hate those things and ppl who drive them are usually douches. (my personal experience)

haha no they came and picked me up in an acura mdx. i'll get some pics up later today.

Redlyne_mr2
12-13-2008, 01:12 PM
Hey Hey leave us out of this :D We pick up people all the time who can't get here to pick up their vehicles. Better yet we have a limousine service sent out to them often.

Good to hear your experience was a pleasant one.

Anton
12-13-2008, 01:12 PM
Originally posted by richardchan2002

It's a douchemobile.

Which version of one?

LongCity
12-13-2008, 01:13 PM
To play the Devil's advocate (in this thread), I'm not sure why you're commending them on fixing the wheel problem they caused. I'd be furious if a dealership put on wheels that didn't clear the calipers (or whatever the problem was). Despite me picking out the wheels, they should have the knowledge to spot the problem beforehand, if not, right after putting the wheels on so it doesn't further damage the car before I've had it rolling down the street.

On another note, good to see a happy customer in lieu of the other thread.

bigboom
12-13-2008, 01:15 PM
Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2
Hey Hey leave us out of this :D We pick up people all the time who can't get here to pick up their vehicles. Better yet we have a limousine service sent out to them often.

Good to hear your experience was a pleasant one.

haha the next time lexus releases a performance sedan in a manual i'll be one of the first ones knocking on your door because your service is next to none. all im saying is i had a great experience with SDS as well. :)

i'm gonna blame me not getting picked up when i got my lexus on Ken then :)

bigboom
12-13-2008, 01:19 PM
edit.

bluetek
12-13-2008, 01:21 PM
^ Fair enough. It just seems that thread brought out a few more people that had a poor experience directly related to the dealership who were keeping quiet.

This isn't to say i'm siding with the guy who lost his deposit as you're right none of us have all the information on this one. However in my personal opinion I think how SDS dealt with it was quite unprofessional from hanging up on prospective customers to the business tactics they use to make a sale. I guess my point in my first post is trying to get across is everyone's experience at SDS or any place for that matter is subjective. Every person has different expectations. Some have obviously good experiences with SDS and others bad.

max_boost
12-13-2008, 01:30 PM
Congrats! So what did you get? 335? M3? :dunno: :dunno: :dunno:

Well generally, those who are more mature and have money, get the better service. FACT.

Redlyne_mr2
12-13-2008, 01:32 PM

haha the next time lexus releases a performance sedan in a manual i'll be one of the first ones knocking on your door because your service is next to none. all im saying is i had a great experience with SDS as well. :)

i'm gonna blame me not getting picked up when i got my lexus on Ken then :)
HAHA... make sure he throws in something decent for you on your next purchase. I'm not sure if we'll see many more manuals coming from Lexus. :(

TomcoPDR
12-13-2008, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by max_boost

Well generally, those who are more mature and have money, get the better service. FACT.

I beg to differ my balla $100k MB friend.

I was at the Disney store yesterday getting something for friend's kids.

I walked around playing with this cuz it was fun, you wouldn't believe how helpful the staff were in trying to make sure I'm satisfied finishing my shopping there and getting out. (i.e. "Oh can I help you pick something out, oh that's neat, etc...")

dUPBUZkS-Xg

Kona9
12-13-2008, 02:39 PM

I am guessing G35.

Preslow
12-13-2008, 02:57 PM
lawl @ rebuttal thread to SDS in disguise

Team_Mclaren
12-13-2008, 04:11 PM
im gonna guess a 6MT M3

bigboom
12-13-2008, 04:54 PM

i picked up a 2005 e46 m3 with a competition package in interlagos blue. :)

rc2002
12-13-2008, 05:23 PM
Originally posted by Kona9

I am guessing G35.

Lose

Originally posted by Team_Mclaren
im gonna guess a 6MT M3

Win. How did you know it was 6MT?

JAYMEZ
12-14-2008, 10:48 AM
Nice choice of car , I saw it when I went to buy my new car... Mine arrives on tues/wed , so ill be making a thread to lol!

bigboom
12-14-2008, 10:49 AM
Originally posted by JAYMEZ
Nice choice of car , I saw it when I went to buy my new car... Mine arrives on tues/wed , so ill be making a thread to lol!

yeah your car was going to be my second choice if i didnt get the e46. that white .... is going to be nice. :bigpimp:

GQBalla
12-14-2008, 11:46 AM
Nice. I must admit that is some crazy service

banned3x
12-14-2008, 12:42 PM
they have a shuttle service? wow i wish every dealer had one.

bigboom
12-14-2008, 01:21 PM
Originally posted by banned3x
they have a shuttle service? wow i wish every dealer had one.

it wasnt a shuttle service it was a pickup from my own house down to the dealership so that i could pick up my car. that way i didnt have to arrange any other rides or anything, they picked me up i went down to the dealer and was able to get my car. i've bought 5 cars now from 4 different dealers and suzuki was the only dealer that picked me up to pick up my car.

adidas
12-14-2008, 01:34 PM
20 dollars at the most in gas to come pick you up and drive you down!

car is approx 35K...

You already paid for your pick up, dont think you got anything "free" there aint no such thing in Canada!

bigboom
12-14-2008, 01:39 PM
edit.

The_Rural_Juror
12-14-2008, 01:45 PM
Not to contradict for the point of arguing, but I've been picked up every single time except for the times where I was trading in something. I'm sure that it's up to the salesman and not the dealership.

adidas
12-14-2008, 01:57 PM

who said it was free? i paid for my car the other 5 times too and no one picked me up nor did they offer that service. and the fact it was the owner himself picking me up.

why did he pick u up?

Cause of the last thread that is at like 20 pages of ppl saying how they will never buy a car from him, and especially how the economy is now thats a big hit! So hes trying to do whatever he can to earn the trust of "beyond" again so that ppl would come over and buy vehicles from him! Also him knowing that your from beyond, he thought if he does something good for you you might write up about him on here, in which turn you did!

Preslow
12-14-2008, 02:25 PM
at Heninger, the dealership picked customers up from out of town and dropped them off at their hotel after they looked at a car. We also did across town pickups, anything possible we'd do for customers. This is not out of the ordinary.

TomcoPDR
12-14-2008, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by adidas

why did he pick u up?

Cause of the last thread that is at like 20 pages of ppl saying how they will never buy a car from him, and especially how the economy is now thats a big hit! So hes trying to do whatever he can to earn the trust of "beyond" again so that ppl would come over and buy vehicles from him! Also him knowing that your from beyond, he thought if he does something good for you you might write up about him on here, in which turn you did!

Yea but maybe OP didn't identify himself as a member of Beyond.

7thgenvic
12-14-2008, 02:35 PM
Do you have pictures of the car?????

funkedelic2
12-14-2008, 02:43 PM
http://images.adesa.com/pic/LB/2008-12-04L/wbsbl93425pn63268_1.jpg
http://images.adesa.com/pic/LB/2008-12-04L/wbsbl93425pn63268_3.jpg

How much did you pay? I'm sure it was over 40k it is a zcp package and it had 34kms on it. They kept telling me it was a CSL. :nut:

dimi
12-14-2008, 02:48 PM

i was down there yesterday checking out the car i just purchased from them and got a chance to hear their side of the story. apparently OP had a deposit down on a car for 3 weeks where he was approved for financing and his parents even co-signed the loan for him. so SDS detailed the car, put gas in it and everything was arranged for him to pick up and that point OP decided not to go ahead with the purchase. it is one thing to put a deposit down for a few days but 3 weeks with financing arranged with his parents already having co-signed? i'm not sure thats a "deposit" anymore thats more of a down payment...

The more he posts the more he contradicts the information Norman put up in the other thread. Either he is a good friend of the owners or he needs to justify his purchase decision in some way.

As previously mentioned by other posters, there is always preferential treatment at dealerships and getting a ride when your car is ready to be picked up is not special treatment. It's the norm nowadays. If you want to retain your customers in the hardships of this economy you start offering these services.

Pete92SL
12-14-2008, 04:10 PM
Originally posted by Preslow
at Heninger, the dealership picked customers up from out of town and dropped them off at their hotel after they looked at a car. We also did across town pickups, anything possible we'd do for customers. This is not out of the ordinary.

They are great to deal with. Mind you, the type of people who buy Toyota cars……or any other type of car in the world would probably never go into a Suzuki dealership anyway. If it wasn't for this find your dream car service, none of you would either.

Why does everyone care so much? It is just a Suzuki dealership....??

bigboom
12-14-2008, 05:19 PM
stay away from SDS.

bigboom
12-14-2008, 05:22 PM
do not do business there.

Dj_Stylz
12-14-2008, 05:22 PM
Norman is the owner of SDS?

jdmSiR
12-14-2008, 05:26 PM
Yes, to my knowledge

TYMSMNY
12-14-2008, 05:37 PM
Originally posted by Dj_Stylz

no. His dad is.

edit: his

bigboom
12-14-2008, 05:37 PM
Originally posted by Dj_Stylz

he's the son of the owner. and no its not usually the owner that picks up its usually norman.

adidas
12-14-2008, 08:43 PM

Read a few posts up he stated that he spoke with norman about a car on here!

Moe Man
12-15-2008, 10:58 AM
i just delivered a 7 grand truck to brooks.....i fail to see the great service.

dude you paid 50k for a car, if i made 10 grand off you i would pick your ass up as well, i might even do other things for you on the way to pick up your car;)

i can get you one of those in a week for 10k less than what you paid for it. i wouldnt pick you up from your house tho, i would make you walk, and you probably would walk to my dealership if i can save you 10 k :thumbsup:

bigboom
12-15-2008, 11:48 AM
typical used car dealership stay away.

Moe Man
12-15-2008, 02:51 PM
Original Post Removed. (Please read the Forum Rules and Terms of Use (http://forums.beyond.ca/articles.php?action=data&item=1) before posting again, or risk getting banned).

bigboom
02-05-2009, 10:46 AM
as i cannot support South Deerfoot Suzuki and the way they do business anymore I had to edit all my posts in this thread.

EK 2.0
02-05-2009, 11:03 AM

as i cannot support South Deerfoot Suzuki and the way they do business anymore I had to edit all my posts in this thread.

May I ask why??...I am just curious...PM if you wish sai lo...

funkedelic2
02-05-2009, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by EK 2.0

May I ask why??...I am just curious...PM if you wish sai lo...

he explained why in the last thread about SDS.

i stood behind them because everything they did seemed positive to me.

First off came the whole snowstorm pickup. Any other dealership would have just said why dont you just come down saturday or monday and pick the car up after the snow has stopped. At first I saw it as dedication but then i realized it was jsut stupidity to pick up a client and make them drive home in that kind of weather.

Secondly the screw up with the wheels. The more I think about it the angrier I get. How do you put wheels on a car where it wont clear the callipers? Sure they said they would stand behind their mistake if something happened to the brakes but im not sure they actually would have, had something gone wrong, seeing the way they are doing business now.

Thirdly was the fact they lied to me about the price of the car. I'll break down the process for you when they source a car in an auction for you. First off they will source you the car and tell you when its going to auction, then SDS will tell you to put in your bid. Now this is the point where it gets sketchy, Norman will tell you that they keep a profit margin on the car of $1500, if the car sells for less than your bid then you get the car at a lower price as well as long as they get their profit. I'm promised this by Norman.

Anyways when I bought the M3 i put in my bid and Norman said that should get the car. So I won the auction and got the car. However SDS paid a lot less for the car than what I paid so theoretically I should have gotten it at a lower price however they made up some bullshit sotry about how they only made $750 on the car but they just wanted to get me the car anyways just to increase their counts. This story would have been fine and would have known no better had I not tried to trade the car in on a new car. With the e46 m3's I kept hearing problems about the VANOS and subframe tears so i thought ah what the heck I wouldnt mind getting back into a new car and ditch the M3 before the expenses start adding up.

As i shopped around, a dealer was trying to get me a decent trade in value for my car and called SDS to see if they were interested in buying it back and selling it as they seem to bring in some high end cars. So the dealer asked SDS if they were interested in buying the car back at black book and this is when a SDS rep actually told the dealership that they paid a lot less than black book for the car and they werent interested. ANyways the dealer told me about this and gave me a trade in number way lower than black book based on feedback from SDS, BMW Gallery and Calgary BMW.

So essentially SDS bought the car at a way lower price than my bid and fed some bullshit about how much they paid for the car. The whole time Norman maintained if they paid less than the bid price I would get it at the price provided that SDS got their profit margin.

Also I was told that the carproof on this car was clean. As I got the car proof i saw a collision claim with a $0 total. Asking Norman about this he mentioned it was probably such a small claim that insurance wouldnt cover it as it was under the deductible so he considered the car clean when he told me it was a clean carproof. If i saw an accident claim on the car of any amount I would not have bid it on it $0 or not.

I didnt want to start a new thread as I didnt want to stir up bullshit but i am reccmonding to stay away from SDS as they run their business like a typical used car shop and feed you nothing but lies.