PDA

View Full Version : Do Not Streetrace In Texas!!!

Corrupt1
09-28-2003, 07:17 PM
If you street race in texas your going to get caught the have a 2004 Viper!!! POOR CRIMANALS!:banghead:

4wheeldrift
09-28-2003, 07:23 PM
Interesting. Doesn't look like an 04 though.

Initial-D-Nerd
09-28-2003, 07:27 PM
lucky cop

edit:
hmm, i wonder if it has anything to do with the Gumball 3000?

Super_Geo
09-28-2003, 07:29 PM
They're going to need a damn good driver behind the wheel during an actual pursuit.

ninjak84
09-28-2003, 07:45 PM
I think that might be a joke from the Viper owner's club down there.

I don't know though.

Dope Dealer
09-28-2003, 08:03 PM
Photochop?

ninspeed
09-28-2003, 08:05 PM
Originally posted by Super_Geo
They're going to need a damn good driver behind the wheel during an actual pursuit.
I still rember the video of a 15 year old in a old crappy bmw out ran a ls1 interceptor cammaro... then the cop crashed and the kid kept going.. they say they caught him, but you never see him stop in the video..... damm american propaganda

jdmakkord
09-28-2003, 08:15 PM
Originally posted by ninspeed

I still rember the video of a 15 year old in a old crappy bmw out ran a ls1 interceptor cammaro... then the cop crashed and the kid kept going.. they say they caught him, but you never see him stop in the video..... damm american propaganda

That vid was an E30 M3, not exactly crappy by any standards.

rice_eater
09-28-2003, 10:35 PM
first off that is no 04 viper...then it has no markings so you'd think it's undercover...undercover cars dont have party lights on top, since they are undercover...i think photoshop

nex
09-28-2003, 10:47 PM
that pic is from like 3 years ago.

air_mikey
09-28-2003, 10:49 PM
i dont think its photshopped because of the reflection of the lights on the roof and the hood. it could just have been a joke.

ryder_23
09-28-2003, 11:35 PM
CHP and some other states have the new thing. CHP has an e36m3, fully undercover with just a basic antenna, the cop is pretty much plain clothed, except for pants down, drives around trying to race people on freeways/hwys, and soon as they start racing, boom, ur done.
e30 m3, is defintly not a crappy old bimmer.
Gumball 3000 isnt in us anymore, think its gone back to europe for a couple of years. Playersrun is in the states again, and the canonball run just started up this weekdn over in europe.

redx2nv
09-29-2003, 09:26 AM
Originally posted by ryder_23
CHP and some other states have the new thing. CHP has an e36m3, fully undercover with just a basic antenna, the cop is pretty much plain clothed, except for pants down, drives around trying to race people on freeways/hwys, and soon as they start racing, boom, ur done.
e30 m3, is defintly not a crappy old bimmer.
Gumball 3000 isnt in us anymore, think its gone back to europe for a couple of years. Playersrun is in the states again, and the canonball run just started up this weekdn over in europe.

Errrr no, thats illegal. Thats called entrapment and the cops can get in serious shit trying to pull stunts like that. Sounds like you been take like a foo:nut:

scott douglass
09-29-2003, 09:38 AM
this is an 04 viper

scott douglass
09-29-2003, 09:39 AM
i mena this is an 04 viper

lammer
09-29-2003, 09:44 AM
Originally posted by redx2nv

Errrr no, thats illegal. Thats called entrapment and the cops can get in serious shit trying to pull stunts like that. Sounds like you been take like a foo:nut:

so is it also illegal of cops try to sell you drugs? or try to buy it off you then bust you?

ryder_23
09-29-2003, 10:03 AM

If you pull up beside him, and start the race urself whats the big deal. Plus what lammer said, undercovers do that all the time, and guess what, this is an undercover car...hmmm..:nut:

I'm looking for the link with pictures to prove it, but i saw it posted in febuary so i'll see if i can find it.

ryder_23
09-29-2003, 10:05 AM
Originally posted by ninspeed

http://racingzone.org/download.php?op=viewdownloaddetails&lid=22&ttitle=BMW_M3_vs_Police_LT1_Camaro

hinggu
09-29-2003, 10:07 AM
Originally posted by lammer

so is it also illegal of cops try to sell you drugs? or try to buy it off you then bust you?

:werd:

Ebbsvette
09-29-2003, 10:50 AM

deffinatly not illegal.....some cop down here had a 911 turbo and did that..... :nut:

Kona9
09-29-2003, 11:16 AM
First of all I want to point something out. That Show is full of SHIT!!!! If every time you hear a semi trucks horn honk, why is it the same honk everytime? When the camera is filming from a helicopter, do you honestly think that you can hear tire squealing from inside a helicopter? The best yet is when the chases end up on a dirt or gravel road, do you think it is possible to squeal your tires on dirt? C'mon John Brunell run a show that is not so far fetched you God Damn Jerky Treat.
Just to give you an idea about how far fetched this BMW clip is, if you watch the whole 4:19 of footage, they say the kid got caught. BULLSHIT!!!!! It's possible he did but not in the footage they gave us. If you watch from 2:10 - 2:16 of the footage, that is where he cuts a shit hook in the center divider and carries on the other way...............now skip to 3:42 - 3:54 where they say the BMW broke down and he got busted...........BUUUUUUULLLLLLSHIT its the same fuckin footage frame for frame. TV is trying to make america believe every highspeed chase is ended with an arrest. Jackasses.

ryder_23
09-29-2003, 11:34 AM
The kid did get caught. I was reading on another forum, that the kid got away from the cops, but drove car home to dad, dad thought it was stolen really kid took out for joy ride. So the cops went to the home to say that the car got away, but to their surprise the car was at the house, and then the kid was arrested. His dad was head of some driving school, i forget the name, i think hes taught his kid a few things about driving, cause if it was any normal 15year jumping in car to drive like that for the first time, i dont think he'd be able to keep it on the road.

And when the cop said he made a swearving motion to him, i think the cop just lost control and made up some excuse lol.

We should make a show about how many people everyday get away from the police...now that would be entertainment, plus we'd get alot more footage.

Kona9
09-29-2003, 11:44 AM
hahah ryder. nice. but you do understand what I am saying. The kid did not get busted when constable dickylicker said he did. It's nice to know that a highly trained professional flinches at shoulder movements. The show is a load of poo.

redx2nv
09-29-2003, 12:34 PM
that show makes me sick it so full of shit.

But, a cop CANNOT race you due to entrapment laws, but if you try and race the cop your fucked.

403Gemini
09-29-2003, 01:27 PM
that show makes me sick it so full of shit.

But, a cop CANNOT race you due to entrapment laws, but if you try and race the cop your fucked.

lol to a degree. 1st who are they gonna believe? you or 2 cops in court. your word vs theirs... also they cant rev their engine, roll down their window and yell "lets go bitch" or anything like that... but they are allowed to drive done up cars or nice cars and if somebody revs next to them they are allowed to look over and smile and if you rip off the line, then they are allowed to pull you over...

there ya go edumaction at its best :D

403Gemini
09-29-2003, 01:34 PM
Originally posted by lammer

*laugh* no its called undercover work. look at the VICE group in calgary. Cops go undercover as prostitutes ALL the time. If your going to do something illegal (question about drugs/sex and purchase it) then your only entraping yourself.

Dont be stupid and dont do or sell drugs. you have a problem? go shoot yourself. we dont need the scum of the earth in calgary thanks ;)

403Gemini
09-29-2003, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by Kona9
First of all I want to point something out. That Show is full of SHIT!!!! If every time you hear a semi trucks horn honk, why is it the same honk everytime? When the camera is filming from a helicopter, do you honestly think that you can hear tire squealing from inside a helicopter? The best yet is when the chases end up on a dirt or gravel road, do you think it is possible to squeal your tires on dirt? C'mon John Brunell run a show that is not so far fetched you God Damn Jerky Treat.
Just to give you an idea about how far fetched this BMW clip is, if you watch the whole 4:19 of footage, they say the kid got caught. BULLSHIT!!!!! It's possible he did but not in the footage they gave us. If you watch from 2:10 - 2:16 of the footage, that is where he cuts a shit hook in the center divider and carries on the other way...............now skip to 3:42 - 3:54 where they say the BMW broke down and he got busted...........BUUUUUUULLLLLLSHIT its the same fuckin footage frame for frame. TV is trying to make america believe every highspeed chase is ended with an arrest. Jackasses.

yes cause a m3 can outrun a helicopter :rolleyes:

fact is anybody runs in calgary from the police they get the helicopter. my bud on his bike ripped by a cruiser goin 240, got away from all cars but helicopter followed him everywhere. fact is, you wont get away.

tommy1223
09-29-2003, 02:58 PM
ya cops go undercover in street cars all the time.

there are cops at where i live that drives brand new WRX's. they trade it in for a new one every couple of months or so. Donated by dealer. and a cop cammero supercharged.

they'd hit races and if people try to race them then they are fucked. u can outrun the car but not the radio.

and if the racer is caught they wont get their car back so the cops will turn it into another undercover car.

Good stuff!

403Gemini
09-29-2003, 03:07 PM
Originally posted by tommy1223
ya cops go undercover in street cars all the time.

there are cops at where i live that drives brand new WRX's. they trade it in for a new one every couple of months or so. Donated by dealer. and a cop cammero supercharged.

they'd hit races and if people try to race them then they are fucked. u can outrun the car but not the radio.

and if the racer is caught they wont get their car back so the cops will turn it into another undercover car.

Good stuff!

yup, have you seen the orange golf? or the black cavalier? hah i saw the cav and some guy in a lude was revin up at a red light(the cav was totally just riced out, aluminum spoiler, neon lights n stuff lol your typical rice.) and then light goes green and the lude peels outta there and then the neons turn off, the cop lights go on and siren goes on i couuldnt stop laughing. im like "WHERE THE FUCK DID THAT COME FROM?!" hah so good (i was behind the lude, and im DAMN glad my distributor was havin problems cause i woulda tried to race the cavalier too but my acceleration is damn slow and right when i got into 2nd gear the cop lights turned on so i slowed down hah)

good times :D

maximus
09-29-2003, 11:22 PM
Originally posted by 403Gemini

*laugh* no its called undercover work. look at the VICE group in calgary. Cops go undercover as prostitutes ALL the time. If your going to do something illegal (question about drugs/sex and purchase it) then your only entraping yourself.

Dont be stupid and dont do or sell drugs. you have a problem? go shoot yourself. we dont need the scum of the earth in calgary thanks ;)

I believe entrapment is if THEY initiate. Sure the cops have prostitutes on the street but they can't come up to you and 'offer their services' then arrest you if you say yes. You have to pull up to them and ask them then they arrest you.

I would have to agree that them racing you is entrapment if they start revving their engine and stuff. But if you're the ass reving then you deserve to be pulled over. Thats why I never make the first move.

And whats this about an undercover golf????:confused:

Kona9
09-30-2003, 08:40 AM
If you were paying attention Gemini I was referring to the shows helicopters , not HAWKS in Calgary. It is quite obvious you can't run from a helicopter. My point is , is the show is way too over done and far fetched. Even though the chases are real the final story and some of the repeated footage is retarded.

DJ Lazy
09-30-2003, 09:05 AM
Originally posted by Kona9
If you were paying attention Gemini I was referring to the shows helicopters , not HAWKS in Calgary. It is quite obvious you can't run from a helicopter. My point is , is the show is way too over done and far fetched. Even though the chases are real the final story and some of the repeated footage is retarded.

Kona9, take it dooooooooooown a notch..
Its just a show.. Reality TV is over done, soap operas are horrible, movies? well they are overdone to the MAX (but I am sure you love them).... Atleast part of these chases is real, i am sure they cut and move sounds that would be picked up from other sources and add them into clips.... otherwise when you are watching all you would here is a helicopters rotor beating the air... WOW, such cool sounds... Its called Entertainment... Thats all man.

redx2nv
09-30-2003, 12:11 PM

lol to a degree. 1st who are they gonna believe? you or 2 cops in court. your word vs theirs... also they cant rev their engine, roll down their window and yell "lets go bitch" or anything like that... but they are allowed to drive done up cars or nice cars and if somebody revs next to them they are allowed to look over and smile and if you rip off the line, then they are allowed to pull you over...

there ya go edumaction at its best :D

isnt that what i just said, you gotta really read your posts better.

Kona9
09-30-2003, 04:18 PM
I guess I came across as heated to DJ LOTEC AND GEMINI. I apologize. Not heated at all. Just saying its cool to watch some kid or crack head try to out run the fuzz, but the repetitive sound effects, and what not are odd. :)

hjr
09-30-2003, 07:04 PM
there was a thread a while back with a RX-7 with lights on it. The general consencus was that it was a track pace car. for solo1 or something. i dont see why this would be any different. It is definetely not a police car though.

Skyline_Addict
10-05-2003, 04:20 AM

yup, have you seen the orange golf? or the black cavalier? hah i saw the cav and some guy in a lude was revin up at a red light(the cav was totally just riced out, aluminum spoiler, neon lights n stuff lol your typical rice.) and then light goes green and the lude peels outta there and then the neons turn off, the cop lights go on and siren goes on i couuldnt stop laughing. im like "WHERE THE FUCK DID THAT COME FROM?!" hah so good (i was behind the lude, and im DAMN glad my distributor was havin problems cause i woulda tried to race the cavalier too but my acceleration is damn slow and right when i got into 2nd gear the cop lights turned on so i slowed down hah)

good times :D

that's very interesting, but what defines "initiation of a race"?
do they chop you once you break the speed limit, or do they actually consider revving your car and burning rubber off the mark an act of illegality?

4wheeldrift
10-05-2003, 08:10 AM
Originally posted by Skyline_Addict

do they chop you once you break the speed limit, or do they actually consider revving your car and burning rubber off the mark an act of illegality? If you peel away from a traffic light and a cop is around, you're guaranteed a stunting ticket.

Kona9
10-05-2003, 09:43 AM
:D shits and giggles

Skyline_Addict
10-05-2003, 04:48 PM
Originally posted by Skyline_Addict

do they chop you once you break the speed limit, or do they actually consider revving your car and burning rubber off the mark an act of illegality?

oh yeah, that totally makes sense.
how many demerits is stunting?

lol nice pic kona...is that your photochop?

Wildcat
10-05-2003, 06:09 PM
Originally posted by tommy1223

that would have to be the worst attempted spelling of "camaro" i have ever seen... if thats not a typo; God have mercy on your soul..